• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Jacobbles

So what's the quickest way to get spheres to fill in the empty nodes on the grid?

I'm not looking necessarily to stat max, I'm kinda just after the Platinum, to be honest.

I'm assuming that taking everyone around the grid with all nodes filled in will make them all powerful enough to beat Penance/Nemesis. At least, I hope so.

OmegaDL50

So what's the quickest way to get spheres to fill in the empty nodes on the grid?

I'm not looking necessarily to stat max, I'm kinda just after the Platinum, to be honest.

I'm assuming that taking everyone around the grid with all nodes filled in will make them all powerful enough to beat Penance/Nemesis. At least, I hope so.

Monsters from the Arena.

For example One Eye drops Mag. Def Spheres.

You can get a useful list of who drops what from this list below

http://delphster.net/ffx/?search=sphere&submit=Search

I listened to about half of the audio drama. It just got worse and worse as time went on, and when Yuna said
"I've fallen in love with someone else" to Tidus
I just turned my Vita off. I don't understand what their goal was with this, but it sure did make me unhappy.

WTF NOOOOOOOOO!!! Vader.jpg

The translation was actually real? WTF!

If FFX-3 ever happens, that was not canon. It better not be or shit will go down.

In other news I'm in Macalania woods and am waiting on a Lock lvl 2 so I can level up Tidus like crazy.

Yeesh just fucked up lightning dodging at 182 and then 150 the second time. The second time was more fatigue than anything though, I was losing focus on the screen haha. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Flandy

why are people sweating Dark Valefor? He only has 800,000 life. Not summong and only using quick hit with Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku, he never got a turn...

Now that I actually want to fight a mimic, the little bastards won't show up lol typical.

Did I read that Agility is technically maxed at 170 in terms of effectiveness?

I know it's a chance, I believe someone said the statistic is 50/50 for this particular encounter

Just killed it. Got a reflect bracer instead :( Time to try the fight again :\

edit: killed it again. Got it this time :D

Mr. RHC

Finally getting into this, and I just arrived at Besaid.

Look Toriyama, ITS A FUCKING HD TOWN!

I.. can't resist...

Palumpolum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Kcarzis_Q

Just look how fucking liveless this fucking city is, the build up everything, even the fucking crystarium, no fucking noticable NPC, nothing, damn it! Just Hope muttering incomprehensible shit every now and then, damn what a piece of shit actually wtf were you thinking Square Enix?

Look at Final Fantasy X and learn how it is fucking done again!

Mr. RHC

Finally getting into this, and I just arrived at Besaid.

Look Toriyama, ITS A FUCKING HD TOWN!

Besaid is like 3 tents. It barely qualifies as a settlement.

Just wait and see his reaction when he gets to Luca!

His mind:
tumblr_mc3on7Phdm1rjpxgso1_250.gif

Conan-san

Operation Mihen
was a complete failure.... Makes me sad for all the Chocobos and members of the crusaders that died. Wonder if it was part of Seymour's plan to weaken Spira.

I was always of the opinion that was a
Yevon
plot, as opposed to
Seymour, specifically
to
punt any idea of using technology to deal with Sin.

Because, yaknow, after a point, we just make a Gypsy Danger and deal with the rampaging fuckbeast.

Chocobo race almost broke me GAF. I don't usually rage when playing videogames, but goddam I somehow got 1.2 seconds on my 4th try, then spent an hour getting my ass kicked by those birds. Like what's with them sometimes hovering for a second until you recover so they can smack you again? Why are the controls so shitty? What's with the invisible walls that trap you and get you barraged by birds? I don't remember it being this hard..

Eventually I found myself questioning my sanity. Is the sun sigil worth this pain and frustration? Maybe I should just make a beastly Excalibur and quit tormenting myself. Is this really worth shaving a few years off my lifespan from the stress I'm causing myself? Am I going to have nightmares of crazy suicidal birds smashing into my face all night?

Well not anymore. I grabbed those balloons, dodged those fuckin birds, and somehow dragged my chocobo's ass to the finish with a perfect score. I wasn't even happy when I got it, my reaction was more like "wow I'm surprised I didn't get smacked by 3 birds at the finish line this time" Welp, in any case, now I can go hunt down some Tonberrys

Flandy

I like to imagine that everyone actually lives on the other side of the Island and that the tents near the temple or only there because the temple is there

Just wait and see his reaction when he gets to Luca!

