• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Shahed

From Wantz, at the very beginning of Macalania Forest (Closest to the Thunder Plains). Doesn't appear until you have the airship
Found him just before your reply. Got an armour for Auto-Haste only for now. I was stealing Chocobo Wings while doing the Cactuar sidequest so I figured I may as well use some up instead of letting the extras go to waste. Incidentally, where is the best place to farm Wings?

XJF

Found him just before your reply. Got an armour for Auto-Haste only for now. I was stealing Chocobo Wings while doing the Cactuar sidequest so I figured I may as well use some up instead of letting the extras go to waste. Incidentally, where is the best place to farm Wings?

Machea in the Omega Ruins (or arena if you already capped them). You get ~40 for 360,000 Gil. Fastest method if you have the money.

OmegaDL50

From Wantz, at the very beginning of Macalania Forest (Closest to the Thunder Plains). Doesn't appear until you have the airship

You can also fight Adamantoises either
Inside Sin
or the
Omega Ruins
and it'll drop them with high frequency.

Of course it's probably easier to kill Mimics to get oftset the cost of buying them from Wantz. The 4 slot blank weapons he sells are 100,000 gil a piece afterall.

And once you capture at least one Adamantoise you don't need to hunt them down anymore and can just repeated re-fight them inside the Monster Arena.

Edit: Actually this also applies to all monsters you capture, In the case you ever need to bribe a particular monster, or get a particular item drop. Once you capture the specific creature it's probably FAR faster to just go the Calm Lands Monster Arena and select Machea for Chocobo Wings or whatever else you need.

A shame you can't do this with Mimics to endlessly farm 100,000 gil because non-organic monsters being unable to capture.

Holykael1

Banned
Omega Ruins, Omega Weapon, Omega System , Omega Res Novae, OMEGA OVERLOAD
This post is an excuse to link the following song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzKwVALPJU

Incidentally my copy of the limited edition should arrive shortly, Wednesday Im hoping. I am going for it with the intent to platinum the hell out of it. Will have I have the necessary endurance and willpower?

Son Of D

Two more Master Tonberries and I'll be done monster hunting in Omega Ruins. I wish they weren't so rare.

I found that they're more common in the second area of Omega Ruins. Still a bit rare though.

EDIT: Bleh. Should have read more of the topic before responding.

OmegaDL50

Okay, I just got all of Yuna's Aeons which also means her Moon Sigil to max out her Celestial Weapon, Took out Dark Valefor and Dark Ixion.

Tidus, Auron, and Wakka all have 255 in every stat except Luck, MP at 999. I'm almost finished filling the rest of the empty nodes on the Sphere Grid with HP Spheres. I'll probably get everyone to 50 Luck just to help with Critical Hit ratio.

The only thing left for me to do after that is that dreaded Butterfly game in the Macalania Woods. Beating Penance sounds far more appealing then that stupid mini-game.

I'm close to the Platinum.

RPGCrazied

Yes! Finally got Wakka's Sigil. Had to play Blitzball pretty much all day getting the Auroch reels and the Sigil. Didn't do much recruiting either except Miyu and Wakka. So its doable with the team you start with. The key is getting Jecht Shot as soon as possible. I only scored with Tidus, lol. I now have fully powered up celestial weapons for everyone except the ones I list below.

So that leaves Lulu's and Khamrai's Sigil. I might try Khamrai's, but don't think I want to do Lulu's though. Who knows, I never did Wakka's when the game first came out, and look at today! I might.

pariah164

Hitting chapter 4 of FFX-2, AKA the most boring chapter in the game. This is my only beef; the rest of the game is flawless. This whole Commsphere shit is dumb as hell.

Man this is bullshit! The balloons should be worth 5 seconds while the birds should stay at 3 seconds. Because it takes about 45 seconds to get from one end to the other end. Meaning you need to get about 15-16 balloons or more if you get hit by birds.

ramyeon

Man this is bullshit! The balloons should be worth 5 seconds while the birds should stay at 3 seconds. Because it takes about 45 seconds to get from one end to the other end. Meaning you need to get about 15-16 balloons or more if you get hit by birds.
It shouldn't take you 45 seconds to get to the end and you shouldn't be hit by any birds if you want to get the 0:0.0 time. I mean, it's possible to make it up even being hit once by a bird but it's not ideal.

Atlantis

After finishing Tidus' main path in the sphere grid, shoud I take him through Auron's?

I'm not interested in filling out every single node.

Wakka's gives you the most Strength. After that I'd probably do Rikku's grid then leave Auron's for last.

It shouldn't take you 45 seconds to get to the end and you shouldn't be hit by any birds if you want to get the 0:0.0 time. I mean, it's possible to make it up even being hit once by a bird but it's not ideal.

The average is around 42 seconds since you to move around to avoid the birds and get the balloons to 0.0 Closest I've gotten is 5.5 seconds so far ;_;

Saphirax

The average is around 42 seconds since you to move around to avoid the birds and get the balloons to 0.0 Closest I've gotten is 5.5 seconds so far ;_;

You can finish the race in 35ish seconds. It all depends on the balloon placement really.
Managed to finish mine with 13 balloons and 0 birds.

i played the ps2 version some years aggo but never finished it. Now I´m going full with trying to get platinum and doing expert grid.

