• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

Ok then, thanks. I'll try to use as many Luck sphere as I can because it's useful and fill the rest with something else.

Depending on which sphere grid you use, and whether or not you'll be using Break HP Limit, to max stats (without clearing anything under +4) you'll need something around

20 Strength Sphere
55 Luck Sphere with ~448 Fortune Sphere
30 Defense Sphere
27 Magic Sphere
32 Magic Defense Sphere

After this you should have around 80 clear nodes still. Just funnel these into whatever you have extra spheres of.

Hollycat

didn't the Al Bhed give some trinket to Tidus when he was on the salvage ship, I always thought that was some sort of underwater breathing device.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgGt1sU_4xg&t=7m50s

No, he could already breath under water, remember the blitz game and geognasio?

I have no idea why yuna can't breath under water, the canon is all screwy about it, unless we're supposed to believe Tidus and Rikku held their breath for like 20 minutes in the first mission.

And if it's the case of some weird blitball technique, why can Rikku do it? she lives in a desert and doesn't blitz? Unless they're saying somehow Rikku learned to do it for that mission but Yuna couldn't do it with 2 years of practice.

RPGCrazied

How do you get holy waters, and zombie wards? I guess it won't matter. I'm at the save point right before
Yunalesca
. I got close, but the 3rd form it was just to much. If I had zombie wards, it would make this fight easy.

Son Of D

Am I supposed to fill the empty nodes with something in particular? Luck maybe? Or just do whatever I want ?

Whatever you want. Luck is a very tedious stat to increase due to the fact that only Earth Eater drops Fortune Spheres (and only 2 at most) and there's no Extract Luck ability.

That's not to say that you shouldn't raise it though, just that maxing it will be very tedious.

krae_man

I stayed up an extra 1/2 hour last night because that's how long it took for cutscenes to finish so I could save. anyway, got the level 1 sphere grid unlocks. Time for more grinding!

I'll be caught up on my podcasts in a couple days.

Levyne

Banned
Since I assume there are trophies for getting every skill for every character, you could use the 2nd run-through to work on that without just having to grind that out on its own.

OmegaDL50

I swear stat numbers don't matter in Blitzball at times.

I had a character with 15 EN, Ropp try to break through an Nav Guado who had 9 AT.

You'd think 15 - 9 = 6 so that means Ropp would get through to pass the ball to Tidus.

But nope, Nav steals the ball using NO TECHNIQUES.

The numbers are fucked up.

No, he could already breath under water, remember the blitz game and geognasio?

I have no idea why yuna can't breath under water, the canon is all screwy about it, unless we're supposed to believe Tidus and Rikku held their breath for like 20 minutes in the first mission.

And if it's the case of some weird blitball technique, why can Rikku do it? she lives in a desert and doesn't blitz? Unless they're saying somehow Rikku learned to do it for that mission but Yuna couldn't do it with 2 years of practice.

Right after you wash up on the beach of Besaid, if you talk to him, one of the Aurochs will mention that the best blitz players can hold their breath for hours. He'll also mention they all had a contest to see who could hold their breath the longest and Wakka dominated. So, I guess Tidus and Wakka learned how to hold their breath that long for blitz and Rikku for her salvage operations.

I had a character with 15 EN, Ropp try to break through an Nav Guado who had 9 AT.

You'd think 15 - 9 = 6 so that means Ropp would get through to pass the ball to Tidus.

There's a random element added. Attack, block, and catch all vary randomly from 50% to 150% of the base rating. 1.5*9=14.5 rounded up to 15.

Atlantis

How do you get holy waters, and zombie wards? I guess it won't matter. I'm at the save point right before
Yunalesca
. I got close, but the 3rd form it was just to much. If I had zombie wards, it would make this fight easy.

You can steal Candles of Life, which you use to customize Zombieproof, from the undead monks in the Zanarkand Dome.

Be warned though, when you get
Yunalesca's second form down to 0 hp, her third form opens with Mega Death, which kills everyone. Either equip armor that prevents death, or beat the second form with an aeon. She uses MD randomly in her third form as well.

Apart from Mega Death missing on Zombies that people already mentioned, I'd also like to note that she does NOT use Mega-Death randomly. The third form has an attack pattern.

Levyne

Banned

It's 50-150% of the value if I recall.

