• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

Holy SHIT. So I tried out Yojimbo just now for the first time just to test him out. Upon summoning him he immediately does Wakizashi without me saying anything and then I gave him 501 gil and he does Zanmato.

pariah164

cWYkEMZ.jpg
This scene. The way he said it just made me think of this:

vBduWfK.png

Atlantis

This scene. The way he said it just made me think of this:

vBduWfK.png

The difference in tone between the previous conversations and the last one is really hilarious. He spends two or three conversations acting very depressed and mopey then suddenly...

"What brings the High Summoner to these woods? -^_^-!?!?! <3'

pariah164

The difference in tone between the previous conversations and the last one is really hilarious. He spends two or three conversations acting very depressed and mopey then suddenly...

"What brings the High Summoner to these woods? -^_^-!?!?! <3'
Yeah that too. Mood whiplash~.

HeelPower

Guys! Tidus-Farplane spoilerific endgame question
Can someone explain to me why Tidus doesnot react to Yuna's sending and entering the Farplane ? Isn't he technically made of Pyreflies and vulnerable to these things ?

AmanoBuff

Took me like 40 mins to get to Besaid. That's just going there and not coming back. Took a bit less to get back since I had watched all the Jecht Spheres already on my way back. When you get to the beach where the operation went down it will look like the path is blocked, but it isn't. You use some boxes as stairs to go over the rubble.

Didn't have any no encounter equipment. As far as I'm aware I can't get any yet. I just ended up putting Rikku and Tidus in my main part so every time I got into a battle I made Rikku steal something if she went first and then I made Tidus use his flee ability that lets everyone escape at once.

Thanks Flandy. Sorry to not reply earlier. I've been too busy working/playing. I backtracked that way as well and I don't regret it one bit after using that awesome overdrive.

Vita is such an amazing device. I can play at night through all the awesome story parts and then grind in the morning while I 'work'. lol

Erigu

none of this manages to account for Jecht and Tidus's minds going to the farplane instead of just being conjured by pireflies like some others.
Note that Tidus's mother shows up in the Farplane. Maybe it could be argued that there's little difference between the souls of "real people" (apparently sent to the Farplane in pyrefly form) and those of people entirely made of pyreflies in the first place?
(... but then again, Tidus won't show up in the Farplane in Final Fantasy X-2, if I remember well? because the Fayths stopped dreaming?)

Can someone explain to me why Tidus doesnot react to Yuna's sending and entering the Farplane ? Isn't he technically made of Pyreflies and vulnerable to these things ?
I imagine that, unlike unsents like Auron, he's sustained by Yu Yevon and the Gagazet Fayths.

HeelPower

Hollycat

It's not about being made of pyreflies, it's about being dead. If living beings and Aeons could be sent by a normal sending, then destroying Sin would be trivial.

Aurizen

You can upgrade manually using Sphere's. Aeon stats are also linked to Yuna's stats. Powering her up also increases the stats of her aeons.

yeah, That much I know but his health seems to be the lowerst of all the others. how come??

XJF

yeah, That much I know but his health seems to be the lowerst of all the others. how come??

Because his evasion is so high. Just how it is
My closest Eva aeon is Shive with 123 Evasion and 6K HP. Yojimbo has 600 more HP, but a whopping 227 Evasion. Don't need a lot of health if you rarely get hit. Granted this doesn't help much against DA and some harder Arena Bosses

Pollux

God, I love this game. Blitz ball is so relaxing

I would have punched me if my 10 year old self heard me say that :jnc

Hollycat

End game he doesn't die.Yet he gets sent.I assume that's because he is no longer sustained by the fayth who disappear after Yu Yevon's defeat..As Erigu said above.

I don't think he was actually being sent. When he jumped into the pyreflies he was either carried away or diseminated into them, but yes, that was because the fayth was gone. If Yuna hadn't performed the sending, he likely would have disappeared anyways. I thought that was the whole point of "I'll disappear."

I finally reached the third Seymour battle in Mt. Gagazet.

Holy fucking christ.

The absolute easiest way to beat that fight is to
get the overdrives ready for all the aeons. You should open with an overdrive, as that will cause the morichasis to stop its super annoying first attack.

