• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

OmegaDL50

Anything without Auto-Haste is not worth it. Replace Auto-Reflect with it. Auto-Shell is also not very worth it.

The main reason why Auto-Shell sucks is that it should cut all magic damage in half. Unfortunately it also happens to cut the effects of Healing spells in half too.

There is also the matter there is far more monsters that use physical damage related skills then magic ones, making the difference between Auto-Protect and Auto-Reflect/Shell that much more significant.

Auto-Haste is bar none is the best ability to have on any piece of armor. Auto-Phoenix is also extremely good.

To automatically get revived upon death and to nearly have 3 times as many turns compared to the enemy is a huge boon.

Man. After spending most of the day working to get that 200 lightning strikes dodge achievement, trying (and failing) the butterfly catch multiple times and then learning that I either forgot to save after I got the sun crest or I didn't do it at all and will now have to fight Dark Bahamut for it, I think I may be done with this game for awhile.

ramyeon

Damn, I forgot how annoying it is trying to get all the extra stuff in this game. SE really wanted to fuck players over in this game.

Trying to dodge lightning bolts and found a decent place that gives me two bolts within moments of each other and then a few seconds but I keep losing focus after about the 50th bolt.
That spot is much better utilised by running around in circles and forcing one lightning bolt every time you hit the ditch. I wouldn't count either, just do that constantly for at least 25 minutes and you'll be fine. I set a timer for 5 minutes and took breaks between sessions. It's not that hard when you force the bolts to appear instead of having to wait and time your presses.

There are videos on YouTube of it:
http://youtu.be/PNjKL7aZY4E

OmegaDL50

Damn, I forgot how annoying it is trying to get all the extra stuff in this game. SE really wanted to fuck players over in this game.

Trying to dodge lightning bolts and found a decent place that gives me two bolts within moments of each other and then a few seconds but I keep losing focus after about the 50th bolt.

No Encounter Armor and the Crater trick. You can't go wrong with this method.

There is a Crater in the south end of the Thunder Plains whenever you approach automatically generates a lightning strike when you get near it. It's better to have control WHEN the lightning strikes rather simply walk the field and wait for random white flashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzI_sbsTXI

Cornbread78

so Kimari's grid just went dead for me... Is his the shortest? I dropped by Rikku's grid with him, but where is the best place to go nexy, Lulu?

Levyne

Banned
so Kimari's grid just went dead for me... Is his the shortest? I dropped by Rikku's grid with him, but where is the best place to go nexy, Lulu?

Yep. He barely has a grid of his own, haha.

I like having a second item user/stealer, so I sent him down Rikku's, yeah.

jaxword

Kimmy is the blank template character that can pretty much follow anyone. That's probably why he's not as popular as the specialty ones.

Nexas

Just got 10 lvl. 3 Key Spheres off Biron and Yenke.

so_good.gif

Thats why you send Kihmari down Rikku's path.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

so_good.gif

I sent mine down Wakka's for double dark/silence/sleep. Just used a skill sphere for Mug and did the same thing lol. No regrets!

I love seeing the characters' menu icon change depending on their job in X-2. Such a nice touch.
Yes! It's the little things that can add such a nice touch to a game.

bobawesome

Anything without Auto-Haste is not worth it. Replace Auto-Reflect with it. Auto-Shell is also not very worth it.

I see, thanks for the recommendation. Haste is a staple of 95% of my battles so it would be terrible to not have it for Tidus with auto-reflect in the way. I can't believe I didn't think about that. Time to grind for some chocobo wings. :(

barrin87

That spot is much better utilised by running around in circles and forcing one lightning bolt every time you hit the ditch. I wouldn't count either, just do that constantly for at least 25 minutes and you'll be fine. I set a timer for 5 minutes and took breaks between sessions. It's not that hard when you force the bolts to appear instead of having to wait and time your presses.

Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Ugh, these dark aeons can kiss my ass. Game doesn't tell you that they are just random people and you don't get a chance to accept the battle or not. Just had dark Ixion kill me without even a chance of knowing what was happening. There goes an hour of work.

OmegaDL50

I see, thanks for the recommendation. Haste is a staple of 95% of my battles so it would be terrible to not have it for Tidus with auto-reflect in the way. I can't believe I didn't think about that. Time to grind for some chocobo wings. :(

Bribe Machea in Omega Ruins (or just do the same thing in the Monster Arena if you captured them).

360,000 Gil will get you ~40 Chocobo Wings. If money is an issue, a character with Gillionaire on a weapon doubles gil drops, fighting Mimics will get you 100,000 gil meaning 4 fights will net you 400,000 to do the bribing necessary.

