• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Only if you're overleveled and/or know your way through the sphere grid.

Well I didn't grind one single time, just never fled and always switched out the party. I think the first two times I played this, I had much bigger problems with Evrae, Seymour Flux or the Spectral Keeper than Yunalesca, atleast if my memory serves me right. She doesn't really deal a lot of magic outside of Cure spells and Mega-Death which isn't a problem if you're zombified. I think overall Seymour Flux and his Total Annihilation are really the hardest.

XJF

DId they nerf blitz ace? I thought Celestial's ignored defense? Why am I only doing 10K per hit with Blitz Ace with Max Strength?

Yes... I'm not doing 9999 per hit, I'm doing like 10100, except the final blitz kick which does like 60K

Oh right... tbh I can't remember if that's normal or not. I imagine it depends what you're fighting to some extent but I'm sure with 255 strength it should be doing 99,999 per hit...?

That's concerning.

Flandy

I'm contemplating it. The only really tough one for me is completing all sphere grids, because of the time investment.

I wasn't even going to go for the Platinum initially, but then coolasj19 issued me a challenge and I couldn't back down. We're racing for it lol
I'm winning

XJF

I find it odd that it seems everyone in this thread is going for the Platinum in FFX :lol

I'm almost there, Just need Nemesis, Dark Yoj, Dark Magus Sister, and Penance and Sphere grid. If I can get through Penance without Luck, I'll just plop down Magic Defense Spheres everywhere to complete the grid.
lol

Guess who I just Zanmato'd!
lBWhQ65l.jpg

RPGCrazied

Is Miyu the best goalie in the game? The guy is a beast, hardly gets scored on. I'm this close to winning those status reels. That glorious team is a pain in the ass though.

Holmes

I was so good at Attack Reels just a few hours ago, and this time around I'm really horrible at it. Keep getting miss on the third reel. What the hell.

Levyne

Banned
I got home and then fell asleep >_>

Well, awake now. Find some food and back to this. Fortune spheres for 3 more people.

Levyne

Banned
What's your Earth Eater strategy?

Nothing fancy or elegant, Everyone on Victor mode, Tidus does Slice and Dice, Wakka does Attack Reels, then just keep attacking. Once Tidus has some luck, he does more damage with SnD and it knocks him down straight off. You could auto-shell people but I haven't bothered, just revive if someone dies. Kill a dingo and repeat.

Holmes

Nothing fancy or elegant, Everyone on Victor mode, Tidus does Slice and Dice, Wakka does Attack Reels, then just keep attacking. Once Tidus has some luck, he does more damage with SnD and it knocks him down straight off. You could auto-shell people but I haven't bothered, just revive if someone dies. Kill a dingo and repeat.
Why not Blitz Ace? Doesn't knock it down? Would a Frag Grenade be helpful at the beginning of the battle?

NastyBook

Got my LE in the mail today. I wonder if I should try to play this and Tales of Xillia at the same time?

EDIT: Wow, this opening. It looks absolutely brilliant in high definition.

I find it odd that it seems everyone in this thread is going for the Platinum in FFX :lol

I wasn't really entertaining the idea at first until I found out several saves later that some of the Al Bhed Primers were missable (I missed ONE of them). Now I'm jut like "fuck it."

Why not Blitz Ace? Doesn't knock it down? Would a Frag Grenade be helpful at the beginning of the battle?

SnD deals 60k (critical hits) x 6 = 360k, and instantly knocks down (maybe only if it's a critical hit) without fear of a Megaton Punch. Blitz Ace is probably 10k x 8 + 99999 and doesn't knock down.

The most 'efficient' strat for Earth Eater is loner OD with Tidus, have the 2 others escape, SnD, guard/refill overdrive until EE stands back up, then SnD again.

Earth Eater seems to be one of those who have 255 resistance to the break skills, which means that even Banishing Blade/Frag Grenade won't go through

Tidus should get priority in Fortune Spheres since it affects SnD criticals (and not Blitz Ace, it can't crit), while for Wakka's luck has no effect on attack reels.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I WENT TO THE OMEGA RUINS AFTER THE LIGHTNING DODGING AND A MALBORO KILLS ME

I DIDN'T SAVE

I don't think I am ever going to recover from this

I bask in the glory of your failure LOL.

JK bro, but learn your damn lesson :p, I'm a compulsive saver. 3 save slots overwritten per save minimum.

Holmes

SnD deals 60k (critical hits) x 6 = 360k, and instantly knocks down (maybe only if it's a critical hit) without fear of a Megaton Punch. Blitz Ace is probably 10k x 8 + 99999 and doesn't knock down.

The most 'efficient' strat for Earth Eater is loner OD with Tidus, have the 2 others escape, SnD, guard/refill overdrive until EE stands back up, then SnD again.

