• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Just wondering why people particularly want a no encounter armor.Isn't the purpose to prevent battle anyway ?

Sincere question why armor vs weapon makes a difference in the case of no encounters.

I have no clue honestly. I think it is just different ways to get the same result. If I had to guess Square's reason is that they could not just make weapons. The thought is you have to have an armor to go with a weapon so you have both No Encounter Weapons and Armor.

Edit: Found it!
◾After collecting four of every dragon monster, the Keeper will give the player 99 Purifying Salts, which can be used to customize No Encounters onto an armor. This can be helpful for obtaining the Venus Sigil, which is used to upgrade Lulu's Celestial Weapon

So it is used to get a Celestial Weapon. Interesting!

ZeroX03

Banned
It isn't used specifically for getting a Celestial Weapon, it just advises you have No Encounter because it makes it easier.

I'm grinding on the hallway before
Seymour 2 in Bevelle
and I almost have all my characters stuck behind level 3 locks on their paths on the Sphere Grid. I think I'm pretty overleveled at this point in the game. Did I miss any level 3 spheres or am I seriously stuck until I get some?

I'm grinding on the hallway before
Seymour 2 in Bevelle
and I almost have all my characters stuck behind level 3 locks on their paths on the Sphere Grid. I think I'm pretty overleveled at this point in the game. Did I miss any level 3 spheres or am I seriously stuck until I get some?

Nope, you're pretty much gated at that point.

I have no clue honestly. I think it is just different ways to get the same result. If I had to guess Square's reason is that they could not just make weapons. The thought is you have to have an armor to go with a weapon so you have both No Encounter Weapons and Armor.

Edit: Found it!
◾After collecting four of every dragon monster, the Keeper will give the player 99 Purifying Salts, which can be used to customize No Encounters onto an armor. This can be helpful for obtaining the Venus Sigil, which is used to upgrade Lulu's Celestial Weapon

So it is used to get a Celestial Weapon. Interesting!

Well that still doesn't explain why people care about weapon vs armor lol.

Cheddahz

Banned
I finally got around to starting Final Fantasy X last night and the remastered tracks are bothering me more than I thought they would

Levyne

Banned
What's the difference between the two?

Expert grid has a lot more branching paths, every 7 or so nodes it feels like you have a choice about "where to send" somebody. Where the standard grid is more straightforward with only a few dead-ends you can fill out on the way, until endgame.

So expert allows you an extra degree of freedom, which it comes to progression.

Guys what should I do with Rikku and Kimahri?

Rikku has pretty weak attack so I guess I should be throwing stuff at enemies, but how do I get enough of throwing items? Can I buy them at some point?

Kimahri... hmmm his sphere seems to have ended... and now I don't have a choice but to go after somebody elses sphere. So whose grid should I "invade" :)

Well that still doesn't explain why people care about weapon vs armor lol.
Pretty much. It may just be an odd OCD thing the developers had. I would be fine for no option to add No Encounter ability to armor. Obviously Square felt different.

Also, I have been playing with the two grids. Standard is what came with the original game. It is very stat heavy at the start, and you get moves later on. Expert changes what spheres you get from battle. It also moves abilities to the front and does not give much stat upgrades compared to the Standard. So you will learn Haste and Reflect faster, but have an overall weaker character. Hence why it is called Expert. Really it is up to you because filling the grid will give you the same end result. It is just arranged differently.

Guys what should I do with Rikku and Kimahri?

Rikku has pretty weak attack so I guess I should be throwing stuff at enemies, but how do I get enough of throwing items? Can I buy them at some point?

Kimahri... hmmm his sphere seems to have ended... and now I don't have a choice but to go after somebody elses sphere. So whose grid should I "invade" :)
Put Kimahri on Tidus path. It really makes him a powerful fast fighter with Pierce. It is like mixing Auron and Tidus.

As for Rikku, you have to rely on her Steal/Use technique. Most random fights you want to Steal. If you are avoiding fights, Rikku can generally steal before Tidus flees. Rikku is best used as a support character because her items give you the same buffs as Yuna. Offensive items give you the same magic damage as Lulu. So yeah, do not attack as Rikku. Steal and then use the special items. Only Rikku can use these items. Al Bhed Potions will save your butt during Bevelle.

hemo memo

You can't die before your death
Expert grid has a lot more branching paths, every 7 or so nodes it feels like you have a choice about "where to send" somebody. Where the standard grid is more straightforward with only a few dead-ends you can fill out on the way, until endgame.

So expert allows you an extra degree of freedom, which it comes to progression.

Can i change it mid-game or i need to start over?

Can i change it mid-game or i need to start over?
You cannot really change. Although really it does not matter in the long run. Technically you can beat the game without using the Sphere Grid at all. Really I find Expert is useful because it is nice getting Haste so early. Who needs stats when I can attack twice?

Hyunkel6

There's a dark aeon blocking the path to Besaid, and I need the destruction sphere from the temple. There's no way to avoid the aeon, right? That monster is wiping my party in its first turn.

There's a dark aeon blocking the path to Besaid, and I need the destruction sphere from the temple. There's no way to avoid the aeon, right? That monster is wiping my party in its first turn.

Pretty much. The Dark Aeons block the path of the temple. They were added for the INT release. So you have to restart. Although the prize in Besaid isn't that great in the end.

Yojimbo it if you don't fancy grinding to win. But yeah, there's no way round it.

Go get Yojimbo, pay him a bunch of money and hope that he Zanmotos on the first attack. That's what I did and I was lucky enough to nab a piece of armor with ribbon on it for Tidus.

where did chocobo lady in the calm lands go?