OmegaDL50

Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Ugh, these dark aeons can kiss my ass. Game doesn't tell you that they are just random people and you don't get a chance to accept the battle or not. Just had dark Ixion kill me without even a chance of knowing what was happening. There goes an hour of work.

You can run from all of the Dark Aeons with Flee. Unlike other boss fights you aren't locked in to battle them and can back out at any time. (Unless you are Ambushed and Ixion gets the first blow, however he hits a single character at time)

barrin87

You can run from all of the Dark Aeons with Flee. Unlike other boss fights you aren't locked in to battle them and can back out at any time. (Unless you are Ambushed and Ixion gets the first blow, however he hits a single character at time)

His speed must have been extremely high compared to mine. He had 3 attacks in a row and blew me away before I even had a chance to react. I know to avoid him now in the future at least! =/

So FFX is supposed to have both remixed and original OSTs, right? I got the Vita version, but I don't see an option to toggle between the two. I haven't played the original much, so I also don't know which version I'm listening to.

Help?

Luigi87

I know it's been said countless times, but I hate lightning dodging >_<
I screwed up at 137... so still a ways to go...
Back to 1...

OmegaDL50

So FFX is supposed to have both remixed and original OSTs, right? I got the Vita version, but I don't see an option to toggle between the two. I haven't played the original much, so I also don't know which version I'm listening to.

Help?

I don't know where you heard that information but it is unfortunately false. FFX HD Remaster only has the Remastered soundtrack. While most of the soundtrack has improvements (due the fact it's using samples from real instruments rather then the PS2's own tonal generator that the original release used)

The game is just trolling me now. One Eye has given me three weapons for Tidus, but they all have had two slots. Tidus and Lulu are the only ones I need three slotted Triple AP weapons for.

Yeah, It took me forever to get Auron's with two free slots. Rikku's has never dropped at all.

If it helps the character who lands the killing blow is given priority for a weapon drop, i.e killing with Tidus has higher chances the dropped weapon/armor will be for Tidus.

Zephyx

I wasn't able to cast Flee on Dark Valefor. I didn't try the manual escape :( He wiped my party when I went back to Besaid.

With regards to Blitzball, I want to create the best team possible. I know the best goalie is the one from the Al Bhed Psyches but I am believing that him becoming a free agent will really take some time. Right now, my team composition is something like this:

LF: Tidus
RF: Brother
MF: Shuu
RD: Ropp
LD : Zed Ronso
GK: Default Keeper

Any thoughts on which should I replace?

OmegaDL50

I wasn't able to cast Flee on Dark Valefor. I didn't try the manual escape :( He wiped my party when I went back to Besaid.

With regards to Blitzball, I want to create the best team possible. I know the best goalie is the one from the Al Bhed Psyches but I am believing that him becoming a free agent will really take some time. Right now, my team composition is something like this:

LF: Tidus
RF: Brother
MF: Shuu
RD: Ropp
LD : Zed Ronso
GK: Default Keeper

Any thoughts on which should I replace?

Kiyuri becomes the best MF in the game, she can be found on the SS Winno or Liki, forget, one of the boats.

Ropp is the absolute best Defender in the game so great job grabbing him. He is basically the 2nd line of defense before the ball gets your Goalie, 80% of the time, Ropp will block the ball before your goalie needs to deal with a score attempt from the opposing team.

Brother is good early on, but later levels (if you plan to play that long, Vilucha from Besaid Village has the 2nd highest shot stat in the game, which becomes rediculous to the point of being able to take a shot from your own goal and it traveling to the opponents goal and STILL getting in)

As for a good early Goal Keeper before trying to get Nimrook, there is Jumal sitting on a bench in the part near the Bar in Luca, of course because you have Ropp on your team, expect Jumal to not get his hands on the ball much.

Hopefully this info is useful to you.

running out of ability spheres in highlands area. who should i be wacking?

You should be using either Ability Distillers or the Extract Ability to convert enemy drops into Ability Spheres rather then hunting down a specific enemy.

Levyne

Banned
Applying for a raise in the Bikanel digging minigame. Answering a questionaire.

Question 6: "I can't believe it's not butter!"

>_>

ZeroX03

Banned

Or, you just use a Special sphere to teach him Steal and actually take him down a path where he can do some real damage. I never take him down Rikku's path, it's a waste when you only need one skill.

barrin87

Thanks again for the recommendation! I was actually using that same spot but not in the same way. Just dodged all 200 bolts! I actually went overboard to make sure and dodged 238 bolts in a row before I left that spot. Second I move away I get hit lol.