Earth Eater seems to be one of those who have 255 resistance to the break skills, which means that even Banishing Blade/Frag Grenade won't go through

Tidus should get priority in Fortune Spheres since it affects SnD criticals (and not Blitz Ace, it can't crit), while for Wakka's luck has no effect on attack reels.
I see, thanks. I've been using Frag Grenade + Blitz Ace + Attack Reels on Ironclad and was wondering if that strategy would work, guess not.

Well FFX seems to have a strange effect with that :p I have over 50 PS3/PS4/ Vita games and not a single Platinum because I never bothered but FFX... I somehow have a strange inner desire to get it! :p

I wasn't really entertaining the idea at first until I found out several saves later that some of the Al Bhed Primers were missable (I missed ONE of them). Now I'm jut like "fuck it."

Oh dear, do you have a save near the one you missed? If so, load that save, get the Primer, save again. Load your main save and go to one of the Al Bhed Compilation Spheres and select the save with the missed Primer you made. If I got that right it should work :)

Oh dear, do you have a save near the one you missed? If so, load that save, get the Primer, save again. Load your main save and go to one of the Al Bhed Compilation Spheres and select the save with the missed Primer you made. If I got that right it should work :)

I didn't realize I missed it until several days ago. So the answer is no lol.

I didn't realize I missed it until several days ago. So the answer is no lol.

Ugh that's a bummer, I'm sorry that happened :( Things like this made me develop a very strange habit: If I can, I use a new save-slot for every save-point there is in a game so by now I have 82 save-files on my Vita for FFX...

RaikuHebi

Banned
Ugh that's a bummer, I'm sorry that happened :( Things like this made me develop a very strange habit: If I can, I use a new save-slot for every save-point there is in a game so by now I have 82 save-files on my Vita for FFX...
Hey if they're there you might as well use them!

Plus I think SE games default to a new save slot so they kind of encourage it.

Korezo

Miyu is very good for low-mid levels. But Nimrook is considered the best overall.

What team he's in? And wow Linna has to be one of the best scorers at blitz ball. I have her at MD and she instantly scores from mid range right at blitz off or even further back, and if she doesn't score, nap shot 3 sleeps the catcher 100% of the times unless he has anti nap. I score non stop from mid range or further back. And I thought Tidus was beast...

Magnus

Man, over killing some of the rarer or more powerful enemies has paid off. OverkillEd some Ochus and got a sleep touch sword for Wakka and a poison touch sword for Tidus. Just left Djose temple.

Levyne

Banned
Someone suggested I fight Don Tonberry to level up but he kills my guys in one shot. Help?

Yep, that is in fact the trick to it.

I could type up the whole thing here, but it's already written other places so I'll just quote the wiki I guess.

Wiki said:
To receive high levels of AP for the party, the player should customize their weapons with the Triple Overdrive, Triple AP and Overdrive → AP abilities, and place two characters' Overdrive in Comrade mode, and one character in Stoic mode.

While fighting Don Tonberry, the player should cast Haste on everyone and then get Don Tonberry to counter with Karma the character whose Overdrive mode is Stoic, then revive him/her with the other party members and recast haste. The player should repeat this until Don Tonberry is dead or gets too close and the player is forced to flee. When Don Tonberry counters with Karma, the damage will fuel the Overdrive, which will triple and then convert into AP, and at the end of the battle the total AP is also tripled. The AP is received even if the player escapes the battle, or the Overdrive gauge is full.

It is possible to go from 0 to 99 Sphere Levels in one battle with three characters using this method; it is only limited by the party's MP and how fast Don Tonberry closes in. The amount of Overdrive received is determine by the amount of damage received which, for Don Tonberry, is the number of monsters a character has killed multiplied by 100. Only the Overdrive > AP ability is needed for this trick, but the other two abilities will boost the amount of obtained AP. The only character that needs to receive damage from Karma is the character whose Overdrive Mode is set to Stoic, meaning one can easily level up a weak character by skipping their turn and having a strong healer and a character who has had a lot of kills to perform the trick.

You can get the weapons to start out with from the "One Eye" monster at the arena, and then put Overdrive->AP on them.

Yeah, you're not supposed to try and kill Don Tonberry. You just have him keep KOing one of your characters with Karma until he gets too close to you, then flee the battle.

Oh. I don't have Overdrive -> AP so that's why I'm not getting AP when I flee?

Precisely. You can get the item that modifies the ability onto your weapon by capturing monsters. I think once you breed at least 6 fiends in Area Conquest, he gives you 99 Door to Tomorrows, which is more than enough to get one for each of your party members.

EDIT: Updated for accuracy

What about Triple Overdrive, Triple AP?

They aren't necessary, but they make it a lot faster. You'd have to beat One Eye in the arena for him to drop weapons with one of those abilities (I was never strong enough to do it), or customize a bunch of megalixers. I personally didn't bother with the triple abilities, but it's up to you.

ohlawd

do I have to do this creature capture crap for X-2?

the game's more open than I thought. Great, I'll be wasting time exploring. /s

Top Bottom