• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

B.K.

Getting all five chests in the Remiem Temple Chocobo race seems impossible. By the time I get to the third chest, the other Chocobo is finished.

XJF

Just terrorized Dark Ixion. All these aeons having a counterattack is starting to get annoying though.

Seeing Seymour kiss Yuna boils my blood. Not being able to kill Mika and Kinoc yourself is also annoying.

They really should have been optional bosses or something.

OmegaDL50

Seeing Seymour kiss Yuna boils my blood. Not being able to kill Mika and Kinoc yourself is also annoying.

They really should have been optional bosses or something.

Nah I think the fact that
Mika as an unsent rage quitting himself into the Farplane because you took down Yunalesca is more then enough worthwhile.

To think he was so single-mindedly devoted in thinking that the
Final Aeon was the one and only possible answer to stopping Sin
and trying some alternative method is enjoyable irony when in fact Tidus / Yuna and co, manage to do just that.

Just think
Mika isn't around for the celebration
because of his own rash and hasty decision, is pleasing to me.

As for
Kinoc
, well he basically
died like a dog anyways

If you haven't played FFX-2 yet, don't read the spoiler to the right. -
You get your wish, Both Mika and Kinoc being unproperly unsended and become fiends and powerful bosses in the Via Infinico.

Getting all five chests in the Remiem Temple Chocobo race seems impossible. By the time I get to the third chest, the other Chocobo is finished.

Yeah I can only get 3 chests and win so far. That's the best I can do. It's pretty obvious it's something with the order in which you get them, I would think, as there is one that puts you almost at the end, but even then I still have trouble getting more than 3 chests. It also doesn't help that the camera panning and locking your direction of movement screws up your speed.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

It's not too bad, you have to follow the right path and stay in the middle as much as possible as grinding against the wall slows you down; refer to this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyamu6xg0H4

However, as a commenter, and neogaffer said, make sure you take the second ramp to chest number 5, instead of the first, it saves precious time. Lastly, the AI sometimes is faster then other times, after a few tries you will discover, based on where the ai is, if he is on a 40 second pace, or a 35. I'm not sure it's possible to win when the ai is on the faster pace.

Edit: Far less frustrating then the Chocobo catcher, which almost had me rage quit. There is a level of skill involved, and the only random element is the AI time.

OmegaDL50

I swear these Lizard fiends have the lowest possible spawn rate of all of the fiends in the game.

Except for Zaurus in the
Omega Ruins
. Fuck Zaurus for running into him 500 times.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's interesting, the Warrior overdrive gauge doesn't raise from damage caused by an OD, but the Slayer gauge does rise from killing enemies with an OD. With a weapon with Double Overdrive, you just fight three or more enemies at once, use Energy Rain with Tidus and they all die and you instantly get your overdrive back. That was an easy 10 minute Blitz Ace.

So, I want to do some blitzball grinding, but I can't seem to get Wakka's attack reels to show up as the prize. I've tried soft resetting about a dozen times with no luck. The prize changes every time, but it's never the attack reels. Is there some prerequisite for them that I'm not aware of?

OmegaDL50

So, I want to do some blitzball grinding, but I can't seem to get Wakka's attack reels to show up as the prize. I've tried soft resetting about a dozen times with no luck. The prize changes every time, but it's never the attack reels. Is there some prerequisite for them that I'm not aware of?

Wakka needs to have participated in at least 250 to 300 battles (one of the two, I'm unsure of)

Once you do this, the Attack Reels will be a prize for a Blitzball Tournament, not League.

If Attack Reels doesn't show up as a prize, quit the Blitzball menu, and talk to the Save Sphere and go back in, repeat until a new Tournament pops up with Attack Reels as the prize.

Wakka needs to have participated in at least 250 to 300 battles (one of the two, I'm unsure of)

Once you do this, the Attack Reels will be a prize for a Blitzball Tournament, not League.

