• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Anyone with both the Vita and PS3 versions also have weird things going on with the Cross Save feature? I keep getting extra save files popping up. For example I alternate between 3 files. But every now and then when I sync later, it adds newer save files from back when I started playing in that session.

I have had little issue. The Cloud automatically syncs the newest save file. I always get one that syncs. If you have multiple files, then you pick which one to sync. I do notice to get it to load you have to go to data transfer first because it does not automatically load the game from the cloud. To get rid of syncing, you press square on the save you do not want synced.

I'm at chapter 2 in X-2 and I think I'll restart because I've fucked up. I didn't remember that the current dressphere affects stats when leveling up so if Yuna levels up 5 levels as a black mage then it doesn't make much sense going a physical route like warrior or samurai.

Also I didn't that Festivalist was a magic focused dressphere and I still don' know what Psychic is exactly good at.

Oh well, at least this time I won't miss some early blue bullets.
That is why I am playing FFX-2 with a guide on hand. FFX at least is not that bad with missables (except the primers, those are terrible).

To ask a question, have people had trouble getting the chocobo trainer to spawn in Calm Lands. It seems after the first attempt I can never find him again. Does he wonder around? That would be a dickish move considering how much enemies spawn.

The only thing in the game you can permanently mess up is missing 4 Al Bhed Primers, of which you need all to obtain a trophy.

Phew okay so I messed nothing up yet! :D

I would wait until you get the airship to start backtracking. Sure you will not have Yuna, but you really will not need her if you get a No Encounter weapon.

Here is a guide

Yeah, it is at Home and Bevelle. You have to grab those because there is no chance of going back. Any others you missed will still be there or at the desert. I suggest getting all the Primers before going to Bevelle because I did not and did not realize that you don't get the airship back until before the final part of the game.

Thanks for the guide I will keep that in mind! Also okay got that, I will be extra careful in the Home so I don't miss anything :p

EDIT: Is there anyway I can check which Primers I already have?

ubercheez

I'm at chapter 2 in X-2 and I think I'll restart because I've fucked up. I didn't remember that the current dressphere affects stats when leveling up so if Yuna levels up 5 levels as a black mage then it doesn't make much sense going a physical route like warrior or samurai.

Also I didn't that Festivalist was a magic focused dressphere and I still don' know what Psychic is exactly good at.

Oh well, at least this time I won't miss some early blue bullets.

You can't mess up your character progression. There is no permanent stat change when leveling up under any given dressphere.

Plenty of other stuff to mess up.

Shahed

I have had little issue. The Cloud automatically syncs the newest save file. I always get one that syncs. If you have multiple files, then you pick which one to sync. I do notice to get it to load you have to go to data transfer first because it does not automatically load the game from the cloud. To get rid of syncing, you press square on the save you do not want synced.
I think that's what the problem is. It only syncs the newest file. For example I have save slots 1-3 all synced. After playing the game for a while, my last save was on Slot 2. So when I go back into the cross save area, Slot 2 has synced fine. But slots 1 and 3 never synced. Now I have two new slots called 4 and 5 that are synced with the server with what Slot 1 and 3 were on the cloud.

SirNinja

Erz278K.jpg

Still my least favorite Cloister of Trials (not that I particularly like any of them). How many people actually got the Knight Lance their first time through here, without using a guide?

Tiamant

You can't mess up your character progression. There is no permanent stat change when leveling up under any given dressphere.

Plenty of other stuff to mess up.

Are you 100% sure of this? Because it doesn't make any sense that warrior Paine has almost de same magic attack than black mage Yuna.

Ah the primers are listed under Key Items, I kinda missed I and II o.o
Luckily I can be found in the desert and II should still be in the Crusader hut. I missed a whole bunch not realizing it. Luckily I went with a guide during Home. It may be the best time to follow a guide because you get so much good stuff in the Al Bhed chests.

The ones in Home are tricky because almost every time you go through a door, it seals behind you and you can't go back. I suggest looking them up so you don't miss them.
Yeah, Home is when the game goes "you didn't know about this item? screw you, you are not getting it this playthrough". Generally FFX can be played without a guide, but Home is when I feel like the game drops the ball of giving chances.

