• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

ya, I unlocked the first couple of minutes ago
so all are available on my trip back? Kilika too? How do I get on the ship?
Just don't wanna waist too much time trying to get to all if not all are available at this moment.

The same way you did last time.. The ship is at the dock.

ya, I unlocked the first couple of minutes ago
so all are available on my trip back? Kilika too? How do I get on the ship?
Just don't wanna waist too much time trying to get to all if not all are available at this moment.

You just walk onto the ship. It's still docked I believe.

Arthea

Trying to Zanamto Dark Valefor, but he just won't use it anymore. Though I'm only trying to pay him 100k, which is all I have. Is it possible to get it at this amount?

I think money only increase chances it never is 100% sure. So you have to reload until you get it. I didn't used Zanmato, it's too uncertain, and after some training and preparations you don't need it anyway. It's not an easy fight, but easier than all others.

Hollycat

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR X
It will continue the trend of depressing Square Enix prequels. What with Jecht offering to be the fayth for Braska's final aeon, Jecht getting possessed by Yu Yevon and killing Braska as well as Auron confronting Yunalesca and getting killed by her with him barely making it to Gagazet (or was it Bevelle?) and asking Kimahri to take Yuna to Besaid.

Not to say that I don't want that though.

You either haven't played Crisis Core or your statement excludes it.

OmegaDL50

Okay going to try and kill Dark Valefor now. I think I'm ready. Tidus, Wakka, and Auron all have prepared Overdrives (Gotta love Entrust!) and Quickhit, their STR stats are about 150 each and they all have over 600MP so the expense of using Quickhit shouldn't be too much of an issue., so I'm going and try and do chain-cast Attack Reels with Quickhit Spam in between.

If I can kill Fafnir who has over a million HP, then Dark Valefor with only 800,000 shouldn't that much different.

Manu

all are obtainable as soon as Jecht Sphere's become available story wise. If you want them all without fighting Dark Aeons, you need to run back to Besaid DIRECTLY after unlocking Jecht Sphere's. This is a major plot point and you will know when it's time.

I'm starting to hate the Dark Aeons, and I haven't even come across one yet.

OmegaDL50

Does anyone know if I one can re-fight Dark Valefor once I kill it. Or is once I take'em down she's gone for good. I mean I'm looking at the drop list for killing her and the loot is pretty nice.

Levyne

Banned
My party hits for 99999 routinely. He never even got a turn.

Well of course he's a cakewalk once you max out, I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Speaking of maxing out, got 3 characters to max out Luck yesterday. Think I'll start filling in the remaining grid with HP and run those 3 fully through, make some armor, and start taking some of the suckers down. Then the remaining 4...more earth eater zzzzz.

XJF

Well of course he's a cakewalk once you max out, I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Speaking of maxing out, got 3 characters to max out Luck yesterday. Think I'll start filling in the remaining grid with HP and run those 3 fully through, make some armor, and start taking some of the suckers down. Then the remaining 4...more earth eater zzzzz.

That's insane. Decided a couple days ago not to max luck. Takes far too much time to farm Fortune Spheres

Holykael1

Banned
Seeing this (and all the impressions of the audio drama from the importers) makes me almost lose interest in finishing X and X-2, just because, a part of the reason why I loved these games so much was that I enjoyed the story so much. Then Square goes and mucks everything up, and it's like...WHY?

You give us a pretty awesome remake that makes us remember the good old days, and at the very end, you bring us back to the reality that is the current Square (for the most part).

Why do they invalidate the merits of the original work? It's like saying eating a bad pizza once will ruin pizzas for all eternity, forever and ever..
You do realize that you can simply just choose to ignore it right?.. What's the deal with being so melodramatic about it.

OmegaDL50

It seems ever since I started doing the Don Tonberry trick, It has become apparent that my basic attack has been mostly replaced with the Extract abilities to keep up with the constant sphere usage for having high sphere levels.

Anyone else been basically use Extract abilities as a standard attack because of this too?

