• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Finally getting to the sidequests

Got Tidus's ultimate weapon powered up.
Zanmato'd Dark Valefor because eh..whatever. It's only money.
He dropped a Genji shield with break hp limit & auto regen (would have preferred ribbon instead but oh well) slapped on a auto haste so yeah.

bobawesome

Was feeling pretty good about my progress until I got to Mt. Gagazet and had to
fight Seymour for the third time.
Oh well...back to the drawing board, I guess.

grimmiq

He was a cakewalk for me (Lost the first time because I completely forgot about Total Annihilation..) Spent a few mins around the save point readying my Aeon's overdrives, Auron had 4k health, everyone else between 1.5k and 2.5k.

Enter the fight, Haste on Yuna, Shell on Auron.
Then just summon Aeons 1 by 1 and used their overdrives for 7k-9k each, every overdrive will also cause him to be drained for 4/2/1k health. After Bahamut/Shiva/Ixion/Ifrit he'd use Total Annihilation which only Auron would survive, Mega Phoenix and he was down to 10-12k HP, easy to finish him off. Or if you use poison, he'll be dead already.

Lol this happened to me last night too. Had no overdrives going into the fight though. Him dispelling haste is a pain in the ass too.

So did Kimahri
watch the entire time Tidus and Yuna were kissing and shit?

because he does not look pleased

BUY2RZS.jpg

Also, these pics are mid-game spoilerish, but

http://i.imgur.com/yksoxJA.jpg
these people jumped out of a fucking airship and broke up Seymour's wedding, so the maesters lock them up in a cage with bars so far apart anyone could fit through them hanging from a ledge that anyone could easily jump to...and Tidus and Auron don't even consider escaping

http://i.imgur.com/0wjZyaJ.jpg
and this cracks me up, they expect 2 Blitzball players and an Al Bhed to drown in a submerged hallway? What are these maesters thinking??

HeelPower

"Hey everyone, we have this huge monster that's coming from the sea that's pretty indestructible and can rampage indiscriminately killing thousands, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then how about we build our cities/towns like, near the sea, like near the beach? You know, just for fun. Don't need to build our cities/towns far inland! Near the sea is much more fun!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, do you know that people still need to breathe with oxygen while underwater?"

"Oh yeah? Well fuck biology man. My lung is INDEFINNNITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

1)Sin can fly anywhere it wants. Bevelle is inland and sin can reach it without much trouble.

2)if you look at real life examples, the japanese live on earthquake infested areas, why don't they just move away ?

Along with many coastal countries that have to put up with floods and natural disasters such as Bangladesh and many parts of india, indonesia, Philippines ...It isn't that simple.

3)They have to go on for 5 minutes at a time in blitzball..that is very possible irl...Though probably exaggerated in the game due to the respiration that movement requires.It really isn't that much of stretch if you know about superman and spiderman.

4)This game isn't based on reality.So yeah.Fuck biology anyway.

Ferrio

Banned
Going to be a tough decision when I get this tomorrow. Do I play FFX which I beat when it came out (and I usually don't replay RPGS) or play FFX-2 which I never played before....

Going to be a tough decision when I get this tomorrow. Do I play FFX which I beat when it came out (and I usually don't replay RPGS) or play FFX-2 which I never played before....

I was in the same boat, I played FFX like 8 years ago and really wanted to jump right into X-2, but I decided to play X first and I'm not regretting it at all.

The game is beautiful and it's a lot better than I remember. It's fun to relive a lot of the small plot details I'd forgotten, and blitzball is just as amazing as I remembered

I hate the Blitz ball game, do i have to do it or i can pass on the tournaments?

You're crazy, but you only have to play 1 game as part of the story.

You get a lot of good prizes for winning leagues and tournaments, including Wakka's overdrives and part of his final weapon.

HeelPower

The Ultimania has a lot of business clarifying that summoners have a *lot* to do with Gravity-elemental magic (of all things) - which is the manipulation of life force/pyreflies - and presumably the unsent are holding themselves together through sheer force of will, just as fiends have sort of drifted together by chance. Summons are especially strong manifestations of pyreflies tethered together by gravity magic, and Sin the strongest of all of those. I can't remember all of it and I might be getting some of this wrong, but essentially Tidus lacks the self-cohesive force of an unsent.

Very, very interesting dimension to gravity magic...I didn't know that.
That could explain why sin uses a lot of gravity magic?

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, I'd really appreciate long-term Blitzball a lot more, the way both Triple Triad and Quadra Master have lasting appeal, if the AI wasn't so blatantly suicidal.

