• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Guess it's my own damn fault, but I'm super pissed off that the Dark Aeon shit just shows up during the normal sidequest section without any sort of warning or anything. I messed around with shit, did some random stuff and popped over to Besaid to pick up the last Al Bhed Primer I missed and BAM Dark Valefor, insta-wipe. Like, fuck me. Lost too much progress.

Then I got over it as I AP juked Dark Ixion.

Got to Mi'hen Highroad tonight. Beat the Luca Goers 3-2 first time through :) Really enjoying the game so far. It looks great, and overall I like the remastered audio. However, the Luca theme and Wandering Flame are definitely severe downgrades. Major disappointment.

Anyone know exactly how to get more ability spheres this early in the game? Are they just rare-ish drops from fights? Getting a lot of progress hampered on the sphere grid because of ability nodes and no spheres to unlock them.

MSMrRound

Anyone know exactly how to get more ability spheres this early in the game? Are they just rare-ish drops from fights?

Extract Ability (Wakka has it early on standard grid/Yuna if you are using Expert Grid). Either that or you can see if you are able to get your hands on any distill ability weapons.

Anyone know exactly how to get more ability spheres this early in the game? Are they just rare-ish drops from fights? Getting a lot of progress hampered on the sphere grid because of ability nodes and no spheres to unlock them.

Hmm do you have the skill "Extract Ability"? If you use it you will get atleast one Ability Sphere after a battle :)

Atlantis

can someone advise me :is Lulu using double cast ultima with onion knight an effective strat ?

If am gonna suffer through getting the onion knight I gotta use Lulu man.

Using Ultima is a great strategy for the
dark Magus Sisters
. Don't use the Onion Knight though. Customize a weapon with Break Damage Limit, Magic Booster, Magic +20%, and Magic +10%.

Actually, I believe doublecasting Ultima actually does more damage than Quick Hit on most things over time, the problem is the long animation time.

XJF

dark Magus Sisters
. Don't use the Onion Knight though. Customize a weapon with Break Damage Limit, Magic Booster, Magic +20%, and Magic +10%.

Actually, I believe doublecasting Ultima actually does more damage than Quick Hit on most things over time, the problem is the long animation time.

I ended up Doublecasting Flare on Dark Yojimbo. Slightly less damage, but the much faster animation more than makes up for it

HeelPower

dark Magus Sisters

so 255 Magic with Onion isn't better ? Onion has 1 mp cost and is supposed to deal higher damage closer to MP no ?

I mean double casting ultima with magic booster will probably destroy MP.

Atlantis

so 255 Magic with Onion isn't better ? Onion has 1 mp cost and is supposed to deal higher damage closer to MP no ?

I believe the High MP -> More Damage is also only for physical attacks. Regardless, +20% and +10% Magic are more damage.

As for MP, throw a Three Stars. If your entire party is using Ultima, you can just use Copycat instead for 28 MP.

Levyne

Banned
0blRNJp.png

Onto X-2

:)

After I do some laundry and eat something.

OmegaDL50

Yes, with Magic Booster spells are double the MP but are 50% more powerful.

In the case for Atlantis's advice, Ultima would cost 180MP (Onion Knight would only cost 2MP). I don't believe the Mag Bonuses stack beyond 255 MAG either.

There's also the fact that customized weapons don't have the hidden modifier that Celestial Weapons have in ignoring defense either.

Atlantis

Yes, with Magic Booster spells are double the MP but are 50% more powerful.

In the case for Atlantis's advice, Ultima would cost 180MP (Onion Knight would only cost 2MP). I don't believe the Mag Bonuses stack beyond 255 MAG either.

There's also the fact that customized weapons don't have the hidden modify that Celestial Weapons have in ignoring defense.

Celestial Weapons only ignore Defense, not Magic Defense. Magic +20% actually has nothing to do with your Magic stat, it's just increases the damage of your spells by 20%.

OmegaDL50

Celestial Weapons only ignore Defense, not Magic Defense. Magic +20% actually has nothing to do with your Magic stat, it's just increases the damage of your spells by 20%.

Hmm, ah, I thought the CW's had a flat reduction for all defenses and not just physical or magic. I'll need to investigate the damage algorithms chart.

Edit: I'm talking about this by the way - http://ximpulse.net/scripts/ffx/

You just punch in the numbers and it gives you a general break down of how much damage is inflicted with overdrives, magic, physical attacks, etc. You can put in various modifiers too like the ign. def effect of Celestial Weapons and so forth. It's what I use.

