• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Roto13

Yes. Can I just cheese the rest of the game with them?

Yeah. Build up your Aeons' overdrive meters before a boss, then just summon them one by one and murder all of the bosses. You might be able to one-shot the final form of the final boss with the Magus Sisters.

Atlantis

Quoting this as got no answer before.

anyone?

Teaching Yuna Black Magic is good, but neglecting Lulu is not. There's no reason to limit yourself to one mage, especially since Black Magic is your best source of damage for a good chunk of the game.

Lulu and Yuna have the same base Magic stat. If you're playing with the Expert Grid then Lulu has really easy access to the huge Magic stat boosts in Yuna's grid. (The section around Protect and Shell is a standout) She also has very easy access to Magic Booster.

QP3

So I am only about 3 hours in, but would like to know when I should start strategizing my sphere grid options for each of the characters?

Is there a general "best" route for each of them, or can you not really screw it up?

I am using the standard grid. Thanks!

pariah164

So I am only about 3 hours in, but would like to know when I should start strategizing my sphere grid options for each of the characters?

Is there a general "best" route for each of them, or can you not really screw it up?

On standard, you really can't screw it up. The only character without a set path is Kimahri, but his thing is learning other people's abilities, so that's why.

Teaching Yuna Black Magic is good, but neglecting Lulu is not. There's no reason to limit yourself to one mage, especially since Black Magic is your best source of damage for a good chunk of the game.

Lulu and Yuna have the same base Magic stat. If you're playing with the Expert Grid then Lulu has really easy access to the huge Magic stat boosts in Yuna's grid. (The section around Protect and Shell is a standout) She also has very easy access to Magic Booster.

This is my first time using the Expert Sphere Grid, and I really like it for this reason. I sent my Yuna down Lulu's path a little to get those spells, and she's doing more damage than my Lulu currently, lol. Lulu can heal when need be now as well.

---

Luzzu or Gatta... Luzzu or Gatta... Hmm... I feel like the game wants
Luzzu to be the one to die based on the cutscene prior to going up to the command center, but I much prefer Luzzu as a character, lol.

Atlantis

Everyone's path on the Standard Grid is linear except for Kimahri. You can choose to follow anyone's path with him except Auron's.

QP3

On standard, you really can't screw it up. The only character without a set path is Kimahri, but his thing is learning other people's abilities, so that's why.

Everyone's path on the Standard Grid is linear except for Kimahri. You can choose to follow anyone's path with him except Auron's.

Great, thanks! For some reason I remembered having options with how I developed the characters when I played back on PS2.

Holmes

Tidus doesn't want to learn the Loner overdrive mode. What's the deal? Had my other two characters escape, Tidus hasted, defended for over a hundred turns, and still no Loner.

Roto13

Great, thanks! For some reason I remembered having options with how I developed the characters when I played back on PS2.

Your characters can move into other characters' areas of the grid once you get the right key spheres. But early on, that won't happen.

Jacobbles

Tidus doesn't want to learn the Loner overdrive mode. What's the deal? Had my other two characters escape, Tidus hasted, defended for over a hundred turns, and still no Loner.

Are you in a Monster Arena battle? Because characters can't learn overdrive modes there IIRC.

Roto13

How much money should I donate to the merchant guy who keeps hitting me up for money?

The amount of inflation he has on his products depends on how much you give him. The only amount that's worth it is 1001 gil to reduce his jacked up prices a little bit. Giving him enough gil to reach the next "discount" isn't worth it unless you buy more stuff from him than you are likely to want to.

Wallonsi

Neo Member
After 4 hours I finally managed to get the sun sigil. Afterwards I ran like a little girl to the nearest save sphere fleeing all battles, once I saved I quit the game and uploaded my save to the PS plus cloud thing just to be sure because I never want to do that again in my entire life.

Luigi87

Moment when things are going fairly well against a certain bitch of a boss who likes to inflict Zombie status, and then you forget that one of your party members has Stonetouch equipped, gets confused, and Petrifies/destroys herself...

