• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Holmes

I.. can't resist...

Palumpolum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Kcarzis_Q

Just look how fucking liveless this fucking city is, the build up everything, even the fucking crystarium, no fucking noticable NPC, nothing, damn it! Just Hope muttering incomprehensible shit every now and then, damn what a piece of shit actually wtf were you thinking Square Enix?

Look at Final Fantasy X and learn how it is fucking done again!
Calm down. There were plenty of NPCs, but the city was under lockdown because you were there, remember? What's next, where are the NPCs in Oerba? Maybe you should resist a little harder next time because you just sound silly.

Wounded

Hey all, caved in and got for the Vita. Just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of in terms of not screwing myself over etc.

Xenex

All items are grind-able. It's just really, really slow, even when you're hitting for 99,999.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look up some guides.

Hey all, caved in and got for the Vita. Just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of in terms of not screwing myself over etc.

Unlock all Destruction Spheres in the Temples! I didn't now I'm paying for it.

Shiina

Calm down. There were plenty of NPCs, but the city was under lockdown because you were there, remember? What's next, where are the NPCs in Oerba? Maybe you should resist a little harder next time because you just sound silly.

No shops, no towns, no NPCs may fit the 'story' but that doesn't make it any less stupid or any more Final Fantasy.

Nimmermehr

Neo Member
Did anyone else notice that the faces of the characters (esp. Yuna) look different/odd in the calm lands part of the game? Looks like complete different textures..

HeelPower

No shops, no towns, no NPCs may fit the 'story' but that doesn't make it any less stupid or any more Final Fantasy.

that's the easy way out.

Fugitives could just as easily disguise themselves and operate underground in a vast open world with plenty of characters.

Shiina

that's the easy way out.

Fugitives could just as easily disguise themselves and operate underground in a vast open world with plenty of characters.

I always thought they just shoehorned the story that way as an excuse to not make any of those things. They even said that making towns in HD would be too much effort.

Teletraan1

Banned
Congrats to all the people who finally are getting over their story and silly jpop hangups and playing X-2. The game play is best in class and is one of my favorite FF games. Not playing a Final Fantasy because story was always the silliest reason ever to me, most of them have pretty terrible stories and plots.

Son Of D

I know it's off topic but playing this just makes me want XII HD even more. Rabanastre and Archades in HD will be really nice to see (I don't have a PC powerful enough to emulate FFXII).

Holykael1

Banned
Congrats to all the people who finally are getting over their story and silly jpop hangups and playing X-2. The game play is best in class and is one of my favorite FF games. Not playing a Final Fantasy because story was always the silliest reason ever to me, most of them have pretty terrible stories and plots.
That's your opinion not a fact.
I completely disagree. Most have excellent stories and plots(atleast for me), hence my gripes with X-2.
With that said, I'll play it just to have fun and take the story as if it were an alternative universe type of thing. X's ending was impactful and meaningful, why would you go and mess with it.

HeelPower

I always thought they just shoehorned the story that way as an excuse to not make any of those things. They even said that making towns in HD would be too much effort.

FFXIII needed more interactivity and variety.Linearity wasn't the biggest problem per se ,but rather constructing something organic.

The sequels came with more interactivity but along came tons of problems I can't go into right now.

Its unfortunate overall and I actually liked the first.

Holmes

I never said that. I just gave the reason why there's not an NPC at every corner of Palompolum. But I'm not going to play defense force to a game that GAF acts like it killed their family in cold blood and forced them to watch.

So, about them Fortune Spheres, eh.

ZeroX03

Banned

Trivia of the Day: people play games for different reasons, and like different things. One person's terrible story is another's all time favorite.

Falk

that puzzling face

Maybe we'll see this sentiment for Lightning Returns 10 years down the road?

Gibbo

agreed. X2 is one of my favourite RPGS. I didnt like how little room there is error in getting e best ending tho. you had to use a guide to get it

ZeroX03

Banned
Maybe we'll see this sentiment for Lightning Returns 10 years down the road?

A greater percentage of fans dropped between XIII and XIII-2 (and Lightning Returns) than X and X-2. Reception will likely warm up but they're still leagues apart. The XIII series will never have the love that the X series has* (except in Perfo's mind).

*assuming a terrible X-3 isn't made.

