• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Hollycat

You guys are fast

I wasn't asking about that and I already know to get it before leaving :p

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know

There's a big difference between "you can" and "you have to" :p

I was more responding to your concern about the Dark Aeon possibly blocking it. You can literally get on the airship, get off and go right back into the temple to do it.

That's just for the trophy, right?

You have to do the 100 consecutively much later in the game to unlock part of Lulu's ultimate weapon, right?

Xenex

Well he has 800,000 HP and he's the weakest of the bunch.

There is a sure fire way to kill Dark Valefor in a single attack.

However it requires Wakka to have his maxed out Celestial Weapon and very high STR.

He needs to do at least 67000 per hit of damage for Attack Reels. Auto-Haste is also recommended.

Just consider this 67000 x 12 = 804,000. So if you can eventually get Wakka powered up big time and has a weapon of Break Damage Limit with his Overdrive gauge full, Dark Valefor doesn't pose any sort of issue.

There is also a super strong boosted Yuna with a strong
Anima
which Overdrive hits 16 times..So if you boost her Aeon, that is an alternative for Wakka's Attack Reels.

Or the last alternative being Yojimbo and paying him in the hopes he uses Zanmato.

Any of these three methods are likely to be the quickest.

Thanks for the tip, I'll go with the first suggestion, as I forgot the destruction sphere thus no Anima and I don't want to use Yojimbo.

HeelPower

has anyone ever reliably used aeons-only to beat the end game bosses ?

I am very interested in probably using aeons instead of the party to take out the end game bosses (both coliseum and dark aeons)

If someone can link me to some strats or leveling up guides on how to do that ? i am sure its very grinding heavy as aeons stop leveling up with yuna at a certain threshold IIRC.

Edit : Is there anyway to perfectly manipulate the magus sisters for example ?

You know, I'm not sure why I didn't notice this before but...

This is a design concept of the Cloverfield Monster, you know from that movie "Cloverfield"

This may be a spoiler, but does this thing look awfully familiar to you

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Cloverfield_monster.png

I mean compared to this - http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130929031201/finalfantasy/images/f/fa/Left_Fin-enemy-ffx.png

quite similar indeed.

pariah164

Arg. The RNG in this game hates me. Trying to snag the 100,000 Gil data clue in Guadosalem in Chapter 2. Been trying for half an hour.

EDIT: 2 tries later, and there it is. GAF is magic.

Can I just express my hatred of that Catcher Chocobo race? Getting that Sun Sigil was a nightmare.

Worst part is that I still have to do butterflies and lightning bolts.

Haha. When I got that sigil I popped off like I just won EVO.

Craziest part is I wasn't nearly as excited when I got the sigil 10+ years ago when FFX first came out.
I think I just did a little fist pump "yay"

I'm at Guadosalam trying to recruit Zazi Guado for Blitzball. His contract expires in 1 game. But they keep renewing him! I reload, play another game, his contract expires, and they pick him up again! I swear I did this on the PS2 version and it only took 1-2 tries before they let him expire and I snatched up. But I've done it 6 times now! Driving me crazy.

Roto13

I don't like the Dark Aeons. I don't want to fight them (and I especially don't want to grind enough to attempt them) so they just get in the way and prevent me from reaching spots I used to be able to reach in the PS2 version.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't like the Dark Aeons. I don't want to fight them (and I especially don't want to grind enough to attempt them) so they just get in the way and prevent me from reaching spots I used to be able to reach in the PS2 version.

Then just Yojimbo them? Dark Aeons barely block anything, just Besaid, Macalania Temple and the Sun Sigil. And that's only if you missed the things that were there in the first place.

Jacobbles

Since this time yesterday I've:

• Beat the Catcher Chocobo race with a perfect score
  • Finished up Blitzball and won Wakka's sigil
  • Dodged 200 bolts
  • Done all the butterfly catching

Talk about productivity, ha.

Now to catch monsters... I have to get 10 of EVERY kind to get Nemesis, right?

XJF

That was pretty effective:

The scene in the desert when Tidus is alone and that huge bird boss appears. I literally was like "Woahhh" and Tidus was like "Woahh", of course Auron and Lulu to help out.

