• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Tiamant

Guys, I'm going to start FFX-2 soon, anything I should watch out for in particular? I don't want to use a guide and get the most out of the game. I know the game has a true ending or some such but I'll just watch that on youtube.

You can miss 3-4 dresspheres if you don't follow a guide. This game is a lot of good things but it isn't kind to first players. Since usually you need 2 runs to get 100% I'd say to play the first time without guide and then do new game+ with one.

I just reached chapter
and suddenly I'm dying a lot. This one was hilarius because a badly timed slot machine + an enemy thundaga murdered me :(

NmSuqDN.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
What and where are the missable Al bhed primers? I just finished my first fight against
Seymour
so I'm thinking I should make sure I haven't missed them since I haven't been looking for them at the moment.

Levyne

Banned
What and where are the missable Al bhed primers? I just finished my first fight against
Seymour
so I'm thinking I should make sure I haven't missed them since I haven't been looking for them at the moment.

3 in Al Bhed Home and 1 before the Bevelle Cloister of trials. 19-22

Man fuck pushing pedestals in this game. Getting Tidus to actually stick to them is a pain. I don't remember it being this difficult on the PS2.

I use the D-pad to move when I'm pushing pedestals.

I did on the PS2 version as well, I never could line him up properly with the analog sticks.

I did on the PS2 version as well, I never could line him up properly with the analog sticks.

You should also hold O and walk up to the pedestals. Makes it a lot easier.

Just beat Yunalesca. Barely had any trouble and I don't even know Holy yet. I don't feel like I've overleveled at all, yet none of the story bosses have any given me any issues yet. Cool story I know. It almost feels like I'm toying with them.

Arthea

it's actually other way around me, I read all the time that people find many tasks of FFX easier to with dpad, for me everything is worse while trying to use dpad, for example I did Remiem chocobo race with stick every time, and on PS2 and on PS3. Dpad just make things even worse.

Atlantis

Lulu for black mage and Yuna for healing / summons is crucial.

My final party was Lulu / Yuna / Auron

The game gives you access to your entire party at all times, you don't really have a "main party" like in other FF games unless you're purposely challenging yourself.

I guess so.

Dark Aeons have higher magic defense :s

This totally slipped my mind, but if you want, you can customize a weapon with Break Damage Limit, Magic +20%, Magic Booster, and One MP Cost instead of Magic +10% and it'll still do more damage than the Onion Knight.

Since spells don't get the special bonuses from Celestial Weapons, it's all about the factors and unfortunately the Onion Knight has the totally worthless Triple Overdrive on it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I've been spending most of my time on DSII, but I've decided to play this for a bit. I forget that this was the first FF with voice acting...it shows. Also, whenever Tidus starts his narration, I keep thinking he's going to tell me about some new thickburger at Hardees.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just got to the calm the lands. Anything I need to do here before proceeding to gagazet besides monster taming??

That's the most important thing, as the capture weapons will save you time later if you get and use them now.

Levyne

Banned
I'm following this guide for 100% and so far is working wonders for me. Also I recommend to start the PR campaign and marriage quests as soon as possible, there's also a fine guide for it.

Yeah I was following a guide (not the same one) and I just wasn't reading it carefully enough and didn't talk to Tobli before starting the mission in the Moonflow. Lame.

Listening to Maechen again, haha

I don't think so unless you're some kind of robot. Max I can ever get is 9.
Or you are Japanese, because they can do super human things in games.

Anyways, Expert grid is fun. Got Lulu's Fire - Blizzara before meeting Riku. You have to adjust for lacking stats by strategy. It is way more fun than the Standard.

Or you are Japanese, because they can do super human things in games.

Anyways, Expert grid is fun. Got Lulu's Fire - Blizzara before meeting Riku. You have to adjust for lacking stats by strategy. It is way more fun than the Standard.

:p

I'm from the UK so the Expert grid is old news to me. I actually prefer the standard, but I think that's because I'm slightly obsessive about doing things the 'way they're supposed to be done' and so the Standard fits with the characters and the natural progression of the game.... that makes me sound a little OCD... I'm not.

I have never been able to do it, ever. Its the hardest boss in the entire game.

Quote fail??

Manu

After finishing Tidus' main path in the sphere grid, shoud I take him through Auron's?

I'm not interested in filling out every single node.

Shahed

I don't think so unless you're some kind of robot. Max I can ever get is 9.
I regularly got at least 11. Haven't tried in a whIle and her Magic has gotten a lot stronger since. Trick is to not use your thumb and instead put the top of your palm on the right analag instead. You can rotate your hand much faster and smoother than your thumbs. Works on both Vita and PS3.

B.K.

Finished Omega Ruins. The only place left to get monsters now is the final dungeon. I guess it's time to advance the story.

Man Chocobo Racing sucked as much as I remembered. ;_;

They really should have put a braking system or had more balloons or didn't have birds that spawn at random places.

Seriously wish those birds were enemies so I could kill them.

I regularly got at least 11. Haven't tried in a whIle and her Magic has gotten a lot stronger since. Trick is to not use your thumb and instead put the top of your palm on the right analag instead. You can rotate your hand much faster and smoother than your thumbs. Works on both Vita and PS3.

That's exactly the technique I use :D

Either your Lulu has a much higher magic stat than mine, or you have a crazy hand speed.

Aaron's standard path gives you power buffs, so it will help out.

Why do people keep calling him Aaron? Autocorrect?

:p

I'm from the UK so the Expert grid is old news to me. I actually prefer the standard, but I think that's because I'm slightly obsessive about doing things the 'way they're supposed to be done' and so the Standard fits with the characters and the natural progression of the game.... that makes me sound a little OCD... I'm not.

I understand what you mean. As someone who never played the International edition, I chose the Expert Sphere Grid to see what all was changed. I'm surprised at how different it is to the Standard one. There's a bit of nonlinear aspects to it. Sometimes I can get lost trying to find the direction I should be taking Yuna to learn her White Magic for example. I run into Lulu's path quite easily as Yuna which is useful, but at the same time, I like doing things how it's supposed to be done. Sometimes I waste sphere levels backtracking after picking up a few abilities in other sections before turning where they should be going.

Man Chocobo Racing sucked as much as I remembered. ;_;

They really should have put a braking system or had more balloons or didn't have birds that spawn at random places.

Seriously wish those birds were enemies so I could kill them.
Dude they would put Penance to shame. Even if you Zanmatod one 1000 more would spawn instantly next to you and hit immediately.

Shahed

That's exactly the technique I use :D

Either your Lulu has a much higher magic stat than mine, or you have a crazy hand speed.

Why do people keep calling him Aaron? Autocorrect?

Been doing it since just after Luca. I'd like to think it's the latter!

First I've seen this with Auron. The one that annoys me is whenever I see or hear Laura Croft instead of Lara Croft. I know it's not Autocorrect at play either

Shahadan

Complaining on gaf does work ! So, no more hunting for me yay!
I guess there is no way to track which monsters you've already killed in the arena? =_=

Shahed

Where do you buy the 4 free slot weapon and armours from again?

EDIT: Never mind. I only checked near the save point in Macalania, not the exit

Top Bottom