• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Did Square Enix ever explain why Valefor had 2 limit breaks while the others had only one?

Didn't really explain it, no, but it sure is nice to have.

It's kind of a bummer that Ifrit is pretty much objectively the worst summon in the game (except for, maybe, Yojimbo); he doesn't get to be out of range like Valefor, Meteor Strike is fucking terrible compared to the rest of the Aeon-specific special moves, and his stats don't scale up with Yuna's very well at all. At least the elemental Aeons get to be way better at healing themselves than the non-elemental ones.

Lucreto

It's kind of a bummer that Ifrit is pretty much objectively the worst summon in the game (except for, maybe, Yojimbo); he doesn't get to be out of range like Valefor, Meteor Strike is fucking terrible compared to the rest of the Aeon-specific special moves, and his stats don't scale up with Yuna's very well at all. At least the elemental Aeons get to be way better at healing themselves than the non-elemental ones.

I don't remember Ifrit being particularly bad. I used him as my main choice until Bahamut stole the show.

Wazzy

Banned

Wow I thought Yojimbo was considered the best summon. I haven't played in a long time so granted my memory is a little fuzzy but I always remembered him being considered cheap.

Flandy

I'm at the cavern where Yojimbo is atm. Is there any trick to getting him super cheap? I can't get him to go below 202500 gil :\

Wow I thought Yojimbo was considered the best summon. I haven't played in a long time so granted my memory is a little fuzzy but I always remembered him being considered cheap.

He's the most powerful at his peak, considering that Zanmato auto-kills anything it hits, but he's also not that great at basic utility summoning (though the fact that a very affectionate and well-trained Yojimbo is capable of automatically counterattacking enemies and can sometimes hit multiple targets with Wakizashi is a big deal, IMO).

Manu

I only played maybe half of the mainline FF games, is this the only one where Bahamut is a story-related, unmissable summon? He's usually a late game optional summon.

Holmes

First Strike + Provoke makes hunting fiends in Omega Ruins a lot less stressful.
Auto-Life for 1 MP, feels like I broke the game lol
I prefer having Auto-Phoenix on my armor. Break HP Limit, Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Haste and Stoneproof.

Levyne

Banned
Apparently I'm reading that, concerning Wakka's Attack Reels...

The last slot always ends on 2 if you wait it out? Maybe not super useful but it's kind of funny.

XJF

Apparently I'm reading that, concerning Wakka's Attack Reels...

The last slot always ends on 2 if you wait it out? Maybe not super useful but it's kind of funny.

I thought that was fixed in the International version?

I only played maybe half of the mainline FF games, is this the only one where Bahamut is a story-related, unmissable summon? He's usually a late game optional summon.

I'm pretty sure he's story-unmissable in FF7 and FF9 (but maybe it's possible to walk right past the Bahamut materia on the ground in FF7?). But yeah, optional in 4, 5, 6, and 8.

Wazzy

Banned
Alright, time to try and beat the blitz tournament.

He's the most powerful at his peak, considering that Zanmato auto-kills anything it hits, but he's also not that great at basic utility summoning (though the fact that a very affectionate and well-trained Yojimbo is capable of automatically counterattacking enemies and can sometimes hit multiple targets with Wakizashi is a big deal, IMO).

Ahhhh okay. Thanks!

Flandy

This game is so good...

image.php

You look like you're enjoying it

I need some help with something, I'm trying to find all the Qactuar Stones in the Thunder Plains and I prayed to one in the first half of the Plains and then one in the second and now none of them are glowing?

I have no idea where to find the third glowing stone at all.

Bleahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Late-game
Fuck Yunalesca. And fuck Square Enix for not including cutscene skip/

At least I can browse the internet while waiting for this
skank
to quit yapping.

Holmes

Hunting fiends in the Omega Ruins is such a pain. So many enemies and some of them so rarely appear. My run just now was litterally 60% Mimic formations. I mean, it was fine because I made a pretty penny, but I really want to complete fiend hunting. Omega Ruins is the last area I need 10 of each fiend.

Something I don't understand from early in the game. I'll spoiler it in case.
Why does Sin attack Zanarkand in the beginning? If that is the Summoned Zanarkand what is the point of attacking it? I can only assume Jecht decided to do it as Sin. Auron seems to communicate with Sin when he says "Are you sure?" But does Jecht have that much autonomy and did he always intend to pull his son out of the summoned Zanarkand? And what destroyed Zanarkand 1000 years ago if Sin was the creation of Yu Yevon? Why would it destroy it?