HeelPower

I believe the High MP -> More Damage is also only for physical attacks. Regardless, +20% and +10% Magic are more damage.

As for MP, throw a Three Stars. If your entire party is using Ultima, you can just use Copycat instead for 28 MP.

I don't believe the Mag Bonuses stack beyond 255 MAG either.

There's also the fact that customized weapons don't have the hidden modifier that Celestial Weapons have in ignoring defense either.

Hmm, ah, I thought the CW's had a flat reduction for all defenses and not just physical or magic. I'll need to investigate the damage algorithms chart.

Guys I am so confused right now :v

Manu

1:45 AM. I got Anima and the Magus sisters, and Auron and Yuna's Celestial weapons. That's it for today.

Tomorrow it's grinding, and then I'm undecided whether to play blitzball and get Wakka's weapon, or just get to the end of the game already. Decisions, decisions...

OmegaDL50

Guys I am so confused right now :v

Yeah I can confirm that Atlantis's info checks out.

Punching in the numbers for a Lulu who has 255 MAG and a weapon with MAG +10% and +20% casting Ultima which has a base power of 70 against a Jumbo Flan who has 80 MAG DEF.

Damage results are 121k to 137k (99,999 damage basically)

However with the Onion Knight damage is 93k to 103k* (anything over 99,999 is ignored)

IF you want to determine how much damage you are going to do, Refer to the FF Wikia for the Monster Stats and use the calc to punch in the numbers for the results - http://ximpulse.net/scripts/ffx/

HeelPower

Yeah I can confirm that Atlantis's info checks out.

Punching in the numbers for a Lulu who has 255 MAG and a weapon with MAG +10% and +20% casting Ultima which has a base power of 70 against a Jumbo Flan who has 80 MAG DEF.

Damage results are 121k to 137k (99,999 damage basically)

However with the Onion Knight damage is 93k to 103k* (anything over 99,999 is ignored)

IF you want to determine how much damage you are going to do, Refer to the FF Wikia for the Monster Stats and use the calc to punch in the numbers for the results - http://ximpulse.net/scripts/ffx/

um I think difference is kinda negligible...especially considering the potential of wasting turns to restore MP after using up 360 MP to DC ultima.

If I get the onion knight I'll use it. Thanks.

Atlantis

um I think difference is kinda negligible...especially considering the potential of wasting turns to restore MP after using up 360 MP to DC ultima.

If I get the onion knight I'll use it. Thanks.

Like I said, just toss a Three Stars and the MP isn't an issue.

On enemies with higher Magic Defense than Jumbo Flan, the difference is more apparent.

XJF

Gonna easily have this baby platinum'd by tomorrow night! Sphere grid is all laid out, just gotta have the rest of my people activate the nodes. Easy Peasy. Not sure if I'll start X-2 directly after or take a break for a week or so..

cwistofu

I'm at the Thunder Plains right now. I want to recruit Kiyuri for my BB team. Will I be screwed if I wait until later to go back and get her? AKA should I take the time to backtrack all the way back to Luca right now?

I'm at the Thunder Plains right now. I want to recruit Kiyuri for my BB team. Will I be screwed if I wait until later to go back and get her? AKA should I take the time to backtrack all the way back to Luca right now?

Anything blitzball only continues when you play blitzball. If you don't play until later on when you can recruit Kiyuri then you'll be fine. If you play blitzball then another team could sign her after a game. Hope that makes sense

MSMrRound

I got Attack Reels and Status Reels for Wakka. However, both the league and tournament are showing crap for prizes. Is there anyway for me to trigger a new set of prize list without having to pay through 10 games of blitzball for nothing? (Hoping I can avoid a complete blitzball reset since I'm starting to build up my team's level...)

cwistofu

Anything blitzball only continues when you play blitzball. If you don't play until later on when you can recruit Kiyuri then you'll be fine. If you play blitzball then another team could sign her after a game. Hope that makes sense

What I'm worried about is being blocked by a big 'dark' spoiler boss.

ZeroX03

Banned
I got Attack Reels and Status Reels for Wakka. However, both the league and tournament are showing crap for prizes. Is there anyway for me to trigger a new set of prize list without having to pay through 10 games of blitzball for nothing? (Hoping I can avoid a complete blitzball reset since I'm starting to build up my team's level...)

