• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

Where should I take Tidus/Auron once I finish his section of the sphere grid? Planning on Wakka up Aurons path. Any suggestions for other peoples paths?

Yeah, won against the Goers on my first try! Actually, I've actually always been good at Blitzball =p

Gonna try and knock out the tournament ASAP for those Attack Reels

Where should I take Tidus/Auron once I finish his section of the sphere grid? Planning on Wakka up Aurons path. Any suggestions for other peoples paths?

I sent Auron through Wakka's grid for more damage/accuracy (and vice versa for Wakka). I sent Tidus through Rikku's for more agility. In general, unless you're going for a specific ability/abilities, try to keep characters in similar grids. Or you could just go through everyone's grids lol

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So when exactly does Dark Yojimbo appear? I want to hold off on hiring Yojimbo until I have more money, but I don't want to be blocked off.

Also, I was rummaging through my inventory and I had a No Encounters armor in my recently acquired section, so I must have picked it up on Gagazet? No one seems to mention that.

Holmes

So when exactly does Dark Yojimbo appear? I want to hold off on hiring Yojimbo until I have more money, but I don't want to be blocked off.

Also, I was rummaging through my inventory and I had a No Encounters armor in my recently acquired section, so I must have picked it up on Gagazet? No one seems to mention that.
Ghosts drop No Encounter armor.

Flandy

I'm going to guess you wanted to quote someone else? This is how you get Wakka's overdrives, and eventually Sigil by winning leagues/tournaments. Play Blitzball.

Yeah I meant to quote the person above you.

I sent Auron through Wakka's grid for more damage/accuracy (and vice versa for Wakka). I sent Tidus through Rikku's for more agility. In general, unless you're going for a specific ability/abilities, try to keep characters in similar grids. Or you could just go through everyone's grids lol

Do I use a teleport sphere or just go there the normal way?

XJF

BOOM!

9NezSkll.jpg

2Y1HhWOl.jpg

Do I use a teleport sphere or just go there the normal way?

I used a teleport sphere for Tidus to get to Kimahri's grid so I could unlock Ultima for everyone faster (I had some spare Blk Magic Spheres), and also because it was right next to Rikku's grid. For Auron/Wakka you shouldn't need one since they're connected.

XJF

good ol zanmato

Yup, beat Dark Aeons Val, Ifrit, Ixion, and Shiva legit. Others have too high agility to defeat legit without a high luck. Using Zanmato to skip the Luck grinding. I have no shame as long as the Platinum pops

Magnus

Wakka's so useless if you just take him down his own path on the Expert Grid. Hits like a wuss. My Tidus, Auron and Kimahri can all rock him Strength-wise.

I also lost to the Glories in a tournament. Fuck. No Attack Reels for me.

Sucking at the game on this play through. Haha.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wakka's so useless if you just take him down his own path on the Expert Grid. Hits like a wuss. My Tidus, Auron and Kimahri can all rock him Strength-wise.

I also lost to the Glories in a tournament. Fuck. No Attack Reels for me.

Sucking at the game on this play through. Haha.

Wakka segues into Auron's path on the expert grid quite nicely. My early game was heavily reliant on Auron and Tidus but late game Wakka and Kimahri were better than both of them. Fast, accurate and good range of skills.

Welp. Didn't know you get ambushed by Dark Valefor if you walk into Besaid. Also didnt know I forgot to save after letting my Vita sleep and recharge. All those Power Spheres I grinded for...gone.

*flips table*

Levyne

Banned
Caught 10 of every monster except the Master Tonberry in Omega Ruins. The spawn rate for them is so low ._.

As XJF suggested to me, I kept going on the circle arenas with battles in the second part of the ruins, before Omega. Seems like he's more common there.

ZeroX03

Banned
Caught 10 of every monster except the Master Tonberry in Omega Ruins. The spawn rate for them is so low ._.

I got all my Master Tonberry spawns at the save point when you enter, I was just trying to farm Floating Death to unlock One-Eye and inadvertently caught all I needed lol.

XJF

As XJF suggested to me, I kept going on the circle arenas with battles in the second part of the ruins, before Omega. Seems like he's more common there.

+1 lol Only have Dark Yoj and Penance left. Then just putting sphere's around the grid. Should have plat by sunday night.

Holmes

Second floor of Omega Ruins might be good for Master Tonberries, but why go there when you can't get 100k from Mimics there? Gotta stock up on gil.

I see a lot of people using Yojimbo to do stuff, but... is that really satisfying? It seems like to me, I wouldn't feel like I actually killed the boss myself. I dunno, lol. To be honest, I rarely used Aeons at all in my playthroughs.

XJF

I see a lot of people using Yojimbo to do stuff, but... is that really satisfying? It seems like to me, I wouldn't feel like I actually killed the boss myself. I dunno, lol. To be honest, I rarely used Aeons at all in my playthroughs.

I murdered this game back in the day. Just after the plat this time

I murdered this game back in the day. Just after the plat this time

Ah, I gotcha. Makes sense. What's the hardest trophy to get for the platinum not including doing all the minigames? Is it the max sphere grid on everyone? It's tempting to try for the platinum, but I seriously doubt I will feel like maxing the grid for anyone.

