• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

OmegaDL50

I just took down Dark Ixion.

Well thats two of the Dark Aeons down. 8 more to go.

Well technically only 5 more to go, but we can count one of them as 3 separate bosses in their own right.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks guys, I guess I will keep on trying. (If only the chocobo handled well -_- )

I know that feel, I'm stuck at like 0.7 and it really burns me up. The controls and boundaries of the track are such utter crap, couldn't they have cleaned it up a bit? That's not even counting the times I've had birds spawn right on top of me.

Been playing this on PS3, but I'm about to buy a Vita just so I can play it on Vita. In hindsight, I guess I should have thought that through a bit more before buying the PS3 version. Oh well, I guess it's more toward the "fund Final Fantasy XII International HD" campaign.

Oh, and FFX is just absolutely amazing. It's insane what happens when you experience something great a long time ago, and then re-experience it with a matured mindset. It really highlights the problems with XIII's narrative.

Manu

Okay, got upgraded Celestial weps for Tidus, Lulu and Rikku.

Then I have Auron's Masamune and Crest. Going for his Sigil now. It's one of each monster in ten areas, right? Is it better if I try areas with the least amount of monsters or will I get screwed by spawn rates?

Oh, I also have Yuna's Nirvana but since I need every single Aeon and Anima is not a possibility I guess that's a no-go.

Flandy

Working on the chocobo race.. so frustrating. Best time is 8.2 sec so far :(. By hte way, is it ok to do this race the first time you reach the calm land ? will I get
the sun sigil
when I come back to the NPC when I have the mirror ?

You might as well get the Mirror now since it's in the same area. I got the Sun Sigil before getting the mirror. In order to get the actual weapon you need to beat the chocobo racers time (whatever time they get that round. Not 0.0.0) so that the guy blocking the celestial weapon moves.

I seriously don't get how absolutely powerful the Arena monsters are. I spend all this time grinding to go through sphere grids, and it feels like I wasted my time.

Man dat scene in the Lake is still the best out of all attempted romance in FF. It just gives you such a good feeling after all the shit both Yuna and Tidus had to deal with to get there.

Makes the
ending even more heartbreaking and the perfect ending of FFX-2 even better.

FUCK YOU SQUARE AND YOUR ATTEMPT TO RUIN THIS WITH A AUDIO NOVEL!!!!!!!!!! "I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU ANYMORE" WHAT BULLSHIT!!!!! #RAGE

Flandy

Man dat scene in the Lake is still the best out of all attempted romance in FF. It just gives you such a good feeling after all the shit both Yuna and Tidus had to deal with to get there.

Makes the

FUCK YOU SQUARE AND YOUR ATTEMPT TO RUIN THIS WITH A AUDIO NOVEL!!!!!!!!!! "I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU ANYMORE" WHAT BULLSHIT!!!!! #RAGE

It's a bit more complicated than that. We had a thread about it a few months ago when the Japanese version released. I can't remember why but she still loves him :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Makes the

I put the Rinoa + Squall "Eyes on Me" space scene ahead of it.. but then again I was a lovestruck 15 year old when I played VIII... and rather "been there done that" by the time I got to X.

I'll re-evaluate it when I get to that part.

Past

Welp, I just died at the Calm Lands against that stupid monster that uses Bad Breath. Couldn't do anything for like 5 turns because of the confusions. Lost 30~ minutes of progress. D:

sZ4kzrh.jpeg

0.1 seconds.

Fuck. Yes.

Took 3 damn hours. I think I delivered a seagull/albatross/whateverphobia.

sZ4kzrh.jpeg

0.1 seconds.

Fuck. Yes.

Took 3 damn hours. I think I delivered a seagull/albatross/whateverphobia.

Nice! I almost gave up when I got 0.2, it drove me nuts to the point where I just stared at my screen with all expression washed from my face. But not too long after that I got 13 balloons, 0 hits and 34.8 seconds. I was bloody proud. Sure, part
(okay a lot)
of it was luck, but it still felt good!

I think it was 95% luck. If the balloons at the start aligned for the trainer I know I already lost.

I read that if you somehow got less than 0.0 on your first try it won't register (lol).

Now you know how I felt running into
Dark Magus Sisters
on Mushroom Rock. Was NOT expecting that.

I was walking down the path and I thought to myself "I don't remember that many people here before." Then the music played, and the cutscene shifted to them, and I actually screamed. I couldn't have ran faster if I tried. :lol

Levyne

Banned
The Ronso team is so bad. Being so slow is just a complete Achilles heel for them. I don't think I've ever used a Ronso on my team for that reason.

The Ronso team is so bad. Being so slow is just a complete Achilles heel for them. I don't think I've ever used a Ronso on my team for that reason.

I recruited Zev Ronso (outside to the right of the Luca Stadium) and he's really good at offense and defense, despite his speed.

