• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Whogie

MgDGi8I.jpg

Scanned my collector's edition so it wouldn't stick out so much on the shelf. The aspect ratio of the collector's case isn't the same as a normal PS3 case, so I cut off the logos.

You get 99 Door to Tomorrows by completing a few areas in monster collecting, and 10 of those turn into Overdrive > AP on a weapon (which are honestly the only ability you need). Double/Triple AP isn't needed, but obviously makes the process faster.

ZeroX03

Banned
You get 99 Door to Tomorrows by completing a few areas in monster collecting, and 10 of those turn into Overdrive > AP on a weapon (which are honestly the only ability you need). Double/Triple AP isn't needed, but obviously makes the process faster.

It's much easier to get the Double stuff than the Triple, you get the items from just Arena stuff IIRC.

Overdrive -> AP
Double Overdrive
Double AP

Plus an Auto-Haste item on the person with the weapon and an Auto-Phoenix on someone else. Gets 40-50 sphere levels for a couple of minutes fighting Don Tonberry. Good enough really. Probably best to do it on Wakka since he's the easiest person to cheese the optional bosses with, though Tidus might be faster for some people because he has high kills. Probably best to use the Double build on Wakka so he gets strong enough to take out One Eye, then use him to farm the Triple AP weapons.

molnizzle

and oh look the piece of shit didn't even upload my save prior because FUCK YOU YOU DIDN'T HIT THE TICKBOX IN THE CLOUD SAVE SETTINGS

WHY ISN'T IT ON BY DEFAULT

FUCK

Yeah this blows my mind. Why isn't the default setting to always backup all saves? Shit makes no sense.

All i have to grind for now are luck and Fortune spheres... This. is. gonna. blow

"No really guys, FFX is fun!"

FFXII HD plz announce

Manu

Forgot to get the sun crest before leaving
yunalescas room
and now I have to face dark bahamut to get it.

Ha
Ha
Ha...ha...

Not if you saved right outside the room.

I've beat Geosgaeno three times now and he hasn't dropped a single weapon. And twice now I've killed him struggling to get out when he swallows me so he wiped my whole party. Stupid fight.

EDIT: Make that four times.

Not if you saved right outside the room.

I've beat Geosgaeno three times now and he hasn't dropped a single weapon. And twice now I've killed him struggling to get out when he swallows me so he wiped my whole party. Stupid fight.

I did.

10 hours ago.

braves01

Banned
The story/characters in this game are really bad coming off P4G, and way worse than I remembered as a kid from over a decade ago. Fortunately, the battles, music, and graphics are superb so far. I *think* this might be the best looking game on Vita, but I haven't played Killzone yet, so I'm hesitant to say for certain.

Despite the bad rep the game got when it came out, I'm also actually really excited to play FFX-2, which as far as I know, is just more FFX type battles with a sillier story. I just finished
Yuna's marriage
in FFX, can anyone tell me roughly how many hours I have left? I got to the
Calm lands
back in the day, but gave up there abouts.

ZeroX03

Banned
All i have to grind for now are luck and Fortune spheres... This. is. gonna. blow

Vita + TV shows = sphere grinding.

I just farmed Ghosts (Cavern of the Stolen Fayth) in the Monster Arena. Much lower drop rate, but you can fight them infinitely, no restarting and much faster.

Uh, I missed primer XX. I have an older save where I can get it, but my current save is when I just got the airship. Where's the next compilation sphere? If I get how it works, if I use the compilation sphere on my current save to load the older save where I get XX, the current save will have the primer I missed?

ZeroX03

Banned
Uh, I missed primer XX. I have an older save where I can get it, but my current save is when I just got the airship. Where's the next compilation sphere? If I get how it works, if I use the compilation sphere on my current save to load the older save where I get XX, the current save will have the primer I missed?

There's a compilation sphere on the airship. You can use the older save, according to people in this thread.

Ourobolus

Banned
Well, got all in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth except for 5 Tonberries. I'll come back later for those.

Seymour Flux was easy though. Time to capture all of Mt Gagazet!

XJF

Well, got all in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth except for 5 Tonberries. I'll come back later for those.

Seymour Flux was easy though. Time to capture all of Mt Gagazet!

When you first go into the cavern, go right, follow up to the first big room after entrance, Go up to the T-bone junction. Go right to dead end large room. I got all my Tonberries in there in under 30 minutes

Ourobolus

Banned
When you first go into the cavern, go right, follow up to the first big room after entrance, Go up to the T-bone junction. Go right to dead end large room. I got all my Tonberries in there in under 30 minutes
Like I said before last page, I did this - RNG hates me.