Panthers

Getting ambushed turns the tables so quick. I am doing great for being at Mt Gagazet, kind of overleveled which I enjoy. I am making my way through, killing everything and leveling, and start to run out of mana on my casters so I decide to start fleeing till I reach a sphere. Of course then I get ambushed by a group of fiends, one being the armored dude who breathes fire on everyone and boom, dead. First time dying but it had been a good while since I had saved since I was grinding a bit before I ran out of mana.

XJF

Ah, I gotcha. Makes sense. What's the hardest trophy to get for the platinum not including doing all the minigames? Is it the max sphere grid on everyone? It's tempting to try for the platinum, but I seriously doubt I will feel like maxing the grid for anyone.

Thanks to Tonberry trick and Zanmato, I'll be able to easily farm Magic Defense spheres and place them all over and just activate them for the "complete Sphere Grid" Trophies

Jacobbles

Is it worth my time to try and get Break HP Limit for everyone? It seems like farming for the items needed is going to take a long time (and be crazy expensive)

bobawesome

I was on the third form of
Yunalesca
and forgot that I had zombie status and used a mega potion on my party. God. Dammit.

Atlantis

Wakka's so useless if you just take him down his own path on the Expert Grid. Hits like a wuss. My Tidus, Auron and Kimahri can all rock him Strength-wise..

I noticed this as well. He doesn't have the benefit of being able to make quick jumps into another character's grid for stat boosts. Rikku's mostly the same, but she has the benefit of a much better skillset.

Is it worth my time to try and get Break HP Limit for everyone? It seems like farming for the items needed is going to take a long time (and be crazy expensive)

No. It's not necessary for anyone.

Flandy

I wish this had a "Rush" button like Persona 4 Golden did. Hunting these low level monsters is pretty boring, tedious, and taking a lot of time

XJF

Between Dark Yojimbo's Evasion and Luck it's super hard to hit him even with max accuracy... Had to resort to doublecasting Ultima.

3 hours in so far in Kilika. The game looks beautiful on Vita, especially during the battle scenes. Tidus's face is so fucked though, and it's a shame they didnt revamp all the npc's because they stick out like a sore thumb compared to the updated models. The updated music is just as amazing as the original compositions so far imo.

Best of all it's sooooo nice to jump back into this game for the battle system. It's my favorite of any RPG, and because it's turn based it's perfect to play while doing other stuff.

Ah, so much nostalgia. Great port and a great game

The new face Tidus has is growing on me a little. Or I'm just getting used to it. I still prefer his original face, but this one ain't too bad (at least in the more recent cutscenes I've seen). Yuna's face, however... I CANNOT get used to it. Her eyes are all sorts of fucked up. She looks like she is always shocked with her eyes completely wide open (at the max). It looks bizarre. :( Wakka's character model looks really awesome - especially in the better quality cutscenes. One thing I never liked about FFX was how there were three different character models. The CG models which barely looked like the characters, the good cutscene models (higher quality, better facial animations), and the almost flat/gross looking faces in the lower quality cutscenes. I wish every cutscene could have looked like the middle tier.

Atlantis

Atlantis honey, I have 99 Doors to Tomorrow but barely any money to get my party full of four slot weapons from Wantz. I have Rikku's Godhand leveled up though, where do I get cash?

What are you using the weapons for? If it's the AP trick just farm One Eye for Triple AP with enough free slots.

Anyway, for Gil, try using the less useful items you get for capturing monsters to customize, then sell. For example, customize 'Tetra' armor bought from Kilika with +30% HP using the 99 Stamina Tonics you get from capturing in Besaid then resell it and you've made a profit of almost two and a half million gil.

OmegaDL50

DId they nerf blitz ace? I thought Celestial's ignored defense? Why am I only doing 10K per hit with Blitz Ace with Max Strength?

The eight hits of Blitz Ace have a damage constant of 4, as compared to a regular attack's damage constant of 16, also the initial hits before the meter showing up don't get the boost for landing the cursor in the center which the final hit does.

In that respect Slice and Dice has a damage constant of 6 but all 6 hits get the full OD bonus and can do more overall damage. Slice and Dice also has a much faster recovery time as well.

IIRC if you use Blitz Ace against Nemesis each of the first 8 hits will do like 30,000 or something like that, 8 x 30,000 + 100000 (round down to 99999) gets you 340,000, as opposed to 6 hits of slice and dice which will get you slightly under 600,000

Against low Defense enemies: Blitz Ace
Against high Defense enemies: Slice & Dice

The first eight hits of Blitz Ace are just too weak for the really strong enemies.

Jolkien

Working on the chocobo race.. so frustrating. Best time is 8.2 sec so far :(. By hte way, is it ok to do this race the first time you reach the calm land ? will I get
the sun sigil
when I come back to the NPC when I have the mirror ?

ramyeon

Working on the chocobo race.. so frustrating. Best time is 8.2 sec so far :(. By hte way, is it ok to do this race the first time you reach the calm land ? will I get
the sun sigil
when I come back to the NPC when I have the mirror ?
You'll get it even without the mirror.

Top Bottom