Ah the primers are listed under Key Items, I kinda missed I and II o.o

Primers will reappear in certain places, while only 4 are completely missable. 1 in Bevelle, but it's kind of in your path, and 3 in Home. The ones in Home are tricky because almost every time you go through a door, it seals behind you and you can't go back. I suggest looking them up so you don't miss them.

XJF

Same here. We seem to have similar gaming habbits.
It took me almost a year to plat XIII, took a long hiatus though, couldn't find the drive to collect all the weapons.. That was riduculous! Have Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku completely around sphere grid. Doing clean sweep and placing spheres, then having the rest follow. Hopefully have plat in like 6 days or so
I enjoyed XIII-2 enough to Platinum it. I consider it a game that did it's best to improve despite having a poor base to build on. I remember it being short and easy though, 50 hours or so to Platinum. I'll probably force myself through XIII-3 after I finish backlog.

LRFFXIII was pretty good in my opinion. It took what little was good of XIII and mixed it FFXIII-2. Story is still a cluster-fuck, but the gameplay is really enjoyable

the inability to skip cutscenes is just annoying as fuck.

Yeah, It is really baffling why they did not code this for the International release. Even a fast forward button would have been nice if it was impossible to code a skip button. At least the Kingdom Hearts .5 releases have a skip button. I would go stir crazy if they have not since you have to play the games multiple times to get all achievements.

Luckily I can be found in the desert and II should still be in the Crusader hut. I missed a whole bunch not realizing it. Luckily I went with a guide during Home. It may be the best time to follow a guide because you get so much good stuff in the Al Bhed chests.

Yeah, Home is when the game goes "you didn't know about this item? screw you, you are not getting it this playthrough". Generally FFX can be played without a guide, but Home is when I feel like the game drops the ball of giving chances.

For sure. I think that was the first point-of-no-return that was barely mid-way through an FF game. Story wise, I get it, but why put key items in a place you can't ever go to again?

Levyne

Banned
I plan on picking up LR once it's about 30 dollars, maybe 20.

It sounds like it could be the best of the trilogy if what I hear is correct. Even if that isn't exactly a lot of praise :p

You can get those back. Only ones you need to worry about are 19-22

Primers will reappear in certain places, while only 4 are completely missable. 1 in Bevelle, but it's kind of in your path, and 3 in Home. The ones in Home are tricky because almost every time you go through a door, it seals behind you and you can't go back. I suggest looking them up so you don't miss them.

Yeah thanks everyone I figured it out and just use this list for the missables: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Al_Bhed_Primers :)

I feel weirdly stuck right now. I'm getting crushed by dark aeons, even if I get a turn in. I can't seem to get any ultimate weapons finished (I forgot to get the sun sigil in zanarkand before I left). I'm also so strong that I can't get anyone to hit yuna nad raise her overdrive. For some reason I've done the whole game and she only has stoic. So no matter where I go I keep hitting a wall. Right now I'm just trying to find enough area to clear and capture to get Auron's weapon done.

Erz278K.jpg

Still my least favorite Cloister of Trials (not that I particularly like any of them). How many people actually got the Knight Lance their first time through here, without using a guide?

i did this last night and I was raging at the dumb intersections, you move so fast that your forced to spam the button to make a course change.

why don't they just let you choose, what's the point in making this any more difficult? these kind of Japanese design choices infuriate me.

daoster

I listened to about half of the audio drama. It just got worse and worse as time went on, and when Yuna said
"I've fallen in love with someone else" to Tidus
I just turned my Vita off. I don't understand what their goal was with this, but it sure did make me unhappy.

Seeing this (and all the impressions of the audio drama from the importers) makes me almost lose interest in finishing X and X-2, just because, a part of the reason why I loved these games so much was that I enjoyed the story so much. Then Square goes and mucks everything up, and it's like...WHY?

You give us a pretty awesome remake that makes us remember the good old days, and at the very end, you bring us back to the reality that is the current Square (for the most part).

Seda

However, back when it came out, I never finished X-2. The story didn't appeal to me due to the change in tone from X so I only played 10 hours or so. After playing IV-X, this was the first Final Fantasy that, to me, didn't really feel like a Final Fantasy game with the quality I'd expect. I will be giving it a try this time and hope that ~10 years have made me more forgiving.