XJF

I've spent the last 4 hours sending people around activating the Sphere Grid. This. Is. Taking. Forever.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've spent the last 4 hours sending people around activating the Sphere Grid. This. Is. Taking. Forever.

Just think, you're wasting hours of your time to get a trophy that means absolutely nothing in the long run, will give you no success in life and that nobody cares about but you.

I'm doing the same right now =(

XJF

Just think, you're wasting hours of your time to get a trophy that means absolutely nothing in the long run, will give you no success in life and that nobody cares about but you.

I know exactly what you mean. It was like Kevin Butler's E3 speech from 2011.
"Staying up til 4 am to get a trophy that isn't real...but IS"

Wakka and Auron are almost done. All that's left is Kimahri and Lulu.

Holmes

It's so discouraging to go into the item menu and think, "only about 50 more fortune spheres to go." Only for the next Earth Eater battle to give you Dark Matter.

Xenex

I often think that but it tends to be working for the trophy that brings the satisfaction/fun not the actual trophy itself, well at least for me.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So just to be clear, does Besaid temple re-open right when you reach the calm lands, or do they not open til the
airship
acquisition?

Just beat Spherimorph, and I tried going back for the Jecht sphere, Energy Beam, and the Destruction sphere I got locked out of because I forgot the cutscene triggers early, and want to avoid
Dark Valefor
, but I get the "the summoner must proceed alone" message from the priest.

Zephyx

Kiyuri becomes the best MF in the game, she can be found on the SS Winno or Liki, forget, one of the boats.

Ropp is the absolute best Defender in the game so great job grabbing him. He is basically the 2nd line of defense before the ball gets your Goalie, 80% of the time, Ropp will block the ball before your goalie needs to deal with a score attempt from the opposing team.

Brother is good early on, but later levels (if you plan to play that long, Vilucha from Besaid Village has the 2nd highest shot stat in the game, which becomes rediculous to the point of being able to take a shot from your own goal and it traveling to the opponents goal and STILL getting in)

As for a good early Goal Keeper before trying to get Nimrook, there is Jumal sitting on a bench in the part near the Bar in Luca, of course because you have Ropp on your team, expect Jumal to not get his hands on the ball much.

Hopefully this info is useful to you.

Thanks for this info. Really appreciate it. Will get back to blitzball after work. :D

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't know where you heard that information but it is unfortunately false. FFX HD Remaster only has the Remastered soundtrack. While most of the soundtrack has improvements (due the fact it's using samples from real instruments rather then the PS2's own tonal generator that the original release used)

Actually the PS2 FFX used samples as well. PSF2 format specifically. There's just 1) better samples now 2) Even if it's sampled instruments, the playback is streamed audio as games typically are now so a lot of mix control/effects/etc is back in the hands of the people producing the music.

It's so discouraging to go into the item menu and think, "only about 50 more fortune spheres to go." Only for the next Earth Eater battle to give you Dark Matter.

Over a decade later I'm still convinced this is a deliberate troll by Square Enix considering it animates pretty much as if he's shooting flares at you out of his ass. Nonstop. Over, and over, and over, and over.

OmegaDL50

Actually the PS2 FFX used samples as well. PSF2 format specifically. There's just 1) better samples now 2) Even if it's sampled instruments, the playback is streamed audio as games typically are now so a lot of mix control/effects/etc is back in the hands of the people producing the music.

Yes, I know. PSF2 format is not unsimilar to a midi synthesis which takes various samples from a sound bank. The audio is generated by the in-game engine and PS2's tonal generator rather directly streamed like modern mpeg audio.

Of course this has made some detriment effect on few tracks due to the famous Uematsu trumpet and bass effects not having the same impact compared to their replacements the HD Remaster uses.

Over a decade later I'm still convinced this is a deliberate troll by Square Enix considering it animates pretty much as if he's shooting flares at you out of his ass. Nonstop. Over, and over, and over, and over.

Worse still, not only he shooting flares out of his ass at you, because of his..uhh claws/fingers being limited to three. It also looks like he's giving you the double middle-finger every time he fires off a flare.

Holmes

I actually thought before, "it looks like his ass is casting Flare on me."

37 more fortune spheres to go!

Falk

that puzzling face
Yes, I know. PSF2 format is not unsimilar to a midi synthesis which takes various samples from a sound bank. The audio is generated by the in-game engine and PS2's tonal generator rather directly streamed like modern mpeg audio.

You're mixing up sampling and tone generation, my friend. By its strictest definition modern sample libraries are still (obviously) sample based, the same way PSF2 is. This is different from tone generation which is algorithmic and has nothing to do with samples.

Top Bottom