• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

DPtheGod

Hey guys, I can't remember, what do you get in
the Thunder Plains when you do the "puzzle" with all of the statues? And, is it possible to come back to later? I just left Guadosalam to go find Seymour at the temple and discover the shocking revelation he killed his pops, dun dun dun!

Late but ordered !
Along with an imported black/khaki Vita Slim.
Was trying to hold out for the Borderlands 2 Vita bundle but what the hell, late birthday present to myself.

also tired of feeling left out seeing this thread everytime I browse Gaf.

Best Ifrit Design in X imo.

Levyne

Banned
Hey guys, I can't remember, what do you get in
the Thunder Plains when you do the "puzzle" with all of the statues? And, is it possible to come back to later? I just left Guadosalam to go find Seymour at the temple and discover the shocking revelation he killed his pops, dun dun dun!

Arent the statue puzzles in X-2?

Flandy

WELP. Just ran into my first Dark Aeon while capturing fiends. Ran into the Dark Magus Sisters and they hit me for 99,999 damage several times in a row ;___;

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So many times in the Luca match I've seen my guys tackle for (edit: not less than, lol) half of their value, while the Goers seemingly get their full tackle value every time.

I know the range is 50-150%, but geez, the RNG gods must hate me.

Last game went into double overtime, but you can't get Tidus back in to get another Jecht shot off. :/

So playing with the Expert Sphere, and you can get Haste before the second temple.

megusta.jpg

ramyeon

Man, fuck Confuse in this game. I was trying to capture Floating Deaths and after spending ages trying to find them I encounter another, the enemies it's with also use confuse so my whole party is under in one turn. Then I get to watch as they kill each other. Not fun.

Were the "Extract Mana/Power/Speed/Abilities" things in the NA version of FFX? I really don't recall them. I remember always being desperate for Ability spheres early in the game, but with Extract Ability, it's not a problem at all.

Levyne

Banned
Holy shit. I cannot do anything right now because my party is so weak. Can't go inside Sin, can't fuck around Omega. I'm going to fuck around Zanarkand Ruins and get enough money for Yojimbo and then try to get Anima.

Any tips on getting my party up to speed?

If you don't remember and you always had a problem with ability spheres, there's your answer. ;)

You could try cactuars in the desert, they give lots of ap.

Does Wakka become good in Blitzball? Right now he seems really underleveled, partly because I've basically been Jecht shotting all my goals haha.

pariah164

Just won the Sphere Break tournament against
Shinra.
First time, no retries. Feels good, man. Sphere Break > Blitzball

Lady Luck sphere GET.

Holy shit. I cannot do anything right now because my party is so weak. Can't go inside Sin, can't fuck around Omega. I'm going to fuck around Zanarkand Ruins and get enough money for Yojimbo and then try to get Anima.

Any tips on getting my party up to speed?

If you've captured the right amount of monsters, you can go for the Don Tonberry AP trick.

Welcome to the International Edition.

It seems a little excessive. FF7 Emerald and Ruby Weapons were tough too, but it was so much quicker to level in that game. Getting to the point where you could reliably beat the Dark Aeons seems like a much bigger time commitment than even Yiazmat in FF12, but I guess that fight is more of a test of patience than anything else.

In other news, I really hope Square makes FF12 HD.

I didn't get Jecht Shot on the SS Winno, have I missed it for good?
How can I learn it now?

I hate Blitzball. The AI is obliterating me. Who are some good players to buy in early on in the game? I'm at Guadosalam.

Vashetti

Banned
deleted my fucking save accidentally

why is that option in the vita menu fuck

and oh look the piece of shit didn't even upload my save prior because FUCK YOU YOU DIDN'T HIT THE TICKBOX IN THE CLOUD SAVE SETTINGS

WHY ISN'T IT ON BY DEFAULT

FUCK

Levyne

Banned
I didn't get Jecht Shot on the SS Winno, have I missed it for good?
How can I learn it now?

