• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ubercheez

I'm still confused as to the dimensions of the artbook-case for the Limited Edition. Is it the same thing shown in the CE unboxing video?

Ibuki

Banned
Is the art book packaging just like the KH 1.5 Remix one? If so I might just go Vita on launch. Are there any reasons why I shouldn't go Vita instead of PS3?

Flandy

Is the art book packaging just like the KH 1.5 Remix one? If so I might just go Vita on launch. Are there any reasons why I shouldn't go Vita instead of PS3?

Artbook is built into the case. I'm going Vita as well. Games are like 3.5 GB each so that might deter you from getting the Vita version

My only worry is that PSN will lag in it's update like it did this week. Why can't they just release at midnight? I don't want physical games for my vita. P4G is the only physical game that I want in my vita.

Flandy

My only worry is that PSN will lag in it's update like it did this week. Why can't they just release at midnight? I don't want physical games for my vita. P4G is the only physical game that I want in my vita.

Yeah I'm worried about that too. Want to buy it so it goes towards the spend 60 get 10 promotion they're having. I doubt they could fuck up the store update two weeks in a row though. Store normally updates throughout the morning so it will hopefully be up at like 10/11 AM PT

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just spent another 2 hours playing FFXII...even on the PS3 it looks good today.

I can only bet that my jaw would drop if it gets an HD remake.

squall211

Hype is rising :)

while i replayed FF12 late last year, it's been almost half a decade since I've touched FFX (even longer in case of X-2).

This should be a glorious return to form :)

It's been about 10 years since I've played through X or X-2 start to finish. Every year I play through at least one FF game at some point, but for the last decade I haven't really touched these. And once the remaster was announced, I was definitely going to hold off. Can't believe it's only a few days away now!

cwistofu

Is anyone here going to the thing in LA on Saturday? I'm wondering how early I should try to get there if I want to get a signed copy!

pariah164

Someone on youtube already started a LP of it. English version too. :( SUUUUUPER Jelly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03HaLMNJWWk
UGH!

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

AmanoBuff

I have been trying to find clear videos of FFX HD to play on my Vita that might give a better idea. There is a channel called ayaanna gaming who has really good videos and I wonder if they might better show how it would look feom a graphical standpoint? I'll try and post a link to one but I'm on my phone and it's usually a pain.

I thought I would ask you after that great impressions thread you did

Edit: http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLezQ_-A8w8-LM3bvlUdmK6Ww_jHLhJ6xG

I found a video in Besaid and on the Vita it looks amazing if not a bit oversaturated. Obviously it's PS3 footage but I'm trying to find a closer representation of the game on Vita

Nice find! The video is really good. I watched it on my Vita and it looks actually sharper than the actual game on some areas (beach), but then not as sharp in others (darker areas).

Edit: The video is WAY over saturated. The actual game colors on my OLED Vita look just amazing.

Persona7

Banned
Wait, all the stores near me say "Low Stock". Does that mean there's a chance that they might have broken street date?

That means they just received a low amount of copies. I don't know what the amount for cut off is. They can't sell the game because the computer won't complete the transaction and from what I understand even the manager can't override it.

Cannot wait much longer. You are mine Nimrook! After four playthroughs, I have yet to have an opportunity to sign the Al Bhed goalie, but I will get him this time!

ZeroX03

Banned
Are the contents of both the artbooks the same?

Also any EU LE unboxings yet? Because according to a promo image we are getting a normal cover with separate artbook.

Seconded this. Considering grabbing the EU LE if the artbook is separate. KH1.5 and Arkham City were very annoying in that respect.

iGeodude

ARGGG my Amazon order says the estimated delivery is March 20th. At first it was the 18th. I haven't gotten a game with release day delivery in a long time :(. I may start preordering at Gamestop.

Nice find! The video is really good. I watched it on my Vita and it looks actually sharper than the actual game on some areas (beach), but then not as sharp in others (darker areas).

Edit: The video is WAY over saturated. The actual game colors on my OLED Vita look just amazing.