So for Normal Sphere Grid players, what have you been doing with your characters after they finish their grid? For me it's

Tidus: Return Sphere to where Auron's grid ends, then go backwards through Auron's
Yuna: Friend Sphere to end of Lulu's
Wakka: Through Auron's
Kimahri: Through Wakka's
Lulu: I'm not sure if this will work. Going to use White Magic Sphere on Holy, then try to Return Sphere there.
Auron: Through Tidus'
Rikku: Friend Sphere to end of Tidus', then work backwards through it.

squall211

My rage at the chocobo race had built up to volcanic pressures when I finally beat it and got the sigil. On the way back I bumped into a malboro. Pants were soiled. Fortunately the bad breath didn't cause any major disasters and I killed the fucker dead before the second one.

I'm loving the game again after 10 years. It would be nice to do some of the optional content, but I'm not sure how long my patience lasts (now at Mt.Gagazet and the encounter rate is just stupid) and there's so much stuff that I don't even know where to start. Some overpowered stomping with megaweapons would be entertaining.

I....don't even want to imagine the mental breakdown I'd have if something like that happened to me and I died after all that effort.

XJF

Why does the soft reset take you to the disc main menu instead of the game main menu. That's stupid.
And why I can't go directly from the "highwind?" to the arena? They should've thought that through

Shahed

Remiem Temple and Chocobo Racing in general is where the game shows it's age a lot. While I've done them, they've got pathetic control of the chocobos in relation to how they move on non static cameras

SirNinja

Unlock all Destruction Spheres in the Temples! I didn't now I'm paying for it.

You can go back for them later; they're not missable. (There is one temple you can't go back to, but the Destruction Sphere treasure there is required to finish it.)

Besaid is like 3 tents. It barely qualifies as a settlement.

Let's not forget the genre we're in. Remember this place from Pokemon G/S/C?

Cherrygrove_City_GSC.png

A shop, an inn, and three tiny houses. Or as it's called in-game, Cherrygrove CITY.

Panthers

A greater percentage of fans dropped between XIII and XIII-2 (and Lightning Returns) than X and X-2. Reception will likely warm up but they're still leagues apart. The XIII series will never have the love that the X series has* (except in Perfo's mind).

*assuming a terrible X-3 isn't made.

I just heard that extra audio and immediately read up on that horrible novel they made. I am trying to completely disregard it but it's hard. They better not make a X-3

XJF

I liked XIII-2 alot! Beasted out the Platinum in 6 days. 5 Days faster than my LRFFXIII platinum

inner-G

Banned
I just heard that extra audio and immediately read up on that horrible novel they made. I am trying to completely disregard it but it's hard. They better not make a X-3

If it were the prequel with Jecht, Braska and Auron, it NEEDS to be made.

They can keep another sequel though.

So I just reached the
Thunder Plains
for the first time, when should I start backtracking for Trophies? :eek: Also I can't do the dodge mini-game yet can I? Normally I'm not that careful but I have this strong desire to make FFX HD my first ever Platinum Trophy :p

squall211

I think lots of FF X fans would absolute love a X-3, but only if it was a prequel. Adventure time with Braska, Jecht and Auron could be amazing if handled properly.

Holykael1

Banned
I never said that. I just gave the reason why there's not an NPC at every corner of Palompolum. But I'm not going to play defense force to a game that GAF acts like it killed their family in cold blood and forced them to watch.

So, about them Fortune Spheres, eh.

I feel you xD.

squall211

So I just reached the
Thunder Plains
for the first time, when should I start backtracking for Trophies? :eek: Also I can't do the dodge mini-game yet can I? Normally I'm not that careful but I have this strong desire to make FFX HD my first ever Platinum Trophy :p

You can technically do the lightning dodging now I think, but it's EXTREMELY difficult without a weapons equipped with the "No Encounters" ability. You are better off waiting until you have one of those to attempt that trophy.

Cheddahz

Banned
My second attempt at getting a PS3 (first one I got last week didn't work) just showed up and it actually works, so now it's finally time to get into Final Fantasy X!

ZeroX03

Banned
I liked XIII-2 alot! Beasted out the Platinum in 6 days. 5 Days faster than my LRFFXIII platinum

I enjoyed XIII-2 enough to Platinum it. I consider it a game that did it's best to improve despite having a poor base to build on. I remember it being short and easy though, 50 hours or so to Platinum. I'll probably force myself through XIII-3 after I finish backlog.

You can technically do the lightning dodging now I think, but it's EXTREMELY difficult without a weapons equipped with the "No Encounters" ability. You are better off waiting until you have one of those to attempt that trophy.

Ah okay thanks! So it's also safe to open the chests already? I ignored them in the fear I might mess something up but then again I already made over 50 saves on my Vita already :p

SirNinja

Did they remaster X-2's OST aswell?