XJF

Killed several Ogre's onnthe way to the Monster Arena. Haven't fought one since. Whwre does the blasted thing spawn!

i found they spawn most frequently northwest corner of the map (by the Al Bhed Primer) and directly behind the Save sphere in the middle of the Calm Lands

It seems ever since I started doing the Don Tonberry trick, It has become apparent that my basic attack has been mostly replaced with the Extract abilities to keep up with the constant sphere usage for having high sphere levels.

Anyone else been basically use Extract abilities as a standard attack because of this too?
If you've unlocked and can beat KOTTOS in the Arena use it on him. Upon overkilling, he'll drop 40x whatever kind of sphere you want. As far as I'm aware this is the fastest method to obtain the 4 basic spheres (Power, Mana, Strength, Ability)

That's insane. Decided a couple days ago not to max luck. Takes far too much time to farm Fortune Spheres

Yea after thinking about it for a while yesterday, I'm not going to do it either. I guess I'll farm all the others needed for stat maxing, and fill in the rest of the empty nodes reserved for luck with HP or something. Won't really matter I suppose.

Does farming STR, Defense, Magic, Magic Defense, Agility nodes take a while?

Levyne

Banned
Yea after thinking about it for a while yesterday, I'm not going to do it either. I guess I'll farm all the others needed for stat maxing, and fill in the rest of the empty nodes reserved for luck with HP or something. Won't really matter I suppose.

Relative to the others, only Magic is slow-ish out of those. The Jumbo flan is a little annoying. Seems like a common way to beat him is spam Anima's Pain, which has an annoyingly long animation.

XJF

I'm doing strength right now, Juggernaut. He has like 1.2M, he doesn't get a hit off on me either. Magic Defense is cake, I got all those I needed while farming Trip Ap weapons. The only one that may be difficult is Magic Spheres from Jumbo Flan. Haven't tried it yet, but I remember it being relatively difficult due to it being immune to physical damage (sans Overdrives)

Shahed

i found they spawn most frequently northwest corner of the map (by the Al Bhed Primer) and directly behind the Save sphere in the middle of the Calm Lands

If you've unlocked and can beat KOTTOS in the Arena use it on him. Upon overkilling, he'll drop 40x whatever kind of sphere you want. As far as I'm aware this is the fastest method to obtain the 4 basic spheres (Power, Mana, Strength, Ability)

I was about to say that's where I've been searching to no avail, but the next battle after reading your post I find him :p

And that's the method I used back in the day for basic spheres. It's painful when you only get 2 though. Those lost Dark Matters;..

XJF

I was about to say that's where I've been searching to no avail, but the next battle after reading your post I find him :p

And that's the method I used back in the day for basic spheres. It's painful when you only get 2 though. Those lost Dark Matters;..

haha. just wait till you start capturing in the Omega Ruins. I think I wpent like 5-6 hours in there. Terrible spawn rates.

Just tried Jumbo Flan, Stock trip around grid had my main 3 (Tidus, Yuna, RIkku) Doublecasting Ultima at between 36-40K each Ultima. Or if Anima is strong enough, just PAIN jumbo flan to death.

OmegaDL50

Well that was a total failure. Dark Valefor wrecked me.

I even used a Summon as a meatshield for it to eat it's Overdrive.

My accuracy also probably isn't high enough. It dodged my Quickhits.

I did manage to deal about 500,000 damage on it, so It's definitely not impossible. I just need to be slightly stronger.

Shahed

haha. just wait till you start capturing in the Omega Ruins. I think I wpent like 5-6 hours in there. Terrible spawn rates.

Just tried Jumbo Flan, Stock trip around grid had my main 3 (Tidus, Yuna, RIkku) Doublecasting Ultima at between 36-40K each Ultima. Or if Anima is strong enough, just PAIN jumbo flan to death.

Not looking forward to it. Even back in the day, I never got 10 of either the Tonberry or Marlboro over there. I gave up

XJF

Not looking forward to it. Even back in the day, I never got 10 of either the Tonberry or Marlboro over there. I gave up

I did ALL mine from within 30 feet of the initial save sphere, EVERY monster in theree can spawn in that area.