Is there a guide where I could get the right path to don´t screw my characters?

After finishing Tidus' main path in the sphere grid, shoud I take him through Auron's?

I'm not interested in filling out every single node.

I agree with the advice to go Wakka->Rikku and only then Auron.

Auron's sphere grid really is not good. Too many open slots. Unlike the rest, quite a bit of Auron's starting path power comes from his starting stats instead of the grid.

Manu

Wakka's gives you the most Strength. After that I'd probably do Rikku's grid then leave Auron's for last.

I agree with the advice to go Wakka->Rikku and only then Auron.

Auron's sphere grid really is not good. Too many open slots. Unlike the rest, quite a bit of Auron's starting path power comes from his starting stats instead of the grid.

Damn, I've done quite a bit of Auron's already.

I'm moving to Wakka asap.

By the way, where should I take Wakka? Based on what you say, probably Tidus, right?

Being hit by the bird actually hurts you by 2 extra seconds. Which is why the Balloons should shave off 5 seconds really. So much BS. I hope the person who programmed this crap got stomach cramps.

Atlantis

Damn, I've done quite a bit of Auron's already.

I'm moving to Wakka asap.

By the way, where should I take Wakka? Based on what you say, probably Tidus, right?

Yes. Anyone who isn't Yuna, Lulu, or Tidus should do Tidus' grid first after finishing their own.

J.D

Shuu RF
Ropp MF
Tidus LF
Letty RB
Jassu LB
Nimrook GK

I think my team is pretty godlike already, Ropp is the best defense I can think of, Shuu is the most well rounded for a forward position and Nimrook is the best goalie IMO. Anyone has advice for the back positions. I'm keeping these two cause they have good endurance and amazing PA for Letty and above average for Jassu.

Well, captured all the fiends in Thunder Plains, Calm Lands, and Macalania Woods.
Finished the chocobo race in remiem temple for up to 4 chests, the prize for the 5 chest run isn't worth the time it was taking.
Played More blitzball to the point where I'm about to win the auroch reels. Makes me wonder how the exp for opposing teams in calculated.
Completed the chocobo training, including the difficult trophy requirement one. Managed to do in less than an hour, but what a frustrating hour that was.

Next will be the journey to collect the first hidden aeon, and if I find a armour with "No Encounters", I'll probably try the lighting dodging.

OmegaDL50

Shuu RF
Ropp MF
Tidus LF
Letty RB
Jassu LB
Nimrook GK

I think my team is pretty godlike already, Ropp is the best defense I can think of, Shuu is the most well rounded for a forward position and Nimrook is the best goalie IMO. Anyone has advice for the back positions. I'm keeping these two cause they have good endurance and amazing PA for Letty and above average for Jassu.

Ropp actually becomes the best Defender in the game. You are probably better moving Ropp to a LD or RD, and getting rid of either Jassu or Letty and recruiting Miyuri as she becomes the best MF in the game, or just get Brother as a stop gap and have Miyuri in your reserve.

B.K.

I'm not going to have to farm any Magic Defense Spheres. By the time One-Eye gives me all the Triple AP weapons I need, I'll have all I need. It keeps giving me either balls for Wakka or armor.

ramyeon

Being hit by the bird actually hurts you by 2 extra seconds. Which is why the Balloons should shave off 5 seconds really. So much BS. I hope the person who programmed this crap got stomach cramps.
Don't get hit by the birds :p best way is to get all the balloons on the first slope (This is luck, depends on where they're placed) and then just concentrate on dodging the birds in the second part of the race. If you focus on getting balloons then, you'll get hit. Just focus on dodging and you're bound to pick up enough balloons anyway, granted you got all of them on that first slope.

Your time should ideally be in the mid 30s.
Shuu RF
Ropp MF
Tidus LF
Letty RB
Jassu LB
Nimrook GK

Move Ropp to RD or LD and replace one of them with Brother if you only plan on playing the lower levels. He's pretty much godlike for as much as you'll need him for getting the ODs and Sigil.

I almost beat
Yunalesca
on my first try without prep-work :(
She really is a joke, I made it relatively easy to the third phase and had no trouble with Mega Death, the only thing that got me was my inability to heal due to the Zombie Status. Heck I already had her down to about 19000 HP =_= And when I say she is a joke I don't mean that she is easy but rather that all she does are essentially petty tricks... :/

ramyeon

I almost beat
Yunalesca
on my first try without prep-work :(
She really is a joke, I made it relatively easy to the third phase and had no trouble with Mega Death, the only thing that got me was my inability to heal due to the Zombie Status. Heck I already had her down to about 19000 HP =_= And when I say she is a joke I don't mean that she is easy but rather that all she does are essentially petty tricks... :/
I found having people in reserve that are and aren't zombie status and interchanging them at points helped out. If your whole team is zombie and all of them die you're screwed, but if one of them in the front line isn't they can revive them and heal them to full either with White Magic or Mega Phoenix. Likewise if none of them are zombie you're a goner too, so I found two inflicted and one clean character worked best for me. I dunno, I really had little to no trouble with Yunalesca this time. I remember struggling with her third form back in the PS2 days though.