Why does Sin attack Zanarkand in the beginning? If that is the Summoned Zanarkand what is the point of attacking it? I can only assume Jecht decided to do it as Sin. Auron seems to communicate with Sin when he says "Are you sure?" But does Jecht have that much autonomy and did he always intend to pull his son out of the summoned Zanarkand? And what destroyed Zanarkand 1000 years ago if Sin was the creation of Yu Yevon? Why would it destroy it?

What destroyed Zanarkand was explain in the story and it would be used as part of the plot in FFX-2.
But basically Bevelle and Zanarkand went to war and Zanarkand lost.

Atlantis

Yu Yevon created Sin to protect the summoned version of Zanarkand, which was created because the original city was doomed to destruction by Bevelle in some great machina war. He protects the summoned Zanarkand by using Sin to halt the progress of technology by destroying machina and cities. When it was originally created, it immediately destroyed the nearest city, which was Zanarkand itself.

Jecht is shown to have a bit of control over Sin as he goes to the summoned Zanarkand with the intention of bringing Tidus to Spira and listens to the Hymn of the Fayth in Lake Macalania. Jecht is aware of the truth about the Final Summoning and Yevon, so he both wants Tidus to experience the 'real world' and also hopes he'll find a way to break the cycle.

Hollycat

Massive endgame spoilers.
In the beginning the dream Zanarkand is attacked by sin to bring Tidus to the real world. This is because Jecht is running out of time and losing his mind, if he waits any longer, Tidus will be unable to stop the cycle. Dream Jecht literally got to Spira by going so far out to sea he exited the dream Zanarkand. DZ is it's own little world, which explains why Tidus knows nothing about Spira despite it touching Zanarkand. In DZ, there is no Spira.

the real Zanarkand and its summoners was destroyed by the Machina of Bevelle. Yu Yevon summoned Sin, and then DZ (from the fayth created by the dead killed in Zanarkand by Sin and the machina) as retribution against Bevelle, and in the process most of the machina were destroyed. Somewhere along the line, probably around the same time Yunalesca destroyed the first Sin, Yevon the religion discovered it could use the fear of Sin to stay in power and control the people, and thus it took up the name of the creator of the peoples fear, Yu Yevon.

It's probably safe to assume Yu Yevon Summoned Zanarkand because he didn't want to let go of his past, maybe he even thought he could live in the summoned world.

However, none of this manages to account for Jecht and Tidus's minds going to the farplane instead of just being conjured by pireflies like some others. Since they were technically Aeons, The only thing I can come up with is that the impact Tidus and Jecht had on the people of Spira somehow made them real.

XJF

Hunting fiends in the Omega Ruins is such a pain. So many enemies and some of them so rarely appear. My run just now was litterally 60% Mimic formations. I mean, it was fine because I made a pretty penny, but I really want to complete fiend hunting. Omega Ruins is the last area I need 10 of each fiend.

same here. I only need 8 individual captures. Taking forever

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The other Chocobo trophy is MUCH easier, especially if you know the right path to take and have a bit of practice;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyamu6xg0H4

This video shows the general path, however there is one modification that can make the difference as one commenter posted, take the second ramp to open the last chest, it saved me just enough time.

Keep in mind the time of the AI varies by up to 10 seconds, and his path can take upwards of 40 seconds. If you can get used staying off from the walls, and follow the optimal path, it should take a couple handfuls of tries to finish it. Additionally, you don't need a perfect run to get the trophy, only the chests are required, not missing the poles.

XJF

Is there any sort of ability that you can add to your equipment that will increase the spawn rate of rare monsters?
Unfortunately, no lol

This video shows the general path, however there is one modification that can make the difference as one commenter posted, take the second ramp to open the last chest, it saved me just enough time.

Haha, I posted this same tip on pstrophies.org in the "Trophy Guide and Road Map" thread 4 days ago after I got the trophy. Taking the last path really is a lifesaver. As for his time varying, I found his time to be EXTREMELY consistent. If you aren't kicking open the final chest BEFORE 34 seconds exactly you won't make it

I'd like to add something for the Chocobo Master Trophy. I tried for 2 straight hours using the exact route outlined in the guide. I was consistently finishing a few inches behind. Then one time as I was going for the final chest, instead of taking the first "bridge" up, I took the second one up, which I believe is what shaved off the 0.3 seconds I needed to win. Try it and see if it helps you, if you get stuck there. Also, trophy popped even though I hit 3 poles, so the poles don't negate the trophy.

How can I get yojimbo stronger, his health is like in the 4000's and I'm at the end came content.
You can upgrade manually using Sphere's. Aeon stats are also linked to Yuna's stats. Powering her up also increases the stats of her aeons.

Top Bottom