OmegaDL50

I think both have their merits. The leveling in X-2 is far better, that's for sure.

I don't know about that. The flexibility of the Sphere Grid in being able to customize and tailor your character to specific roles and stats makes for a unique leveling system.

I mean at it's core FFX-2 is more or less the same as the system used in FF3 and FF5, with a standard experience gain system, doesn't necessarily make it "better"

Hollycat

I don't know about that. The flexibility of the Sphere Grid in being able to customize and tailor your character to specific roles and stats makes for a unique leveling system.

I mean at it's core FFX-2 is more or less the same as the system used in FF3 and FF5, with a standard experience gain system, doesn't necessarily make it "better"

Less confusing, and less timeconsuming, better was poor word choice.

Shahed

I did ALL mine from within 30 feet of the initial save sphere, EVERY monster in theree can spawn in that area.
I'll see how it goes. I wasn't aware of the reload to change spawn rate method at the time though. I just fought hour after demoralizing hour until I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe I'll have better luck this time!

XJF

I'll see how it goes. I wasn't aware of the reload to change spawn rate method at the time though. I just fought hour after demoralizing hour until I couldn't take it anymore. Maybe I'll have better luck this time!

yup, reloading changes the seed number for the RNG. Sorry, I just assume everyone knows these things.

Anyone know why the Penance guide says you need high luck (120+)? If I have 255 Agi and Eva, what's the purpose of the high luck? If it comes into play as to who gets attacked, I would feel if everyone has it then the effect would cancel out. Am i missing something?

OmegaDL50

Anyways, I'd say it's most definitely worth farming those Fortune Spheres

Luck affects two things:

1. The chance of your hits connecting (both you and the enemy)
2. The chance of a critical hit (both you and the enemy)

High Luck can make Accuracy and Evasion redundant.

255 Luck, 0 Accuracy and 0 Evasion is much better than 0 Luck, 255 Accuracy and 255 Evasion.

Yes, Luck is hard to get, but high enough it pretty much means you almost always hit and land a critical and if you have a weapon with Evade and Counter on it, it REALLY shines.

XJF

THIS guide says that even with 255 luck, evasion has to be greater than or equal to 30. But yea, was just looking into this. The plan I'm doing requires

20 Strength Spheres
30 Defense Spheres
27 Magic Spheres
32 Magic Defense Spheres
55 Luck Spheres with ~448 Fortune Spheres.

This will put me in great form for Dark Aeons and Penance and requires 0 Clear Spheres. I just dread the Fortune Spheres...

Anyways, I'd say it's most definitely worth farming those Fortune Spheres

Luck affects two things:

1. The chance of your hits connecting (both you and the enemy)
2. The chance of a critical hit (both you and the enemy)

255 Luck, 0 Accuracy and 0 Evasion is much better than 0 Luck, 255 Accuracy and 255 Evasion.

Yes, Luck is hard to get, but high enough it pretty much means you almost always hit and land a critical and if you have a weapon with Evade and Counter on it, it REALLY shines.

I dunno, that really is a shit ton of Earth Eater's. By the time you have all your characters fill out the base grid, you're already pretty damn OP. I did everything except DAs and penance back when I first played and it's just a cake walk after base sphere grid is filled out.

Panthers

I played this game a lot back in the day but never did the stat max thing. Was able to take down Nemisis anyways. But I was wondering why luck seems to be the most important stat. I never bothered with it before

EDIT: wow nvm it's explained above. Somehow missed it lol

How required is it to do like.. stat maxing or whatever? I would like to do the new bosses in the International edition (since I never had that version with living in NA and all), but the idea of grinding/farming for Fortune/Luck/whatever else I'd need does not sound appealing. Is it possible to kill the bosses without maxing?

Holykael1

Banned
How required is it to do like.. stat maxing or whatever? I would like to do the new bosses in the International edition (since I never had that version with living in NA and all), but the idea of grinding/farming for Fortune/Luck/whatever else I'd need does not sound appealing. Is it possible to kill the bosses without maxing?

You dont need to max out anything for any boss. Even Penance(well maybe damage).

Top Bottom