• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

UMg31Ya.png

First shot and I didn't even have Holy. Just a good stock of Phoenix Downs ;)

XJF

Opening cutscene of X-2 hurt... It's clear this game received nowhere near the attention that X did for the remaster...

SirNinja

For all of you who are starting FFX-2 here's a new thing included in the International version that will make leveling up dresspheres a LOT faster. If you win 3 times Shinra's first cup you'll get a garment grid that gives x3 ability points!

Just got it! Even though I got wiped by a way-overpowered party on occasion, this didn't take long at all.

R9ikqne.jpg

(Those three made for a decent team. The wolf is a Thief, and begins every battle by using Mug on every single enemy. It's an effortless way to get a lot of items and even some accessories.)

The Jason

Just picked up my Limited Edition from the PO BOX and I have to say, very nice job SE. The packaging and art are nice, yet not overdone.

I can't wait to jump into one of my favorite games of all time tonight in beautiful HD. Pity about the soundtrack (I already own it), but hopfully it will work better in game.

So excited

XJF

Wait, about that garment grid, it's beating the first cup 3 times? Same one that get's you a dresssphere?

Yes. Guide book recommends doing this too. You get PSYCHIC for the first time, then INTREPID GG for the 3rd victory.

Just got it! Even though I got wiped by a way-overpowered party on occasion, this didn't take long at all.

R9ikqne.jpg

(Those three made for a decent team. The wolf is a Thief, and begins every battle by using Mug on every single enemy. It's an effortless way to get a lot of items and even some accessories.)

Does the Intrepid's bonus stack with the AP Egg accessory? I know the AP Egg and the Key to Success stack with each other, but that's an x3 and an x2 bonus, not an x3 bonus and an x3 bonus.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't know, how some of people find Y easy, she's no easy, unless overleveled characters. I suppose mine were slightly underleveled, but still, no easy at all.

Bahamut OD the first form for an instant kill, second form let yourself get zombie'd then kill it, third form just kill her before she can kill you, all her attacks are weak. She didn't kill a single character of mine, wasn't overlevelled. Just go in with your Overdrives up. Found the boss beforehand more difficult.

Been sitting at the Main menu for X-2 for like 15 minutes now. Don't want the music to stop. Eternity~Memory in Lightwaves is such a fantastic piece...

I played an hour last night, it was good fun, but I really wanted to just cut loose and explore. Following the 100% guide makes you paranoid about screwing things up, drains a bit of the fun. Creature Creator seems fun.

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering the tedium of 100% run and how saves are handled slightly differently on PS3, I thought I'd make sure beforehand - you -still- can only see completion rounded down to the nearest percentage, right? As in, 5.8 doesn't round up to 6%, etc.

I find it hilarious that you can skip cutscenes in X-2 but not X, yet still have to sit through them for 100%

XJF

Bahamut OD the first form for an instant kill, second form let yourself get zombie'd then kill it, third form just kill her before she can kill you, all her attacks are weak. She didn't kill a single character of mine, wasn't overlevelled. Just go in with your Overdrives up. Found the boss beforehand more difficult.

I played an hour last night, it was good fun, but I really wanted to just cut loose and explore. Following the 100% guide makes you paranoid about screwing things up, drains a bit of the fun. Creature Creator seems fun.

I played through this game 7 times back in the day. First one was for fun, then did 6 more to get 2 Iron Dukes for my chicks. I'm only in it this time for the trophies. I truly do like this game, but I've invested enough of my life into it as it is lol

Falk

that puzzling face
That's actually how I felt about X to be honest. Beating Penance legitimately once, back in the day, was good enough to me. Zanmato without remorse this time.

XJF

That's actually how I felt about X to be honest. Beating Penance legitimately once, back in the day, was good enough to me. Zanmato without remorse this time.

This guy... He totally gets it
Couldn't find the picture of the Turkey from Free Birds lol

Had to restart. Forgot which dock "Moogle Person" was on lol dammit.

Are there any missable Dresspheres?

Finally, just got the Sun Sigil. I stayed away from the chocobo race because I knew what I was in for. I was feeling great today so I went for it. Took about 25-35 minutes. No more Excalibur.

pariah164

This guy... He totally gets it
Couldn't find the picture of the Turkey from Free Birds lol

Had to restart. Forgot which dock "Moogle Person" was on lol dammit.