They did not. Probably out of respect for one of the composers (Noriko Matsueda), who quit composing permanently after the particularly nasty feedback the soundtrack received from "fans" back in the day. The X-2 Piano Collections album remains her last work to this day.

So for Normal Sphere Grid players, what have you been doing with your characters after they finish their grid? For me it's

Kimahri: Through Wakka's

The funny thing is I think Kimahri works best through Tidus. The reason for this is because he is a decently fast character with lots of MP. He can cast Hastaga and Slowga and still have MP left. Tidus' grid does not give him enough MP, but Kimahri's grid gives him plenty. I found Kimahri to be a better Tidus than the main character because he can also hit for damage.

Also, the BradyGames guide for this game is pretty. Easily worth the 15 bucks on Amazon. The only thing I hate is that it does not really tell about the international content. It is a repackage of the old guides. However, it is worth it to not have to look online every 10 minutes.

squall211

Ah okay thanks! So it's also safe to open the chests already? I ignored them in the fear I might mess something up but then again I already made over 50 saves on my Vita already :p

The only thing in the game you can permanently mess up is missing 4 Al Bhed Primers, of which you need all to obtain a trophy.

So I just reached the
Thunder Plains

I would wait until you get the airship to start backtracking. Sure you will not have Yuna, but you really will not need her if you get a No Encounter weapon.

Here is a guide

The only thing in the game you can permanently mess up is missing 4 Al Bhed Primers, of which you need all to obtain a trophy.
Yeah, it is at Home and Bevelle. You have to grab those because there is no chance of going back. Any others you missed will still be there or at the desert. I suggest getting all the Primers before going to Bevelle because I did not and did not realize that you don't get the airship back until before the final part of the game.

OmegaDL50

I honestly think you'd spend less time with un-optimal amounts (overshooting the amount you need and stuff) compared to having to make everyone go on a round trip activating everything (sphere grid travel time makes me want to punch people), even if it means going through 5 extra repetitions for 10 extra spheres*. You have so many extra spots that it doesn't really matter, unless for some reason you're aiming for 99,999 hp as well. (And even then it's arguably faster to spam stuff first to cap everything else THEN work out what you need to clear just because you get to that point so much faster)

*Except Magic/Jumbo Flan, of course. Jumbo Flan can go die in a barrel.

edit: the actual answer:

source

This is the exact information I needed, thanks.

Holykael1

Banned
They did not. Probably out of respect for one of the composers (Noriko Matsueda), who quit composing permanently after the particularly nasty feedback the soundtrack received from "fans" back in the day. The X-2 Piano Collections album remains her last work to this day.

That's sad to hear, if I dislike something, Im not going to insult the people who made it. I will simply move on with my life and not support the product in question..
I wonder how Toriyama feels.. You may dislike/criticize his work but you don't need to treat the man like crap(It's a fine line). Those "fans" can honestly go fuck themselves for the horrible "people" they are.

I would wait until you get the airship to start backtracking. Sure you will not have Yuna, but you really will not need her if you get a No Encounter weapon.

Here is a guide

Yeah, it is at Home and Bevelle. You have to grab those because there is no chance of going back. Any others you missed will still be there or at the desert. I suggest getting all the Primers before going to Bevelle because I did not and did not realize that you don't get the airship back until before the final part of the game.

What I've done in the past is make a copy of the save just before Home. If I miss the Primers and accidentally save, I can just go back to that prior save game, get hte primers, and load them from one of those compilation spheres scattered throughout the world to complete the collection.

Panthers

I think lots of FF X fans would absolute love a X-3, but only if it was a prequel. Adventure time with Braska, Jecht and Auron could be amazing if handled properly.

That would be awesome. But with regards to the new "cannon" (if it can so be called) they have released, it doesn't seem like they are thinking of a prequel, unless I missed something.

Shahed

Anyone with both the Vita and PS3 versions also have weird things going on with the Cross Save feature? I keep getting extra save files popping up. For example I alternate between 3 files. But every now and then when I sync later, it adds newer save files from back when I started playing in that session.

I've tried deleting all the save files from the cloud and the Vita, and leaving myself with only those 3 PS3 slots, and then resyncing. But after my next play session on either PS3 or Vita, I have 5 save files again

Tiamant

I'm at chapter 2 in X-2 and I think I'll restart because I've fucked up. I didn't remember that the current dressphere affects stats when leveling up so if Yuna levels up 5 levels as a black mage then it doesn't make much sense going a physical route like warrior or samurai.

Also I didn't that Festivalist was a magic focused dressphere and I still don' know what Psychic is exactly good at.

Oh well, at least this time I won't miss some early blue bullets.

Top Bottom