I hate Blitzball. The AI is obliterating me. Who are some good players to buy in early on in the game? I'm at Guadosalam.

You can go back to it once you have the airship (or maybe you can even backtrack to it earlier, on foot)

and oh look the piece of shit didn't even upload my save prior because FUCK YOU YOU DIDN'T HIT THE TICKBOX IN THE CLOUD SAVE SETTINGS

FUCK
How many hours did you put in?

One last Blitzball question. I have to one more league match before a tournament appears. If I save before the match, play the game and then the tournament doesn't have a prize I want can I just reload the save and re-do the league match to get a new reward? I'm assuming so but I don't want to waste more time than this mini-game already takes.

I'm grinding on the hallway before
Seymour 2 in Bevelle
and I almost have all my characters stuck behind level 3 locks on their paths on the Sphere Grid. I think I'm pretty overleveled at this point in the game. Did I miss any level 3 spheres or am I seriously stuck until I get some?

Holmes

FUCK
Oh no, I'm so sad. :(

Holmes

Getting Magic Spheres sucks, even using Anima.
Yeah, I literally just did that. Using Haste and bouncing Slow off yourself helps a bit. I have a ton of Ironclad fights to do next but first I'm going to have everyone catch up and activate all the new stat spheres that I just placed onto the grid.

XJF

Yeah, I literally just did that. Using Haste and bouncing Slow off yourself helps a bit. I have a ton of Ironclad fights to do next but first I'm going to have everyone catch up and activate all the new stat spheres that I just placed onto the grid.

That's what I've been doing. Only need one more

Levyne

Banned
Middle of Ironclad right now. Zzzzz

In any other game this amount of grinding would be inexcusable. I'm actually, truly unsure why I put up with it here. It's so boring and yet not unfun.

Falk

that puzzling face
zcNP3oY.jpg

^lol

FUCK

Holy shit :(

Shahed

isn't it better to give Yojimbo more money than he asks? Can't remember what it is, but I recall he gives a reward for doubling his money or something, and is also more likely to use Zanmoto. Could be wrong though

isn't it better to give Yojimbo more money than he asks? Can't remember what it is, but I recall he gives a reward for doubling his money or something, and is also more likely to use Zanmoto. Could be wrong though

You get 2 Teleport Spheres if you triple his asking price. Works even after you've haggled his asking price down :D

Falk

that puzzling face
Where do I get items for triple overdrive for don tonberry Ap trick?

You have enough items from Monster Arena rewards to make ~3 of them. The rest you'd get by farming Ultima Buster which requires you to power up a few characters with that first three.

edit: First 'tier' is to farm One Eye actually, not Ultima Buster.

Holmes

Where do I get items for triple overdrive for don tonberry Ap trick?
Fight One Eye in the Monster Arena. It's a Species Conquest fiend. Gotta capture either 4 or 5 of every floating eyeball fiend, including the one that appears in Omega Ruins. It drops weapons with Triple AP and 2 or 3 slots.

XJF

You have enough items from Monster Arena rewards to make ~3 of them. The rest you'd get by farming Ultima Buster which requires you to power up a few characters with that first three.

If you're loaded you can get about 15 Winning Formulas by bribing Sand Worms with 900K Gil. So 1.8M for each character

Holmes

Even with Gillionaire in the Omega Ruins, 1.8 million per character seems a little steep. I can get 49 sphere levels per character using the Don Tonberry trick, so it just takes two battles instead of one to get to 99 (technically 98). It's fine.

XJF

Even with Gillionaire in the Omega Ruins, 1.8 million per character seems a little steep. I can get 49 sphere levels per character using the Don Tonberry trick, so it just takes two battles instead of one to get to 99 (technically 98). It's fine.

I use SOS Overdrive on everyone except my main 3, just have to kill them and use a phoenix down on them before starting.

Top Bottom