>_<

Holmes

Are you in a Monster Arena battle? Because characters can't learn overdrive modes there IIRC.
Yeah, I was. Didn't know you couldn't learn overdrive modes there. Weird.

Oh well, got my Loner for Tidus. It's fun seeing Slice & Dice only do 30k damage each hit at first to Earth Eater, then seeing more and more 60k hits as his luck slowly increases.

Nexas

Man fuck pushing pedestals in this game. Getting Tidus to actually stick to them is a pain. I don't remember it being this difficult on the PS2.

Man fuck pushing pedestals in this game. Getting Tidus to actually stick to them is a pain. I don't remember it being this difficult on the PS2.

Yeah it's sooooo bad. I dicked around in the Kilika temple for so long because I accidentally shoved the pedestal into a corner and I didn't know how to reset it. I actually really enjoy the cloisters but the pedestals are god-awful.

Luigi87

Should I go Standard or Expert Sphere Grid.

I last played this game back in 2002 lol.

I recommend Expert. I also hadn't played in over a decade, and while I'm still primarily taking characters through their own paths, it is nice to be able to grab some things here and there that they wouldn't have been able to at that point in Standard (IE: Tier 1 black magic on Yuna, white magic on Lulu). Especially since Yuna's magic stat is so good, that her Tier 1 spells do the same damage as Lulu's Tier 2 when they get that far.

I just got to Remiem Temple. Anything I should be doing now to avoid getting blocked by
Dark Aeons at some part?
? I got all Destruction and Jecht Spheres so far, plus Energy Blast.

pariah164

I just got to Remiem Temple. Anything I should be doing now to avoid getting blocked by
Dark Aeons at some part?
? I got all Destruction and Jecht Spheres so far, plus Energy Blast.
You need to get Anima, Yojimbo, the Flower Sceptre and Blossom Crown before you can get the Magus Sisters. The Flower Sceptre is gained by defeating Belgemine's Bahamut at Remiem Temple. And for the Blossom Crown, you have to capture one of every fiend in Mount Gagazet. Remiem Temple has nothing to do with Dark Aeons, so you can backtrack safely.

Levyne

Banned
Just woke up.

Nice! Were you able to do this in one play through?

Yeah. If you get all the primers there's no reason it should take more!

Congrats!

Tell me if an old vanilla 100% guide works for the International version. :p I would think it does though.

Will do, but might take awhile for me to be able to say, I'm sure more people are farther along. And I think there's at least one trophy that makes it so it requires two playthroughs anyway.

Congrats! How long?

Hard to say, I idled a lot so the in game timer is inflated. Let's just say I don't have a lot of other hobbies and didn't do much else than play this. A bit sad, but whatever.

magawolaz

The quickest method to level up is the Don Tonberry trick. (99 Sphere levels in 5 minutes)

First you'll need to capture 5 of each of the Flying Eyeball fiends to unlock One-Eye. (To get Triple AP weapons from killing him) and one of every fiend in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (To unlock Don Tonberry)

Then you'll need to capture all fiends from 6 different areas (Go back to easier areas like Besaid, Killika, etc and one shot everything for easy capturing) Doing this will reward you with 99 Doors of Tomorrow in the Battle Arena.

On your Triple AP weapons won from One-Eye, use 10 Doors of Tomorrow on them to get the Overdrive AP ability, now you are ready to start the Don Tonberry Trick.

You'll want three characters with the weapons, preferably the one character who got the most kills in the game so far (Probably Tidus)

So setup Tidus with the Stoic Overdrive mode, and two other characters with AP weapons to Comrade mode.

Initiate a fight with Don Tonberry in the arena, have your Stoic OD guy attack the Tonberry and then revive him, have him attack again, and then revive him again, etc. If the Tonberry gets too close, Use the Flee command and reap in your rewards of hundreds and thousands of AP and mass levels.

