• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

v1perz53

So this is probably a dumb question but I only have the money to get one game right now and I want to make sure I don't get half of what I'm Expecting:

If I buy the digital Vita version I get X AND X-2 for $40, right? They're not split into two separate games/purchases and I'm falling prey to the way it's worded/presented or something, right?

Yes, you get both for $40. I bought it fully digital and have both and only paid that much, only made one purchase for both.

Levyne

Banned
The chocobo races felt impossible to me at first but eventually I got into a rhythm and could do it well more consistently. For instance, I didn't know that hitting the poles ruined your run at first for getting the reward items, but even after taking me many tries to get my first 5-chest victory with poles, it only took me a few more to get it without any poles.

Unlike catcher chocobo, it feels a bit more skill based. However, the controls are still kind of bad. It almost felt like my chocobo wanted to "stick" to walls, if that makes sense. Like the control mapping to the analog stick was not responsive or something.

Yeah it's funny, I am actually using the same method as he is but I just can't get it. Haha.

The chocobo races felt impossible to me at first but eventually I got into a rhythm and could do it well more consistently. For instance, I didn't know that hitting the poles ruined your run at first for getting the reward items, but even after taking my many tries to get my first 5-chest victory with poles, it only took me a few more to get it without any poles.

Unlike catcher chocobo, it feels a bit more skill based. However, the controls are still kind of bad. It almost felt like my chocobo wanted to "stick" to walls, if that makes sense. Like the control mapping to the analog stick was not responsive or something.

Yeah, it seems that the control directions change along with the camera, which is a pretty bad decision.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, it seems that the control directions change along with the camera, which is a pretty bad decision.

I mentioned a while back, but you have to learn to hold the stick in a certain direction in anticipation of the camera change. I found holding it up+left after landing from some of the chest jump (even though that's not the direction the camera is in) means you walk in the right direction immediately after rather than having the Chocobo turn. Most of your time is lost from wall hugging or the Chocobo having to adjust direction. It's the difference between winning and losing really.

Levyne

Banned
Maybe just wait til you gain some levels. Do the moonflow mission to get Blue Mage and Macalania to get Paine's special dress sphere, have the one wing learn confuse, and get mighty guard and white wind (calm lands). This isn't what I did, but those moves have been pretty damn ace for me.

Edit: My apologies. Gun Mage

question about FFX-2.

i know there's a secrret ending.. but does it replace the normal one? or is there a bad ending? i wanna see all endings but i'm gonna follow a guide for 100% first time.

so does it replace the ending or is it just an extra part?

I mentioned a while back, but you have to learn to hold the stick in a certain direction in anticipation of the camera change. I found holding it up+left after landing from some of the chest jump (even though that's not the direction the camera is in) means you walk in the right direction immediately after rather than having the Chocobo turn. Most of your time is lost from wall hugging or the Chocobo having to adjust direction. It's the difference between winning and losing really.

We need a name for posting on gaf about something, then beating it a few minutes after.

Cause I just had the best run of it I've ever had, and nabbed the trophy. No poles hit too.

Levyne

Banned
question about FFX-2.

i know there's a secrret ending.. but does it replace the normal one? or is there a bad ending? i wanna see all endings but i'm gonna follow a guide for 100% first time.

so does it replace the ending or is it just an extra part?

It's an extra part.

We need a name for posting on gaf about something, then beating it a few minutes after.

Cause I just had the best run of it I've ever had, and nabbed the trophy. No poles hit too.

You know I bet there is a name for this somewhere. Off to wikipedia/google.

HeelPower

It seems that being right level is a key to her.
Also I got really unlucky, got all my characters confused, good they didn't kill each other in time for me to get one alive switch to Yuna and do some good. It's really way too hard to get confuse proof in this game, I stole from all eyes I encountered and couldn't even make one ward... must be my luck

Yeah confuse in her final form is freaking nasty.

I really got lucky because I had lulu in there who evaded all confused attacks and then hellbite unconfused the pary.

Still I had to keep switching party members like crazy to avoid the nasty zombie stats when I had no holy waters.Had to use remedies too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got the spirit lance! The butterfly gameplay somehow was actually
fun

I think its a reasonable challenge.Nothing like dodging the lightning.

OmegaDL50

Fucking Sand Worms, short change me will you.

I paid 900,000 gil for a bribe and he gives me TWO Winning Formula, so I proceeded fight another and use Auron's Shooting Star to bat his ass into great beyond.

Then I remembered I saved prior to that and soft-resetted. Still felt good to whack the crap out of that Sand Worm and watch him get sent a thousand miles away.

Fucking Sand Worms, short change me will you.

I paid 900,000 gil for a bribe and he gives me TWO Winning Formula, so I proceeded fight another and use Auron's Shooting Star to bat his ass into great beyond.

Then I remembered I saved prior to that and soft-resetted. Still felt good to whack the crap out of that Sand Worm and watch him get sent a thousand miles away.

LOL This sounds like one of those mafia deals.

HeelPower

Feels immensely rewarding to actually have Tidus' Caladbolg.

I am doing a lot of things in this play through that I have never done before.

I guess the last incredibly difficult one to get would be wakka's.

OmegaDL50

Feels immensely rewarding to actually have Tidus' Caladbolg.

I am doing a lot of things in this play through that I have never done before.

I guess the last incredibly difficult one to get would be wakka's.