Aurizen

deleted my fucking save accidentally

why is that option in the vita menu fuck

and oh look the piece of shit didn't even upload my save prior because FUCK YOU YOU DIDN'T HIT THE TICKBOX IN THE CLOUD SAVE SETTINGS

WHY ISN'T IT ON BY DEFAULT

FUCK

sorry for your loss :(

ZeroX03

Banned
That never worked for me. I was pretty lucky with Tonberry (and Master) encounter rates though, Ghost was much harder.

XJF

Like I said before last page, I did this - RNG hates me.

That sucks man...

I'm gonna have to make a whole extra set of ultimate armor for my main 3 with Deathproof just to make farming these damn fortune spheres easier... Sigh... At least the only things I have to bribe for are the Chocobo Wings for Auto-Haste.

That never worked for me. I was pretty lucky with Tonberry (and Master) encounter rates though, Ghost was much harder.
Ghosts appear in the same areas as tonberries, and statistically at the same rate. Half that rate in non-tonberry areas. That's just bad luck... :-(

I did hace trouble finding Ogres in the Calm Lands for a while lol

Arena Question: Are the giant swords by the entrance of the Arena remnants of previous
Final Aeons?

OmegaDL50

I honestly think Extract Luck should have existed. Only it be locked behind four level 4 Key spheres like Ultima and Flare are.

I mean this grinding of Earth Eater is starting to become a chore

XJF

I honestly think Extract Luck should have existed. Only it be locked behind four level 4 Key spheres like Ultima and Flare are.

I mean this grinding of Earth Eater is starting to become a chore

You have a quick method for killing Greater Sphere? It countering with Ultima every hit takes forever. Even tried Doublecasting Ultima on it, at 255 Magic, only does like 65K each. Extra animation time isn't worth the extra 30K damge

About to say fuck it and just try to Zanmato Penance. All the times I'll have to reload until he does it might just be faster lol Then I can just drop some bullshit easy to get sphere like Magic Defense all around the grid to "complete" it...

alice

Just bought for Vita... so many feels in the opening sequence! Looking forward to playing again... and with the addition of trophies, maybe I will actually dodge all that lightning this time?

HeelPower

Via purifico music is terrific.Its really a great master piece.

I wish the game would let you make anyone of the cast your avatar and not just Tidus.
Obviously its possible since they let you control yuna and everyone has their own running and walking animations.Oh well

OmegaDL50

You have a quick method for killing Greater Sphere? It countering with Ultima every hit takes forever. Even tried Doublecasting Ultima on it, at 255 Magic, only does like 65K each. Extra animation time isn't worth the extra 30K damge

About to say fuck it and just try to Zanmato Penance. All the times I'll have to reload until he does it might just be faster lol Then I can just drop some bullshit easy to get sphere like Magic Defense all around the grid to "complete" it...

Tidus's and Wakka's Overdrives, Blitz Ace and Attack Slots respectively, can hasten the battle significantly. For every Overdrive the Greater Sphere survives it will counter with its physical attack, Hydraulic Press instead of using Ultima.

What I do is basically have three characters with full OD's, Have Wakka use Attack Reels, then Tidus will Entrust to Wakka, so he can do it again. It doesn't take me anymore then 3 to 4 Attack Reels to finish the Greater Sphere.

XJF

Tidus's and Wakka's Overdrives, Blitz Ace and Attack Slots respectively, can hasten the battle significantly. For every Overdrive the Greater Sphere survives it will counter with its physical attack, Hydraulic Press instead of using Ultima.

What I do is basically have three characters with full OD's, Have Wakka use Attack Reels, then Tidus will Entrust to Wakka, so he can do it again. It doesn't take me anymore then 3 to 4 Attack Reels to finish the Greater Sphere.

Doesn't feel like the most time efficient way to get up all those overdrives though..

OmegaDL50

Doesn't feel like the most time efficient way to get up all those overdrives though..

I use the Warrior or Slayer Overdrive mode most of the time. On the field on the Calm Lands with the Celestial weapons, a standard hit usually gets me 40% of a gauge filled, killing two fiends with a critical maxes it. I usually always have Wakka, Tidus, and Auron's OD's maxed at all times since they are my go-to party since I crafted my Ultimate Armors for them first before everyone else so that is why I've been using them.

XJF

So what exactly is the most efficient way of getting Fortune Spheres?

There are 4 in chests throughout the game. Outside of that they are dropped by Earth Eater in the Arena. You get 2 of them for an OverKill. Not exactly a quick battle though. He counters every attack on him with an attack that has Deathstrike. Come prepared with Auto-Phoenix or an armor that has Deathproof

OmegaDL50

I'm so bad using Attack Reels.