I beat this "boss" before Auron and Lulu even showed up lol

Now to catch monsters... I have to get 10 of EVERY kind to get Nemesis, right?
Yes, but you ALSO have to beat ALL the fiends in the Area Conquest, Species Conquest, and Original Creations at least one time each before Nemesis will be available to fight.

OmegaDL50

Just unlocked Don Tonberry. Now I need to get materials to make some grinding weapons.

To make things easier and speed things along for you.

Kill 5 of every Eyeball type monster. This will unlock One-Eye in the Monster Arena. Killing One-Eye he will drop weapons with Triple AP and one to two free slots on them.

He's fairly weak for Creature Conquest, he only has 150,000 HP, so Wakka's Attack Reels followed by Blitz Ace from Tidus should kill it.

Next is to kill one of each enemy for 6 different areas (go back to begining areas like Besaid and Killa, etc to make this easier) this will unlock Catastrophe, which isn't important. The important thing is you get 99 Door to Tomorrow's for doing this.

10 Door to Tomorrow = Overdrive > AP

Basically you want to take your Triple AP Weapons and slap Overdrive to AP on them. What this does is converts your Overdrive gain into AP, meaning more Sphere Levels.

These are the tools you'll need to do the Don Tonberry trick.

If you capture all of the monsters from all of the areas, you will get 99 Winning Formula.

30 Winning Formula = Triple Overdrive.

Triple Overdrive combined with Triple AP, and Overdrive to AP means you get NINE TIMES the amount of AP gain.

With this you can get 99 Sphere levels 5 minutes for the Don Tonberry trick,

XJF

went to correct you on the "SIX TIMES" thing but you already fixed it lol

Yuna doing 99999 physical damage always makes me smile.

I feel like I'm gooing to spend 9 hours just Activating nodes on the SG. I'm all for making people work for their platinum trophy, but damn...

Flandy

To make things easier and speed things along for you.

Kill 5 of every Eyeball type monster. This will unlock One-Eye in the Monster Arena. Killing One-Eye he will drop weapons with Triple AP and one to two free slots on them.

He's fairly weak for Creature Conquest, he only has 150,000 HP, so Wakka's Attack Reels followed by Blitz Ace from Tidus should kill it.

Next is to kill one of each enemy for 6 different areas (go back to begining areas like Besaid and Killa, etc to make this easier) this will unlock Catastrophe, which isn't important. The important thing is you get 99 Door to Tomorrow's for doing this.

10 Door to Tomorrow = Overdrive > AP

Basically you want to take your Triple AP Weapons and slap Overdrive to AP on them. What this does is converts your Overdrive gain into AP, meaning more Sphere Levels.

These are the tools you'll need to do the Don Tonberry trick.

If you capture all of the monsters from all of the areas, you will get 99 Winning Formula.

30 Winning Formula = Triple Overdrive.

Triple Overdrive combined with Triple AP, and Overdrive to AP means you get NINE TIMES the amount of AP gain.

With this you can get 99 Sphere levels 5 minutes for the Don Tonberry trick,

I JUST barely unlocked the
Airship
and now I want to do this D:

What should I do now? I've collected 1 of each monster in the clam lands, got Yojimbo, and did Chocobo racing (Going to get Tidus celestial weapon when I go play some more)

Oddspeak

One thing's for sure. If there's a X-3, I hope to God Chuami isn't a major character. I would not be able to stand her for 30+ hours.

XJF

Ribbon is a good ability, but it's not worth it. Dark Matters are too hard to get.

Well i got the 99 for TIdus for unlock Ultima Buster. Almost to 99 again from farming stat spheres in Arena. ALL monster in Species Conquest, Area Conquest, and Original drop Dark Matters as rare drops. Not that bad. But I'm only putting it on 2 characters. Just to be safe

OmegaDL50

I JUST barely unlocked the
Airship
and now I want to do this D:

What should I do now? I've collected 1 of each monster in the clam lands, got Yojimbo, and did Chocobo racing (Going to get Tidus celestial weapon when I go play some more)

To unlock Don Tonberry, you'll need to capture one of every monster the The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.