SirNinja

Holy crap, Qactuars are awesome. No, not Cactuars (though they're awesome too); I mean their lookalikes in the Thunder Plains. Here's why:

After getting Capture weapons in the Calm Lands I decided to go to previous areas to get as much capturing out of the way as possible, and for grinding. The Thunder Plains are as far as you can go at that point. I prayed to all three stones in the plains, and now these guys are everywhere.

180px-Qactuar_FFX.png

Although they can be hard to hit, they're worth the trouble to find and take down:
  • You can steal Chocobo Feathers from them. Just 10 of them is all it takes to teach an aeon Haste, which is one of the best moves they can learn. You can also make SOS Haste armors with 20. When facing three Qactuars and with decent agility, it's not too difficult to steal around 7 or more feathers before they all run off.
  • They drop Initiative weapons (which you can also customize, using 6 feathers). Initiative raises the chance for a pre-emptive and eliminates the possibility of getting ambushed, so long as someone in the front line has one equipped. Very useful for those worried about getting ambushed by a Malboro and losing a half-hour of progress from a surprise Bad Breath.
  • Their armor drops are even better: they can have HP Stroll, MP Stroll, or even both. MP Stroll is excellent for any character, and not just early on. If Yuna and/or Lulu gets MP Stroll, you will have significantly less to worry about during long trips between save points.
  • They can be found early on, long before the game starts throwing really difficult bosses at you (and also long before you will fear seeing the word "Ambushed!" on screen). They also don't really have that high of an evasion; most characters with decent accuracy will be able to hit them fairly consistently. You also usually get a decent number of turns before they escape from battle.
I never knew just how useful these guys were. I always thought they were just good for getting an Initiative weapon, then those armors started dropping...

Hopefully this helps some people, especially first-timers. I'm amazed how I'm still near-constantly learning new stuff about this game after all this time.

pariah164

I was walking down the path and I thought to myself "I don't remember that many people here before." Then the music played, and the cutscene shifted to them, and I actually screamed. I couldn't have ran faster if I tried. :lol
ROFL, yeah, I was just like 'EFF EFF EFF' and then I got trapped. Shit wrecked sohard.

Flandy

I was grinding monsters for the arena while watching TV when suddenly a cutscene began. I was a bit confused at first and then I shat my pants when I saw them. I shat brix when they hit me for 99k like 13 times in a row or whatever it was

Neki

Nothing like getting ambushed a couple of steps away from a save sphere and losing half an hour of progress, ugh. :( I need to go grind some more I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
The end game content in FFX is just...maliciously designed.

I feel so overwhelmed by the game.

Not any more so than XII and XIII to be honest. PS2 is definitely where Square stepped up their game in terms of balancing and extra content. (Although in XIII you could argue it's where -all- the content is :V)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Finally tried out that "visual soundtrack" that came with the CE. It matches the music to pretty appropriate visuals, so that's a plus... but even better, there's an option where it serves the MP3s to an IP address on your home network. Just go to it on a PC browser and download. Very cool.

Flandy

About how long does it take to get Wakkas Overdrives and Sigil? Might do that next.

Is it hard to capture 10 of every monster in the Omega Ruins? I only have that and
Inside Sin
left. Wondering if I should save Omega Ruins till after I beat the game.

ZeroX03

Banned
Not any more so than XII and XIII to be honest. PS2 is definitely where Square stepped up their game in terms of balancing and extra content. (Although in XIII you could argue it's where -all- the content is :V)

Isn't the endgame of XIII just doing the missions and farming Adamantathingies and that's it? I platinumed it a few years ago, can't remember that well but it wasn't challenging and was pretty much just revisiting areas to kill stuff. The optional bosses in X are pretty insane and there's a good variety of mini games.

Shahadan

I don't think I'll ever be able to get Onion Knight. Seriously 100 dodging would have been the correct waqy to do that, Square.

ZeroX03

Banned
Farming One-Eyes. Anyone know why he's so easy to kill compared to the rest of the Species Conquest fiends? Super easy Mag Def spheres and Triple AP weapons, a Wakka or Tidus with their ultimate weapon easily kill him in one overdrive. Like SE knew we'd just need easy weapons and spheres for filling the grid.

Jisgsaw

Well, I finally found time to start this.

While I'm happy to FINALLY get the game in 60Hz (seriously, that 50Hz era was bad), I have a few complains:

- What the hell did they do to peoples faces, expecially Yuna's? She's now completely expressionless. I mean that was one of FFX's strong point, why mess it up?
- Same goes for Tidus' eyes. Something's definitively wrong there.
- Maybe it was because of the SD models, but I didn't remember the labial sync was so bad in this game. The sometimes pretty bad VA I remembered, it's a shame they didn't offer dual audio.

Dunan

My copy arrived from Play-Asia (
might not be using the $5 coupon they gave me
) and I'll probably play this on the commute to work next week.

I played the International version back in 2004 or so and haven't touched the game since then. I think that was the Expert sphere grid, so I thought I'd try the regular one this time. Any reason not to do this, given that I'm a pretty casual player?

Top Bottom