• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

gotta love Tidus way of dealing with computer terminals in the early sunken-ship mission with Rikku after you've been captured by the Al Bhed. He must be the only guy that gets tech working by beating the crap out of it.

That's how I turn on my electronics too. Couple smacks here and there, a few fists to the controls, and they work like a charm

Falk

that puzzling face
I think that's almost intentional as Tidus shows this pang of regret/revelation after watching that scene in the Farplane. (At which point Brotherhood powers up and becomes quite decent)

braves01

Banned
This was the only part in the game I had trouble with too. I just got the overdrives for all the aeons and used them him. Make sure you have someone that can tank the cross-cleave attack.

I ended up doing this, and I also had had Tidus cast Hastega so he didn't even get a turn in before he was dead. There's got to be a good way to beat him without just overdriving through it. I guess I'll check yt.

HeelPower

Not any more so than XII and XIII to be honest. PS2 is definitely where Square stepped up their game in terms of balancing and extra content. (Although in XIII you could argue it's where -all- the content is :V)

X end game is way harder than XIII's. The battles in XIII are approachable and don't require too much granding or experience imo...Plus the celestial weapons are ridiculously hard to get.

XII is ridiculous too..but I still find X harder.

I love how Wakka was so happy that he gave Titus Chapu's sword when everyone ditches it the first change they get.

Brotherhood is the best sword in the game until you can either get Celestial Weapons, or make equivalent weapons. No one ditches the Brotherhood for very long until then. +10 and +5 Strength make it amazing. Waterstrike kinda hurts, but that's a small price to pay.

Zafir

Damn, I think you know you've played too much Blitzball in the past when you own the Goers in the story match. The AI was as bad as ever.
I love how Wakka was so happy that he gave Titus Chapu's sword when everyone ditches it the first change they get.
I never ditched it until pretty damn late...?

Roto13

Just finishing up Final Fantasy X now, after I took a break to play InFamous. The part of the ending where
Yuna runs to Tidus to grab him and goes through him and lands on her face makes me crack up every time.

Oddspeak

I ended up doing this, and I also had had Tidus cast Hastega so he didn't even get a turn in before he was dead. There's got to be a good way to beat him without just overdriving through it. I guess I'll check yt.

I did it like so:
0. Make sure everyone has something with Zombie Ward equipped (not ABSOLUTELY necessary, but it helps).
1. Start with Tidus, Lulu, and Wakka up front.
2. Have Lulu cast Bio (he's actually vulnerable to poison, helps a lot).
3. Have Tidus cast Hastega on team.
4. Spam Silence Buster every time Wakka's turn comes up (to keep him from casting Flare, Reflect, and Dispel on your Hasted team).
5. Start beating the shit out of him.

If you want, switch out Lulu for Auron after she casts Bio, and Haste him up too.

With this strategy, I got the job done in a couple minutes. Not a single summon was used.

Atlantis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INcCNpAwD4Y

X end game is way harder than XIII's. The battles in XIII are approachable and don't require too much granding or experience imo...Plus the celestial weapons are ridiculously hard to get.

XII is ridiculous too..but I still find X harder.

X's endgame is 'hard' because it requires annoying minigames and really tedious stat grinding to achieve. (Unless you Zanmato everything I suppose) The actual fights are probably some of the most disappointing extra content I've ever experienced.

Tiamant

I suggest we change the thread title when more people starts playing X-2

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G, A, F in position, it's showtime girls!

braves01

Banned
I did it like so:
0. Make sure everyone has something with Zombie Ward equipped (not ABSOLUTELY necessary, but it helps).
1. Start with Tidus, Lulu, and Wakka up front.
2. Have Lulu cast Bio (he's actually vulnerable to poison, helps a lot).
3. Have Tidus cast Hastega on team.
4. Spam Silence Buster every time Wakka's turn comes up (to keep him from casting Flare, Reflect, and Dispel on your Hasted team).
5. Start beating the shit out of him.

If you want, switch out Lulu for Auron after she casts Bio, and Haste him up too.

With this strategy, I got the job done in a couple minutes. Not a single summon was used.

Weird. I tried using Bio fury and every one missed him, so I just went ahead with the summon overdrives. It must be different than just normal Bio I guess :/

HeelPower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INcCNpAwD4Y

X's endgame is 'hard' because it requires annoying minigames and really tedious stat grinding to achieve. (Unless you Zanmato everything I suppose) The actual fights are probably some of the most disappointing extra content I've ever experienced.

imagine having to figure out what armors to use, how to approach each fight on your own without any guides.

That's extremely challenging and time consuming to do.The fights aren't easy even with the right stats when you don't know what to do.Tons of enemies to fight in the coliseum as well.

Atlantis

Weird. I tried using Bio fury and every one missed him, so I just went ahead with the summon overdrives. It must be different than just normal Bio I guess :/

IIRC Bio has a 100% chance of poisoning anything that isn't immune. There's no reason to ever use Bio fury. (Actually, there's almost never a reason to use Fury period)

imagine having to figure out what armors to use, how to approach each fight on your own without any guides.

