• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Finished FFX.

Already have Tidus and Lulu's Celestial weapons maxed.

Where's the best place to grind just after finishing the game for the first time?

I missed one destruction sphere to get
Anima
. The first one on the left. Is yellowish. From which temple is?

Thanks in advance.

OmegaDL50

oh my, that's nice! You haven't got it from your first try, have you?

Yeah, actually this is the first time I ever beat it. I was abusing the Don Tonberry trick and fighting Juggernauts to get Strength Spheres, I just brute forced the fight with Wakka using Attack Reels.

I am probably not going to be so lucky however with the next Dark Aeon.

Korezo

Finished FFX.

Already have Tidus and Lulu's Celestial weapons maxed.

Where's the best place to grind just after finishing the game for the first time?

I missed one destruction sphere to get
Anima
. The first one on the left. Is yellowish. From which temple is?

Thanks in advance.

In zanarkand, you have to go back and solve extra puzzles for last destruction sphere.

OmegaDL50

God lord Yuna's voice acting is diabolical.

Well it is technically the first ever FF game to include voice acting.

Although I wonder if it would have been too much work to remaster all of the games voice work. The costs involved probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

Carbonox

I started this up finally last night. Only about half an hour in mind. Still, Tidus's new face, ahahahhhahhhahaahhahahahahahahha his eyes look like they're coming out of the sockets and his lips do this weird swelling distortion thing.

Yeah, actually this is the first time I ever beat it. I was abusing the Don Tonberry trick and fighting Juggernauts to get Strength Spheres, I just brute forced the fight with Wakka using Attack Reels.

I am probably not going to be so lucky however with the next Dark Aeon.

I got the same armour for Tidus the second time I killed him (the first was a rubbish drop so I reset)

I've put auto haste on it straight away but I haven't filled the other slot. Don't kbow if I want auto protect or auto phoenix

Gawd, I feel like I'm steering a drunk bird in this chocobo racing game. Triple bird collision makes my blood boil. I haven't even moved and I'm getting rammed.

So I just got this a couple oft days ago for the Vita.
I played the original on PS2 until the calm lands and kind of just stopped playing (might have been because of the encounter rates, I don't really remember).
Any tips for a semi newcomer (don't remember all that much TBH other than loathing Blitzball – now I'm in love with it, weird how tastes change ;D)?
Like general stuff I should be paying attention to and maybe things that encourage playing through the game? I REALLY want to go through with it this time, I swear. :p

Also, playing with the standard sphere grid, so don't worry about tips regarding the paths I should choose etc.
Thanks!

ZeroX03

Banned
Gawd, I feel like I'm steering a drunk bird in this chocobo racing game. Triple bird collision makes my blood boil. I haven't even moved and I'm getting rammed.

Been at it for an hour and a half now.

Lightning dodges and Remiem Chocobo race took 15 minutes each. Ugh.

Ashtar

Picked this up yesterday my first ever final fantasy game, I'm about 2 hrs into it pretty interesting do far. The hero dude seems pretty stereotypical pretty boy type, not sure what race wakka (flock flame) is supposed to be I'm guess Maori or Hispanic? The dialogue is kind of corny but in an endearing way.
I do have one question got those playing with the ds4, is there delay when you try to do the ultra moves? I haven't been able to do all of them yet.

So I just got this a couple oft days ago for the Vita.
I played the original on PS2 until the calm lands and kind of just stopped playing (might have been because of the encounter rates, I don't really remember).
Any tips for a semi newcomer (don't remember all that much TBH other than loathing Blitzball – now I'm in love with it, weird how tastes change ;D)?
Like general stuff I should be paying attention to and maybe things that encourage playing through the game? I REALLY want to go through with it this time, I swear. :p

Also, playing with the standard sphere grid, so don't worry about tips regarding the paths I should choose etc.
Thanks!

Hey there, the Calm Lands encounter rate is crazy. I suggest getting a No Encounter weapon before it to make it less annoying. Get Reflect and Hastaga ASAP to make the game easier. Otherwise, just play however else you want to play. kimahri does not get his own path, so follow Tidus or Wakka.

She spends a little too much effort trying to match up to the lip sync. In X-2, she sounds more natural.
I think Tidus has the worst dialogue. Tuna was boring, but not terrible. Also, Tidus new model really makes him look more like Meg Ryan. You can compare...
l_by_rjace1014-d5z6gi9.jpg

Been at it for an hour and a half now.

