• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Holmes

I'm going full on 99,999 HP. Bring it on, Ironclad.

Done farming MP, strength, magic defense and agility spheres. Almost done defense and magic (doing them both at the same time). Then HP and Luck, with all my leftover nodes in evasion.

Btw XJF - you are aware you can farm armor with Ribbon on it from Dark Yojimbo?

OmegaDL50

Hmm, I actually didn't know this. I knew you could "farm" him for dark matters, but that was it.

Will have to consider it..

Just don't kill him more then 4 times. Dark Yojimbo requires to be killed 5 consecutive times to be finished off. Basically you can fight him and farm from him 4 times, leave the Cave and the timer resets.

As long as you follow this, you can fight him as much as you want and won't kill him off permanently.

so gonna probably pick this up alongside Link Between Worlds next week
any missables i should be aware of so i can bookmark a guide for said missables in the meantime?

XJF

btw XJF, did you know you can farm armor with Ribbon on it from Dark Yojimbo?

I did not. How many slots total? it's only and option if it's possible for them to drop with 3 frees slots, so 4 total. Will definitely look into that once I get home from work later

squall211

I would be interested with a sequel why a prequel when you know how it ends. maybe a prequel about Yu Yevon would be interesting.

Everyone already knew how Crisis Core was going to end, and SE still did an amazing job with the ending to that game.

I'd love to see the journey that Braska, Jecht and Auron took together from beginning to end, not just the snippets we see in the Jecht Spheres.

OmegaDL50

Everyone already knew how Crisis Core was going to end, and SE still did an amazing job with the ending to that game.

I'd love to see the journey that Braska, Jecht and Auron took together from beginning to end, not just the snippets we see in the Jecht Spheres.

This also applies for Lufia 2.

In Lufia 1, Maxim, Selan die in the very beginning of the game as part of the games prologue. Because we all knew what was going to happen to the 4 Heroes, This didn't make the Lufia 2, as a prequel and the events leading to that end have less meaning.

Just because we know what happens in the end, doesn't disregard the adventure that could be experienced before it.

Shiina

This also applies for Lufia 2.

In Lufia 1, Maxim, Selan die in the very beginning of the game as part of the games prologue. Because we all knew what was going to happen to the 4 Heroes, This didn't make the Lufia 2, as a prequel and the events leading to that end have less meaning

Just because we know what happens in the end, doesn't disregard the adventure that could be experienced before it.

I think most people played 2 first and 1 later, if at all. Also spoiler tags and stuff.

Holmes

I did not. How many slots total? it's only and option if it's possible for them to drop with 3 frees slots, so 4 total. Will definitely look into that once I get home from work later
Four, I believe. You'll also get some with Break HP Limit and BHPL+Ribbon.

Son Of D

My strategy guide says he can drop 3 or 4 slot total armour with Break HP Limit, Curseproof and/or Ribbon.

Just don't kill him more then 4 times. Dark Yojimbo requires to be killed 5 consecutive times to be finished off. Basically you can fight him and farm from him 4 times, leave the Cave and the timer resets.

As long as you follow this, you can fight him as much as you want and won't kill him off permanently.

Does this apply to all the Dark Aeons? Like are they farmable for items like that?

Dark Valefor down and he dropped the armour I wanted aftervthe 2nd try. Break HP and Ribbon for Tidus. Added Auto Haste and I'm ready to grind for spheres and get those stats up

I can't do it GAF... Can't get 0.0.0....:(

Best thing is to play another game for a bit and then do FFX when you are more not sick of it. It helped me when I got frustrated with the Calm Lands. I beat South Park in-between and not ready to play FFX again not frustrated. You will do it when you are probably not even trying. That is my luck!

Arthea

whoever did that back trip in 30 minutes is superhuman! That's for sure. It took me more than hour to get to Besaid with all Jecht spheres along the way... It would have been way faster with no encounter but alas. I'm not sure I would have made it without first strike weapon, was ambushed like every third fight, with first move running away is easy. And they surely could have given me run from million battles trophy! for all that work.
Also I did mindblowing discovery:
you can get magic Waka's weapon on your trip back too, that early in game! Now I know where Waka is going next on the grid
The trip back to a story point scares me a lil, at least until now I had some goal, no I just need to make it back without any goals, just running from battles, bummer

Aurizen

True, but idk to each his own I guess lol. I would find it kinda boring since the whole game would mirror X, it would be better for a sequel.

whoever did that back trip ... would have been way faster with no encounter

Heh, that is why the first thing I am going to do is get the No Encounter weapon dropped by Geosgaeno so I can traverse Calm Lands without pulling my hair.

Edit: Had to use the guide to get his name. Damn you Square and your fancy naming!