I don't even mean just athlete AI. Whoever manages the teams should be outright fired. Midfielder contract ends? Oh, let's sign on some random schmuck with 5 EN and 8 Pass. Nope, nothing would go wrong. Oh wait, said random schmuck also then immediately charges right into Brother nonstop every time they get the ball after a goal.

Y6O9Of2l.jpg

cWc2dk0l.jpg

As it is it feels more like a giant time-wasting chore than something actually enjoyable for its own sake. And I played the shit out of both Captain Tsubasa and Tecmo Cup Football Game back in the day. :(

edit: Just went 10-0 on Luca Goers. I don't remember Brother being this OP D:

grimmiq

So did Kimahri
watch the entire time Tidus and Yuna were kissing and shit?
because he does not look pleased

I took that the opposite way,
we saw earlier on Khimari's "smiling" looked like a snarl, just before that scene ends he makes the same expression.

Mendax

Man FFX starts out slow, I'd say its slower than FF13...
Can we leave Besaid already?

nah I think ff13 is far worse in this regard. As someone else said above; by the time you have seen zanarkand pre-sin, baaj temple and besaid in FFX you'd still be walking around narrow paths in the FF13 hanging edge lol.

That said, it's still quite the amount of time before it really opens up but I think thats necessary for such a story driven game. X-2 opens up a lot faster and has a lot worse story and character introductions..

I took that the opposite way,
we saw earlier on Khimari's "smiling" looked like a snarl, just before that scene ends he makes the same expression.

FJcrSab.jpg

hmm.. I dunno. ^This is his smile, the other pic looks like a frown, but it's hard to tell. Either way
he shouldn't be watching!

grimmiq

He wasn't smiling the whole time he was shown..that would've been even creepier..It was just a quick "smile" at the very end.

Banzai

Sooo, about ultimate armours...
Ribbon+Auto-Haste+Auto-Phoenix seems like a given, but what about the fourth slot?
Auto-Protect? Auto-Regen?

ramyeon

Yeah, there was definitely a quick smile from Kimahri at the end of that scene. By that point he had grown pretty fond of Tidus and he was happy for them, seemed pretty obvious to me.

HeelPower

Kimahri was probably several meters away from them.

Plus they didn't do anything really..
They kissed and danced underwater,albeit excessively.lol

ZeroX03

Banned
AFAIK there is not a single attack from *any* foe in FFX International where you absolutely need Break HP Limit to avoid/survive.

If you're stat maxed, then theoretically you do not need Break HP Limit.

...but generally speaking it's still very helpful if you're maxing out the sphere grid.

Sooo, about ultimate armours...
Ribbon+Auto-Haste+Auto-Phoenix seems like a given, but what about the fourth slot?
Auto-Protect? Auto-Regen?

Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Regen + Break HP Limit works great if you're going for the long haul. Otherwise Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Phoenix + Auto-Protect IIRC.

Tizoc

nah I think ff13 is far worse in this regard. As someone else said above; by the time you have seen zanarkand pre-sin, baaj temple and besaid in FFX you'd still be walking around narrow paths in the FF13 hanging edge lol.
My memory is a liiiiitle hazy on progression in FF13, but I'm one who skips all cutscenes when playing it.
By the time you start the area after the battle with Atma and you get branded as a l'Cie, you'd have spent 30-45 minutes.

Xenex

Man FFX starts out slow, I'd say its slower than FF13...
Can we leave Besaid already?

I don't think it's slow at all, I've been progressing quite fast. I'm pissed with myself for not getting the destruction sphere in Besaid so now I have to fight a Dark Aeon (hopefully I can whoop it arse).

My memory is a liiiiitle hazy on progression in FF13, but I'm one who skips all cutscenes when playing it.
By the time you start the area after the battle with Atma and you get branded as a l'Cie, you'd have spent 30-45 minutes.

Maybe that's why. In FFX there's no skip therefore you think it's dragging out.

Hanmik

a quick question...

I have the Downloadable PsVita version of the games..

E8UoJhU.jpg

I just noticed that on the PC Psn store it says playable on vita and ps3.. that isn´t true is it..? you need to buy it seperatly..? or..?

ZeroX03

Banned
a quick question...

I have the Downloadable PsVita version of the games..

E8UoJhU.jpg

I just noticed that on the PC Psn store it says playable on vita and ps3.. that isn´t true is it..? you need to buy it seperatly..? or..?

No. By 'playable' it means you can download this game to that system, not that it's actually playable on it.

PSP games say the same thing (though you actually can play PSP games on a CFW PS3...).

nubbe

This game is kinda worse than I remember it

I'm almost afraid to replay FFXII now... even though I liked it a lot more

If you're stat maxed, then theoretically you do not need Break HP Limit.

...but generally speaking it's still very helpful if you're maxing out the sphere grid.

Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Regen + Break HP Limit works great if you're going for the long haul. Otherwise Ribbon + Auto-Haste + Auto-Phoenix + Auto-Protect IIRC.

Question, why auto haste if you can just cast it? Just asking, I'm in the same boat as the guy who asked. I just got the airship and I'm about to start my side quests. I need some strong armor, I'm no where near having my stats maxed and I know some bosses hit really hard. I was leaning towards getting break HP

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the cloud saves are tied to your account or tied to the region of your game? The N.A. Limited edition is on the way to me from N.A. but I'm tempted to buy the region 3 English versions of the Vita versions. They're sold separately in Singapore and I like the covers.

ZeroX03

Banned
Question, why auto haste if you can just cast it? Just asking, I'm in the same boat as the guy who asked. I just got the airship and I'm about to start my side quests. I need some strong armor, I'm no where near having my stats maxed and I know some bosses hit really hard. I was leaning towards getting break HP

Because you get the buff from the beginning, and you don't have to waste a turn casting Hastega, and it applies to people who aren't currently active in battle. Plenty of reasons.

Does anyone know if the cloud saves are tied to your account or tied to the region of your game? The N.A. Limited edition is on the way to me from N.A. but I'm tempted to buy the region 3 English versions of the Vita versions. They're sold separately in Singapore and I like the covers.

Cloud saves are region locked, unless you do some CFW/save hacking mojo which we aren't 100% sure on yet. So just assume region locked.

Ourobolus

Banned

IIRC (and it's like other FF games), if you have Auto-Haste, you should be protected from Slow.

Son Of D

AFAIK there is not a single attack from *any* foe in FFX International where you absolutely need Break HP Limit to avoid/survive.
Penance has an attack that hits everyone, often does over 10K. You can get this to deal less than 9999 but it needs a specific set up on the armour. Defence +20%, Auto Potion (just make sure you only have X-Potions), Auto Haste and Ribbon. Just have Protect on everyone and be sure to defend with everyone before Penance has a turn.

Saves a turn to cast Hastega, stops Dispel from removing it, prevents Slow status and Haste is still active when the character is revived.

Penance has an attack that hits everyone, often does over 10K. You can get this to deal less than 9999 but it needs a specific set up on the armour. Defence +20%, Auto Potion (just make sure you only have X-Potions), Auto Haste and Ribbon. Just have Protect on everyone and be sure to defend with everyone before Penance has a turn.

Ribbon is better replaced with Auto-Protect for Penance.

Holmes

Ribbon is good on your main attacker who will be in all battles (Tidus, Wakka or Rikku) but it's unrealistic getting more than one. So I will opt for Stoneproof consodering how many Dark Aeons can cause petrify.

Auto-Haste is the single best and most universal armor mod there is. There is never a "best armor" which does not include it, outside of quirky challenge modes.

Once you try it you'll never want to look back.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So... is there a particular reason why "network features" is disabled when playing with Vita...?

Because I can't play this while simultaneously downloading stuff in the background, can I? Seems bloody stupid.

Guess Who

Banned
So... is there a particular reason why "network features" is disabled when playing with Vita...?

Because I can't play this while simultaneously downloading stuff in the background, can I? Seems bloody stupid.

Some more intensive games on Vita shut off network features to conserve battery life.

Shiina

I guess it saves battery power. It's a cool idea but it being optional would make it even cooler.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
This game is kinda worse than I remember it

I'm almost afraid to replay FFXII now... even though I liked it a lot more
I played FFX HD after a 12 year hiatus. Gave up after about 6 hours. I thought X was decent but overrated back in the day, now I can't even force myself to play it.

FFXII on the other hand... I just played IZJS on PCSX2 a couple months ago and loved every minute. That is a game that gets better the second time IMO (especially the IZJS with its huge improvements). There is a lot of subtlety in the story that is easier to appreciate the second time. The writing and voice acting in XII are in a completely different league. It's like comparing He-Man to Lord of the Rings.

Hollycat

lol I've played the game when it was on ps2 100's of times and the X-2,
He's a fayth/dream, but I get your point. but what if the reason Tidus still exists in can be the reason Sin exists? Didn't the aeons re-dream Tidus in Spira? I think that must mean sin was never Truly defeated. I seen the 30 min drama.
TLDR: Tidus in Spira, Yu Yevon still lives.

Just a weird thought I had

I can't attest to that, I have yet to finish X-2, but I was under the impression the audio drama wasn't canon, after all, it brings back Auron as well. If they come back in X-2, don't tell me. And yes, I already know about not-Tidus. Some jerk in highschool ruined that for me.

No. When I beat the second one, I got a Teleport Sphere.

You gotta do it without touching any red butterflies.

Top Bottom