• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Jacobbles

Got Status Reels! Hooray!

So now I just need to do one more Tournament for the last Overdrive and then another League for the Sigil, right? ...And then I'm done?

I hate Blitzball.

RPGCrazied

What team makes Blitzball really easy? I've only won 2 games so far with the starter team and a replacement goalie, lol.

I really want Wakka's stuff this time. Never got those ever.

ramyeon

Got Status Reels! Hooray!

So now I just need to do one more Tournament for the last Overdrive and then another League for the Sigil, right? ...And then I'm done?

I hate Blitzball.
You'll need to do at least two more leagues after the tournament unless you reset the data to reset the league prize.

Jacobbles

You'll need to do at least two more leagues after the tournament unless you reset the data to reset the league prize.

Oh god. I might just do that then. One more league is already way more games than I want to play, so the thought of doing two is unbearable.

AFAIK there is not a single attack from *any* foe in FFX International where you absolutely need Break HP Limit to avoid/survive.

I'm not at that point yet in the Remaster but if I remember right isn't Nemesis' Ultra Spark the only attack that you cannot reduce down to 9999 damage (it's a group attack) no matter what the setup?

ramyeon

Oh god. I might just do that then. One more league is already way more games than I want to play, so the thought of doing two is unbearable.
Haha yeah, that's the quickest way but you will lose all your signed players and levels etc. I think I ended up playing around 50 games by the time I got the Sigil since I didn't reset at all.

Son Of D

I'm not at that point yet in the Remaster but if I remember right isn't Nemesis' Ultra Spark the only attack that you cannot reduce down to 9999 damage (it's a group attack) no matter what the setup?
Good call. Forgot about that attack. In that case Auto Life, BHPL or using an Aeon as a meat shield are required for Nemesis.

Aurizen

I can't attest to that, I have yet to finish X-2, but I was under the impression the audio drama wasn't canon, after all, it brings back Auron as well. If they come back in X-2, don't tell me. And yes, I already know about not-Tidus. Some jerk in highschool ruined that for me.

Auron didn't come back in the audio drama, there was a girl that claimed to be his child. Would be interesting to see who was behind all that.

Go_Ly_Dow

It boggles my mind that today's S-E can't manage to capture even a sliver of what makes these games feel so special.

crazy as it sounds even the new main menu look and sound design just gives a 'feel' of FF.

something XIII completely lacked despite all the tacked on fan service.

Hollycat

Auron didn't come back in the audio drama, there was a girl that claimed to be his child. Would be interesting to see who was behind all that.

Then why does Yuna talk about Auron as if he were still alive? I got the impression this was an alternate universe or something.

What team makes Blitzball really easy? I've only won 2 games so far with the starter team and a replacement goalie, lol.

I really want Wakka's stuff this time. Never got those ever.

Do you have the airship?

A really good starter squad which uses units which aren't already on teams is something like:

Forward: Tidus
Forward: Vilucha (found in Besaid Hut) or Wedge
MF: Brother(Airship)
Defense: Ropp (Rin's Travel Agency on Mi'hen high road)
Defense: Zev Ronso (Standing on one of the docks in Luca)
Goalie: Keepa is fine, although Jumal, Kyou, or Miyu would be slightly better.

As long as you aren't trying to go long haul this team will demolish the opposition and is easy to get.

RPGCrazied

Do you have the airship?

A really good starter squad which uses units which aren't already on teams is something like:

As long as you aren't trying to go long haul this team will demolish the opposition and is easy to get.

Not yet, I'll get those when I do. Thanks for the tips!

Fucking dark Aeons!!!!!!

I feel like I can't go anywhere without someone just jumping out at me and sending a instant kill my way. I'm having a hell of a time just getting parts for the ultimate weapon and I probably need those to kill these things.

Do you have the airship?

This is the team I'll be rolling with (Wedge + Jumal), the only change I'd make would be Zalitz instead of Zev, mainly for speed.

RPGCrazied

Isn't a Dark Aeon blocking Besaid Village? Don't know if I want to fight that. Ugh. I guess I can pray on Yojimbo to one hit it I guess.

Isn't a Dark Aeon blocking Besaid Village? Don't know if I want to fight that. Ugh. I guess I can pray on Yojimbo to one hit it I guess.

YES it is! I was stupid enough to leave that one destruction sphere in besaid and I can't get to it any longer.
I can't even get a turn. I tried to get the crest for Tidus and another one came out because its the international version

RPGCrazied

YES it is! I was stupid enough to leave that one destruction sphere in besaid and I can't get to it any longer.
I can't even get a turn. I tried to get the crest for Tidus and another one came out because its the international version

Try and put First Strike on a weapon.

Jacobbles

Haha yeah, that's the quickest way but you will lose all your signed players and levels etc. I think I ended up playing around 50 games by the time I got the Sigil since I didn't reset at all.

I ended up resetting, up to Round 3 of 10 to win the Sigil. It's not so bad, just doing the usual Jecht Shot and then hide behind goalie technique. So close. So close now. This minigame sucks. I miss Tetra Master.

There's a piece that goes a little into the translation on FFX, worth a read.

