• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Wow thanks. I figured I'd get ribbon since I never played the INT version and wasn't sure if it helped against Dark Aeons/Penance, are you saying it's useless against them?

Last time I played this game was almost 10 years ago and I beat everyone except for
that one underwater monster to unlock Nemesis because I never used Rikku. I never even actually beat the game (yep I'm a jackass, still have my memory card with like 150+hrs played in it)
but I'm pretty sure I always used The haste/phoenix/protect/potion combo for 2 people and break HP for Tidus.

OmegaDL50

Wow thanks. I figured I'd get ribbon since I never played the INT version and wasn't sure if it helped against Dark Aeons/Penance, are you saying it's useless against them?

Last time I played this game was almost 10 years ago and I beat everyone except for
that one underwater monster to unlock Nemesis because I never used Rikku. I never even actually beat the game (yep I'm a jackass, still have my memory card with like 150+hrs played in it)
but I'm pretty sure I always used The haste/phoenix/protect/potion combo for 2 people and break HP for Tidus.

I wouldn't say it's useless it's just I mean for enemies that have Shatter or status effects that erase a character permanently from battle, it's good to have, or against annoying enemies that try to throw a dozen status on you at once (Putrid Breath, Full Break, etc)

Just got Tidus up to over 9999 health, now I need to go find out how to put break hp limit on my ribbon armor I suppose. Man, that is kinda annoying.

HeelPower

can someone advise me :is Lulu using double cast ultima with onion knight an effective strat ?

If am gonna suffer through getting the onion knight I gotta use Lulu man.

I wouldn't say it's useless it's just I mean for enemies that have Shatter or status effects that erase a character permanently from battle, it's good to have, or against annoying enemies that try to throw a dozen status on you at once (Putrid Breath, Full Break, etc)

I see, but you said some enemies nullify ribbon? Do the dark aeons or penance do that? They're all that matter since I know I can do everything up to them without ribbon

SirNinja

How many times do I have to use Yojimbo to get his compatibility with Yuna high enough for him to reliably use Zanmato?

Strictly speaking, Yoj will never ever reliably use Zanmato, even if you two are the best of friends. You could have 255 Compatibility, pay him 999,999,999 gil and have him target a Dingo, and there's still a chance he'd pull a Kozuka on it.

I think (not sure though) that he starts at 128 Compatibility. If he uses Wakizashi (his second-strongest attack) or Zanmato, his Compatibility will rise by 3-4 points. If he uses Daigoro or is dismissed, it will decrease a little. If he dies, or especially if Yuna pays him 0 gil, it will severely decrease.

Basically, pay him a lot when you use him to give him a better chance to doing stuff that will raise his Compatibility. If you're careful about it and give generously, then you'll see Zanmato more and more on average - but it won't ever be close to a sure thing. The power of the foe you're facing, as well as the Random Number Gods, have about as much of a hand in things as carefully raising Compatibility.

jaxword

Brother is covered in tattoos, has a dumb mohawk, walks around shirtless in overalls, and wants to sleep with his family members.

It's obvious when you think about it: He's a Spiran redneck.

OmegaDL50

Brother is covered in tattoos, has a dumb mohawk, walks around shirtless in overalls, and wants to sleep with his family members.

It's obvious when you think about it: He's a Spiran redneck.

Well his father Cid, DOES have that Cowboy accent so it does add up

Manu

I've been trying for the last 20 minutes to Yanmato Dark Shiva without success.

Fuck these dark aeons punishing you for not using a guide :(

EDIT: And now he won't even give me the option to pay him, he'd just Wakizashi as soon as I summon him.

B.K.

Stupid Yojimbo. He'll do Zanmato in every random encounter, but when I want to fight Dark Yojimbo, all he does is Wakizashi.

Falk

that puzzling face
There -is- an obfuscated Zanmato Resistance value per enemy, you know that right?

(Still is the fastest way to cheese some bosses regardless if you're so inclined)

Levyne

Banned
Yeah. Even thought I've maxed stats, I manged to Zanmato on Nemesis, Dark Bahamut, Anima, and Magus Sisters. I was 4/4. Either gave 100,000 or 1 mil for those. I think I doubled the number of times I've seen Zanmato in my life in me play session today.

Yeah. Even thought I've maxed stats, I manged to Zanmato on Nemesis, Dark Bahamut, Anima, and Magus Sisters. I was 4/4. Either gave 100,000 or 1 mil for those. I think I doubled the number of times I've seen Zanmato in my life in me play session today.

I was reading in an FAQ that the frequency in the International version is higher, I never saw it in the original NA game a single time no matter how much I paid YoJimbo, but the very first time and 6/7 times I used him after that I got it on the first try by paying him 10k-100k gil.

Jacobbles

Instead of grinding for Luck and Fortune Spheres, it's becoming incredibly tempting to just get rid of all the Luck Nodes with Clear Spheres :/

I'm only after the Platinum and I have no shame. Help me.

