• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Just a reminder, you'll need the Mars Crest on the Old Road to unlock part of Auron's Celestial weapon, his most powerful weapon in the game.

Oh that's exactly the type of things I've wondered, thanks for the info! Can I backtrack to it later or should I do it right away?

OmegaDL50

Oh that's exactly the type of things I've wondered, thanks for the info! Can I backtrack to it later or should I do it right away?

You'll need to back track later because there are some monsters that only appear on the Old Road which you'll need to capture for the Monster Arena.

Although some of the chests require a chocobo to open, however the Mars Crest is not one of those chests.

I mean if you plan to get everyones ultimate weapon eventually you'll need to capture one fiend from 10 different areas (Besaid, Kilika, etc)

You'll need to back track later because there are some monsters that only appear on the Old Road which you'll need to capture for the Monster Arena.

Although some of the chests require a chocobo to open, however the Mars Crest is not one of those chests.

I mean if you plan to get everyones ultimate weapon eventually you'll need to capture one fiend from 10 different areas (Besaid, Kilika, etc)

Hmm alright I will note that, thanks again! I was about to backtrack but Maester Seymour wants me to go further ahead so if I have to go back anyway there's no need to reload a save I guess

Arthea

encounter rate in Lightning's home is brutal, it seems even worse to me than first time playing. It's like you take two steps, and bam! also no encounter is easy. For that reason one of the smallest locations in game feels like largest and endless. Of course I could run from those battles, but damn if it isn't the hassle, and if that wouldn't be enough those stupid lighting bolts fills every other step that is encounter free!
Tried to do some dodging, but without noencounter it's pointless, also I found out that I'm not eager to do it at all!
And that's not all, I stole from every stupid eye flying monster I met (I remember you can make confusion ward or proof not sure which from those items), it prolongs battles even more. And what I get? Not even one! only potions. That's so not fair, so incredibly not fair.
Done with my this game is for lucky bastards rant.
So, if I don't make anti confusion armours there, where is my next chance? if there is any, I can't remember.

I played FFX HD after a 12 year hiatus. Gave up after about 6 hours. I thought X was decent but overrated back in the day, now I can't even force myself to play it.

FFXII on the other hand... I just played IZJS on PCSX2 a couple months ago and loved every minute. That is a game that gets better the second time IMO (especially the IZJS with its huge improvements). There is a lot of subtlety in the story that is easier to appreciate the second time. The writing and voice acting in XII are in a completely different league. It's like comparing He-Man to Lord of the Rings.

THe VA in FF12 is very very good. I think peoples problem with it was the story was poorly paced and the characters lacked development. I believe the original director quit about halfway through the games development which could explain why the pacing gets crappy after rabanastre. You could go 2-4 hour stretches without much story.

pariah164

so I just crossed calm lands and killed the
golem
after it. there are two ways I can go now - which should I choose?
Try going down to the path to the right of the bridge where the golem came from; you can get the Rusty Sword, which is needed for Auron's Celestial Weapon, and also go into the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth for Yojimbo. Just make sure you have around 190000 to 210000 Gil.

I realized the weirdest thing: FFX feels much better than I remembered it to be. I always liked the game but I last played it like 10 years ago. In between the playthroughs my impression, memories (and the internet) made the game feel way more clumsy than it is. It really is such a solid game with a great vision behind it.

Also for whatever reason I remember never liking Wakka too much and the internet made him as a total clown but now that I replay the game the character isn't bad at all outside of the silly look. Bro character really.

Maybe PAL version moonwalk had something to do with all this, who knows.

Hollycat

yeah He sounds different

nope same VA

Also anyone know how much should I give Yojimbo to do zanmato on dark Valefore? I have 700,000 plz dont say all of it :'(

just keep giving him 500 until he does it. might take a few reloads.
There's no garuntee he'll use it, even at 100000 gil.

Auron's weapon is powered up.
I've got a bit of spending cash. Gillionaire + mimics = rich bitch

Now to get the last of those floating eyeballs so I can unlock the one-eye battle and start earning those AP boosting weapons.

against a dark aeon?

I usually get it for cheap but for a DA it will be expensive.

I ran a few easy battles to boost Yojimbo's affinity.
Still cost over 100k to zanmato Dark Valefor. In all fairness that was the second attempt (I tried 50k the first time...didn't work out)

Aurizen

Getting Zanmato depends on a lot of factors. I got it with 2000 gil.

against a dark aeon?

I usually get it for cheap but for a DA it will be expensive.

Auron's weapon is powered up.
I've got a bit of spending cash. Gillionaire + mimics = rich bitch

Now to get the last of those floating eyeballs so I can unlock the one-eye battle and start earning those AP boosting weapons.
mimics rarely show up :(

Can anyone explain how the blitzball leagues/tournaments work? I did one league game and the tournament was unlocked (I got Wakka's Attack Reels). Then I played another league game but the reward for this one is an X-potion. Is there anyway to reset this and is there any advantage to playing an entire league?