At some points the saturation is just crazy lol. Thanks for answering. There is no decent foorage for the Vita version anywhere other than the 2 hour video that guy did but even then you can tell the game is sharper than the footage he captured

Flandy

At some points the saturation is just crazy lol. Thanks for answering. There is no decent foorage for the Vita version anywhere other than the 2 hour video that guy did but even then you can tell the game is sharper than the footage he captured

Don't worry. BlueMaxima should have some footage of the Vita version up
on Tuesday

SirNinja

ARGGG my Amazon order says the estimated delivery is March 20th. At first it was the 18th. I haven't gotten a game with release day delivery in a long time :(.

You might try changing the shipping speed to something else, and then change it again to release-day shipping. If it's a glitch in Amazon's system (and it probably is; mine's still on track for the 18th), that will usually un-glitch it.

The artbook edition is now sold out on Amazon

interesting.... maybe they'll get ready to ship our orders now

That's not how that works. :p

He was trying to get an early copy but was unable to.

Don't know if you hang out in the PSN thread or not. Here's his channel if you don't know him. https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueMaximaC099 He hasn't been posting as much since the mods merged our Vita and PS Store thread.

Why can't you get it until Friday?

That's when it's released in the UK. We're not as lucky as the US who get it on Tuesday. My hype will be insane for those few days when I'm looking at english videos of it

Looks like he may put up a video earlier than expected.
Can't wait. I remember wanting to get a Vita solely for this when it was announced. :)
https://twitter.com/BlueMaxima/status/444734169600368640

I bought my Vita at launch in anticipation of this game and the wait for so long with little to no news was really frustrating. This is one of my favourite games and to be able to have it on the go is incredible. I always wanted the psp to be able to emulate it somehow even though I knew it was never going to happen.

I'll keep an eye out for his video if he does one

Flandy

I bought my Vita at launch in anticipation of this game and the wait for so long with little to no news was really frustrating. This is one of my favourite games and to be able to have it on the go is incredible. I always wanted the psp to be able to emulate it somehow even though I knew it was never going to happen.

Haha we're pretty much in the same situation. I remember looking up if there was any sort of homebrew that allowed me to play FFX on my PSP. Then FFX HD was announced at TGS 2011. At first I thought it they were going to do a prequel with Auron/Jecht/Braska but then I realized it was a remaster. Was let down and excited at the same time. I remember thinking that since it was for the 10th anniversary it would surely release rather quickly and I would be sad that I couldn't play it on the go since I wouldn't have a Vita for a while. That over year long silence without any video/screenshots killed me :(

AmanoBuff

Haha we're pretty much in the same situation. I remember looking up if there was any sort of homebrew that allowed me to play FFX on my PSP. Then FFX HD was announced at TGS 2011. At first I thought it they were going to do a prequel with Auron/Jecht/Braska but then I realized it was a remaster. Was let down and excited at the same time. I remember thinking that since it was for the 10th anniversary it would surely release rather quickly and I would be sad that I couldn't play it on the go since I wouldn't have a Vita for a while. That over year long silence without any video/screenshots killed me :(

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you guys. I've always wanted to have all the main FF on the go (which is one of the reasons I love my Vita so much). I even remember telling myself that it could be possible to have FFIX on the GBA when it released, lol. Thankfully I got my wish with the PSP, and when FFX for Vita was announced, the device went from "I'll definitely get one at some point" to "OMFG SO BOUGHT DAY ONE!!".

But I think the most relieving thing was that after such a long silence on this title, it turned out to be amazing and definitely worth the wait (at least based on what I've played of the Japanese version). This only makes me want FFXII now even more.
And I also secretly hope for an HD upscaled, widescreen version of FFIX

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Can someone explain to me how cross-platforms works in regards to trophies with this title? I mean let's say I start the game on PS3 and then move into playing with the same savefiles on VITA. The newest trophies I'll get... will be uploaded to my VITA trophies or PS3 trophies?

Korezo

Can someone explain to me how cross-platforms works in regards to trophies with this title? I mean let's say I start the game on PS3 and then move into playing with the same savefiles on VITA. The newest trophies I'll get... will be uploaded to my VITA trophies or PS3 trophies?

There's only one trophy set. Both are combined together.

Falk

that puzzling face
A certain someone sent us copies of Japanese PS3 X/X-2 HD. Mine's arriving in the mail tomorrow. I guess I'll change my preorder of EN to PSVita.

As a bonus we get to test if cross-save works across JP PS3 and EN Vita, too. :V

Top Bottom