Aurizen

One think I noticed about the world of Spira

The fact that the fayth can bring Tidus back to life tells me that the fayth are still around and having an effect on the world also that may be a reason for Sin to return.. or Some of the old Yevon believers who still respect the old teachings someone became a new Yevon and became sin. I HOPE they make an X-3 after KH and XV. I want to see what happened to the new sin.

OmegaDL50

I would think because Yojimbo can't be directly controlled like the other Aeons, you are basically paying him to do an attack. Also you note unlike the other Aeons he also doesn't have an Overdrive.

People may claim that Zanmato is his Overdrive, but the fact is it's a standard ability. Unlike the other Aeons he just picks one ability randomly with a factor hidden friendship level.

Basically he doesn't really need high HP because the nature of needing to pay him to do an attack doesn't warrant him leading to a battle of attrition to require high HP values to begin with.

He's a glass cannon sort, that either fires one single massive attack or doesn't.

Aurizen

Because his evasion is so high. Just how it is
My closest Eva aeon is Shive with 123 Evasion and 6K HP. Yojimbo has 600 more HP, but a whopping 227 Evasion. Don't need a lot of health if you rarely get hit. Granted this doesn't help much against DA and some harder Arena Bosses

ohhh than makes sense! Ok, I'm training my main 3 I use, Yuna, Tidus, and Auron. and getting gil. then off to fight sin and end it.

Hollycat

One think I noticed about the world of Spira

The fact that the fayth can bring Tidus back to life tells me that the fayth are still around and having an effect on the world also that may be a reason for Sin to return.. or Some of the old Yevon believers who still respect the old teachings someone became a new Yevon and became sin. .

That was basically all gibberish.

Have you beaten the game yet? The reason Sin keeps coming back is a plot point.
Also, the fayth never brought Tidus back to life
. Ultra spoiler:
Tidus never existed, he's an Aeon

The Ultimania has a lot of business clarifying that summoners have a *lot* to do with Gravity-elemental magic (of all things) - which is the manipulation of life force/pyreflies - and presumably the unsent are holding themselves together through sheer force of will, just as fiends have sort of drifted together by chance. Summons are especially strong manifestations of pyreflies tethered together by gravity magic, and Sin the strongest of all of those. I can't remember all of it and I might be getting some of this wrong, but essentially Tidus lacks the self-cohesive force of an unsent.

Hollycat

You know, it's kind of funny we're all marking spoilers from a game that came out a decade ago. I guess that attests not only to how good the original is, but how good the remake holds up as well.

XJF

I beat both of the butterfly catches and still didn't get Kimahri's Sigil. Guess I'll have to try again.

Where are you story-wise? You can't do the catch for his sigil until you have the
airship

BTW, just captured my final Master Tonberry. Got 10 of Everything! Now we stat max.

B.K.

Edit: Finally got it. Apparently I was running out of the map before the chest dropped. Never had that problem before.

Aurizen

That was basically all gibberish.

Have you beaten the game yet? The reason Sin keeps coming back is a plot point.
Also, the fayth never brought Tidus back to life
. Ultra spoiler:
Tidus never existed, he's an Aeon

lol I've played the game when it was on ps2 100's of times and the X-2,
He's a fayth/dream, but I get your point. but what if the reason Tidus still exists in can be the reason Sin exists? Didn't the aeons re-dream Tidus in Spira? I think that must mean sin was never Truly defeated. I seen the 30 min drama.
TLDR: Tidus in Spira, Yu Yevon still lives.

Just a weird thought I had

XJF

What's the best Dark Aeon party? Or does it matter, since by then they'll all have max stats and are all identical essentially?

Geez, I bushed... Spending 99 Sphere Levels really takes a lot outta you :p

pariah164

Paine as a Festivalist is curb-stomping EVERYTHING.

EDIT: Well, at least I now know I'll have to play X-2 twice at least to Platinum it...

Atlantis

What's the best Dark Aeon party? Or does it matter, since by then they'll all have max stats and are all identical essentially?

