• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

TheContact

Wakka is so dumb...regarding
Home
"It's like Happy festival fireworks"..uh
Is this the most insensitive statement a character has said in a video game ever?

I didn't seem to notice this before when it first came out but gat dayam

Wakka is so dumb...regarding
Home
"It's like Happy festival fireworks"..uh
Is this the most insensitive statement a character has said in a video game ever?

I didn't seem to notice this before when it first came out but gat dayam

you can cram your happy festival

Hey, let's not turn this into a Wakka thread, we don't want everyone pulling pictures again.

aI2WnKQ.jpg

Vitanimus

Started the lightning dodges. Always seem to mess up around 60+... Then I had one run where I got to 150, palms sweating and I fuck it up. RAGE.

Aurizen

I wish there was a way to keep track of Tidus overdrive, i feel like I did it 100 times, I want blitz ace, I think thats what its called on here.

MSMrRound

Just to check...regarding Tidus' overdrive, if I have to do it 80 times to get Blitz Ace, does it only register if I manage to pull off that "press X within this area" minigame? E.g just spamming overdrives wouldn't add to the tally right? Only properly executed ones?

Holmes

You can use any of Tidus' overdrives to unlock Blitz Ace, and it doesn't matter if you successfully completed the little minigame or not.

OmegaDL50

Just to check...regarding Tidus' overdrive, if I have to do it 80 times to get Blitz Ace, does it only register if I manage to pull off that "press X within this area" minigame? E.g just spamming overdrives wouldn't add to the tally right? Only properly executed ones?

80 to unlock all of his Overdrives total as from the time you start with Spiral Cut, unlock Slice & Dice, Energy Rain, and Blitz Ace is cumulative.

So basically 10 to unlock Slice and Dice, 30 to unlock Energy Rain, and an additional 40 for Blitz Ace.

At least that is how I remember it.

I'm going to hunt down the people who put detailed butterfly hunt maps on the internet.

Then I'm going to bathe them in the finest chocolate and give a sensual foot massage that transcends physical boundaries. Any sexual wishes will also be fulfilled.

i was _this_ close to hating butterflies forever

I'm going to hunt down the people who put detailed butterfly hunt maps on the internet.

Then I'm going to bathe them in the finest chocolate and give a sensual foot massage that transcends physical boundaries. Any sexual wishes will also be fulfilled.

Can you post a link?

Holmes

Frag Grenade + Blitz Ace + Attack Reels is so killer. It's making HP sphere farming pretty trivial. Trivial, but still very repetitive. I wasn't so good at Attack Reels previously, but now I've pretty much gotten it down to a science. So it's just kill Ironclad, kill a Dingo, kill Ironclad, ad nauseam.

OmegaDL50

I still can't do that game properly. Blitzball for Wakka's Reels and Sigil, okay!

Chocobo Chaser Race, doable...

200 Lightning Dodges, I'll usually get it done....in time.

The Macalania Butterfly Game however? Why haven't I completed this shit yet!!

OmegaDL50

I wish Double Cast let you double cast all magic and not just black magic.

I can see the usefulness of Double Casted Holy, or even Double Casted Auto Life or Curaga.

Oh well.

I still can't do that game properly. Blitzball for Wakka's Reels and Sigil, okay!

Chocobo Chaser Race, doable...

200 Lightning Dodges, I'll usually get it done....in time.

The Macalania Butterfly Game however? Why haven't I completed this shit yet!!

If you use a map online just constantly pause and check it before a group of red butterflies. It tales a few tries but its not too bad. However there is one group of 4 red butterflies near the end of the first map that is literally pure luck to get by unscathed. I actually got caught but got the last blue one with 0.1 seconds left lol

^you may not be running back far enough or, possibly you are running back too far so the lightning doesn't strike.

Beant

I can't get the crater to send lightning at that number frequency. He touches the edge and a bolt comes but that's not happening for me.

make sure to run fully away from the crater before going back in. I went back to the rock to the lower left each time.

Hollycat

If you use a map online just constantly pause and check it before a group of red butterflies. It tales a few tries but its not too bad. However there is one group of 4 red butterflies near the end of the first map that is literally pure luck to get by unscathed. I actually got caught but got the last blue one with 0.1 seconds left lol

I didn't find it hard to do it, The hard part is doing it without touching a single red one to get the best items.

