• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

MrDenny

Anyone else going to the launch event?
How early do you think we have to line up to secure our spot for the autographs?

ramyeon

Nice! I wish the preorder would show up on the North American store. That "spend $60, get $10 credit" promo they have going on is tempting.
I'm not too sure what the deal is with PSN preorders to be honest. Toukiden's was great since they offered bonus DLC for preordering on PSN so digital owners could get stuff that people got from in-store deals, but that's an exception. Most don't offer any bonus DLC and since the money doesn't even get deducted from your account until the day of release usually there doesn't seem to be any point. It's not like there are limited copies available like physical releases. Seems kinda odd to me.

I still preordered it though.

sqwarlock

BALLS. I'm stuck in Arizona. Why can't the desert get some cool events?

Cause it's Arizona? I mean, there's very little to do with the gaming industry here.

EDIT: I'm also really tempted to cancel my Amazon pre-order and just pick it up physically from a store. Three reasons: 1) Amazon has typically gotten me my pre-orders around 6 pm even though there's a distribution center here in Phoenix; 2) I'm really not thrilled about the 'art book as case' shit, so if I can't get the LE in store no big deal, and 3) It'd be cheaper in-store since Amazon charges sales tax on top of shipping costs.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Are the contents of both the artbooks the same?

Also any EU LE unboxings yet? Because according to a promo image we are getting a normal cover with separate artbook.

AmanoBuff

Oh god don't do this to me

Lol. Sorry for that. I don't want to overhype the Vita version. It's just that while that video does a very good job showing how well the game runs, it really doesn't do it justice as to how well it actually looks on the system.

Anyway. Just a few more days. :)

Lol. Sorry for that. I don't want to overhype the Vita version. It's just that while that video does a very good job showing how well the game runs, it really doesn't do it justice as to how well it actually looks on the system.

Anyway. Just a few more days. :)

I have been trying to find clear videos of FFX HD to play on my Vita that might give a better idea. There is a channel called ayaanna gaming who has really good videos and I wonder if they might better show how it would look feom a graphical standpoint? I'll try and post a link to one but I'm on my phone and it's usually a pain.

I thought I would ask you after that great impressions thread you did

Edit: http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLezQ_-A8w8-LM3bvlUdmK6Ww_jHLhJ6xG

I found a video in Besaid and on the Vita it looks amazing if not a bit oversaturated. Obviously it's PS3 footage but I'm trying to find a closer representation of the game on Vita

Frazley

After hearing the game is available digitally on both platforms, I will buy it on PSN Tuesday. Ordered a 64GB card to have enough space.

OmegaDL50

I'm hoping I can find one on ebay in a few months for less than $200, I'm broke right now =(.

I am more concerned over the fact that Digital River is handling the pre-orders for the CE. I don't even understand why Square-Enix is even associated with them after their constant mishandling of many pre-orders for various companies, you'd think these companies would get the message and disassociate themselves from Digital River because of the bad PR that is generated as a result for all the fouling up of Collector's Editions they've screwed up so far.

Thankfully there is a pre-order limit in place, instead of one person pre-ordering 200+ copies just to resell at an exorbitant mark up, so fortunately the Ni no Kuni Play-Canada thing won't happen again.

aceface

Has anyone gotten shipping confirmation for the CE from Square Enix? Haven't heard anything from them yet besides the (hopefully mistaken) backorder notice.

Animekatt

I ended up ordering the vita version from Best Buy, as well a keeping the PS3 version from GameStop. The vita version has shipped, so hopefully it will be here on Tuesday. I also got the guide (I'm a sucker for guides) from Amazon for 15 bucks. It's scheduled to come on Monday!

While we wait, what tips do you guys have to git gud at this game? Like I stated before, I cheated my way to victory, but how about some general bits from the pros?

Cheddahz

Banned
Those of you playing this for the first time are in for a real treat.
Well, this is my first time playing the International Versions, so I guess that counts? None the less, Final Fantasy X is one of my favorite games of all time and I'm happy that I finally get to play it again (in HD)

While I definitely understand the complaints of the artbook case, I'm still getting it. I have the KH 1.5 limited edition as well, and it's not tooooo bad. I mean, I'd prefer if it was the same size as a regular game, but it is actually the same size as my The Last Story LE and Wii games, so I put them side by side so it doesn't look quite as bad, lol. But I mean, I just like having the art book even if I rarely if ever look through it more than once.

TheContact

Preordered both versions but will most likely only play the Vita version. I went from having barely any games to play to being overwhelmed by games in 2 weeks

Ridley327

Does anyone know which carrier Squenix/Digital River uses to ship their product out? I just want to make sure who I need to be on a lookout for on Tuesday.

fuuuck it. preordered it on vita. I really should stop buying 50+ hour games :(

will dabble in x a bit, but mostly picking this up to finally play x-2.

how big is the game dl?

While I definitely understand the complaints of the artbook case, I'm still getting it. I have the KH 1.5 limited edition as well, and it's not tooooo bad. I mean, I'd prefer if it was the same size as a regular game, but it is actually the same size as my The Last Story LE and Wii games, so I put them side by side so it doesn't look quite as bad, lol. But I mean, I just like having the art book even if I rarely if ever look through it more than once.

I feel the same way. I understand the desire to have a traditional box, but I really like officially having the art book that can't really be obtained easily any other way. Not to mention, the packaging was really sleek for the Kingdom Hearts one, so naturally I'm convinced to get the same deal with Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster.

pariah164

Called GameStop. Apparently, since I elected to ship it to the store, I don't get tracking info. However, I was told it was in transit, and should be out the 18th at 10 AM when they open. HA BISKY!

Comet

I'm excited to finally play this.

The Vita versions are sold separately right? I don't know if my memory card can even hold 7GBs right now...

Flandy

Well that still sort of helps out with my concern. Thanks for the speedy reply

I'm pretty sure they're separate downloads anyway. People earlier were saying the download size for each game. That and the fact that the retail version comes with a voucher for X-2 would make it seem like they're two different downloads

Jennipeg

I'd pretty much given up on the Limited Edition, but I just had one more look and both Shopto and Amazon have them back in stock, so colour me happy. I just want that Box art. I'll probably get the Vita versions from Amazon, for some reason I didn't think the Vita versions were available there until someone on here mentioned it. I'm just going to wait until the digital versions are available and see how the price compares. I want the Vita versions for when I am grinding and doing sigil quests, watching TV at the same time will take the edge off some of those side quests (i'm looking at you chocobo race). Hopefully I wont throw my vita out the window.

Hobbun

Arrgghh!

Called my local GS to see if it will be available on Tuesday, or will it be pick-up on Wednesday (which has happened before).

Wish I didn't call, as he said it would definitely be ready to be picked up on Tuesday because it is already in the store. Damn street date.

So....close...

pariah164

Arrgghh!

Called my local GS to see if it will be available on Tuesday, or will it be pick-up on Wednesday (which has happened before).

Wish I didn't call, as he said it would definitely be ready to be picked up on Tuesday because it is already in the store. Damn street date.

So....close...
I know that feel bro.

Hyyyyype.

Aurizen

Arrgghh!

So....close...

hmm you would thing GS would get their games a week ahead...

Top Bottom