• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Falk

that puzzling face
imagine having to figure out what armors to use, how to approach each fight on your own without any guides.

That's extremely challenging and time consuming to do.The fights aren't easy even with the right stats when you don't know what to do.Tons of enemies to fight in the coliseum as well.

For me back in the day the big 'a-ha' moment was realizing Penance could not use his ultimate move when either of his hands were gone. After that it was just a numbers game and stat grinding more than what was required to cheese Dark Bahamut.

(All non-Yojimbo, of course. Didn't even realize Yojimbo could 1-shot bosses at that point in time)

Makki

Probably way behind everyone but... I finally won that damned blitzball game. Fuck blitzball, fuck the goers, fuck the knicks.

Chocobo Catcher has to be the worst minigame I have ever played. The controls are HORRRIBLE

Yes.

However, you can mitigate it bu just realizing that you should only use the left and right buttons of the dpad gently. It really helped me out a lot.

It's also mostly luck based due to the random placements of the balloons.

Shahed

When you get the ball, press triangle and switch to manual A. I am now winning games easily,

Sorry let me clarify. Blitzball is really easy. It's also mind numbingly boring.

The bit I'm struggling with is trying to deliberately concede a goal so I can forfeit and make the League go by faster. Even with putting players in the wrong positions, it's hard ue to the stupid AI. No! Don't Pass! You're through on goal with a Keeper with 1 Catch! Shoot damn you!

RPGCrazied

Ran into Dark Ixion today, thankfully you can flee from that battle. lol I must say the Cactuar quest for Rikku's Sigil is annoying without a guide.

Roto13

Ran into Dark Ixion today, thankfully you can flee from that battle. lol I must say the Cactuar quest for Rikku's Sigil is annoying without a guide.

It's annoying *with* a guide, because that desert is too big to be wandering around forever, but it's less annoying than lightning dodging, butterfly catching, and chocobo racing.

Manu

It's annoying *with* a guide, because that desert is too big to be wandering around forever, but it's less annoying than lightning dodging, butterfly catching, and chocobo racing.

When the ninth cactuar
teleports into the ship
, god that was annoying.

RPGCrazied

A lot of this game would be less annoying with cutscene skip.

>:C

God, tell me about. Specially against
Yunalesca
! There is like a 15 minutes cutscene before the boss. And its pretty hard if you aren't prepared or going through it first time.

In Bikanel Desert every single time Wakka attacks, the frame rate drops to shit and I think my game is about to crash.

Anyone else have this happen?

EDIT: ok it's not just Bikanel, it's any time Wakka kills something the game fucks up. Just started when I went back to Bikanel

nobody? Is my game broken or something?

Disc or digital? I haven't had any issues with the digital version.

Vita cartridge

I've seen it dip in the desert, but not during battle. Only when near the Cactuar village and the sand mist effect.

I've had a few slight dips here and there, but now every single time Wakka kills something it shows like 3 frames for the entire animation of him throwing the ball and the enemy dying, then it goes back to normal for the victory fanfare or next person's attack. If Wakka attacks something and doesn't kill it, the frame rate is perfect.

Falk

that puzzling face
Only time I've seen it dip on PS3/disc was close-up in front of the purple smog before Omega Weapon.

Shahadan

Vita cartridge

I've had a few slight dips here and there, but now every single time Wakka kills something it shows like 3 frames for the entire animation of him throwing the ball and the enemy dying, then it goes back to normal for the victory fanfare or next person's attack. If Wakka attacks something and doesn't kill it, the frame rate is perfect.

Hardware can't handle dat skin.

I had quite a lot of framerate drops during some cutscenes but nothing like that.

bummer.

If it was just a slight slowdown or happened when a shitty character like Lulu or Kimahri killed someone I wouldn't care, I'd just bench them for the rest of the game, but it's Wakka :(

Son Of D

You know I don't think I'll ever need more then 999 MP.

I mean when you factor the One MP Cost ability, I don't think I'll ever run into a situation in that I'll need to cast that many spells in battle, and the worst case scenario I'll just use Osmose which with a Break Damage Limit weapon seems to absorb 5000 mp depending on enemy, so yeah.

You think it be a good idea to just use Clear Spheres on the redundant and excessive MP nodes and replace them with HP or other important stats?

If you're using Yuna's Aeons you can give her the MP so that they get a good supply of MP. Although I can't imagine a scenario where even they'll need more than 999MP.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i forgot how boring the start of FFX is

that game really only gets going once you have all the party members

Btw my Yuna is already at 9999 hp, if I activate more HP nodes, it goes to the Aeons right?

I don't remember if aeons automatically have break HP limit but yes, it should. Once you get break HP limit for Yuna her health will go up by whatever amount you have invested in with those HP nodes also.

I never really messed around much with the customization for the armors on each character. I usually just got the ultimate weapons for characters, then beat the game. What are some good suggestions for auto-abilities to have in the armors? Any certain armors that are the best ones? I'm not really close to the end, but just thinking ahead.

Holmes

999 MP is good for Quick Hit on Dark Aeons and other bosses, I guess. But using a Three Stars for 0 MP consumption is pretty useful. MP is kind of useless.