Geez, I bushed... Spending 99 Sphere Levels really takes a lot outta you :p

Some DA/Penance strategies don't even use Overdrives so "anyone" is pretty applicable. Rikku's support mixes make things a bit quicker though, so I'd probably recommend you use her. Tidus and Wakka have the strongest Overdrives though so, even if you're not using their Overdrives, if you're going for "best party", that's it.

I think leaving Yuna out of the party can be to your advantage if you want to use an Aeon to block something, and then there's little things like Lulu's long attack animation or Yuna, Lulu, and Auron's Celestial Weapon damage modifiers if you want to get really technical.

K.Sabot

I never finished FFX, and looked up where I currently am at and apparently I'm like 2 hours from beating the game.

It honestly felt like I was in the middle of the game. I'm gonna finish the game without having Hasteaga at this point.

HeelPower

lol I've played the game when it was on ps2 100's of times and the X-2,
He's a fayth/dream, but I get your point. but what if the reason Tidus still exists in can be the reason Sin exists? Didn't the aeons re-dream Tidus in Spira? I think that must mean sin was never Truly defeated. I seen the 30 min drama.
TLDR: Tidus in Spira, Yu Yevon still lives.

Just a weird thought I had

Well that's primarily why X-2 Tidus coming back doesn't make sense. It violates the lore of the world to bring about an undeed, fanboyish happy ending.

I wanted to buy Final Fantasy X on the EU PSN store, came to know that the game is only sold as a bundle with X-2. I have a 4 GB memory card, don't wanna upgrade, I don't mind buying the bundle, just wanted to know if the games can be downloaded separately and played on a 4GB card. Or is it like the MGS HD Vita bundle I bought that doesn't let me download the games separately and hogs all the space on my 4GB card?

Flandy

I wanted to buy Final Fantasy X on the EU PSN store, came to know that the game is only sold as a bundle with X-2. I have a 4 GB memory card, don't wanna upgrade, I don't mind buying the bundle, just wanted to know if the games can be downloaded separately and played on a 4GB card. Or is it like the MGS HD Vita bundle I bought that doesn't let me download the games separately and hogs all the space on my 4GB card?

You can download them on their own. Each game is 3.3 GB

Banzai

Done with lightning dodging.
Done with butterfly catching.
Done with Cactuar hunting.

Only Blitzball and monster hunting left now, and with the team i have Blitzball will not be a problem. I hate (hate HATE) monster hunting though.

Btw, does anyone find the frontal assault on sin as tough as i do? the battle's all about damage output in a limited amount of time and i never seem to be strong enough once i get to that point in the story.

Korezo

Where are you story-wise? You can't do the catch for his sigil until you have the
airship

BTW, just captured my final Master Tonberry. Got 10 of Everything! Now we stat max.

Do you have to capture more tonberry to fight don tonberry multiple times ?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
"Hey everyone, we have this huge monster that's coming from the sea that's pretty indestructible and can rampage indiscriminately killing thousands, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then how about we build our cities/towns like, near the sea, like near the beach? You know, just for fun. Don't need to build our cities/towns far inland! Near the sea is much more fun!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, do you know that people still need to breathe with oxygen while underwater?"

"Oh yeah? Well fuck biology man. My lung is INDEFINNNITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Banzai

Laughing Banana said:
"Then how about we build our cities/towns like, near the sea, like near the beach? You know, just for fun. Don't need to build our cities/towns far inland! Near the sea is much more fun!"

Well, Sin can fly, too.
Maybe this particular incarnation of Sin just likes to hang underwater because it's Jecht.

Chapter 1 of FFX-2 complete!

... And I realize I forgot to do PR/Marriage stuff except in Killika. Am I screwed?

Not really. If you just want to get one company to level 5 , you still have plenty of points. If you want to do , it just means you're going to have to spend even more time playing their mini games.

pariah164

Not really. If you just want to get one company to level 5 , you still have plenty of points. If you want to do , it just means you're going to have to spend even more time playing their mini games.
I have no intention of playing the mini games; I just usually talk to the people I need to, hitting the right responses for each for max points. I meant to do so n Chapter 1, but I guess I was just so :D over playing X-2 again it slipped my mind. Then I saw the words 'Chapter 1 Complete' and went, "...fuck."

Top Bottom