I've been standing in the northwest spot she usually hangs out at for like 15 minutes with no sign of her.

I already beat all her races and got the sigil, but I'm assuming I have to beat her again to make that guy move out of my way?

Levyne

Banned
where did chocobo lady in the calm lands go?

I've been standing in the northwest spot she usually hangs out at for like 15 minutes with no sign of her.

I already beat all her races and got the sigil, but I'm assuming I have to beat her again to make that guy move out of my way?

If you airship in, she's just south and slightly west of the central save sphere.

I missed a Lv.4 Key Sphere in Home, have I done goofed and should reload or doesn't it really matter for completing the Sphere Grid 100%? I'm playing on expert.

Levyne

Banned
I missed a Lv.4 Key Sphere in Home, have I done goofed and should reload or doesn't it really matter for completing the Sphere Grid 100%? I'm playing on expert.

They aren't limited in the long run. You can always get more. Typically by bribing Calm Lands chimeras iirc but I ended up with extras without having to do that,

They aren't limited in the long run. You can always get more. Typically by bribing Calm Lands chimeras iirc but I ended up with extras without having to do that,

Phew okay thanks! :D I was so focused on not missing the Primers that I forgot to look around other areas carefully :p

ramyeon

Either there, or near the south entrance.
She's only at the south entrance if you enter from Macalania Woods. If you enter from Mt Gagazet she's near that entrance, if you fly by Airship she's near the central save point/shop.

She's only at the spot on the cliffs in the NW the first time you visit, until you go to Gagazet for the first time.

Manu

She's only at the south entrance if you enter from Macalania Woods. If you enter from Mt Gagazet she's near that entrance, if you fly by Airship she's near the central save point/shop.

Weird, she was at the south entrance when I airship'd there last night.

Where can I keep track of my destruction spheres? I can't remember whether I got the one in Besaid.

When you get the
airship, head to Baaj Temple and check the statues
. The ones that light up are the ones where you successfully broke the seals.

Just got Rikku. So do the bosses have anything valuable to steal usually? Or some specific fiends for that matter that I should keep an eye out?

Levyne

Banned
Just got Rikku. So do the bosses have anything valuable to steal usually? Or some specific fiends for that matter that I should keep an eye out?

I typically steal from every boss. It's not like other FF games or rpgs where there are super nice accessories or anything that are missable or super-useful available through stealing, but some extra key lock spheres and other stuff which can be nice.

I typically steal from "magic" enemies for those items for rikku to use, lot of normal enemies just have like potions or maybe antidotes and such.

According to my guide, you pretty much get materials that help out your Aeon or adds Abilities. I think none of the bosses have special limited time items. However, stealing is nice because you can make some neat abilities with the material you steal.

Get some lunar curtains from the
larvaes in Thunder Plains
, they will be quite useful for mixing later on.
I found Lunar Curtains also come easily from
Defender X

Decided to pop in FFX-2 for a little bit.
The jump in speed from FFX to FFX-2 battles is really nuts.
Brother...what did they do to you? Lost your damn mind and you're crushing on your cousin what the fuckkkkkkkkkk.

I think he learned their language just to hit on Yuna. That is creepy as heck because I think Yuna has a blood connection to Brother.

I read a wiki and it said Brother being into Yuna is a part of Japanese culture.
HOWEVER I looked up some other stuff. In the US 1 out of every 1000 marriages are between cousins. Japan? 4 out of every 1000. So yeah...
Maybe it's anime culture? I mean FFX-2 basically turned Brother into an anime. Whatever. It's weird as hell.

Brother...what did they do to you? Lost your damn mind and you're crushing on your cousin what the fuckkkkkkkkkk.

I think he learned their language just to hit on Yuna. That is creepy as heck because I think Yuna has a blood connection to Brother.

I typically steal from every boss.

I typically steal from "magic" enemies for those items for rikku to use, lot of normal enemies just have like potions or maybe antidotes and such.
Have to agree. Steal from the fire magic enemy in Calm Lands. The Fire Gem is really useful against the boss afterwards.

Hollycat

Hey. Hey. HEYEYEY. You can use brother's party attitude in battle in the rerelease!

So, is there any tricks for lightning dodge? I actually never bothered with this one when I last played the game. Now trying it out it is pretty annoying :lol.

So, is there any tricks for lightning dodge? I actually never bothered with this one when I last played the game. Now trying it out it is pretty annoying :lol.

Wait until you get a weapon or armor with no encounter.

Others have posted videos of a trick for easy dodging. Personally I just make it super dark in my room and turn the sound off. Look away from the TV, press X when your room flashes, count to 200.

Guess that wouldn't apply to a vita user lol.

There's a spot near a crater in the first area you can use to get a lightning bolt every time you walk near it. It's on the left side near a nook and a tower.

Better yet, follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNjKL7aZY4E#t=62

Oh and definitely have no encounter equipped. A crapton of patience helps.
My finger slipped at lightning bolt 103...so I gave up. I'll probably just build a weapon for Lulu. Something with break damage limit and 1 mp cost.
Don't care about trophies. This is partly because the PS3 takes 20 minutes to sync every single time I want to check them.

Hedrush

Just purchased the vita bundle. I've only got an 8gb card so I'm going to need to delete some stuff :( Its going to be worth it tho, this is gonna take me back to my childhood.

Gaz_RB

This game is just so damn good. I can't even explain it. I just love it. Like I feel like it's not that much different than FF13 but it's just better.

And this is coming from someone who loves the 13 series.

Top Bottom