SoraanTribal - Auto-Haste is always useful. Break HP Limit if you want it, and Auto-Regen if you do use it. Otherwise, Auto-Potion with X-Potions is good for healing. Auto-Protect is very useful. Ribbon or Stoneproof is useful against Dark Aeons. If you don't break HP limit, Defense+20% is helpful.

999 MP is good for Quick Hit on Dark Aeons and other bosses, I guess. But using a Three Stars for 0 MP consumption is pretty useful. MP is kind of useless.

SoraanTribal - Auto-Haste is always useful. Break HP Limit if you want it, and Auto-Regen if you do use it. Otherwise, Auto-Potion with X-Potions is good for healing. Auto-Protect is very useful. Ribbon or Stoneproof is useful against Dark Aeons. If you don't break HP limit, Defense+20% is helpful.

Cool, thanks. Gonna copy/paste some of those into a notepad file, lol.

Guzim

I bought this yesterday, and I'm 4 hours into FFX. I haven't played it since 2002 or so, but I forgot how much I love this game. I never played X-2 before so I can't wait to play that too.

OMFG FINALLY got 0: 0.0! Never ever doing this shit again in my life.
rA832.gif

Fuckin casuals. Welcome to Spira!
zSbapIe.gif

OmegaDL50

for armor I'm thinking of doing auto-phoenix, auto-haste, auto-protect, and ribbon.

or should I do break HP limit instead of auto-protect?

Auto-Phoenix is decent however you'll need to have a supply of Phoenix Downs at all times, which is a non-issue usually.

Auto-Protect cuts ALL physical damage in half, and more monsters tend to use physical damage attacks rather then magic-based attacks. If an attack is going to hit and do physical damage (unless it ignores status protection), and hits for 5000, Auto-Protect will force it to only do 2500 instead. Also Auto-Protect is factored AFTER your natural Defense stat so it effectively allows you withstand physical hits even beyond 255 DEF.

Break HP Limit isn't really necessary because most of the Dark Aeons, Nemesis, and Penance usually hit for 99,999 for most big attacks anyways so at that point the game becomes a one-shot fest, and you are heavily relying on the instant revive of Auto-Phoenix to stay in the game.

Auto-Haste doesn't need an explanation, easily the best ability to have on armor in the game.

Auto-Ribbon while a great ability on paper, however there are very few enemies in the game that have such debilitating attacks such as Bad Breath from Malboro's would necessitate it's need at all times, also there are some monsters that ignore status defense, ignoring Ribbon's effect.

My personal preference is to have two characters with Break HP Limit, Auto-Protect, Auto-Haste, and Auto-Phoenix...and a 3rd character with Auto-Ribbon, Auto-Protect, Auto-Haste, and Auto-Phoenix, that way you'll have two HP Juggernauts and one Status Protector who can use a Remedy or Esuna on reaction to cover all bases.

HeelPower

for armor I'm thinking of doing auto-phoenix, auto-haste, auto-protect, and ribbon.

or should I do break HP limit instead of auto-protect?

we need stone proof for Dark bahamut right ?

So auto-phoenix,haste,protect and stone proof should be good for all dark aeons or did I miss something ?

OmegaDL50

Auto Haste also trumps slows that pierce Ribbon.

I guess that means the most useless armor ability in the game is either Slowproof or Break MP Limit.

I mean I don't think anyone needs 9999 MP and well Auto-Haste does the same thing as Slowproof but more..

OmegaDL50

I used this guide to get 100% in Final Fantasy X-2 like 10 years ago. Is there anything in the international version that I should watch out for?

Two entirely new Dress Spheres, Monster Recruits and the Coliseum and the Last Mission stuff.

Story Completion to get 100% remains to be the same, the new stuff won't any effect on that.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess that means the most useless armor ability in the game is either Slowproof or Break MP Limit.

I mean I don't think anyone needs 9999 MP and well Auto-Haste does the same thing as Slowproof but more..

As an added insult to injury slows that pierce ribbon naturally also pierce Slowproof. :V

But if you want to go even deeper down the rabbit hole, think about this: Slow Ward does what Slowproof does, but only half the time.

HeelPower

For me back in the day the big 'a-ha' moment was realizing Penance could not use his ultimate move when either of his hands were gone. After that it was just a numbers game and stat grinding more than what was required to cheese Dark Bahamut.

(All non-Yojimbo, of course. Didn't even realize Yojimbo could 1-shot bosses at that point in time)

figuring out good armor and grinding is part of the difficulty for me.

But I guess most of it is well known at this point.

OmegaDL50

we need stone proof for Dark bahamut right ?

So auto-phoenix,haste,protect and stone proof should be good for all dark aeons or did I miss something ?

If you are going to use Stone-Proof on your ultimate Armor you might as well put Ribbon on it instead because Ribbon also covers Poison, Confuse, Curse, Sleep, and Silence as well.

B.K.

How many times do I have to use Yojimbo to get his compatibility with Yuna high enough for him to reliably use Zanmato?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If you are going to use Stone-Proof on your ultimate Armor you might as well put Ribbon on it instead because Ribbon also covers Poison, Confuse, Curse, Sleep, and Silence as well.

Yeah, but adding Ribbon to an armor is a work of tedium. You are better off fighting Dark Yojimbo 4 times, then leaving and coming back. He can drop armor with Ribbon and 3 empty slots. It's faster.

Top Bottom