QP3

score! My Vita and FFX made it in the mail today! They were scheduled to not make it until tomorrow so I am pumped.

I played X back in the day, but only got about 30 hours into it. I also played with a guide book. If I play without the guide this time, will I miss a lot of stuff? Are there a few essential miss-ables that I should be aware of? Thanks!

Mesoian

score! My Vita and FFX made it in the mail today! They were scheduled to not make it until tomorrow so I am pumped.

I played X back in the day, but only got about 30 hours into it. I also played with a guide book. If I play without the guide this time, will I miss a lot of stuff? Are there a few essential miss-ables that I should be aware of? Thanks!

I'd say, play without a guide until you hit the calm lands. Then pick one up and start looking for secrets.

clem84

Gold Member
First time I'm crossing the thunder plains and I can't even dodge 1 lightning bolt.

The 200 dodge thing is going to be fun. :)

Saphirax

Four Al-bhed primers are missable - that's about it. It's also suggested you get the Destruction Spheres in every temple, just to avoid having to deal with Dark Aeons later.

The missable primers are found in
Home (three of them) and the last one is in Bevelle right after.

QP3

I'd say, play without a guide until you hit the calm lands. Then pick one up and start looking for secrets.

Four Al-bhed primers are missable - that's about it. It's also suggested you get the Destruction Spheres in every temple, just to avoid having to deal with Dark Aeons later.

The missable primers are found in
Home (three of them) and the last one is in Bevelle right after.

Great, thanks for the tip!

I also remember reading about people paying money to some NPC (?) and then being worried that they didn't pay enough.

Who is this and is it pretty necessary?

Levyne

Banned
Oaka, and no it's not necessary at all, really. Only donate if you plan to buy items from him during the middle part of the game.

OmegaDL50

Oaka, and no it's not necessary at all, really. Only donate if you plan to buy items from him during the middle part of the game.

I don't know if this is a debunked or not. Wasn't if you didn't pay O'aka, Wantz wouldn't show up in Macalania forest at the end of the game, meaning it wasn't possible to buy the blank four slot weapons or armors for full customization?

Well not that this matters. Adamantoise's drop empty four slot gears anyways.

Holmes

I don't know if this is a debunked or not. Wasn't if you didn't pay O'aka, Wantz wouldn't show up in Macalania forest at the end of the game, meaning it wasn't possible to buy the blank four slot weapons or armors for full customization?

Well not that this matters. Adamantoise's drop empty four slot gears anyways.
I didn't pay him and Wantz is there.

pariah164

I just realized something... Maechen is more badass than Auron.

Here's why: (SPOILERS for both games, all the way through)

Maechen has been alive since Zanarkand existed. Over 1000 years ago. The whole time, he got older and older, and even though he forgot he was unsent, he had to defend himself against fiends and such, since he was a traveling scholar. Auron was born after Zanarkand was destroyed, went back thanks to Sin for 10 years, then came back, so really, he's not that old. Therefore, Maechen is more badass than Auron.

Or perhaps better at surviving. Either or.

Audette

I missed the Jecht spere and Valefor's second overdrive in Besaid, it's not going to hinder my dark aeon battling is it? It will just make it take longer to aquire right?

Levyne

Banned
I missed the Jecht spere and Valefor's second overdrive in Besaid, it's not going to hinder my dark aeon battling is it? It will just make it take longer to aquire right?

Yeah you'll just have to go back for it. Not having Auron's final overdrive or Valefor's second isn't going to hinder anything.

However, not having one of the Celestial Weapons could actually be a hindrance, and the
crest
for it is hidden behind a harder Dark Aeon if you miss it.

So make sure you grab the (item)
Sun Crest
behind where you fight (boss)
Yunalesca

Edit: Also, if you're not past Macalania, you could walk back and get those things in Besaid.

I noticed people suggesting putting Kimahri down Tidus/Wakka's path, and while I know there isn't a "right" way to play the game, I don't think having him go down that path is going to be helping you. I sent him down Rikku's path to get Steal/Use, then down Yuna's path for magic boosts/heals. Most of Kimahri's Overdrives are magic-based anyways, so sending him down a physical path is essentially neutering him.

And you've seen his horn, isn't he neutered enough!?