Lightning dodges and Remiem Chocobo race took 15 minutes each. Ugh.

I just don't understand why the chocobo sometimes steers back. I know it happens when the camera turns or you go out of the invisible bounds, but there are times he just turns way back as soon as I steer him.

Chesskid1

Banned
every time tidus does a voice over narration i feel like im watching the wonder years

i'm 10~ hours in now, worried about yuna's leveling since i never take her out :(

every time tidus does a voice over narration i feel like im watching the wonder years

i'm 10~ hours in now, worried about yuna's leveling since i never take her out :(
Don't worry, you can catch up in Bevelle. Bahamut makes the robots not a threat. You can catch up in 10-20 minutes.

Tiamant

Finally caught my damn chocobo. I forget just how full of Guide Dang It FFX-2 is. Wanna get 100% on my first try for a change.

EDIT: According to the guide, I'm 1% behind despite following the guide to the letter. ALL MY EFF.

Tell me about it. I didn't talk to Oaka when he came aboard the Celsius and now I'm some % behind :(

Anyway, if you choose the Youth league you can manage to make a little more than 100% right? I hope that compensates this slight mistake.

genbatzu

And there it is! 0.0.0!

...exactly. Didn't beat the time. No Sigil for me.

took me ~20 attemps to get it, 13+ balloons and no birds are needed, sucks with the random balloon spawn and ...the biiiiiirds <.<
and of course after i got it and ran towards a savepoint, a morbol/malboro popped up and nearly got me, luckily it was not an ambush

right after that I felt it was time for the other chocobo run at temple remium, it sucked... 50+ tries till victory with 5 chests >.< but the controls are really, really bad and to get 5 chests+victory is a matter of milliseconds

finished the butterfly run on both maps with both settings before I get the airship, feeling confident that it'll be a bit easier in HD, now that I can see the butterflies

Falk

that puzzling face
I just don't understand why the chocobo sometimes steers back. I know it happens when the camera turns or you go out of the invisible bounds, but there are times he just turns way back as soon as I steer him.

Isn't that actually a feature? Same way the first Chocobo training randomly veers off.

Hey there, the Calm Lands encounter rate is crazy. I suggest getting a No Encounter weapon before it to make it less annoying. Get Reflect and Hastaga ASAP to make the game easier. Otherwise, just play however else you want to play. kimahri does not get his own path, so follow Tidus or Wakka.

Thanks! Will I find a no encounter weapon along the way or do I need to keep an eye on something specific/do a side quest?

And won't I be underleveled without encounters or is equipping one in the calm lands only negligible?

MSMrRound

So I'm hearing all these compatibility stuff with Aeons.

Does that only apply to Yojimbo? How much should I pay to avoid lowering it? (I didn't know beforehand and kept paying him 500 gil/1500 gil...still getting zanmato by 2nd or 3rd payment though...)

Hobbun

I played this for a couple of hours yesterday and got drawn back into why I love FF X.

But there is one thing that is really bothering, the sound. Is anyone else&#8217;s sound only 2.1? I don&#8217;t hear any sound coming from my back speakers at all. Even when I am playing older games on my PS3 (i.e. before PS3 games) I get sound out of all of my speakers.

I completely forgot you had to dodge stuff as well as collect balloons for the chocobo race. How the hell did I do this as a kid? I keep running straight past the balloons D:

Vitanimus

Got the airship and now on the hunt for Celestial Weapons. The thought of lightning dodging and butterfly catching is grim... any ideas where to procure a No Encounters weapon?

Manu

Got the airship and now on the hunt for Celestial Weapons. The thought of lightning dodging and butterfly catching is grim... any ideas where to procure a No Encounters weapon?

Battle Geosgaeno in Baaj Temple.

Bring equipment with stone ward.

Shiina

You don't need to catch the butterflies for the trophy. You just need to get the weapons, not evolve them fully. And the only place to get a No Encounter weapon is Geosgaeno.

ramyeon

Ghosts and Wraiths drop No Encounter armor and you can craft it into armor with 30 Purifying Salts. Those you can steal from: Abaddon, Fallen Monk, Hornet, Warrior Monk.
Or you can get 99 of them for unlocking Fafnir in the Arena, just need to capture 4 of each of the dragon species fiends.

Top Bottom