• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

pariah164

Those Psychic screenshots, hnnngggggh.
9dTALKZ.jpg
Dat victory pose.

RPGCrazied

So I finally get the
Airship
, and trying to get
Anima
, but in the
baaj temple
the yellow sphere at the bottom left? Won't light. I thought I got all the destruction spheres. Hmm.

So I finally get the
Airship
, and trying to get
Anima
, but in the
baaj temple
the yellow sphere at the bottom left? Won't light. I thought I got all the destruction spheres. Hmm.

Did you get the one in
Zanarkand?

Also spoiler tags on a decade old game

Mr. RHC

Right on, that's the kind of reasoning I expect from the characters:

Auron be like: Fuck Yevon!

haha, and everybody else: Sir Auron!!! Outrageous, Auron the troublemaker!!! Auron U Mad??

jamsy

So I'm playing blitzball against the Luga Goers and am geting my ass kicked...this thing is horrible. Should I bother with blitzball at all? Or am I gonna be missing out on key items/cutscenes/etc?

Flandy

I wonder if this thread will turn into an X-2 thread within a week when everyone is done with X. I wonder if the thread will die a week after that :lol

ubercheez

So I'm playing blitzball against the Luga Goers and am geting my ass kicked...this thing is horrible. Should I bother with blitzball at all? Or am I gonna be missing out on key items/cutscenes/etc?

Don't stress over the mandatory first game. You won't miss anything important by losing it.

ramyeon

Just being fair, I've seen a few first time players in this thread. And no, I didn't get it from Zanarkand, but I don't see anymore spheres. Just the elevator to go down.
You need to complete the new floor puzzle that's unlocked after getting the airship. Look at the screen in the first room.

This is the only sphere you actually have to revisit a temple for, can't get it first time round.

damaph

I replayed that game like 5 times before I won and the only thing I got was a MP sphere. I wouldn't waste your time.

Mr. RHC

That was pretty effective:

The scene in the desert when Tidus is alone and that huge bird boss appears. I literally was like "Woahhh" and Tidus was like "Woahh", of course Auron and Lulu to help out.

Wazzy

Banned

You get a trophy for doing it but otherwise it's not a big deal.

OmegaDL50

Any tips on winning the first blitz ball match? I just can't score. Keep on getting to overtime and then losing.

First of all, did you do the Jecht Shot mini game on the S.S Winno on your way to Luca?

If so, good...if not...well this will be harder without it.

The very first thing you want to do in Blitzball is hit the triangle button when the match starts and set the controls to Manual.

Once you get your hands on the ball, don't even worry about scoring right away. Instead spend that time to pass the ball around to your team mates. Letty being your mid-fielder usually grabs the ball during the blitz-off,

Have Letty pass the ball to Jassu, and Jassu pass it to Tidus, and Tidus back to Jassu, and back to Letty, etc while avoiding the other team.

See your players get experience based on actions. So if you burn the clock passing the ball around, the Goers don't get the ball, and your team is gaining exp for doing stuff.

Once Tidus is level 3, he'll be able to equip ether the Sphere Shot or if you got it the much preferable Jecht Shot.

At Half time you can equip the Jecht Shot. At the point you want to get the ball to Tidus.

The Jecht Shot has a special property in that ignores TWO defenders without losing shot power. So you can effectively have two people blocking Tidus at the Goal, use the Jecht Shot and ignore the two defenders completely without needing to Break through them and usually more often then not score.

This is the simplest method to get a goal on the first Blitzball match in the game.

OmegaDL50

When can you start recruiting for Blitzball? I thought it was after you leave Luca for the first time.

It is. You hit the Save point after leaving Luca and it gets upgraded. To Scout a new player, you talk to them with the Square button to see if they can be recruited.

ubercheez

Any tips on winning the first blitz ball match? I just can't score. Keep on getting to overtime and then losing.

During the first half, pass the ball around a bunch between Tidus, Letty, and Jassu while trying not to let any of the Goers challenge them for possession. Make sure Tidus touches the ball a few times so he'll level up to 3 at halftime. Equip Jecht shot at halftime, use it around 2:00 into the second half and play keepaway for the rest of it.

If the Goers score on you, wait until Wakka's in, get the ball to Jassu and move forward with him, hugging the left boundary until the defender comes at you. Pass to Wakka just before the defender gets within engaging distance. With a little luck, Wakka will also be outside engaging distance and you can get a clear Venom Shot.

First of all, did you do the Jecht Shot mini game on the S.S Winno on your way to Luca?

If so, good...if not...well this will be harder without it.