Atlantis

Thanks! Should make the battle much easier if I don't get zombie'd. Then she will just cure my party cause I don't have zombie status.

A good strategy is to have a party of zombies and a party of non-zombies. Use the non-zombies most of the time and just switch in your zombie party to absorb Mega Death.

The boss can't really kill you outside of Mega Death or Confusion (And the odd Curaga), so once you figure out how to play around it you're in good shape.

Hollycat

You can steal Candles of Life, which you use to customize Zombieproof, from the undead monks in the Zanarkand Dome.

Apart from Mega Death missing on Zombies that people already mentioned, I'd also like to note that she does NOT use Mega-Death randomly. The third form has an attack pattern.

I didn't know that, I killed the third form with OP Wakka and aeons in about 7 moves, so I didn't get to see a pattern

Atlantis

I didn't know that, I killed the third form with OP Wakka and aeons in about 7 moves, so I didn't get to see a pattern

The pattern is five turns long and Mega Death is only used once in it. It's very possible to kill her before she uses Mega Death the second time. (She shouldn't really use it more than twice in a normal playthrough if your characters are built well.)

Aeon Overdrive spam is always an option for an effortless win, as it is for any boss in the storyline.

Hollycat

The pattern is five turns long and Mega Death is only used once in it. It's very possible to kill her before she uses Mega Death the second time. (She shouldn't really use it more than twice in a normal playthrough if your characters are built well.)

Aeon Overdrive spam is always an option for an effortless win, as it is for any boss in the storyline.

It's my go to for
Yunalesca and the third seymour.
because those bosses are more annoying than anything else. I try to do the rest by the book, and if possible I'm going to beat the Dark Aeons and Penance without them. I think I resorted to Aeons for the
Guardian thing on Gagazet
this time too.

Actually, in this playthrough I was saving up Bahamut for an OK on Seymour 3 and missed it because I wasn't using sensor. I actually ended up killing him via mortichasis.

Levyne

Banned
I actually had a close call for the other Gagazet boss. He confused everyone off the bat and team nearly killed each other, even though I was probably overleveled. Should have made someone immune to that :p

OmegaDL50

"Datto has signed a contract for 34 games with the Guado Glories."

What....the...hell...

I know some of you guys hate Blitzball, but when I see stuff like this it's somewhat entertaining to see how the AI can totally disrupt their teams doing this sort stuff,

Finally got around to starting this, lol. Dark Souls II took up too much of my time!

Anyways. The game looks beautiful, but I HATE Tidus and Yuna's new eyes. In the opening scene, Tidus has such dead-eyes when he's staring off at the distance. He either looks high or doesn't give a fuck. :(

OmegaDL50

Well it doesn't matter much anyways. I only have 5 games left in the league to get the Jupiter Sigil.

At this point these other teams can sign whoever they want.

The only team that seems to give me the most trouble is the Killika Beasts ever since they signed Vilucha and Kiyuri. (Which looking at their level 99 stats makes them some of the best characters, Kiyuri making a killer MF, and Vilucha having the second highest shot stat in the game)

Son Of D

"Datto has signed a contract for 34 games with the Guado Glories."

What....the...hell...

I know some of you guys hate Blitzball, but when I see stuff like this it's somewhat entertaining to see how the AI can totally disrupt their teams doing this sort stuff,

One of my saves back on the PS2 had the Luca Goers signing some pretty bad players. Like Keepa for example (if he was a level 99 LF or RF I'd understand since he gets the best SHT stat, but they had him as the goalie).

Levyne

Banned
Have you started X-2 yet? Compare Yuna and Tidus to Rikku in X-2 and you'll realise they weren't trying all that hard on them.

Nope, not yet!

Well I just beat the
Chocobo Eater
, that was surprisingly easier than I remembered :eek: Should I bother going down the Mi'hen Old Road?

Son Of D

Well I just beat the
Chocobo Eater
, that was surprisingly easier than I remembered :eek: Should I bother going down the Mi'hen Old Road?

Yeah. Take a Chocobo and you can use it to grab otherwise inaccessible chests (the feathers on the floor are indicators for where to push X).

Hollycat

There's a crest down there for a Celestial Weapon. Aurons, I believe

I thought you couldn't get that till after
operation Miihen
? I could definitely be wrong though. It's not nearly as long as the first part of the highroad, so if you want the items that are down there, it can't hurt.

Top Bottom