For tournament, you can reset the prizes by just going in and out of the Blitzball menu six times.

For league, you have to reset data. You lose all your players and levels, although you can just go an rerecruit them immediately.

What I'm worried about is being blocked by a big 'dark' spoiler boss.

Only blocks Besaid.

He won't appear until you get the
Airship after Zanarkand
, as long as you didn't get the
airship
yet you'll be in the clear and can walk all the way back unimpeded.

Don't forget to pick up the Jecht Sphere from Besaid too! And Valefors second OD if you missed it the first time.

Might as well pick up some other Jecht Spheres too if you are going through al lthe trouble of backtracking to Besaid.

The problem is if you start backtracking
after the events in Macalania Temple
, you can only get as far as Guadosalam.

The only way you can get the Jecht Sphere in Besaid
without having to deal with Dark Valefor
is to backtrack the moment you beat Spherimorph. Once you start the events with
The machina boss after Rin's Travel Agency in Macalania
, you lose the chance.

Thanks! Looks like I won't need to restart, then. It's been a long time since I've played FF X, so I can't remember - is Tidus considered a guardian by that point in the game so you can freely re-enter completed temples? I know you're not allowed to re-enter temples before he's dubbed an official guardian.

ZeroX03

Banned
Thanks! Looks like I won't need to restart, then. It's been a long time since I've played FF X, so I can't remember - is Tidus considered a guardian by that point in the game so you can freely re-enter completed temples? I know you're not allowed to re-enter temples before he's dubbed an official guardian.

You cannot reenter the temple by the time of the Macalania backtrack.

You could try backtracking to Besaid immediately after Luca once dubbed a guardian and entering the temple, see if that works, but any later and they won't let you enter the temple, I tested personally.

You cannot reenter the temple by the time of the Macalania backtrack.

You could try backtracking to Besaid immediately after Luca once dubbed a guardian and entering the temple, see if that works, but any later and they won't let you enter the temple, I tested personally.

Well, fuck. Guess I DO need to restart then if I want Anima (unless I want to grind out
Dark Valefor
). Damn.

After thinking about it, I'm gonna hunt down the Primers and restart. I'll power level to the end and skip the fluff. Screw treasures and weapons. Level up at the good places the most minimum I can until the Bevelle bridge.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why do you need to get it twice?

You technically need to get lower than 0.00 so odds are he got it on the button, which won't give you the reward.

Would it have killed them to touch up the mini-game a bit? I feel like I have no control over the damn thing half the time and the other half the birds spawn on top of me.

HeelPower

Like I said, just toss a Three Stars and the MP isn't an issue.

On enemies with higher Magic Defense than Jumbo Flan, the difference is more apparent.

I guess so.

Dark Aeons have higher magic defense :s

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished my fight with story spoiler
yunalesca

I forgot to buy holy water and I was slightly under leveled too.

Was a grueling fight but I somehow made it.

Saphirax

I got him to 225k and then he declines. Also, if I lowball him and he accepts, does that lower my chance that he does Wakizashi?
The way you do it is to look at his offering price - which is 250k. Offer half that + 1 gil (125001), by the third time his offer will be 190k.

The amount you get him for doesn't matter. You increase his compatibility through battles (and decrease).

ramyeon

You technically need to get lower than 0.00 so odds are he got it on the button, which won't give you the reward.

Would it have killed them to touch up the mini-game a bit? I feel like I have no control over the damn thing half the time and the other half the birds spawn on top of me.
Yeah, he said better than 0.0 twice though that's why I was confused, sucks for people who get exactly 0.0. I am definitely glad that never happened to me.

Jacobbles

Cheesed Nemesis with Zanmato. I probably could have done it myself, but 800k was a price I was happy to pay.

Now on to Dark Yojimbo/Anima/Sisters, then Penance. I should probably also finish the main story as well, though I imagine the final bosses there will be jokes compared to what I've put up with in the arena.

Cheesed Nemesis with Zanmato. I probably could have done it myself, but 800k was a price I was happy to pay.

Now on to Dark Yojimbo/Anima/Sisters, then Penance. I should probably also finish the main story as well, though I imagine the final bosses there will be jokes compared to what I've put up with in the arena.
What's the best/easiest way to get Gil? I'm just about to go through Gagazet.

Top Bottom