• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Jacobbles

I'M FINALLY DONE! VIVA LIFE!

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bjqf79JCAAAmUMC.jpg:large[/IMG]
Now on to Lightning Dodging and Butterfly Catching

XJF

Also getting the Winning Formulas (I think) if you are crafting the AP weapons and not getting them from the original creature the drops them or whatever.
Winning Formula x30 Grants Triple Overdrive. You can bribe Sand Worms for 15 of them for around 900K. That's 1.8M per character just to lvl. Granted, it's not required, just makes it go faster.

I just crossed the Moonflow, as far as getting Celestial Weapons - should I be doing anything along the way to work towards those?

Basically, what should I be doing at this point in the game to make getting certain weapons, armor, upgrades, etc. easier?

Not really. Just enjoy the story for now. However, if you're going for the Platinum, you're coming up (in like 5 hours) on the ONLY missable trophy in the game. 4 Consecutive missable Al Bhed Primers. be on the look out.

I forgot, what was the deal with the first fight against Lady Belgemere (sp)? My Valefor lost against her Ifrit and I got a Seekers Ring, is there any more desirable outcome that maybe even is trophy related?

Levyne

Banned
Winning Formula x30 Grants Triple Overdrive. You can bribe Sand Worms for 15 of them for around 900K. That's 1.8M per character just to lvl. Granted, it's not required, just makes it go faster.

Yep, I was bringing it up in support of your "that money can disappear quick" post you had earlier :)

I forgot, what was the deal with the first fight against Lady Belgemere (sp)? My Valefor lost against her Ifrit and I got a Seekers Ring, is there any more desirable outcome that maybe even is trophy related?

Nothing trophy related. I would have to look up what it is, but it's just some other accessory or a sphere of some sort. Nothing worth resetting for.

XJF

Yep, I was bringing it up in support of your "that money can disappear quick" post you had earlier :)

I know. lol Luckily, Only Auto-haste (of "ultimate Armor abilites") requires that much bank.
Auto-protect items can be obtained through beating Fafnir (1.1M HP) in Arena. 20 for reg kill, 40 for OK.
Auto-Phoenix items can be bribed from Ghost in the Cavern of SF. 2 Characters worth for 200K
And you get enough Stamina Tablets through arena to put Auto-Potion on everyone. Easy peasy.

Who can guess what I'm doing right now lol

Pollux

Not really. Just enjoy the story for now. However, if you're going for the Platinum, you're coming up (in like 5 hours) on the ONLY missable trophy in the game. 4 Consecutive missable Al Bhed Primers. be on the look out.

Yeah, I saw that. I've gotten all 13 so far and have been keeping an eye out for any others. And by that I mean I've been following a list on the internet for locations of al bhed primers

Hollycat

Congrats. Now the rest of the game is cake except maybe
Yunalesca
, but she is not that bad.

Be warned though, when you get
Yunalesca's second form down to 0 hp, her third form opens with Mega Death, which kills everyone. Either equip armor that prevents death, or beat the second form with an aeon. She uses MD randomly in her third form as well.

Just beat that Evraem Dragon thing, I feel so OP right now, I hardly had to heal. :D
I remember struggling so badly and buying tons of antidotes to create poison immunity.

This time, though, I was done in less than 5 minutes. Damn this game feels so much easier now. I guess it really pays off to always use every character.

DPtheGod

Hey guys, I forget, how do you get to the very bottom of Mushroom Rock Road? I am near the
command center with Seymour.

Hollycat

Hey guys, I forget, how do you get to the very bottom of Mushroom Rock Road? I am near the
command center with Seymour.

keep playing. You can't get there till certain events have happened.

Edit: oh did you mean the canyon? That's an endgame area.
You need the airship.

antibolo

Banned
I always assumed that humans in the FFX world have evolved to have metabolisms similar to underwater mammals.

In any case I'm fairly sure it's impossible for a real life human to hold breath for 5 minutes while playing something as physically demanding as blitzball.

Vitanimus

Just beat that Evraem Dragon thing, I feel so OP right now, I hardly had to heal. :D
I remember struggling so badly and buying tons of antidotes to create poison immunity.

This time, though, I was done in less than 5 minutes. Damn this game feels so much easier now. I guess it really pays off to always use every character.

Me too! I remember struggling so much at this part as a kid. Casting slow and using Cheer x 5 made it a piece of cake.

Gaz_RB

I always assumed that humans in the FFX world have evolved to have metabolisms similar to underwater mammals.

In any case I'm fairly sure it's impossible for a real life human to hold breath for 5 minutes while playing something as physically demanding as blitzball.

Technically I think the blitzball spheres have breathable liquid in them, not standard water.

Jacobbles

Yunalesca's second form down to 0 hp, her third form opens with Mega Death, which kills everyone. Either equip armor that prevents death, or beat the second form with an aeon. She uses MD randomly in her third form as well.

Mega Death doesn't affect people with Zombie status though, and she'll inflict that upon you quite a bit so... yeah. I left one member with it so when she used MD I just popped a Mega Phoenix (though the downside of that is it will insta-kill the zombified person who uses it)

XJF

xvHY71il.jpg

Anyone know the best arena monster to farm for fast Gil?

Hollycat

You know something that's interesting?

ENDGAME SPOILERS
Jecht, an Aeon, was used as a final summoning and turned into Sin. Since Jecht was being summoned by Yu Yevon, that means if something had interrupted Yu's summoning before Jecht was defeated, Tidus and Jecht would have both disappeared.

Would sin still be left?

Basically, unlike previous final aeons that were created by summoners, Jecht was a Final Aeon of Yu's own design, and thus the first sin since the original one that was actually summoned by Yu himself.