Edit: I guess my question is just how important is the luck stat? What does it actually do?

flyover

Feels good to be playing FFX again. There's one small thing my wife and I either can't remember or never knew in the first place. In the game's lore, what usually happens to
the guardians that don't become a summoner's final aeon, when a summoner has more than one guardian? Do they die somehow, too? Are some still out and about? Or do all a summoner's guardians get merged into the aeon?

Flandy

Feels good to be playing FFX again. There's one small thing my wife and I either can't remember or never knew in the first place. In the game's lore, what usually happens to
the guardians that don't become a summoner's final aeon, when a summoner has more than one guardian? Do they die somehow, too? Are some still out and about? Or do all a summoner's guardians get merged into the aeon?

Why would they die? Nothing happened to Auron until he confronted Yunalesca. If he hadn't done that he would have still been alive lol

Levyne

Banned

I'm not sure it's ever explicitly explained.
My guess is that most are essentially indoctrinated into Yunalesca's method and just become "in the know", like the Maesters of Yevon. I mean, Auron surviving to revisit Yunalesca shows that the Guardians can survive the final aeon's battle with sin and the summoner's sacrifice, so I'm unsure.

Falk

that puzzling face
Instead of grinding for Luck and Fortune Spheres, it's becoming incredibly tempting to just get rid of all the Luck Nodes with Clear Spheres :/

I'm doing this. Good old stash of MDEF spheres all ready to go once I beat Penance.

edit: To answer your question, it affects hit/evade (both incoming and outgoing) as well as critical hit chance. You absolutely need it for the superbosses unless you plan on spamming overdrives, which can't miss.

Roto13

Ha ha ha ha, I am kind of digging this Festivalist dressphere, you guys.
"FLY my pretties!" *sends out exploding goldfish*

RPGCrazied

Finally got Rikku's Sigil and weapon powered up. I now have Tidus, Yuna and Rikku all powered up weapons. So close to Auron's and Wakka's. I might try to get Kimahri's Sigil, got his weapon and crest, but Lulu's? Fuck that. lol

OmegaDL50

Edit: I guess my question is just how important is the luck stat? What does it actually do?

I've said his before but...

Luck affects two things:

1. The chance of your hits connecting (both you and the enemy)
2. The chance of a critical hit (both you and the enemy)

High Luck can make Accuracy and Evasion redundant.

255 Luck, 0 Accuracy and 0 Evasion is much better than 0 Luck, 255 Accuracy and 255 Evasion.

Yes, Luck is hard to get, but high enough it pretty much means you almost always hit and land a critical and if you have a weapon with Evade and Counter on it, it REALLY shines.

Levyne

Banned
But if you're just looking for the platinum with the least effort possible, don't bother with luck, and just Zanmato everything I guess.

OmegaDL50

But if you're just looking for the platinum with the least effort possible, don't bother with luck, and just Zanmato everything I guess.

Well with 255 ACC and EVD, I guess having at least 30 Luck should be more then efficient, I think.

I forget the stat max formula required to not ever miss and high chance critical, I'm sure there was a minimum luck value involved if you have 255 Accuracy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well with 255 ACC and EVD, I guess having at least 30 Luck should be more then efficient, I think.

I forget the stat max formula required to not ever miss and high chance critical, I'm sure there was a minimum luck value involved if you have 255 Accuracy.

Does Agility affect Crit?

Levyne

Banned
1.2 million. Figured there's nothing else to spend it on.

Except there's a few more spheres I need to buy at the Luca theater, haha. Time to kill a mimic.

Whogie

Can I get a level 3 key sphere before Mt. Gagazet?
I just got the airship, and the sooner I can find one of those spheres, the sooner Yuna can have Holy.

Holmes

Just placed down all my HP spheres. Counted how many nodes I have left to replace - about 65. That should be enough to get luck to 230 and evasion over 30, with some leftover space in case I didn't add enough of a certain stat sphere to the grid. I think I need one more +4 strength sphere, for example.

Holmes

Why are some people who spent so much time maxing stats resorting to Zanmato? Don't you want to use your uber characters?

OmegaDL50

One thing I love about the Monster Arena.

If I say for example wanted to bribe a particular monster, like the Sandworm from Bikanel Island for example.

I don't need to travel all the way to Bikanel and look for one, nope.

I can just pick it on the list in the Arena to initiate the fight without going out of my way to hunt one down. Of course to do this first requires you actually capture one naturally.

Why are some people who spent so much time maxing stats resorting to Zanmato? Don't you want to use your uber characters?

That's what I wonder too. I mean you have all of this power using the Grid, and you don't even utilize it. Whats the point.

XJF

BOOM! First Try. Best 700K I ever spent.
#TeamNoShame. Should have Platinum by Monday night!

9D4uOg3l.jpg

braves01

Banned
Can I get a level 3 key sphere before Mt. Gagazet?
I just got the airship, and the sooner I can find one of those spheres, the sooner Yuna can have Holy.

Wait a sec.
I'm at Zanarkand and I don't have the airship. Or at least I don't think I do. I've just been assuming it would come later.

Top Bottom