• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
There's only one trophy set. Both are combined together.

Ah ok that's a lot better than I expected. I'll probably play this title on PS3 when at home and on VITA when away. I think more jRPGs should allow for this considering how long this games are usually are and how much boring grinding they have with them, grinding u can do "on-the-go" while saving the awesome parts for home.

Vinc

My copy is on its way. I've never played FFX before, save for a PS2 demo that came with an OPM issue back in the day... I'm excited! I just recently played FFVII for the first time, and finished FFIX just a few days ago.

squall211

Lame. Just checked my order on Amazon and the delivery date has been changed from Tuesday the 18th to Thursday the 20th. Man am I bummed out.

aceface

Still haven't heard anything from SE about my CE shipping. :/

They do send a shipping notification, right? I've never ordered from them before.

ARGGG my Amazon order says the estimated delivery is March 20th. At first it was the 18th. I haven't gotten a game with release day delivery in a long time :(. I may start preordering at Gamestop.

Same here, amazon has been screwing around too much lately. I might have to take my business to GS as well if they keep this up. Between tax and extra shipping costs, AND making my student prime account last 30 days instead of 6 months like it said... F um.

squall211

Vita version? Mine shows the same. But my PS3 version still shows the 18th.

Nope, PS3 version. Not sure the reason for the change. I've never had an issue with release date delivery before (esp. being a Prime member). Oh well, I've waited 2 1/2 years, I can wait another 2 days.

MrDenny

Went to the launch event this morning, but had to head back home because my bro was nauseous.
I'm kinda glad we went home, would of been another 12 hours until the second session signing.
Got there around 5:30 am and there was about 100ish people in line already.
At least I got to see the sun rising on the drive back.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Any impressions on vita version yet? Or is it still too early

Nope, PS3 version. Not sure the reason for the change. I've never had an issue with release date delivery before (esp. being a Prime member). Oh well, I've waited 2 1/2 years, I can wait another 2 days.

I contacted Amazon, and this is what they said:

Hello,

Your order has entered the shipping process and is currently being packed for delivery.

I can confirm that we expect to ship your order in time to be delivered to you by March 18, 2014 .

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped with your tracking number. Your order could ship any time between now and right before the guaranteed delivery date.

You can always check the status of your order in Your Account. Here's a direct link to the order details:

Now my Vita order is back to a delivery estimate of March 18th.

Shahed

Ah ok that's a lot better than I expected. I'll probably play this title on PS3 when at home and on VITA when away. I think more jRPGs should allow for this considering how long this games are usually are and how much boring grinding they have with them, grinding u can do "on-the-go" while saving the awesome parts for home.

That's one of the few times I actually like handhelds, and why I'm getting this on both. Far prefer playing on thr home console, but would love to get the more tedious and grindy things out the way on a hendheld when I don't have reasonable access to a console

linkboy

Any impressions on vita version yet? Or is it still too early

I just want to know what the firmware requirement is, since I've got my TN running on my Vita and I've moved all of my PSP games over and I'm not updating.

If it requires an update, I'll just get the PS3 version (which I hope works with a DS4).

Holmes

I just want to know what the firmware requirement is, since I've got my TN running on my Vita and I've moved all of my PSP games over and I'm not updating.

If it requires an update, I'll just get the PS3 version (which I hope works with a DS4).

At the very least, you probably have to be at the same firmware as when the Japanese version released back in late December. Which I believe is the current one?

sensui-tomo

what game was the exploit from if you dont mind me asking? if it was the recent persona 2 exploit you should be fine.

iGeodude

You might try changing the shipping speed to something else, and then change it again to release-day shipping. If it's a glitch in Amazon's system (and it probably is; mine's still on track for the 18th), that will usually un-glitch it.