Then again I'm also of the opinion the whole narrative side of things became a joke upon FFX-2, so it's not as if they could make the story and characters much worse

I hated X-2 because of its story, though the gameplay was superb. Willing to give it a proper shot again after I'm done with FFX HD. Why not, eh? My opinion may have changed now since it's been yeaaaaars since I last played X-2. X will always be my GOAT though.

I think they had a couple of good ideas in setting up X-2's narrative: competing factions that arise out of the aftermath of the fall of Sin
having members of each tie to the new party member, a little bit of a look at the past of Spira (the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle). But having a vengeful apparition quite literally possess people trying to use a superweapon... isn't the most interesting of conflicts. Superweapons are often boring plot devices in setting up a such a conflict.

Gameplay is very very fun though of course, which is most important.

Xenex

You can go back for them later; they're not missable. (There is one temple you can't go back to, but the Destruction Sphere treasure there is required to finish it.)

I guess but you may as well get them whilst your there, there's always the chance you forget to go back, like I did :/

Xenex

we seen it through the jecht spheres, , I would really wanna see how the audio drama ends, i say X-3 comes when XV is over

I would welcome an X-3, albeit if the story is as good as X. Can't say anything about X-2 as I can't remember anything about the game and I have yet to play the remaster.

Shahed

i did this last night and I was raging at the dumb intersections, you move so fast that your forced to spam the button to make a course change.

why don't they just let you choose, what's the point in making this any more difficult? these kind of Japanese design choices infuriate me.

Actually it's not a case of spamming a button. If you notice on the first level they alternate between 2 choices and you go at normal speed. On the faster path down below where you are given a choice, it cycles between 3 directions while the other three branches cycle between 2.

Since that one cycles between 3 while the rest are between 2, depending on when you choose to move forward gives you the chance of moving right on the further instersections. I believe when on the glyph the cycles between left, right and forward, if you choose to go forward you can see the other glyphs in the distance and what option you'll be given by the time you get there. So when the option to go forward is given, make sure the turn where you want to go right is lit up at the same time, otherwise let the glyph cycle between left right and forward once more and then move

Aurizen

I would welcome an X-3, albeit if the story is as good as X. Can't say anything about X-2 as I can't remember anything about the game and I have yet to play the remaster.

I think the things that made X good will make X-3 good, return of the Aeons! and Auron, Braska, and Jecht I bet!

Korezo

Where's a good spot to farm Gil? I already have gillionaire with rikku. Trying to get 1.4mil to bribe ultimate weapon.... Had to erase 2 hours of progress because I ran into him by accident while hunting and had only 400k..

Shahed

I think they had a couple of good ideas in setting up X-2's narrative: competing factions that arise out of the aftermath of the fall of Sin
having members of each tie to the new party member, a little bit of a look at the past of Spira (the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle). But having a vengeful apparition quite literally possess people trying to use a superweapon... isn't the most interesting of conflicts. Superweapons are often boring plot devices in setting up a such a conflict.

Gameplay is very very fun though of course, which is most important.

Well I guess joke is a bit harsh! I just really disliked how the game was presented in general so that probably coloured my views on the whole package. The whole faction thing and how the world moves on after Sin and Yevon was always gonna be interesting to see. But the general tone and handling of it all was not done very well.

The good end also never made sense in the whole scheme of things, and if you had to accept that, then the whole issue with the audio drama and the possible sequel in FFX-3 could be seen as coming

Son Of D

I think lots of FF X fans would absolute love a X-3, but only if it was a prequel. Adventure time with Braska, Jecht and Auron could be amazing if handled properly.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR X
It will continue the trend of depressing Square Enix prequels. What with Jecht offering to be the fayth for Braska's final aeon, Jecht getting possessed by Yu Yevon and killing Braska as well as Auron confronting Yunalesca and getting killed by her with him barely making it to Gagazet (or was it Bevelle?) and asking Kimahri to take Yuna to Besaid.

Not to say that I don't want that though.