His mind:
tumblr_mc3on7Phdm1rjpxgso1_250.gif
I played FFX when it first came out, didn't quite get all the way through but was close to the end. I'm just reminded of how bad the XIII environments are in comparison and this HD rework just goes to show that upping the resolution is no excuse for not having functional towns and such.

And to think that I found THIS game linear in my first playthrough due to a lack of overworld.

OmegaDL50

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Does anyone know the stat maximums for the Expert Sphere Grid for all of the default nodes, not including any blanks filled.

The reason why I ask is so I know the exact amount of STR, MAG, etc spheres that is needed before I start randomly filling in these empty spaces. I'm trying to go for uniform max stats using the minimum of sphere grinding necessary.

Arthea

First Strike. Always.

Auron's celestial weapon has it, and is one of the easier ones to get. Get on it.

don't we encounter malboros long before we can get any celestial weapons, or first strike? I remember that being the case, that's why I tried to make me at least one armour with confusion proof, having no luck with it :(

ZeroX03

Banned
don't we encounter malboros long before we can get any celestial weapons, or first strike? I remember that being the case, that's why I tried to make me at least one armour with confusion proof, having no luck with it :(

You can buy a First Strike weapon for Tidus (who also has Flee, coincidentally) when you first arrive to Macalania.

Put in a bit of work and got most of my party AP boosting weapons. Granted I only average 20 sphere levels per Tonberry fight but that's without triple overdrive.

Doesn't seem to matter much in the monster arena. Everyone has an insta-death counterattack(evade? defense? hp? what are those silly things?). Probably doesn't help that I'm too afraid/bored of blitzball to make Wakka worth a damn.

Hell I should just go ahead and beat the game. Tidus is strong enough to solo the rest of the story.

Kattbuss

Couple of survey questions for you, gaf.

How many of you are playing this for the first time? What are your impressions? Surprisingly, I'm enjoying this more than I did 10 years ago. Maybe it's years of the internet telling me how whiny Tidus was, but I'm really liking him as a main character. There were also quite a few scenes I just didn't appreciate back then like I can now.

For those of you who played X and not X-2, will you be giving it a try? It's such a fun, fast-paced title that adds closure to a lot of little things from X. I implore you give it more than 30min to dig into the battle system. Hopefully, we're all past the "eww charlie's angels" phase by now. =)

I played FFX when it first came out here in Europe. It's great playing it again!
However, back when it came out, I never finished X-2. The story didn't appeal to me due to the change in tone from X so I only played 10 hours or so. After playing IV-X, this was the first Final Fantasy that, to me, didn't really feel like a Final Fantasy game with the quality I'd expect. I will be giving it a try this time and hope that ~10 years have made me more forgiving.

Shiina

About O'aku, do I give him 1001 total, or each time? Already gave him 1001 Gil the first time I met him.

I think it's about the total you give him and the cut offs are 1 gil, 101 gil, 1001 gil and 10001 gil. So unless you give him 9000 gil the next time you see him it won't make any difference.

Jubern

Had a very, veeeeeeeryyy slow day at work and burned through my entire battery playing this, I didn't expect having that much free time and was playing with max brightness and some sound... The sucker cut in the middle of the (HEAVY SPOILERS)
scene where they reveal Yuna is going to die
, fuck me.

Dinjooh

Ahhhh, it feels so good being back with this game. After FFXIII and their Crystarium-shenanigans it feels so good to be back home with the Sphere Grid.

Just thinking about the sphere grid makes me rock hard.

Shahed

Was I the only person who didn't mind the audio drama? And thought Chuami was fine? She doesn't know the playable characters so therefore decided not to believe in them just because. The drama does start off pretty boring, but I thought it was fine once you met Yuna.

Then again I'm also of the opinion the whole narrative side of things became a joke upon FFX-2, so it's not as if they could make the story and characters much worse

Holykael1

Banned
Was I the only person who didn't mind the audio drama? And thought Chuami was fine? She doesn't know the playable characters so therefore decised not to believe in them just because. The drama does start off pretty boring, but I thought it was fine once you met Yuna.

Then again I'm also of the opinion the whole narrative side of things became a joke upon FFX-2, so it's not as if they could make the story and characters much worse

I never played X-2 because I hated the idea of ruining the perfect ending FFX had...
With this hd remaster im saying fuck it and Im going to play it, not going to take the story seriously at all, as far as Im concerned it ended in ff x. I might aswell enjoy the good things the game has to offer like the gameplay.

So the same could be said for that audio drama.