That's extremely challenging and time consuming to do.The fights aren't easy even with the right stats when you don't know what to do.Tons of enemies to fight in the coliseum as well.

Using Quick Hit with Auto-Phoenix isn't much strategy to figure out. =/

Prototype

gotta love Tidus way of dealing with computer terminals in the early sunken-ship mission with Rikku after you've been captured by the Al Bhed. He must be the only guy that gets tech working by beating the crap out of it.

lol, I remember thinking the exact same thing. Really?! Your just going to pound on it till it works? smh

Korezo

Where can I farm lvl 3 or 4 spheres? I'm stuck with all my characters on the grid. I been in omega ruins for hours but only get lvl 2 spheres.

Wazzy

Banned
Man, I still think
Rikku/Wakka
was a missed opportunity. There's something about
Wakka/Lulu that feels extremely forced whereas Rikku/Wakka had the whole him overcoming his racism.

Anyway I just reached the Thunder Plains, can I start the 200 dodge now or does it need to be done later?

Mr. RHC

I love the fact that
the two Ronso are singing the hymn all beastly but when they sing together it sounds like the perfect gregorian choir, loool

Prototype

Tidus eventually becomes a decent character, but everything about him in the first 3 or 4 hours makes him seem like the biggest, dumbest piece of shit.

oh yes, I know. It's why I can never fully play ff10. I always end up putting it down. Back when in came out and now. I just can't play that game. I hate most of the characters and think they are bar-none the overall worst designed cast of characters in any FF. I essentially got this disc to play through ffx-2 again. I really don't like Tidus, or his voice, or the things he says. Some of his battle audio is down right embarrassing and sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon. Riku is ok though.

X-2 never tried to take itself (too) seriously and ends up becoming a fun romp through a pretty cool and well designed world. Also, I have a weakness for any FF with a Job System.

Son Of D

Anyway I just reached the Thunder Plains, can I start the 200 dodge now or does it need to be done later?

You can but it's recommended to wait until you get a No Encounters armour. Since the battles can throw you off the rhythm (if using the crater trick) or a flash could appear immediately as the battle ends (which will screw you over if you're not ready).

Wazzy

Banned
You can but it's recommended to wait until you get a No Encounters armour. Since the battles can throw you off the rhythm (if using the crater trick) or a flash could appear immediately as the battle ends (which will screw you over if you're not ready).

Alright cool, thanks!

I wonder if FFX was inspired by Miyazaki films at all. The overarching story and environmentalist themes, even some of the art (just got to the Djose highroad and it seems like it would be right at home in a Ghibli film) seem very Miyazaki-esque, like stuff out of Nausicaa or Princess Mononoke.

McDougles

Got 0:0:0 after an hour of attempts. Suddenly went from ~11 balloons and ~4 hits to 19 balloons and 2 hits.

Lightning dodges will probably never get done. Not focused enough.

OmegaDL50

oh yes, I know. It's why I can never fully play ff10. I always end up putting it down. Back when in came out and now. I just can't play that game. I hate most of the characters and think they are bar-none the overall worst designed cast of characters in any FF. I essentially got this disc to play through ffx-2 again. I really don't like Tidus, or his voice, or the things he says. Some of his battle audio is down right embarrassing and sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon. Riku is ok though.

X-2 never tried to take itself (too) seriously and ends up becoming a fun romp through a pretty cool and well designed world. Also, I have a weakness for any FF with a Job System.

I would say the cast of FFXIII are by far much, much worse. Also FFX-2 world is the same world as FFX by the way.

Saphirax

Oops...time to grind for a bit. Spectral Keeper is pretty much killing me within 5 turns. Can't even make a dent. Doesn't help that I don't even have Berserkward armor.

Prototype

I would say the cast of FFXIII are by far much, much worse. Also FFX-2 world is the same world as FFX by the way.

I'll agree that 13 is up there as well.

On the world, lol, yes, I know it's the same world, but it's the difference in perspective of that characters and what they are trying to do. Also, my problem was never with the world itself. I think that aspect of x/x2 is great. Spira is a nice looking, colorful, and fun place to explore.

OmegaDL50

So you lose the Jecht shot when you reset in Blitzball. Is there anyway to get it back?

You don't lose it, you just need to get back up to level 3. Fortunately Tidus starts at level 2 on a reset, and is on the verge of leveling up, so basically a pass or two should be more then enough to bump him back up to three where you can just re-equip the Jecht Shot again.

OmegaDL50

You know I don't think I'll ever need more then 999 MP.

I mean when you factor the One MP Cost ability, I don't think I'll ever run into a situation in that I'll need to cast that many spells in battle, and the worst case scenario I'll just use Osmose which with a Break Damage Limit weapon seems to absorb 5000 mp depending on enemy, so yeah.

You think it be a good idea to just use Clear Spheres on the redundant and excessive MP nodes and replace them with HP or other important stats?

Just beat
Seymour Flux on my first try. This is the farthest I've ever been in this game.

Chocobo Catcher has to be the worst minigame I have ever played. The controls are HORRRIBLE

I did that earlier today. So. Many. Tries. And then when I was ready to give up and wasn't trying too hard I got that 0 time. 11 balloons, 0 birds.

Top Bottom