• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Korezo

Is there no way to get Auron's Mar's Crest? I seem to get ambushed by the Dark Magus Sisters. :/

They sure didn't make these things really optional. lol

You can walk by them if you stick to the corner. That's what I did when I had to get passed them for Aurons weapon.

Vitanimus

Managed to get 0:0:0 on my third try or so... then ambushed my a Malboro. Game Over. Didn't save.
jb0xDVehqoMlB.png

Tried it again, and got it on my second try. I remembered this being a lot harder... not looking forward to lightning dodging. Oh well, gotta slog through Mt. Gagazet now.

Holmes

Heheh, Kottos' counterattack only hurts my 255 defense Auron for about 600 damage. I've been clearing a butt load of nodes, Wakka only has 818 HP.

Holmes

Argh, the thing about 99 sphere levels. Accidentally pressing the D-pad one too many times and going onto the wrong node, then pressing X. Took Wakka about 30 seconds to get to where I didn't want him to go. Annoying.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Argh, the thing about 99 sphere levels. Accidentally pressing the D-pad one too many times and going onto the wrong node, then pressing X. Took Wakka about 30 seconds to get to where I didn't want him to go. Annoying.

Yeah, but at least it has a confirmation afterwards, hehe.

OmegaDL50

For those trying to get the Sphere Grid trophies, I can confirm with absolute certainly that filling in all of the paths in a characters color does not achieve this goal.

I've removed all of the Key locks and had Auron walk on every possible path on the Expert Grid.

I'll make the safe assumption in that to do the Sphere Grid trophies requires you to fill in every single empty node and activate the entire thing.

Good Luck for those trying to accomplish this.

Falk

that puzzling face
It didn't work for me, and I tried. I still usded to get into chasing minigame inspite of what I was doing, and we all know how that ends.

edited: oh you are talking about 10 of each monsters! ya, I think that's doable, from other spot, I was talking about getting to Jecht sphere.

No, you need to go INTO Mushroom Rock for Garudas, don't you?

I think we're talking about different states here. Before the two NPCs 'activate' and become hostile, resulting in the chase sequence whenever you get on that screen, the NPCs are simply a woman (Belgemine model) and child talking to each other. If you stay well clear of them the Aeon cutscene doesn't trigger.

Huh, when did the others realise what happened to Jecht? I must have missed that part.

Are you talking about the other party members? Auron knew all along (obviously) and Tidus talks about it
after the battle with Seymour at
Mt Gagazet. Wakka goes "then your dad... Chappu..." etc

Levyne

Banned
For some reason I am killing D Valefor over and over again for Ribbon Armor, even though I know it would be easier with Yojimbo later.

So are the blitzball tournament rewards completely random? There's no way I haven't involved Wakka in 450 battles. Also when I get within one game of Nimhook or whatever his name is having his contract expire should I just save beforehand and reset until I can sign him? He's the only reason I'm not just destroying every team.

yophlow

Banned
Hey folks! Just picked up X/X-2 in the US, but I have an Australian PSN account. Does that mean my download code for X-2 won't work?

And if that is the case, anyone out there want a US code who can do swapsies for an EU/AUS one?

Falk

that puzzling face
Also when I get within one game of Nimhook or whatever his name is having his contract expire should I just save beforehand and reset until I can sign him? He's the only reason I'm not just destroying every team.

When you get within a few games you can spam+cancel exhibition matches against Psyches and soft reset to make Nimrook bail.

So I finally got the airship and I'm backtracking now. Got
Anima
, found
Yojimbo (but have to get past the gil)
. I was missing 3 Al Bhed primers and found 2 of them, just have to find that last one! But dammit I don't have enough players to play Blitzball right now.

Again I'm doing everything without a guide or help of any kind so I wonder how far I'll get with the extras in this game.

hemo memo

You can't die before your death
Hey folks! Just picked up X/X-2 in the US, but I have an Australian PSN account. Does that mean my download code for X-2 won't work?

And if that is the case, anyone out there want a US code who can do swapsies for an EU/AUS one?

it will not work :/ just like mine, i bought the US version and i have the EU version, i even posted here for help, and also contacted support to see if they can help but received the expected answer. i found someone on another forum with the same problem and we swap codes.

try Wario64 on Twitter to retweet and maybe you find someone.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. I can kill Dark Yojimbo okay, but I think I'll want to finish maxing out stats to make it an easier time.

Back to the arena!

SirNinja

I paid him 100k to one shot a boss, though he wouldn't use it against Dark Valefor for some reason.

There are a lot of factors governing whether or not Yojimbo will use Zanmato. The gil you pay him is just one part of it; others include a hidden 'compatibility' level, a hidden 'Zanmato reistance' level which all foes have (which decreases the likelihood he'll use it), as well as good old random chance.

Several FAQs have made an attempt to figure the whole thing out. This is one of the better ones, if you're interested. The TL;DR version: don't ever let Yoj die, always pay him at least 1024 gil, don't Dismiss him before he can act, and always keep his Overdrive gauge full.

So I found out by chance the Cloud takes your 5 most recent saves and allows you to sync it that way. No clue how to delete a save from the PS3 version. Oh well, I could use multiple saves in case.

GenoScreams

Neo Member
I have Tidus equipped with his celestial right now (3x overdrive) and Slayer overdrive mode. When I kill a mechanical enemy my gauge fills up about 60% (guides say slayer fills up 20%, 20x3 = 60 so that makes sense), but when I kill these human/zombie guys my overdrive fills up completely. How come?

Aurizen

I'm about halfway through stat maxing and figured I'd take out the easy ones. I'm back at the arena now, though,

oh wow, its time consuming for me I zanmato Dark Valefor just because I need the last jecht sphere. I'm training a bit and then I'll go finish off.

Anyone know if the NG glitch work on FFX HD?

Do you have primers 19-22?

Me? Yes, I'm just missing 26.

And on my journey to try and find 26 ran into
Dark Bahamut
accidentally and um what the heeeeeeeell! I'll save him for later. But man, I had just realized about a half hour ago that I had a halberd with the "no encounters" auto-ability and so now my Al Bhed search becomes far more bearable, not to mention exploring in general. I'm not one to complain about random encounters, but man are FFX's frequent!

Me? Yes, I'm just missing 26.

And on my journey to try and find 26 ran into
Dark Bahamut
accidentally and um what the heeeeeeeell! I'll save him for later. But man, I had just realized about a half hour ago that I had a halberd with the "no encounters" auto-ability and so now my Al Bhed search becomes far more bearable, not to mention exploring in general. I'm not one to complain about random encounters, but man are FFX's frequent!

Indeed, FFX encounter rate is so stupidly high. People complain about Quest 64. At least you can easily flee in Quest 64.

What's a good estimate on gil that I'm gonna need to Zanmato Dark Bahamut? I forgot about Tidus' Celestial item after beating Yunalesca, and didn't realize it until I had already saved numerous times.

Top Bottom