• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

I finished up to the Cave of Stolen Fayth this morning. Good luck with Tonberries and Ghosts.

Did Cavern a couple days ago. Now I'm in the Final Story Area, then just gotta get a few more in OR then I just need to stat max

Aurizen

I think I'm a give up on getting Lulu and Wakka sigil. I might just get Wakka weapon power it up to break Ifrit limit and start training.

XJF

I think I'm a give up on getting Lulu and Wakka sigil. I might just get Wakka weapon power it up to break Ifrit limit and start training.

Lulu's can easily be obtained in less than 20 minutes. Not sure why everyone's complaining about it. Wakka's will take about 7 hours total, though. That wasn't fun

Holmes

Wakka's sigil took me only maybe 3 hours, but I was constantly resetting team data.
Yea, I'm on Standard grid. Still debating between doing full luck just doing Agi and Eva
Ah, I'm on the expert grid, kind of have no choice here. Luck basically acts as two stats anyway, so it's fine.

I haven't had much time to play, DS II is eating up all my play time. I am on the boat ride to Luca and just got the trophy for nailing the jecht shot. I didn't even know that was a trophy.

aett

Every time I get to the endgame grind in FFX, I'm shocked at how much money you're expected to have/spend on bribing enemies for the ingredients to customize the best armor. What's the best way to get a ton of gil?

Manu

Fuck these Bevelle robots blocking your way from Seymour. Getting ambushed by them is pretty much game over.

I'm just cheesing my way with Bahamut.

Aurizen

Lulu's can easily be obtained in less than 20 minutes. Not sure why everyone's complaining about it. Wakka's will take about 7 hours total, though. That wasn't fun

I can never dodge 200 lightning bolts, and I'm terrible at blitzball.

aett

Fuck these Bevelle robots blocking your way from Seymour.

I'm just cheesing my way with Bahamut.

On the long bridge, right? That's the best grinding spot pre-endgame. I highly recommend using a Black Magic Sphere (if you're using the standard grid) to give Yuna Firaga - all of those Bevelle robots are weak to fire and water, and you can also use Firaga against enemies in the next areas. I spent an hour or two grinding there and most of my characters were only several spaces away from the end of their boards.

Levyne

Banned
Every time I get to the endgame grind in FFX, I'm shocked at how much money you're expected to have/spend on bribing enemies for the ingredients to customize the best armor. What's the best way to get a ton of gil?

Mimics in the Omega ruins at first (with gillionaire, which is on Godhand). You can doom them if you aren't strong enough to kill them normally.

Later, I think it's faster to sell some arena drops.

aett

Mimics in the Omega ruins at first (with gillionaire, which is on Godhand). You can doom them if you aren't strong enough to kill them normally.

Later, I think it's faster to sell some arena drops.

Okay, thanks! I'll give that a shot.

On the long bridge, right? That's the best grinding spot pre-endgame. I highly recommend using a Black Magic Sphere (if you're using the standard grid) to give Yuna Firaga - all of those Bevelle robots are weak to fire and water, and you can also use Firaga against enemies in the next areas. I spent an hour or two grinding there and most of my characters were only several spaces away from the end of their boards.

Agree with your thoughts, but surely those machines are not better than the Omega Ruins for grinding.

XJF

Just finished Capping Monsters in the Final Story Area. All I have left is the Omega Ruins. Hopefully I can finish it tonight when I get back from work

pariah164

I love the graphics in X-2 as much as X. Just beautiful stuff.

f4zYPAF.jpg
Callbacks to FFX...

New Dresspheres...

Though some of these victory poses...

Seriously, wtf are you doing Rikku.

krae_man

Is there a way to cause a preemptive strike or prevent an ambush?

I've almost been killed before I've even had a chance to attack a couple times.

aett

Agree with your thoughts, but surely those machines are not better than the Omega Ruins for grinding.

I did say pre-endgame. :)

As far as super leveling goes... I've known about the Don Tonberry trick for years and I'm anxious to finally try it. I always plan to use it, then get stuck because I wasn't able to get all the items necessary to make leveling armor with Auto-Phoenix, Overdrive --> AP, Triple Overdrive, and Triple AP. I typically end up just leveling up by fighting
Cactuars in the desert valley
, which takes a lot longer.

Flandy

So I did the 0.0.0 time in the chocobo race before getting the mirror. Does that mean I'm going to have to do it again later to get that dude to move? Or do I just need to beat the trainers time?

XJF

So I did the 0.0.0 time in the chocobo race before getting the mirror. Does that mean I'm going to have to do it again later to get that dude to move?

you only have to beat the person again in a race, you do not have to beat 0.0

Levyne

Banned

I believe the weapon customization "initiative" will increase the chance of preemptive strike.

The customization "First Strike" will overrule an ambush (for that character).

Shahed

Just to make sure. If I want to get everything in Besaid before a certain thing shows up, it's best to backtrack before Lake Macalania right?

magawolaz

How long did you grind at
Bevelle Highbridge
? Been there for two hours at least, almost got to the end of each character's sphere-thingy main path.
(Exept Kimhari's because
he is currently unavailable
, but then again who the hell uses Kimhari?)

Where can I get Lv.3-4 key spheres?

Flandy

No, you just need to beat her again.

you only have to beat the person again in a race, you do not have to beat 0.0

Thanks :) Anything else I should do here in Calm Lands before I move on to the next area? I don't have the
Airship yet

Just to make sure. If I want to get everything in Besaid before a certain thing shows up, it's best to backtrack before Lake Macalania right?

Yep. As soon as you beat the boss Sephimorph in the woods is when you need to backtrack. aka after the first Jecht sphere

Levyne

Banned
How long did you grind at
Bevelle Highbridge
? Been there for two hours at least, almost got to the end of each character's sphere-thingy path.
(Exept Kimhari's because
he is currently unavailable
, but then again who the hell uses Kimhari?)

Where can I get Lv.3-4 key spheres?

I think you're a bit early where you can easily get those. A lot of the later bosses will drop them. You can bribe Chimeras in the Calm Lands for 4's. A few enemies in the later dungeons will drop 3's, with apparently Demonliths able to be bribed for a good chunk of them (according to the wiki)

Son Of D

Weapons with Initiative (dropped by Qactuars on Thunder Plains, added via customise with 6 Chocobo Feathers and the Sentry weapon for Auron you can buy at Mushroom Rock) disable ambushes and increase chances of pre-emptive attacks.

SirNinja

The Initiative ability raises the chance for a pre-emptive, and removes ambushes entirely (except for foes that always ambush, like Great Malboro). Qactuars in the Thunder Plains are a decent source for early Initiative equipment, and some merchants sell them later on.

Edit: beaten!

It's been so long, but the best way to get money, as I remember it, is to buy empty weapons and armor and use easier-to-get customize materials to customize them, then sell and repeat.

I know you could make millions really fast doing that, but I don't remember the details.

Sorry for being so vague about it.

OmegaDL50

Why is it I had little trouble with getting the 200 Lightning Dodges and a time of 0:0:0 in the Chocobo Race, but the Macalania Butterfly game always gives me problems.

I guess some things are easier or harder to different people depending on circumstance.

I wouldn't mind if you just caught a red butterfly causes you fail the game, but instead you are dragged into this fight which is just time consuming. I'll get this done eventually, I suppose.

Top Bottom