The very first thing you want to do in Blitzball is hit the triangle button when the match starts and set the controls to Manual.

Once you get your hands on the ball, don't even worry about scoring right away. Instead spend that time to pass the ball around to your team mates. Letty being your mid-fielder usually grabs the ball during the blitz-off,

Have Letty pass the ball to Jassu, and Jassu pass it to Tidus, and Tidus back to Jassu, and back to Letty, etc while avoiding the other team.

See your players get experience based on actions. So if you burn the clock passing the ball around, the Goers don't get the ball, and your team is gaining exp for doing stuff.

Once Tidus is level 3, he'll be able to equip ether the Sphere Shot or if you got it the much preferable Jecht Shot.

At Half time you can equip the Jecht Shot. At the point you want to get the ball to Tidus.

The Jecht Shot has a special property in that ignores TWO defenders without losing shot power. So you can effectively have two people blocking Tidus at the Goal, use the Jecht Shot and ignore the two defenders completely without needing to Break through them and usually more often then not score.

This is the simplest method to get a goal on the first Blitzball match in the game.
wtf I didn't know the jecht shot did that!

I thought it just gave it more shoot boost. I was in the perfect opportunity for that too but I thought I could make it because of 2 defenders. Game doesn't explain shit.

marrec

Banned
Boy did I get lucky, got a Distill Ability sword for Auron on the Highroad. Makes it real easy to stay in ability spheres.

HeelPower

FFX is a much better game but that's kind of a stretch. VA is top notch across the board in the XIII games, really fitting of the characters.

Not for me personally. I don't like how they sound like English anime dubs. In FFX it sounds different.I guess you could attribute it to the voice direction in general.

In LR I didn't like voices much outside of Lightning herself.

XIII-1 obviously had great voices and cutscenes for the most part,but the sequels not so much.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone else give Yuna ara/aga black mage spells? I also gave Lulu ara/aga white mage spells.

Yeah I do, it's pretty easy on the expert grid. The black and white mage paths are pretty much just twisting around each other. My Lulu actually has Life while Yuna doesn't!

Not for me personally. I don't like how they sound like English anime dubs. In FFX it sounds different.I guess you could attribute it to the voice direction in general.

In LR I didn't like voices much outside of Lightning herself.

XIII-1 obviously had great voices and cutscenes for the most part,but the sequels not so much.

FFX's voice actors: good, well suited to the characters but not lip synced and the delivery and writing is heavily butchered to make up for audio restrictions.
FFXIII's voice actors: not as good or suited but actually has properly syncing and timing so it appears more natural.

Son Of D

Anyone else give Yuna ara/aga black mage spells? I also gave Lulu ara/aga white mage spells.

I wanted to, but after seeing how much better Yuna's magic stat was than Lulu's it would make Lulu a bit redundant.

Also, for those having trouble with the Remiem 5 Chests Chocobo Race trophy, I got it even though I hit a pole by mistake with 5 chests. Not sure if that's known. You don't get the 60 Three Stars though.

Holykael1

Banned
So I played a few hours of this(A friend of my bought a copy and asked me to ship it to my adress). I don't like the new Yuna model, she looks weird:
10148998_680069778698419_1558336130_o.jpg

Aside that, the game looks drop dead gorgeous.. I wonder how it looks on vita. I dig most of the remastered tracks aswell. Seymours battle theme is a big highlight, apart from the initial removed chorus.
Can't wait to buy a copy myself in a couple of days and play the heck out of it.
Edit : I don't know how to make the pic small and clickable to enlarge sorry xD(and sorry for the shoddily put together pic in general, I have mad paint skillz).

HeelPower

FFX's voice actors: good, well suited to the characters but not lip synced and the delivery and writing is heavily butchered to make up for audio restrictions.
FFXIII's voice actors: not as good or suited but actually has properly syncing and timing so it appears more natural.

I think the dialogue and writing are a lot better in X.I get what you mean though.There are technical limitations and I know many people don't like it.
It also takes 4250 per turn from those big four-armed-bigfoot things in Gagazet.

I'll keep that in mind.Gotta exploit that massive damage lol

Manu

So I played a few hours of this(A friend of my bought a copy and asked me to ship it to my adress). I don't like the new Yuna model, she looks weird:

Other than the expressionless eyes, I like the new model better. The old model looked totally different than the cutscene model, now they look the same.

Funnily, new Tidus looks even more different to cutscene Tidus than before.

Aurizen

I'm using the margus sisters and they are not that great, the fat one is lazy and she never does anything but autolife or reflect, the skinny one and the little girl are fine, but they take too much breaks!! This never happened in the PS2 version.

Top Bottom