Shahed

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR X
It will continue the trend of depressing Square Enix prequels. What with Jecht offering to be the fayth for Braska's final aeon, Jecht getting possessed by Yu Yevon and killing Braska as well as Auron confronting Yunalesca and getting killed by her with him barely making it to Gagazet (or was it Bevelle?) and asking Kimahri to take Yuna to Besaid.

Not to say that I don't want that though.

It can still be good if directed well. Crisis Core ending was fantastic even if you knew exactly what was going to happen

squall211

Yeah, It is really baffling why they did not code this for the International release. Even a fast forward button would have been nice if it was impossible to code a skip button. At least the Kingdom Hearts .5 releases have a skip button. I would go stir crazy if they have not since you have to play the games multiple times to get all achievements.

It's definitely odd that cutscene skip wasn't included. It didn't really bother me in this playthrough like I thought it would, probably because it had been 11-12 years since I did a full playthrough of the game and I had forgotten most of the scenes that didn't occur either at the very beginning or very end.

SLV

What is a good early place to grind? Just got to Highroad , also got attack reels for wakka by winning the first championship :D

Arthea

I need someone who went back for Jecht spheres quickly answer me this (I'm about to go back, right now I mean). Can I get all of them on my way back? What about one in Kilika and on the ship? Those too?

ubercheez

Got through Operation Mi'ihen. Crossed Yuna into Lulu's region on the Expert Sphere Grid to pick up some -ra magics, which made
Sinspawn Gui
a breeze.

On through the highroad, picked up Ixion. Definitely my favorite FF lightning summon -- Zappy Horse > Old Man Ramuh. Now it's time to RIDE ZE SHOOPUF.

The music is all fantastic. Wandering Flame is such a crazy good song, and I don't feel like it was ruined at all. Maybe I would have if I'd listened to it before playing the game, but coming across it organically still had as powerful of an impact as I remember.

Regarding an FFX prequel:
Everyone knew how Lufia 2 ended but it didn't stop that game from being amazing either.
However, Lufia 2 and Crisis Core worked because we didn't know anything aside from the very end. FFX does a fine job of filling in tons of blanks regarding the characters of Jecht, Auron, and Braska. Everyone in the FFX playable cast has stories about these three heroes, there's no need to experience them firsthand.

Besides, aside from stuff like
further developing Braska's wife, detailing the events of Auron refusing marriage to a priest's daughter.
there's not much that can be explored story-wise. Also the risk of retcon is too high. It'd be kinda ridiculous to introduce a new character in FFX-prequel and then have everyone just forget about him/her when FFX rolls around.

Besides all that...do we really need ANOTHER trip to Spira? We've already been there twice, and the second time was after a dramatic event that changed everything. In FFX much of the game is predetermined. Yuna, Tidus, & Auron are following in the footsteps of Braska, Jecht, & Auron.
If Yuna & company not following that path all the way to the end is how the cycle was broken and eternal calm was achieved. Do we really need to see what happens when the expected path is followed?

Plus going back to Spira means fighting all of the same monsters again. Now this doesn't have to happen but c'mon...this is Square-enix we're talking about. It'll be FF4: the before years.

RPGCrazied

Trying to Zanamto Dark Valefor, but he just won't use it anymore. Though I'm only trying to pay him 100k, which is all I have. Is it possible to get it at this amount?

XJF

all are obtainable as soon as Jecht Sphere's become available story wise. If you want them all without fighting Dark Aeons, you need to run back to Besaid DIRECTLY after unlocking Jecht Sphere's. This is a major plot point and you will know when it's time.

Arthea

all are obtainable as soon as Jecht Sphere's become available story wise. If you want them all without fighting Dark Aeons, you need to run back to Besaid DIRECTLY after unlocking Jecht Sphere's. This is a major plot point and you will know when it's time.
ya, I unlocked the first couple of minutes ago
so all are available on my trip back? Kilika too? How do I get on the ship?
Just don't wanna waist too much time trying to get to all if not all are available at this moment.

Magnus

The Expert Grid is really throwing me. I didn't plan shit well at all. Hahaha.

My Wakka is so fucking weak, and I actually just sent him down his regular path. Barely enough strength nodes it seems. Fucking Kimahri hits harder right now.

Really feels like a fun new version of the game. Should really enhance replays quite a bit!

Top Bottom