Levyne

Banned
Can anyone explain how the blitzball leagues/tournaments work? I did one league game and the tournament was unlocked (I got Wakka's Attack Reels). Then I played another league game but the reward for this one is an X-potion. Is there anyway to reset this and is there any advantage to playing an entire league?

You'd have to reset all of the blitz data in order to reset the league.

OmegaDL50

Ahh, I got all of Wakka's Reels and the Jupiter Sigil to max out his Celestial Weapon.

I am finally done with Blitzball.

Now I can Attack Reels One-Eye's to death to get my AP weapons for the Don Tonberry Trick.

My strategy is simple

Use Banishing Blade with Auron to have all breaks inflicted on the One Eye.

Attack Reels one time with Wakka = 8000 x 12 for 96000 damage
Entrust Tidus Overdrive to Wakka, do Attack Reels again for the win.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I realized the weirdest thing: FFX feels much better than I remembered it to be. I always liked the game but I last played it like 10 years ago. In between the playthroughs my impression, memories (and the internet) made the game feel way more clumsy than it is. It really is such a solid game with a great vision behind it.

Also for whatever reason I remember never liking Wakka too much and the internet made him as a total clown but now that I replay the game the character isn't bad at all outside of the silly look. Bro character really.

Maybe PAL version moonwalk had something to do with all this, who knows.

I have to agree. Sure it's an easy enough game and it's pretty linear, but it didn't feel that way and that's what counts. Sure I go from A to B all the time, but there's a compelling reason and not only that it feels like exploration itself.

The combat is simple as well, but they throw in just enough strategy and variation in how the fights go that they don't feel easy and simple. Beating a hard boss, even when all you needed to do was add zombieward to your gear, feels like a triumph.

It's one of those games that's more than just the sum of it's parts. It feels like they had a vision and never lost sight of what they wanted the game to be.

So it turns out I can't recruit Linna until I defeat Dark Shiva. So now I get to grind a ton before I get to play my favorite minigame of all time.

Since I've never used the Expert Sphere grid.. question.. As Tidus, would you recommend going down into Kimahri's section and getting Extract Ability/Scan? Or just keep going with his own section?

Shiina

Since I've never used the Expert Sphere grid.. question.. As Tidus, would you recommend going down into Kimahri's section and getting Extract Ability/Scan? Or just keep going with his own section?

Kimahri doesn't have much of a section. Keep him in his own path I say. By the time you get to the end of it (Quick Hit) you'll probably be at the end of the game anyway with access to the ship.

pariah164

Some of the facial expressions in this game are just really great.

DScUsJZ.jpg
RyTwtkZ.jpg
GJqUoXF.jpg

And look what I finally got!

Psychic just. Wrecks EVERYTHING.

I guess age has completely destroyed my reaction times because I can't even get 10 lightning dodges in a row. Wonder if it would be easier on the PS3 version.

Balphon

You may want to have everyone get the stuff in the middle and/or steal/use. Lancet is also particularly helpful. Moreover, this would allow to derive more use from the Strength and HP Spheres from the Blitzball tournament and Ochu if you get them.

Haven't read too much of this thread. But X is my favorite FF. Picked up the HD collection and I'm on my way. Its been a long ass time since I've played so it will be close as i can get to a new experience.

The first thing I will note so far is the change in the battle theme. It was like wtf at first to me, how is this better than the og? I'm kinda used to it now though doesn't really bother me.

Can't wait to get to the blitzball. That is my favorite mini game in any rpg. I didn't like it at first, but towards endgame I started to really like it. I think i put as much time into it as I did the main storyline.

Game looks pretty good too me but Yuna For some reason seems a lil off to me. Dunno maybe i just forgot how she used to look because of x-2. I almost feel like booting up my ps 2 version to compare. but probably wont.

Kimahri doesn't have much of a section. Keep him in his own path I say. By the time you get to the end of it (Quick Hit) you'll probably be at the end of the game anyway with access to the ship.

You may want to have everyone get the stuff in the middle and/or steal/use. Lancet is also particularly helpful. Moreover, this would allow to derive more use from the Strength and HP Spheres from the Blitzball tournament and Ochu if you get them.

Thanks. I might pop down there quickly before going on Tidus' main path, we'll see.

---

Wow, Wakka's character model looks crazy good. Very impressive.

Alright, so I got to the third form of Yunalesca and died, and I have to take a break because that battle was already long and the cutscene before it was equally as long and I just don't want to sit through that again...

Wazzy

Banned
Yassssss I beat the first BB match. I just did the first
Aeon vs Aeon battle
and won and now I'm just grinding a bit.

Top Bottom