If you don't have Wakka's Attack Reels, I'd highly recommend it. Outside of Anima's Overdrive it is the most powerful attack in the game. Basically just need Wakka to participate in at least 300 battles since the beginning of the game (which you probably already did)

This will have a Blitzball tournament with the prize of Attack Reels available. If you you get a tournament that has the wrong prize, just quit, load up the menu, and repeat until the prize changes. If you are lucky you'll only need to play 3 matches for getting seeded, the worst case scenario 5 matches. Also winning a Blitz tournament is the prerequisite for getting Wakka's ultimate weapon, so you will be killing two birds with one stone, getting both Attack Reels and requirements to get his best weapon in one go.

Attack Reels is insanely overpowered and makes most of the end game extremely trivial. I mean we are talking 12 hits with max of 99,999 each with a buffed up Wakka.

That's almost 1,200,000 damage...more then enough to completely one shot some of the optional bosses in the game.

Aeana

Finished up 10 this evening, rewatched Eternal Calm, and dove right into FF10-2.
I really think that had people actually been given the opportunity to see the Eternal Calm stuff back when 10-2 was coming out, they may have responded a little differently to the game. It's a much gentler segue into the events in FF10-2, and it gives important background information about what's going on in Spira at that time, so you aren't met with such a shock that apparently turned so many people off.

I've only played for about 30 minutes and I already have this huge grin on my face. I love this game so much.

Yeah... coming back to this. Seriously about to trade in that mess of a game Dark Souls 2. Probably still going to skip the side quests for the weapons but will enjoy doing everything else. At least this game does not lock out button presses because its constantly trying to load and save at the same time...

Levyne

Banned
Finished up 10 this evening, rewatched Eternal Calm, and dove right into FF10-2.
I really think that had people actually been given the opportunity to see the Eternal Calm stuff back when 10-2 was coming out, they may have responded a little differently to the game. It's a much gentler segue into the events in FF10-2, and it gives important background information about what's going on in Spira at that time, so you aren't met with such a shock that apparently turned so many people off.

I've only played for about 30 minutes and I already have this huge grin on my face. I love this game so much.

I somehow have never managed to watch Eternal Calm. As soon as I get the X platinum!

Also looking forward to getting back into X-2 after that, though I am probably going to play a buffer game inbetween just to not burn out on so much Spira all at once :)

And then the audio drama

Flandy

To unlock Don Tonberry, you'll need to capture one of every monster the The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.

If you don't have Wakka's Attack Reels, I'd highly recommend it. Outside of Anima's Overdrive it is the most powerful attack in the game. Basically just need Wakka to participate in at least 300 battles since the beginning of the game (which you probably already did)

This will have a Blitzball tournament with the prize of Attack Reels available. If you you get a tournament that has the wrong prize, just quit, load up the menu, and repeat until the prize changes. If you are lucky you'll only need to play 3 matches for getting seeded, the worst case scenario 5 matches. Also winning a Blitz tournament is the prerequisite for getting Wakka's ultimate weapon, so you will be killing two birds with one stone, getting both Attack Reels and requirements to get his best weapon in one go.

Attack Reels is insanely overpowered and makes most of the end game extremely trivial. I mean we are talking 12 hits with max of 99,999 each with a buffed up Wakka.

That's almost 1,200,000 damage...more then enough to completely one shot some of the optional bosses in the game.

Hrmm. Think I'll go back to Zanerkand to get the destruction sphere so I can go get Anima. After that I'll go to the celestial weapons I suppose. What's the easiest way to get a no encounter armor/sword. Will make Lightning and Butterflies a lot more bearable

OmegaDL50

Each hit of Passado has a damage constant of 2, or 12.5% of a regular attack. Against high Defense, it will definitely be doing around 12,000 per hit.

However if Yuna has 255 Luck which is a very annoying chore that is one way to simply "brute force" Passado to have near constant critical hit ratio.

Levyne

Banned
Hrmm. Think I'll go back to Zanerkand to get the destruction sphere so I can go get Anima. After that I'll go to the celestial weapons I suppose. What's the easiest way to get a no encounter armor/sword. Will make Lightning and Butterflies a lot more bearable

The boss back at Baaj Temple. (You may need to punch in a code or a coordinate, I forget)

Evade and Counter > him if you're not very strong yet..