Audette

Yeah you'll just have to go back for it. Not having Auron's final overdrive or Valefor's second isn't going to hinder anything.

However, not having one of the Celestial Weapons could actually be a hindrance, and the
crest
for it is hidden behind a harder Dark Aeon if you miss it.

So make sure you grab the (item)
Sun Crest
behind where you fight (boss)
Yunalesca

Edit: Also, if you're not past Macalania, you could walk back and get those things in Besaid.

Thanks, First time playing with the extra content.
I knew I couldn't get them easily past a point but I had not realized the Macalania was that point.

I must be odd, I had no issue getting the two butterfly item chests. I guess the HD version details the blues much better. The hardest part is figuring out the reds in the second one because you are so far away.
wakka6.jpg

Also, edited for Wakka

I noticed people suggesting putting Kimahri down Tidus/Wakka's path, and while I know there isn't a "right" way to play the game, I don't think having him go down that path is going to be helping you.

And you've seen his horn, isn't he neutered enough!?
See, the way you are playing relies on Overdrives. If that is the case, then you are right. However, his normal attacks are similar to Aaron, so you can go Wakka or Tidus to give him speed. If you are relying on Overdrives, then going the magic paths work. However, normal attacks generally Wakka/Tidus is the way to go. That being said, I did send him to Rikku for Use/Steal, but it was close to his path on Expert. Really Kimahri's best magic is Haste for me, so I go Tidus because honestly Tidus does not get enough MP to use Hastaga every battle.

Edit: Also Kimarhi with Haste means you can steal all the Ronso powers in Mt. Gaz pretty easy.

Finally gonna buy this game after promising myself I had to beat two games in my backlog (MGS and Fez!) which I just did!

It'll be good to revisit these games. FFX I literally got to the point right before the final boss when my ps2 died all those years ago, so maybe I'll actually beat it this time. FFX-2 I think I only put in 9 or 10 hours so maybe I'll get farther in that too.

Looking forward to jumping back in to spits though! FFX was my first RPG and still probably my favorite (if my memory of it holds up)

One more question guys!

I have completed 2 tournaments and few league games in Blizball using only the starter team and won them all pretty easily with the totally OP Jecht Shot. Anyway do the enemies get much harder as the game goes on or can I just keep blitzin with the OG team whole way through? I guess all I really need from the minigame is the Wakka overdrives and celestials anyway.

BTW some of the rewards suck :lol.

Also I saw someone posting a blitz team setup for better team, anyone still got something like that in case I need to upgrade my team? Mostly it's ok as long as I can pass the ball to Tidus but the goalie does suck a bit.

hm is the post-game content worth doing? As in worth doing it instead of starting X-2 or Ys?

Really depends on how much you enjoy playing the game. I would suggest keeping a save before Bevelle handy though because you are not going to want to play through the whole game again. If you are asking if the rewards make a difference to the plot, the answer is no. You can easily beat the game just by running point to point. However, you may want to do a sidequest to get a No Encounter weapon because the rate of random battles gets stupid during end game.

I think he learned their language just to hit on Yuna. That is creepy as heck because I think Yuna has a blood connection to Brother.

They are cousins (he is literally Rikku's brother.) Yuna and Rikku are very aware of how creepy he is, hence why they won't indulge him

Levyne

Banned
hm is the post-game content worth doing? As in worth doing it instead of starting X-2 or Ys?

I would at least see if you could get the optional Aeons. The omega ruins can also be pretty fun to conquer.

Maybe a celestial weapon or two. A lot of the end-game stuff is either minigames or lots of arena battles to max stats, so I understand if you'd want to skip that stuff if you don't care about Dark Aeons or Nemesis or any of the super bosses that are there just to be there to fight.

JimPanzer

Really depends on how much you enjoy playing the game. I would suggest keeping a save before Bevelle handy though because you are not going to want to play through the whole game again. If you are asking if the rewards make a difference to the plot, the answer is no. You can easily beat the game just by running point to point. However, you may want to do a sidequest to get a No Encounter weapon because the rate of random battles gets stupid during end game.

ohh, I just arrived at zanarkand (scene from the intro) and don't have a save before bevelle :O guess that settles it.
I never had the feeling I could go somewhere else up to this point, what have I missed?

Top Bottom