Tried that, I can only select between Two-Day shipping and One-Day shipping. When I selected One-Day, it bumped the delivery date back to the 18th. When I selected Two-Day, it moved it back to the 20th. I guess I'll pay the One-Day delivery. :/ I've been waiting for this game since August when I preordered it.

kitzkozan

I ordered the artbook edition along with the game guide, which is the first one I'm buying in forever (not counting the Blizzard battlechests which came with guides). I think my last game guide was for Resident Evil remake lol. I couldn't say no since amazon.ca was selling it for 12$ a month ago and these games have a ton of goodies and extra content (and the guide cover 2 games so it's worth it imo).

AmanoBuff

Well, I hope it does extremely well at least.

I don't see why not. Both the PS3 and Vita versions are tracking on the top 20 - 25 of Amazon for weeks already and are only improving their rankings. I know it is not a 100% reliable indicator for real performance but I think it's pretty safe to say this collection will easily outsell LR.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That dumb. If the game isn't cross-buy you should have a combined Trophy list imo

There a chance it will out sell Lightning Returns? I remember some bets were placed the huge megathread a while back

I think it has a very good chance of outselling Lightning Returns by a large margin.

I think it has a very good chance of outselling Lightning Returns by a large margin.

It's pretty much guaranteed. No one wanted that shitty game and there seems to be a lot more hype for this (deservedly so) so I'm expecting decent sales for a hd collection

Flandy

It's pretty much guaranteed. No one wanted that shitty game and there seems to be a lot more hype for this (deservedly so) so I'm expecting decent sales for a hd collection

When I went to pick up DanganRonpa at gamestop the cashier asked me if I came for Lightning Returns. I was surprised anyone had even preordered it.
My copy of DanganRonpa that I preordered was the only copy in the store :(

When I went to pick up DanganRonpa at gamestop the cashier asked me if I came for Lightning Returns. I was surprised anyone had even preordered it.
My copy of DanganRonpa that I preordered was the only copy in the store :(

I'm not suprised about DanganRonpa. It's a fairly niche title but it does deserve more sales imo. Unfortunately there arw Lightning fans out there that will preorder LR and give some sort of impression that we care about her.

In any case, I have 6 days left until I can get my hands on FFX HD. Nothing can stop this hype train!

unrealist

If I get a R3 copy in Singapore, will the code for FF X-2 digital copy work for redemption on my US PSN account?

I also read and heard from my local retailer that the R3 version will be 2 physical copies like the JPN version, but entirely in English. Hope this turns out to be true!

AmanoBuff

Do we have numbers for the Japanese version? How'd the Vita version do in comparison to the PS3?

The Japanese version of the collection already crossed the 500k sales with both Vita and PS3 combined and is the best selling HD collection ever in Japan.

Out of those 500k physical sales, the Vita versions account for a surprising 40% - 45%. That without counting digital sales (which for Vita tend to be about 10% in Japan).

Flandy

The Japanese version of the collection already crossed the 500k sales with both Vita and PS3 combined and is the best selling HD collection ever in Japan.

Out of those 500k physical sales, the Vita versions account for a surprising 40% - 45%. That without counting digital sales (which for Vita tend to be about 10% in Japan).

Woah. That's really impressive. Hopefully Square will put out more Vita games if it does well in the states. I doubt they'll do anything more for the Vita even if this does well :(

I have the vita version and ps3 version right here for my friend but I can't play for another 50 minutes. I have to update my firmware but I only have the wifi vita. And yes I hope a lot of people buy this so we can get 12HD(IZJS version) :)

Flandy

I have the vita version and ps3 version right here for my friend but I can't play for another 50 minutes. I have to update my firmware but I only have the wifi vita. And yes I hope a lot of people buy this so we can get 12HD(IZJS version) :)

How'd you get it so early? Store break street date?
everyone here hates you now

Mmmmm
I might go and double dip..
Gonna spend 20 days in an eu agency abroad for work..
Might as well get something portable to play!

So I'm stuck at work but my brother is in line for the art-gallery/launch in LA. Lots of people:

NSWW3cx.jpg

qkNtnB7.jpg

No idea if we'll get our grubby hands on a signed copy, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Top Bottom