Wow, man every time I read an old school translation story I have more and more respect for all of them and I'm amazed at the lengths people had to go to just to get us these games. Mad props to all of them. Anytime someone harshes on a translation of a game I just try to imagine how hard that team had to work to get something passable by release date. Just to have some teenager harsh on it in a brilliant display of sheer ignorance.

Okay, alright, I think I'm almost at the end of the game. Pretty soon I'll be able to do a ton of backtracking to finish up mini-games and side tasks! Then it's onto X-2!

Levyne

Banned
As I mentioned earlier, if the sphere grid trophy requires slotting something everywhere, might as well do HP, right? Or you could just slot redundant stats I suppose....or mp limit breaking.

bootski

Should I start those celestial weapon side quests as soon as possible or is it easier to do them late game, I don't remember a goddamn thing about this game and never tried getting the weapons before

the only thing i've found that i should have done during the non-grind playthrough is get those 3 albhed primers in home. now i have to go back and replay from the last save i had before that which was quite a ways away. not looking forward to getting those. outside that i think just about everything else is available after you get the airship.

XJF

EDIT: Well, at least I now know I'll have to play X-2 twice at least to Platinum it...
Why 2 playthroughs? Did you miss something or do trophies require a second like how LRFFXIII did?
Some DA/Penance strategies don't even use Overdrives so "anyone" is pretty applicable. Rikku's support mixes make things a bit quicker though, so I'd probably recommend you use her. Tidus and Wakka have the strongest Overdrives though so, even if you're not using their Overdrives, if you're going for "best party", that's it.

I think leaving Yuna out of the party can be to your advantage if you want to use an Aeon to block something, and then there's little things like Lulu's long attack animation or Yuna, Lulu, and Auron's Celestial Weapon damage modifiers if you want to get really technical.
Pretty good idea with leaving Yuna out. Guess I'll run Tidus, RIkku, Wakka. I just really don't like Wakka, ya?

Do you have to capture more tonberry to fight don tonberry multiple times ?
To unlock Don Tonberry you have to capture at least one of every monster in the Cavern of Stolen Fayth. Once you've captured one of them all you can fight Don Toberry as many times as you want.

Loke13

At the point in the Thunder Plains where
Yuna refuses to tell the people who are SWORN TO PROTECT HER that Seymour killed his own fucking father!
that part always bugged me we could have avoided so much grief if she just would have told us.

XJF

You need to do at least 2 playthroughs for 100%.

No you don't? New guide specifically says if you give sphere to Youth League you can acquire 100% in a single playthrough (Pge 234). This means it would still take 2 playthroughs for Platinum, just not for the reason you said, it's due to Via Infinito not being accessible this way.

Any ways, this sucks. I hate games where they force multi-playthroughs.

Guess I'll start with my completion sweep of it, then do a speed run for the Via Infinito Trophies

This is the team I'll be rolling with (Wedge + Jumal), the only change I'd make would be Zalitz instead of Zev, mainly for speed.

Zalitz also has a higher ATK and Block, but his End is low, which is a feature that personally drives me nuts when it comes to defenders.

But good point, Zalitz is another good alternative.

I thought all "humans" in Spira could do that indefinitely?

No, in Eternal Calm Yuna's time is around 3 minutes. It seems only Blitzball players can hold their breath for long time. As early people mentioned, you think they could come up with an oxygen mask for players. This is an advanced civilization!

Holmes

Just need 4 more Master Tonberries and 3 more Varunas, then I have 10 of every capturable fiend in the game! And my runs in the Omega Ruins has gotten me 6.2 million gil. That should help plenty for stat maxing.

Levyne

Banned
Two playthoughs needed for X-2? Is it something you can save scum or is it really 2 legitimate playthroughs?

Can someone reply in spoiler tags?

Falk

that puzzling face
At the point in the Thunder Plains where
Yuna refuses to tell the people who are SWORN TO PROTECT HER that Seymour killed his own fucking father!
that part always bugged me we could have avoided so much grief if she just would have told us.

I don't understand women either

XJF

Just need 4 more Master Tonberries and 3 more Varunas, then I have 10 of every capturable fiend in the game! And my runs in the Omega Ruins has gotten me 6.2 million gil. That should help plenty for stat maxing.

Well you need 720,000 per auto-haste per character. You'll see that 6.2M dwindle really quick! I spent like 5 hours in Omega Ruins yesterday capping them all. I ran from all battles that I didn't need to capture anything in.

Levyne

Banned
Also getting the Winning Formulas (I think) if you are crafting the AP weapons and not getting them from the original creature the drops them or whatever.

Pollux

I just crossed the Moonflow, as far as getting Celestial Weapons - should I be doing anything along the way to work towards those?

Basically, what should I be doing at this point in the game to make getting certain weapons, armor, upgrades, etc. easier?

Levyne

Banned
I just crossed the Moonflow, as far as getting Celestial Weapons - should I be doing anything along the way to work towards those?

Basically, what should I be doing at this point in the game to make getting certain weapons, armor, upgrades, etc. easier?

There's nothing really that you can do to make it easier or harder, for most all of them.

I wouldn't worry about that stuff until later on.

Top Bottom