• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Tizoc

I have the PS3 EU FFX HD collection. I am getting the US FFX HD Vita ver.
Is the save data region free or region restricted if I pload it to Plus and want to continue on Vita or vice versa?

Conan-san

I wonder if I'm doing myself a disservice by making my non mages go back to get Lancet (I'm currently just after the Chocobo Eater.

My memory fails me:

I'm going through the Thunder Plains for the first time in the game - I've prayed at the 3 qactuar statues. Do I have to wait til I have
the airship
before I can go back and get the spirit lance?

Holmes

0blRNJp.png

Onto X-2

:)

After I do some laundry and eat something.
Congrats!

Tell me if an old vanilla 100% guide works for the International version. :p I would think it does though.

I did enough grinding so that I could get the One Eye - Triple AP - Don Tonberry cheese going. A dozen rounds or so satisfied my curiosity and probably made my characters hilariously OP for the rest of the actual story. All the celestial weapons are powered up except for Wakka's - I don't feel like playing _that_ much blitzball. I'm probably never going to go for platinum, but it was fun doing some extra stuff. Now for the endgame and X-2.

OmegaDL50

Are mini-games worth it if you just want to beat the game?

If your definition of beating the game is Platinum, then yes, most of them are required.

If you just want to see the ending for a story completion, then no, you can avoid them if you wish.

However most of the mini-games lead to getting the most powerful pieces of equipment in the game.

Crusader

Banned
The game's pretty well-balanced if all you do is follow the story. The side content is largely for beasting superbosses and humiliating the final boss in two hits.

Xenex

Level up to level 3

Just did a reset myself. Couldn't get Status Reel and it was annoying. After resetting it suddenly appeared !

I also had this problem, I was soft resetting like crazy but they wouldn't show up. Turned out I was already midway through a league. I completed that league and sure enough Status Reels was the prize in the next league.

At Macalania the first time in FFX, need help with boss against
Seymour. Any tips? I manage to bear Anima, but Seymour's elemental spells are slaughtering my team.

Tiamant

Wow the gunner dressphere starts really bad but it improves vastly when you learn explosive and multiple shot. Mastering trigger shot timing for large chains also makes it really good, also Paine as a gunner is a total badass.

RPGCrazied

I got Attack Reels and Status Reels for Wakka. However, both the league and tournament are showing crap for prizes. Is there anyway for me to trigger a new set of prize list without having to pay through 10 games of blitzball for nothing? (Hoping I can avoid a complete blitzball reset since I'm starting to build up my team's level...)

There is one more reel, Auroch reels. It won't even show up unless Wakka has been in 450 battles.

Bought the game over the weekend, enjoying it so far.

Is anyone else having audio issues with it though? Game loads in Dolby Digital and then reverts to Sterero once a pre-rendered cutscene starts. Audio stays in stereo for the duration of the playtime until I restart the game (to which the vicious loop starts all over again). Any update on if SE is aware of this?

anddo0

If your definition of beating the game is Platinum, then yes, most of them are required.

If you just want to see the ending for a story completion, then no, you can avoid them if you wish.

However most of the mini-games lead to getting the most powerful pieces of equipment in the game.

If you're in it for the story and not concerned with the celestial weapons and aren't finding them fun, not really no.

I don't care about the Platinum in this game, too time consuming.

I'm playing for story only. I've only ever played the PS2 demo of this game.

As long as it's possible to beat the game without ultimate weapons. I'm good with that.

Bought the vita version and am playing FFX now for the first time. It's really good so far, I'm about 10 hours in. How long on average does it take to finish the story of these games?

OmegaDL50

^ this.

i have the old ffx ps2 brady guide. is the info in it accurate for the hd version?

It should be to get the 100% story completion.

The only additions are two entirely new Dress Spheres, Monster and NPCs you can recruit as party members, the Coliseum and the Last Mission stuff, which won't any effect on the 100% completion.

Jacobbles

Everything in FFX is done, except for maxing out everyones sphere grids. Currently grinding for "purple" spheres to fill in the empty nodes. It feels like this is going to take f o r e v e r

Wow, how are people platting the game already? You must be playing a LOT.
I got the game before it was released and have been playing an hour or so a day and I'm only up to the Macalania Trials.

OmegaDL50

I would gladly exchange my 33 Lv3 sphere for even a handful of lv4 ;(

Bribe Chimera Brains in the Calm Lands, they will give you 2 of them if you hand over 200,000 Gil.

They show up in groups of two so for about 400k you can walk away with four of them.

Money shouldn't be an issue if you can fight Mimics in the
Omega Ruins
who gives 50,000 gil a pop, or you can repeatedly kill One Eye in the Battle Arena and sell the weapons and armors he drops for 20k to 60k a piece.

BriGuy

Quick FFX question - how soon can I get back into the Besaid and Kilika cloisters of trials? I botched the destruction sphere treasures and would hate having to run through some super-powered dark aeons to get them if I can avoid it.

Quick FFX question - how soon can I get back into the Besaid and Kilika cloisters of trials? I botched the destruction sphere treasures and would hate having to run through some super-powered dark aeons to get them if I can avoid it.

I am afraid i have some bad news for you...

Scuderia

It's been so long since i've played this, but is it a good idea to teach Yuna all the black magic, and not really use Lulu at all? Seem to remember Yuna having better base magic

I've only just got to Kilika.

Quoting this as got no answer before.

anyone?

ZeroX03

Banned
Quoting this as got no answer before.

anyone?

The base magic is negligible and means absolutely nothing late game, keep using Lulu. I used the expert grid and just had the two learn both white and black magic. Why limit yourself to only one mage?

EDIT: AP also scales until S. Lvl 101, so if you're forcing Yuna through two grids you're going to have to grind a lot to keep her where she should be.

Shahed

Anyone else have a problem when doing 200 lightning bolts? I must be on 180 odd at the moment. I've been using the spot in the first screen near the lightning rod and crater to force the bolt down. But all of a sudden the bolts aren't coming anymore. I'm scared to go even further out in case I mess up :(

EDIT: I went for broke since they were no longer spawning on the crater for some reason. I ventured out and managed to do another 12 before being struck. I went back praying I had enough. Turned out I had 227! I must have undercounted somewhere and alreary had enough when the bolts stopped spawning. Oh well I've done it now!

prwxv3

Anyone else have a problem when doing 200 lightning bolts? I must be on 180 odd at the moment. I've been using the spot in the first screen near the lightning rod and crater to force the bolt down. But all of a sudden the bolts aren't coming anymore. I'm scared to go even further out in case I mess up :(

I think you need to make sure you walk far enough away from it for it to reset then come back.

Hollycat

The Luca goers quickly become the worst team, their prayer for competition must have been answered, because at 15 games they haven't won once. I just finished a 0-15 game against them. How in the world were they ever the champs?

Top Bottom