You'll have to watch it prior to your FFX Platinum since there's a Silver Trophy in X linked to watching Eternal Calm.

Well, as soon as I line it up so that watching Eternal Calm will be the last thing I need for platinum then :)

Aeana

I somehow have never managed to watch Eternal Calm. As soon as I get the X platinum!

Also looking forward to getting back into X-2 after that, though I am probably going to play a buffer game inbetween just to not burn out on so much Spira all at once :)

And then the audio drama
I listened to about half of the audio drama. It just got worse and worse as time went on, and when Yuna said
"I've fallen in love with someone else" to Tidus
I just turned my Vita off. I don't understand what their goal was with this, but it sure did make me unhappy.

Levyne

Banned
I listened to about half of the audio drama. It just got worse and worse as time went on, and when Yuna said
I just turned my Vita off. I don't understand what their goal was with this, but it sure did make me unhappy.

Bummer :( I've heard nothing but bad things.

Gods. Heading back to Besaid to get the Jecht sphere wish me luck *sigh*

Good luck!

Flandy

The boss back at Baaj Temple. (You may need to punch in a code or a coordinate, I forget)

Evade and Counter > him if you're not very strong yet..

Well, as soon as I line it up so that watching Eternal Calm will be the last thing I need for platinum then :)
I'm pretty much at the end of every characters grid (other than Kimarahi lol). Is that good enough? And Crap! I forgot I need to fight that guy to get Anima D: Does he always drop a no encounter armor or is there a chance I won't get it?

Gods. Heading back to Besaid to get the Jecht sphere wish me luck *sigh*
Are you backtracking or is this post
airship
?

XJF

why are people sweating Dark Valefor? He only has 800,000 life. Not summong and only using quick hit with Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku, he never got a turn...

Now that I actually want to fight a mimic, the little bastards won't show up lol typical.

Did I read that Agility is technically maxed at 170 in terms of effectiveness?

I'm pretty much at the end of every characters grid (other than Kimarahi lol). Is that good enough? And Crap! I forgot I need to fight that guy to get Anima D: Does he always drop a no encounter armor or is there a chance I won't get it?
I know it's a chance, I believe someone said the statistic is 50/50 for this particular encounter

Oddspeak

It really is pretty damn terrible. What was Nojima thinking. Hopefully he isn't writing like this for XV.

Atlantis

Ah, guess I'll still do 255 then, it's whatever lol All my peeps have Auto-Haste anyway.

IIRC, you're able to use First Strike with 170 Agility and switch to a normal weapon (Or just change characters) and it's the same as having 255 Agility. You're not losing turns by having to switch weapons.

XJF

IIRC, you're able to use First Strike with 170 Agility and switch to a normal weapon (Or just change characters) and it's the same as having 255 Agility. You're not losing turns by having to switch weapons.

Ehhhh I'll just go with 255 agi. I'm on standard and I have to fill up all the nodes anyway.
I swear the game knows I need Gil, 20 minutes in the Ruins and not a single Mimic. This is bullshit!

Loke13

Are you backtracking or is this post
airship
?
I'm backtracking. Figured I'd do it before the Aeons show up.

OmegaDL50

Ehhhh I'll just go with 255 agi. I'm on standard and I have to fill up all the nodes anyway.
I swear the game knows I need Gil, 20 minutes in the Ruins and not a single Mimic. This is bullshit!

You can always kill One Eye over and over and sell the weapons and armors he drops.

You can sell the weapons for 20000 to 60000 gil a piece..

Of course it's not as quick as the 100,000 you'd get from the Mimic but it's a decent alternative.

I just managed to dodge
lightning bolts! I'm not even joking!

Thank god I managed to get 200 on my next attempt or I may have hung myself.

XJF

You can always kill One Eye over and over and sell the weapons and armors he drops.

You can sell the weapons for 20000 to 60000 gil a piece..

Of course it's not as quick as the 100,000 you'd get from the Mimic but it's a decent alternative.

that's wHAT i was doing prior to trying the Mimics. It seems killing One-Eye was working better for me. Can't get Mimic's to appear as often as they were when iI was monster hunting..
Only problem is some of the crappier armor only sells for like 2,500. Not even making back my initial 8,000 battle cost on those ones.

Top Bottom