If Attack Reels doesn't show up as a prize, quit the Blitzball menu, and talk to the Save Sphere and go back in, repeat until a new Tournament pops up with Attack Reels as the prize.

That would be my problem. I remembered it being a league prize, not a tournament.

Thanks for the reply.

pariah164

Finally caught my damn chocobo. I forget just how full of Guide Dang It FFX-2 is. Wanna get 100% on my first try for a change.

EDIT: According to the guide, I'm 1% behind despite following the guide to the letter. ALL MY EFF.

that doesn't say simurgh

I was so pissed when I was hunting for one of those damn things. I got ambushed (which normally isn't a big deal because of the strength difference), and that damn bird attacked Kimahri, the one character who wasn't carrying a capture weapon, but was instead carrying his Spirit Lance which has Evade & Counter.

Hey lightning

suck my baaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllssssss

Jesus christ that was the worst shit ever. At least 3 150+ dodge failures the last 2 days and I had to have dodged at least 300 nonconsecutive ones tonight before I finally got it. Those last 10 dodges had me experiencing the most terror playing a video game in years.

Arthea

Forgot to get the sun crest before leaving
yunalescas room
and now I have to face dark bahamut to get it.

Ha
Ha
Ha...ha...

Talking about that one. My first encounter with darkies was with him, I had no idea that they exist at that time, running into him is one of my fondest gaming memories, that was terrifying, that really was! More terrifying than any horror lol

Flandy

that doesn't say simurgh

lol funnily enough this was the last thing I needed from Djose. I only had 3 of them left to hunt so I didn't realize they were hard to find. Although I did spend quite some time in the Djose area hunting everything else :p. Currently finishing up hunting everything in Macalania. Bikinel is next I suppose

Garuda took me forever to find in the highroad -__-

Falk

that puzzling face
Re: earlier discussion of all the
Auron
foreshadowing:

Holy shit it just struck me why his Celestial powers up inversely compared to everyone else. Low HP vs everyone's high HP/MP

edit: And yes, Fortune Sphere farming sucks. I'm probably going to beat all the optional bosses with only my primary 3 having 255 luck, then rip all the Luck spheres back out and lay down MDEF spheres to get the sphere grid trophy.

I was so pissed when I was hunting for one of those damn things.

My wife got to the road for the first time on this current replay and in her second encounter there was a simurgh. Then in the fourth encounter was another.

(╯°□°)╯︵ x ʎsɐʇuɐɟ lɐuᴉɟ

OmegaDL50

My wife got to the road for the first time on this current replay and in her second encounter there was a simurgh. Then in the fourth encounter was another.

(╯°□°)╯︵ x ʎsɐʇuɐɟ lɐuᴉɟ

Simurgh can be found in the path on the cross roads near the fork on Djose. You'll find them near the armored Chocobo in the sunny / lit-up area.

It's odd how the fiend spawn rate was programmed, but it is what it is.

Simurgh can be found in the path on the cross roads near the fork on Djose. You'll find them near the armored Chocobo in the sunny / lit-up area.

It's odd how the fiend spawn rate was programmed, but it is what it is.

son

listen

this is not my first rodeo

i know the best way to find a simurgh

that does not actually make it fast to do so

son

listen

this is not my first rodeo

i know the best way to find a simurgh

that does not actually make it fast to do so

lmao

I've done quite a bit of catching but I'm not looking forward to catching some of them. I did it all back on the PS2 so I know all too well how much of a ball ache it is

OmegaDL50

lmao

I've done quite a bit of catching but I'm not looking forward to catching some of them. I did it all back on the PS2 so I know all too well how much of a ball ache it is

On the subject of encounter rates. I've found it odd that some areas have higher encounter frequency then others. I mean I've beat FFX on the PS2 (NTSC version) about 4 to 5 times.

My knowledge of additional changes outside the Dark Aeons / Penance / Extract Skills for the Int is limited. Did they also adjust encounter rates?