It began with his summoning and ended with it. Yu defeated his own final aeon with another aeon (Tidus)

Jacobbles

Anyone know the best arena monster to farm for fast Gil?

Probably not the quickest way, but I've been killing Mimics in Omega Ruins. They drop 50,000 each kill. With Gillionaire it gets you 100,000 per kill. A good option if you're not super strong yet (like me)

If you
keep at least one party member as a zombie
, it will do nothing, tough.

edit: I'm late.

XJF

Probably not the quickest way, but I've been killing Mimics in Omega Ruins. They drop 50,000 each kill. With Gillionaire it gets you 100,000 per kill. A good option if you're not super strong yet (like me)

I'm pretty beast mode right now. It's taking me longer to spend Sphere Levels than it is to gain them lol I'm getting relatively good returns from farming 3-slot Triple Ap weapons from One-Eye. Can't get one for Lulu.

Can someone bring me up to speed on blitzball and why its important to finish? Just curious :)

I really want to play this but I need to stick with Dark Souls 2 and finish that first.

You get good overdrives for Wakka (Attack Reels mainly) and an item that is needed for his Ultimate weapon. Also, trophies if you're going for those.

Jacobbles

Can someone bring me up to speed on blitzball and why its important to finish? Just curious :)

I really want to play this but I need to stick with Dark Souls 2 and finish that first.

It's only important if you want to get Wakka's ultimate weapon and extra Overdrives.
There's one game you play as part of the main story but you don't have to win to progress.

Levyne

Banned

It's tied to Wakka's Ultimate weapon, powering up his ultimate weapon, and his overdrives.

It also kind of stinks that he has one of if not the best Overdrives, meaning you'll want to power up his weapon, even if it's technically not needed for the platinum (other than getting the powered down weapon itself after only a handful of games).

Of course, if you don't care about trophies or 100%, you can skip it outside of the story required match.

So, yesterday I got to Calm Lands, went to the Chocobo girl to do the 0.00 thing. At first it was frustrating, not because of the controls, but because of those god damn birds. They just keep coming. After about 20 tries I got a 0.05...

5 or so tries later I got 0.00, with 15 balloons and 2 birds. So, instead of riding the chocobo to head for the save point, I went on foot, and got into a battle. At this point I was distracted, looking at another TV, and so I just mashed X during the battle. At one point Auron was "Stoned" and Tidus was almost dying. I must have looked away while the fiend attacked, because I failed to notice that Kimahri got "Stoned" as well.

Tidus attacks, the fiend strikes back, Tidus goes down and... Game over.

:(

At least it isn't that hard to get 0.00 on the race, so I wasn't mad. After reading the comments here it looked like it was going to take forever, but after getting a hang of the controls, it's okay. Today I got 0.00 after 2 attempts, with 14 balloons and 1 bird.

Kura

Banned
Reached Calm Lands and beaten in 0.0.0 the chocobo race. Didnt take more than 15 tries or so. Not as hard as it seems.

But I know I will jump off of the window when trying to dodge the 200 bolts...

EDIT
Incredibly beaten.

Holmes

Well you need 720,000 per auto-haste per character. You'll see that 6.2M dwindle really quick! I spent like 5 hours in Omega Ruins yesterday capping them all. I ran from all battles that I didn't need to capture anything in.
Ugh, don't remind me. Plus all the money I'm going to spend on Clear Spheres and fighting arena fiends for spheres (although they usually drop equipment that can usually be sold for a profit), my poor wallet. Luckily Mimics are very common.

Well that was a nuisance.
Upgraded Rikku's celestial weapon. Not really hard just time consuming.
Thank God I got that no encounter weapon from that fiend in the baaj temple. The best part is it's for khimari who I never use, and no encounter still works even for characters in the back row.

Reached Calm Lands and beaten in 0.0.0 the chocobo race. Didnt take more than 15 tries or so. Not as hard as it seems.

I've done it in 3 tries once. Another time it took me over 6 hours spread across days.

The thing is 90% luck, 10% skill. I agree that the 10% skill isn't that hard. But when the luck hates you...this game is the only time I ever remember throwing a controller.

Hollycat

Do the trophies for filling the Sphere Grid mean empty nodes as well? If so... Christ. I don't know if I have it in me.

Yep. My Rikku and Wakka have complete sphere grids across the board and I haven't unlock either trophy because I still have blank slates.

XJF

So I'm in need of Speed Spheres. These 99 Sphere Levels area draining me. So I go to fight Kottos to get 40 of them... but I can't find Extract Speed... Apparently I missed it with Tidus in the VERY beginning of the game lol Luckily I had a shit ton of return and ally spheres so I returned Tidus to right next to it, then sent Rikku to Tidus and had her activate it. Scared me for a second.

pariah164

Why 2 playthroughs? Did you miss something or do trophies require a second like how LRFFXIII did?
Trophy spoiler:
There's a trophy for getting an accessory under New Yevon HQ. You can only get that accessory by giving the Awesome Sphere to them, which in turn, screws you out of 100% completion, which is another trophy.

What all does the luck stat effect?

Critical rates? Stealing?

Trophy spoiler:
There's a trophy for getting an accessory under New Yevon HQ. You can only get that accessory by giving the Awesome Sphere to them, which in turn, screws you out of 100% completion, which is another trophy.

Couldn't you just
make two saves? Give those guys the sphere for the trophy, then load your save and continue towards 100%.

Levyne

Banned

It was mentioned that you could get 100% with New Yevon in the re-release (though I'm unsure it's true, I haven't started X-2 or looked at anything regarding it)

didn't the Al Bhed give some trinket to Tidus when he was on the salvage ship, I always thought that was some sort of underwater breathing device.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgGt1sU_4xg&t=7m50s

Top Bottom