Shuu RF
Ropp MF
Tidus LF
Letty RB
Jassu LB
Nimrook GK

Since Nimrook proves you aren't opposed to poaching people, other good MF/Defender types are Kulukan, Kiyuri, Zev Ronso, or Zalitz.

Some have a lower END but kind of make up for it with higher Pass ratings so with techs you can just pass through enemies instead of breaking through.

I found having people in reserve that are and aren't zombie status and interchanging them at points helped out. If your whole team is zombie and all of them die you're screwed, but if one of them in the front line isn't they can revive them and heal them to full either with White Magic or Mega Phoenix. Likewise if none of them are zombie you're a goner too, so I found two inflicted and one clean character worked best for me. I dunno, I really had little to no trouble with Yunalesca this time. I remember struggling with her third form back in the PS2 days though.

Hmm that sounds like a good plan, thanks! For me it was the fight I could never beat on my PS2 back in the day so I was quite amazed that I easily made it to Phase 3 but I guess I'm also a bit underleveled because Yuna is aaaages away from learning Holy. I guess I will grind a bit before I try again :p

ramyeon

Hmm that sounds like a good plan, thanks! For me it was the fight I could never beat on my PS2 back in the day so I was quite amazed that I easily made it to Phase 3 but I guess I'm also a bit underleveled because Yuna is aaaages away from learning Holy. I guess I will grind a bit before I try again :p
I wasn't ages away from Holy but I didn't have it either, definitely not necessary to win. I even screwed up half way by having Rikku mix Super Hyper G on my zombiefied party lol. So I was losing health every turn and still managed to turn it around (Had to have them die then revive and heal them whenever they got too low health though).

I wasn't ages away from Holy but I didn't have it either, definitely not necessary to win. I even screwed up half way by having Rikku mix Super Hyper G on my zombiefied party lol. So I was losing health every turn and still managed to turn it around (Had to have them die then revive and heal them whenever they got too low health though).

Oh dear nice that you still managed to win! :D Actually thinking about it the only reason I lost was that dammed Hellbite attack that confused everyone which caused them to cause self-damage =_= The first thing I did was to equip Confuse Wards after :p

bobawesome

So, I have a Marching Shield (auto-protect, auto-shell) and have the means to create a Golem Shield (auto-protect, auto-shell, auto-reflect, auto-regen). Is this viable or should I save my materials until I have ribbon?

Ugh, cheaparse blitzball bastard. I had less than 30 seconds to run out on the clock to win the story blitzball game, then the one player on the other team who has stats way higher than anybody else got a last second goal in, helped by all but 1 of the 3 players near him, suddenly swim away so only Wakka was marking his shot.

And it makes no story sense that Tidus, who is supposed to be a star blitzball player and way above the Aurochs has such crappy stats.

Manu

And it makes no story sense that Tidus, who is supposed to be a star blitzball player and way above the Aurochs has such crappy stats.

Actually it kind of does. Spoilers below:

Since Dream Zanarkand is a preserved version of Zanarkand a thousand years ago it makes sense for players in Spira to be better, since the game had a thousand years to evolve. I'm actually surprised the rules haven't changed at all during all that time.

Aurizen

I just wondered something... did anyone get the yuna costume for lightning return? I preordered FFX|X-2 HD from amazon. Anyone get their code for lightning?

daoster

So.. I'm at the point where i can run back to besaid and get the Jecht sphere without dealing with the dark aeon...problem is, i don't have a no enounter armor...should i Even bother?

So.. I'm at the point where i can run back to besaid and get the Jecht sphere without dealing with the dark aeon...problem is, i don't have a no enounter armor...should i Even bother?

Well there is flee, but you might want the extra sphere levels as well.

Dark Valefor is no joke later on.

Shahadan

This is so dumb. To download only FFX-2 I need to have enough space to download both games. It can't even check I already have FFX installed.
Guess I'll need to delete 3gigs of stuff and then redownlad them after X-2.

Edit: Rebooted the vita and now it works :lol:
weird stuff.

Holmes

So, I have a Marching Shield (auto-protect, auto-shell) and have the means to create a Golem Shield (auto-protect, auto-shell, auto-reflect, auto-regen). Is this viable or should I save my materials until I have ribbon?
Anything without Auto-Haste is not worth it. Replace Auto-Reflect with it. Auto-Shell is also not very worth it.

barrin87

Damn, I forgot how annoying it is trying to get all the extra stuff in this game. SE really wanted to fuck players over in this game.

Trying to dodge lightning bolts and found a decent place that gives me two bolts within moments of each other and then a few seconds but I keep losing focus after about the 50th bolt.

Top Bottom