Because some areas I can walk a good 10 full seconds without triggering a battle, and others it's like all of the fiends that exist constantly want to battle me.

On the subject of encounter rates. I've found it odd that some areas have higher encounter frequency then others. I mean I've beat FFX on the PS2 (NTSC version) about 4 to 5 times.

My knowledge of additional changes outside the Dark Aeons / Penance / Extract Skills for the Int is limited. Did they also adjust encounter rates?

Because some areas I can walk a good 10 full seconds without triggering a battle, and others it's like all of the fiends that exist constantly want to battle me.

I only ever completed the PAL version and I'm not sure if they changed any of the encounter rates. I know what you mean though. Sometimes the encounter rate seems through the roof

I've got a question about Luck/Accuracy/Evasion.

I remember fighting Earth Eater waaay too much in the original game, and have no intention of doing that again. So if I just get 255 Accuracy/Evasion, does anybody know how much Luck I would need for it to be functionally equivalent to the 255 Luck/30 Evasion/0 Accuracy spread many people seem to go for?

Dear God I can't dodge that lightning at all... I would like to believe i have better reflexes but nope :( Are those celestial weapons worth the trouble?

Kura

Banned
Hey lightning

suck my baaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllssssss

Jesus christ that was the worst shit ever. At least 3 150+ dodge failures the last 2 days and I had to have dodged at least 300 nonconsecutive ones tonight before I finally got it. Those last 10 dodges had me experiencing the most terror playing a video game in years.

Congratulations man. You're a champion. Be proud : D

ramyeon

Dear God I can't dodge that lightning at all... I would like to believe i have better reflexes but nope :( Are those celestial weapons worth the trouble?
You don't need good reflexes if you go to the area where you can run around in circles and force lightning strikes. You know when they're coming and you just need to press X when you hit that pit/the screen flashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2PJHqGkNb8

My personal tip is: don't count them. Set yourself a timer for 25 minutes, and just keep doing it until that goes off. You'll get over 200. Alternatively do as I did and set a timer for 5 minutes, do it, then pause and repeat until you reach 25 minutes total. Counting makes it easier to screw up and you get nervous/anxious as the number gets higher.

Arthea

It takes time to get into dodging, don't give up too fast.
They are worth the trouble, unfortunately, that doesn't mean necessary, you can make yourself weapons almost as good... only that's a lot of work too.

OmegaDL50

It takes time to get into dodging, don't give up too fast.
They are worth the trouble, unfortunately, that doesn't mean necessary, you can make yourself weapons almost as good... only that's a lot of work too.

The custom crafted weapons are good, yes. However the Celestial Weapons do have a hidden factor of ignoring defense. (However things like Armored and Slime Body, generally require Armor Break even with a Celestial Weapon oddly)

The custom crafted weapons are good, yes. However the Celestial Weapons do have a hidden factor of ignoring defense. (However things like Armored and Slime Body, generally require Armor Break even with a Celestial Weapon oddly)

I wondered why my Khimari was breaking the shit out of Mimics in Omega dungeon and Auron was just tickling it.

Arthea

not only that, they constantly do more damage than custom made ones, not by much, though, that's why I said they aren't necessary.

OmegaDL50

Alllriiiiiiight!!

I finally took down Dark Valefor.

I also got a niece piece of armor for Wakka too.

Break HP Limit and Ribbon with two empty slots (should I fill them with Auto-Haste and Auto Protect perhaps?)

On to the next Dark Aeon!

HeelPower

The scene in Macalania lake was so touching and beautiful.

The new version of the calm lands music is definitely superior to the old one imo

The game starts to get too emotional from here on out :'(

Arthea

Alllriiiiiiight!!

I finally took down Dark Valefor.

I also got a niece piece of armor for Wakka too.

Break HP Limit and Ribbon with two empty slots (should I fill them with Auto-Haste and Auto Protect perhaps?)

On to the next Dark Aeon!

oh my, that's nice! You haven't got it from your first try, have you?

Top Bottom