Are there any missable Dresspheres?
The new ones, if you don't know how to get them. Also, the Dark Knight in Bevelle's underground if you don't bother with the puzzle... The Mascot, obviously... The Gun Mage, if you don't do the Ch. 1 Moonflow Mission... I think that's it...

XJF

A few pages ago someone mentioned that four or so of them are, I think. And quite a few Garment Grids.

EDIT: The guide I'm following will apparently make sure you won't miss any.

The new ones, if you don't know how to get them. Also, the Dark Knight in Bevelle's underground if you don't bother with the puzzle... The Mascot, obviously... The Gun Mage, if you don't do the Ch. 1 Moonflow Mission... I think that's it...
Thanks guys, It's been a while since I played this game.

I'm maybe 10 hours into FFX... what an awesome game. Love the sphere grid and all that. Am I supposed to be able to add abilities to weapons with blank slots? I figured the game would mention that at some point.

Seda

I'm maybe 10 hours into FFX... what an awesome game. Love the sphere grid and all that. Am I supposed to be able to add abilities to weapons with blank slots? I figured the game would mention that at some point.

Have to get to Guadosalam to unlock that.

Hellix

What strategy are you using? He's not hard

I got away with just Quick Hitting Valefor/Ifrit/Ixion/Shiva to death, so I figured I could do the same with Yojimbo. He just seems to always do a Wakizashi to take my whole party out, or he likes to evade my attacks pretty easily.

Falk

that puzzling face
I got away with just Quick Hitting Valefor/Ifrit/Ixion/Shiva to death, so I figured I could do the same with Yojimbo. He just seems to always do a Wakizashi to take my whole party out, or he likes to evade my attacks pretty easily.

9999hp/+20%DEF/Auto-Protect will make everything he does hit for below 9999. Pair that with Auto Potion and a supply of X-Potions and you should be good as long as you always remember to dispel armor break (his shuriken attack) and re-apply Haste.

And yes, without a decent ~150+ Luck stat you're bound to miss a lot, so plan to feed Wakka a bunch of Overdrives for Attack Reels spam.

XJF

9999hp/+20%DEF/Auto-Protect will make everything he does hit for below 9999. Pair that with Auto Potion and a supply of X-Potions and you should be good as long as you always remember to dispel armor break (his shuriken attack) and re-apply Haste.

And yes, without a decent ~150+ Luck stat you're bound to miss a lot, so plan to feed Wakka a bunch of Overdrives for Attack Reels spam.

I just doublecasted Flare all battle and swapped in Yuna before his turn so summon an aeon to tank his hit. Everyone had Auto-Haste.

Audette

Hey, just wondering for owners of FFX-2 on Vita, how's the port?
I understand the HD Version of X-2 didn't receive as much love as X, curious if the port is well optimized?

I know there are a handful of places where X chugs on Vita, spells that get too close to the camera or more often places with lots of NPC characters. It doesn't really skip frames but rather slows down the game to wait for frames to render. It's a wonderful port overall, I would never tell somebody to pass on the Vita versions because these moments.

Just wondering how fairs the X-2 port on Vita, any additional problems? same problems? no problems? I bet it's a fine port but I was curious enough I wanted to ask.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Now that I have the airship I can look for Al Bhed Primers!

[IMG.]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkGwdFYCcAAyxdK.jpg:large[/IMG]

That attack looks familiar!

:(

Summon right before his turn, problem solved that's one way or you can cast auto life

SoulUnison

Banned
So this is probably a dumb question but I only have the money to get one game right now and I want to make sure I don't get half of what I'm Expecting:

If I buy the digital Vita version I get X AND X-2 for $40, right? They're not split into two separate games/purchases and I'm falling prey to the way it's worded/presented or something, right?

Playing X-2 for the first time and wow this is so weird. Lol at Lulu
being "pregnant" with the exact same character model.
The combat it pretty great though feels really hectic.

While I'm going to save my 100% playthrough for my New Game+ I'm glad I looked at that guide. Basically I should should just be going everywhere every chapter?

Top Bottom