Shahed

I never played X-2 because I hated the idea of ruining the perfect ending FFX had...
With this hd remaster im saying fuck it and Im going to play it, not going to take the story seriously at all, as far as Im concerned it ended in ff x. I might aswell enjoy the good things the game has to offer like the gameplay.

I guess that makes sense. My sisters who really like both games didn't like the short. In fact they got annoyed at the same spot Aeana did earlier. I can understand peoples dislike for something that seemingly ruins a piece of work they might treasure.

The battle system in FFX-2 is in some way my favourite in the series. But by and large the rest of the game ruined what I liked about FFX already so the audio drama couldn't really do anything to upset me. In fact I thought it was decent

Xenex

To make things easier and speed things along for you.

Kill 5 of every Eyeball type monster. This will unlock One-Eye in the Monster Arena. Killing One-Eye he will drop weapons with Triple AP and one to two free slots on them.

He's fairly weak for Creature Conquest, he only has 150,000 HP, so Wakka's Attack Reels followed by Blitz Ace from Tidus should kill it.

Next is to kill one of each enemy for 6 different areas (go back to begining areas like Besaid and Killa, etc to make this easier) this will unlock Catastrophe, which isn't important. The important thing is you get 99 Door to Tomorrow's for doing this.

10 Door to Tomorrow = Overdrive > AP

Basically you want to take your Triple AP Weapons and slap Overdrive to AP on them. What this does is converts your Overdrive gain into AP, meaning more Sphere Levels.

These are the tools you'll need to do the Don Tonberry trick.

If you capture all of the monsters from all of the areas, you will get 99 Winning Formula.

30 Winning Formula = Triple Overdrive.

Triple Overdrive combined with Triple AP, and Overdrive to AP means you get NINE TIMES the amount of AP gain.

With this you can get 99 Sphere levels 5 minutes for the Don Tonberry trick,

Is there any way to get enough material to get weapons with these abilities for the whole party?

Conan-san

Don't get 100% in FFX-2, Murder (Tales of Symphonia)
Zelos
and you can save both Spira and Aselia from the fate of awful endings. (The second one because it makes Dawn of the New World non cannon, sorry dood, but you gotta die (and we gotta get
Kratos
back).

Carbonox

I hated X-2 because of its story, though the gameplay was superb. Willing to give it a proper shot again after I'm done with FFX HD. Why not, eh? My opinion may have changed now since it's been yeaaaaars since I last played X-2. X will always be my GOAT though.

Falk

that puzzling face
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Does anyone know the stat maximums for the Expert Sphere Grid for all of the default nodes, not including any blanks filled.

The reason why I ask is so I know the exact amount of STR, MAG, etc spheres that is needed before I start randomly filling in these empty spaces. I'm trying to go for uniform max stats using the minimum of sphere grinding necessary.

I honestly think you'd spend less time with un-optimal amounts (overshooting the amount you need and stuff) compared to having to make everyone go on a round trip activating everything (sphere grid travel time makes me want to punch people), even if it means going through 5 extra repetitions for 10 extra spheres*. You have so many extra spots that it doesn't really matter, unless for some reason you're aiming for 99,999 hp as well. (And even then it's arguably faster to spam stuff first to cap everything else THEN work out what you need to clear just because you get to that point so much faster)

*Except Magic/Jumbo Flan, of course. Jumbo Flan can go die in a barrel.

edit: the actual answer:

One of the hardeset task to do, but these are the results of what is possible.
FYI, the Expert Sphere Grid is something that has the lowest number of nodes.
Therefore, if you don't use Clear Spheres, there isn't much you can do.
And yet, it still works.

What is needed:
23 Strength Spheres 13 Agility Spheres
30 Defense Spheres 56 Luck Spheres
27 Magic Spheres
34 Magic Defense Spheres

After all that, you should have 93 Empty nodes left.
HP Sphere all of that and you get 27900
27900 + 16200 (Already on grid) = 44100 HP

source

I just lost an hour of progress thanks to a fucking malboro. Time to play bravely default for the next two days until the anger subsides.

My rage at the chocobo race had built up to volcanic pressures when I finally beat it and got the sigil. On the way back I bumped into a malboro. Pants were soiled. Fortunately the bad breath didn't cause any major disasters and I killed the fucker dead before the second one.

I'm loving the game again after 10 years. It would be nice to do some of the optional content, but I'm not sure how long my patience lasts (now at Mt.Gagazet and the encounter rate is just stupid) and there's so much stuff that I don't even know where to start. Some overpowered stomping with megaweapons would be entertaining.

Top Bottom