Hobbun

I was curious how the game was performing for everyone?

I had read in a couple of other websites people complaining about the game locking/freezing up. And that changing to 720p has helped for several.

But I’ve read through most of this thread and really haven’t seen anyone having any issues at all (which is great). Are all of you playing on 1080p?

I’ve only played maybe an hour of the game in 1080, and haven’t had any issues.

B.K.

I had read in a couple of other websites people complaining about the game locking/freezing up. And that changing to 720p has helped for several.

I've had the Vita version lock up once, but it started working again after two or three minutes.

Arthea

Heh, that is why the first thing I am going to do is get the No Encounter weapon dropped by Geosgaeno so I can traverse Calm Lands without pulling my hair.

Edit: Had to use the guide to get his name. Damn you Square and your fancy naming!

only when you get no encounter, you no longer can freely go to Besaid or Mushroom road...

I just call him Geosgeno, lol

But I’ve read through most of this thread and really haven’t seen anyone having any issues at all (which is great). Are all of you playing on 1080p?

I can only tell you about the Vita version. My game has crashed once in 60 hours of playtime. I loaded it back up and did the same thing I did when it crashed and it carried on fine. The performance on the Vita has been near perfect.

Conan-san

Yup!

Most of the time I was just turning those annoying bee things into stone that I was 1 hit killing anyway, but then it worked on one of those giant tentacle plant things with 8000 hp.

That ball is a murderbeast but if Wakka gets confused it's an easy game over.

ubercheez

The only performance issue I've encountered is that sometimes I'll have a line of dialogue play for half a second, then stutter and start over again. It's only happened to me two or three times so far out of maybe 12 hours of gameplay.

Flandy

So in order to get Auron celestial weapon I need to collect 10 of every monster in every area? Going to be a loooooooooooong day -__- Any tips?

I had no performance issues whatsoever, so far, hopefully it'll remain so.
If you're talking about the Vita version it normally only happens when there's a lot of models on screen during a cutscene. It will happen in a few other places too where your entire party is standing around near each other too. It's mostly fine though

Arthea

So in order to get Auron celestial weapon I need to collect 10 of every monster in every area? Going to be a loooooooooooong day -__- Any tips?

If you're talking about the Vita version it normally only happens when there's a lot of models on screen during a cutscene. It will happen in a few other places too where your entire party is standing around near each other too. It's mostly fine though

what tips do you want? It will be even longer day than you imagine, how's that for a tip?

oh, sorry, I'm playing PS3 version, somehow missed you are talking about Vita one.

RPGCrazied

lol, that was funny. Now that I wanted it earlier, Yojimbo finally did Zanmato, but this time
against the fight with Seymor inside sin.
He didn't even get a turn. :p

Flandy

Falk

that puzzling face
only when you get no encounter, you no longer can freely go to Besaid or Mushroom road...

I just call him Geosgeno, lol

Can't you quietly tiptoe around the NPCs in Mushroom Rock? That's what I did this playthrough at least, while doing 10-of-each-monster.

Arthea

Can't you quietly tiptoe around the NPCs in Mushroom Rock? That's what I did this playthrough at least, while doing 10-of-each-monster.

It didn't work for me, and I tried. I still usded to get into chasing minigame inspite of what I was doing, and we all know how that ends.

edited: oh you are talking about 10 of each monsters! ya, I think that's doable, from other spot, I was talking about getting to Jecht sphere.

RPGCrazied

Is there no way to get Auron's Mar's Crest? I seem to get ambushed by the Dark Magus Sisters. :/

They sure didn't make these things really optional. lol

Arthea

Is there no way to get Auron's Mar's Crest? I seem to get ambushed by the Dark Magus Sisters. :/

you still can, don't try to get through main entrance, if I remember correctly there is small part of Mushroom road you can enter from somewhere, can't say I remember from where, though, maybe someone who's doing that now will tell.

OmegaDL50

Instead of taking the Mi'ihen Highroad and traveling north to Mushroom Rock Road, Using the Airship go straight to Djose Highroad (you should be near the wreckage, with some crates near by you can climb) use these and go south and you won't run into the Summoners.

RPGCrazied

you still can, don't try to get through main entrance, if I remember correctly there is small part of Mushroom road you can enter from somewhere, can't say I remember from where, though, maybe someone who's doing that now will tell.

Instead of taking the Mi'ihen Highroad and traveling north to Mushroom Rock Road, Using the Airship go straight to Djose Highroad (you should be near the wreckage, with some crates near by you can climb) use these and go south and you won't run into the Summoners.

Thank you guys! Don't think I have the patience to grind high enough to fight these. Dark Valefor, the easy one? Was doing 9999 a hit. I can't imagine the others.

Top Bottom