Killing Don Tonberry is unnecessary. You are basically converting damage recieved into Overdrive gauge, and that overdrive is converted into AP which is tripled.

This is bar none the quickest way to level and max the sphere grid in the game.
Holey shit, this is incredible.

Too bad I can't seem to get Triple AP weapons from that mofo, he keeps giving me MP protections. Is it random or should I do something specific? (like, trying not to overkill him or something)
Anyway, thank you!

Holey shit, this is incredible.

Too bad I can't seem to get Triple AP weapons from that mofo, he keeps giving me MP protections. Is it random or should I do something specific? (like, trying not to overkill him or something)
Anyway, thank you!

It's just random. You can sell the drops for good money though so fighting him pays for itself

Arthea

Yojimbo is mine, now I'm poor again. Remiem chocobo race is done, that took longer than I expected and I'm trying to get attack reels now. To think about it, I thought Jecht shot is sure thing... it is not, I'm one match away from my prize, and I can't win. It's somewhat ridiculous. Luca's players can score from any place, if they shoot from my side of field, they still score, if I shoot right infront of their gate, a goalie catches the ball. I tried 3 times, when they get the ball, it's end for me. sigh
Chocobo catcher is even worse, my first time I had on my side or obtainable 5 balloons... 5, others were out of range or birdies were in a way. I won, but with 36 seconds time... It wasn't my day, for sure.
And I vividly remember why I said myself never again decade ago, and here I'm doing it again...

burgerdog

Guys, I'm going to start FFX-2 soon, anything I should watch out for in particular? I don't want to use a guide and get the most out of the game. I know the game has a true ending or some such but I'll just watch that on youtube.

Levyne

Banned
Guys, I'm going to start FFX-2 soon, anything I should watch out for in particular? I don't want to use a guide and get the most out of the game. I know the game has a true ending or some such but I'll just watch that on youtube.

The game has a lot of missable stuff. If you don't care and want to get the most out of it, just simply avoid the "hot spot" areas until you've explored where you want to. For instance, in chapter 1 the first hot spots are in Besaid and Zanarkand, but there's some stuff to see (or at least items to grab) in all of the other places too.

burgerdog

The game has a lot of missable stuff. If you don't care and want to get the most out of it, just simply avoid the "hot spot" areas until you've explored where you want to. For instance, in chapter 1 the first hot spots are in Besaid and Zanarkand, but there's some stuff to see (or at least items to grab) in all of the other places too.

Alright, how important is the missable stuff, are we talking about dress spheres or just items/weapons? The one thing that would bother me is dress spheres so if I have to use a guide for that I will.

Arthea

It's OK to play without the guide, I did that first time, missed some stuff, but I did fairly good. The game is supposed to be played multiple times, actually.

Zafir

I remember I did about 3ish playthroughs of X-2 back on it's release without a guide. Never did manage to get 100%, was stupidly close though, like 98 or 99%. Never did figure out what it was that I missed. :X

Manu

Finished Yuna's main path and had her move to Lulu's. I'm backtracking my way through Lulu's stronger magics and status upgrades, Yuna is now a fucking BEAST.

Lulu for black mage and Yuna for healing / summons is crucial.

My final party was Lulu / Yuna / Auron

Made it to the calm lands. Now to spend the next 10 hour ignoring the story. Curse you remiem temple 5 chest race. Just a second too slow.

Also found out the hard way that the dark aeon have spawned now.

Luigi87

Man, sniping Nimrook was the best thing to do for Blitzball. Definitely making things easier to getting Wakka's Overdrives.

Arthea

Made it to the calm lands. Now to spend the next 10 hour ignoring the story. Curse you remiem temple 5 chest race. Just a second too slow.

Also found out the hard way that the dark aeon have spawned now.

There is something really weird about that race, I did it today too.
I can't believe I took exactly the same time every time, but I was getting there together with other chocobo all the time, exactly in same position, he on the left, meaning he wins, I'm on the right, time after time after time. It's seriously odd, it just not possible!

Top Bottom