I've found a pattern I've been using to get a guaranteed twelve hits every time.

When the reels start, wait 1.5 seconds, hit the button, another 1.5 hit the button, and 1.5 again. The reels setup is not random and has the same order every single time.

I've found that each "2 Hit Reel" is rather quick to trigger when you hit the buttons almost immediately instead of running the clock and hoping for the best.

Also more time on the clock means bonus damage, so I usually always have a 75k to 99k per hit doing my method in using Attack Reels.

I am actually glad they didn't change the reel timing in the Int. edition. In fact I rely on it almost constantly. It would have totally screwed me if Square-Enix decided to "change" things up for the Int. release.

This is one thing I'm grateful for.

braves01

Banned
I'm curious...do Tidus' overdrives have a little input lag on the PS3 as well, or is it only a Vita phenomenon? It took me a little a while to get the timing down, but you definitely need to hit X before it's in the window.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm curious...do Tidus' overdrives have a little input lag on the PS3 as well, or is it only a Vita phenomenon? It took me a little a while to get the timing down, but you definitely need to hit X before it's in the window.

I haven't noticed any of the input lag on either PS3 or Vita. Tidus' overdrives are perfectly fine, I rarely miss Wakka's reels and I could do lightning dodges on reaction. Pressing early in anticipation of input lag has always screwed me up more than helping.

Levyne

Banned
I've played on two tvs and one has more lag than the other. I have a larger Samsung LCD and a smaller Insignia LED, which gets less lag I think. Both are set to "gaming mode" which is supposed to minimize it, but I guess there are some tricks, such as making it think the input is a PC or something. It doesn't bother me that much to randomly rename inputs, though.

Just saying it seems to really depend on the display, which I guess is obvious...

ZeroX03

Banned
I've played on two tvs and one has more lag than the other. I have a larger Samsung LCD and a smaller Insignia LED, which gets less lag I think. Both are set to "gaming mode" which is supposed to minimize it, but I guess there are some tricks, such as making it think the input is a PC or something. It doesn't bother me that much to randomly rename inputs, though.

Just saying it seems to really depend on the display, which I guess is obvious...

I'm using a gaming monitor - because input lag is a problem in fighting games - with no issues. I don't think the input lag is on FFX's end, though people have the issue on Vita is a little baffling.

GenoScreams

Neo Member
You can literally mash X and get the first two 2s in attack reels. For the third one I find it easier to judge when to press X by the location of the 1, i.e. when it hits the very bottom of the slot.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Finally got my Luca Goers win. Still don't understand the defensive AI movements sometimes.

I think the expert grid might have been a bit of an error, given that I rushed getting Yuna and Lulu Lancet just in case, which has thus far been completely unnecessary with the close proximity of save spheres, and am now underlevelled for the Belgemine fight.

Time to grind on the highroad for a while, I guess.

Jeels

Just left Luca and decided to play some Blitz to get Wakkas attack reels. Last round is the psyches. Impossible at this stage. Their catcher has 19 defense which is.as high as tidus gets with the jecht shot. Should I just lose this and hope I dont play them the next time? hold off on the match until I can get better players?

Levyne

Banned
Just left Luca and decided to play some Blitz to get Wakkas attack reels. Last round is the psyches. Impossible at this stage. Their catcher has 19 defense which is.as high as tidus gets with the jecht shot. Should I just lose this and hope I dont play them the next time? hold off on the match until I can get better players?

You could try sphere shot, or hope the RNG blesses you. Wedge with Venom shot usually out-ranked Nimrook's catch for me as well, and you can get him in Luca.

ZeroX03

Banned
You could try sphere shot, or hope the RNG blesses you. Wedge with Venom shot usually out-ranked Nimrook's catch for me as well, and you can get him in Luca.

Yeah Wedge should do it, otherwise level up Tidus in an exhibition match or something first. You can still score if your shot is equal to the goalie's catch (or slightly lower I think).

OmegaDL50

There is apparently a 50% to 150% involved in factoring stats in blitzball apparently.

So 19 vs 19

The 19 could go as low as 17, or scale as high as a 21..You could make the shot, and with a margin of 2 to 3 points can make the score if the RNG favors you.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
got tidus and yunas celstial weapons. now grinding blitzball for wakkas reels and sigil :(

Blitzball is next on my list.

Butterflies, check
Stupid Chocobos, check
Lightning Dodging, check (and quite easy with that crater)

Top Bottom