I never understood why they renamed that weapon. In most of the FF games there was a Ultima / Atma Weapon which was basically the most powerful sword in the game.

In the Japanese release it was also the Ultima Weapon, why they decided to rename it Caladbolg in the English release just seems unusual to me.

I wouldn't say getting Wakka's Celestial weapon difficult, just tedious and boring.

HeelPower

I never understood why they renamed that weapon. In most of the FF games there was a Ultima / Atma Weapon which was basically the most powerful sword in the game.

In the Japanese release it was also the Ultima Weapon, why they decided to rename it Caladbolg in the English release just seems unusual to me.

I wouldn't say getting Wakka's Celestial weapon difficult, just tedious and boring.

I have to win like 30 blitz matches right ?

Oh boy I'll keep it for last.

Tiamant

someone tell me how to beat this damn tournament to get the Psychic dressphere..

Use songstress, it really is one of the most underrated dresspheres and its how I beat some of those insane compositions that the tournament throws at you early on.

HeelPower

At least 25 if you use the team reset stuff.

I did it without resetting my team at all and it probably took about 50 games all up.

oh ok :s

Btw guys should I
send
Belgimine ?

She seems to drop really valuable stuff...I amnot sure what to do..and I also want Yuna's Nirvana at some point.

OmegaDL50

I have to win like 30 blitz matches right ?

Oh boy I'll keep it for last.

To get the Weapon you just need to win a Blitz Tournament. To make this simpler keep leaving the menu and re-entering until the tournament prize is Attack Reels.

Winning a Tournament (2 to 5 games) will fufill the qualifications to get both Wakka's first OD, which you can then talk to the Bar Keeper in Luca Tavern and he'll hand over the World Champion.

Status Reels is a Prize for League, that's 10 games, Auroch's Reels is another Tournament Prize (2 to 5 games) and one last League for the Sigil, So you can everything in as little as 25 total.

Both the Weapon and Wakka's first OD are counted together, and Attack Reels IS worth it, as it is the most powerful attack you have control of in the game.

So I'm about to hop into FFX and it's been a long time, and I never played the International Version. Is there anything I should know? I heard about some stuff like the Dark Aeons cutting me off or something.

Mr.Fresh

So I've been regretting not getting this on Vita I have the PS3 version but I'm always at my GFs house or not home is the Vita version good? Thinking of picking it up and just Transfar (lol) my save over.

Shahadan

So I'm about to hop into FFX and it's been a long time, and I never played the International Version. Is there anything I should know? I heard about some stuff like the Dark Aeons cutting me off or something.

Just remember to use the Besaid Destruction Sphere because otherwise you'll have to kill Dark Valefor to get it later. Same for Macalania temple.
Also, get the Sun thing in the chest in the room when you fight Yunalesca because after you get the airship it's Dark Bahamut waiting for you.

Just remember to use the Besaid Destruction Sphere because otherwise you'll have to kill Dark Valefor to get it later. Same for Macalania temple.
Also, get the Sun thing in the chest in the room when you fight Yunalesca because after you get the airship it's Dark Bahamut waiting for you.

So make sure to clear out areas the first time as best as I possibly can and I'll be fine. Cool. Thanks man. Are the Dark Aeons ridiculous super bosses like the Weapons or are they beatable by normals?

OmegaDL50

So make sure to clear out areas the first time as best as I possibly can and I'll be fine. Cool. Thanks man. Are the Dark Aeons ridiculous super bosses like the Weapons or are they beatable by normals?

All of them are Superbosses.

The weakest of them all has 800,000 HP, and the rest just get progressively more powerful over the previous.

Shahadan

To put it simply if you're just doing the story you probably won't be able to even get a turn against the weakest one, Dark Valefor :D

SkylineRKR

Reset after airship means you can get a champions team and get Attack Reels after 3 games. Then reset and Status Reels after 10 league games (wish you could forfeit league games right off the bat, could lower it to 7). Then reset and Auroch Reels after 3 games. And finally the jupiter sigil in a league after a reset.

Also, how can I get the weapon at thunder plains? I prayed at 2 statues but a third will never light up.

OmegaDL50

Yeesh. So what's the trick? Ultimate weapons, grinding out the grid, etc? That Monster Arena thing?

Celestial Weapons and having nearly max stats works if you want to beat them the regular way, Having Yuna with high speed and using a cheap one-hit kill summon attack which may or may not decide to use said attack is another tactic that many people in this thread used.

Celestial Weapons and having nearly max stats works if you want to beat them the regular way, Having Yuna with high speed and using a cheap one-hit kill summon attack which may or may not decide to use said attack is another tactic that many people in this thread used.

and max stats can just be achieved by good ol grindan?

bobawesome

I never thought I'd do it but I finally got a time of 0.0 in the chocobo race! I was getting ready to throw my Vita across the room after my time of 2.2 seconds.

ubercheez

Ahaha I just made
Seymour
Flux kill himself with Mortisorption. Feels great after all the anguish he gave me on my original playthrough.

OmegaDL50

and max stats can just be achieved by good ol grindan?

Pretty much. Actually with good time management one member on here named XJF, managed to platinum this game (which basically requires you to do EVERYTHING i.e max stats, all superbosses defeated, every ultimate weapon obtained, etc) in 101 hours.

FFX is quite a lengthy game if you want to experience it all.

ZeroX03

Banned

Ha, the Weapons aren't even close to the Dark Aeons level. They're really easy in comparison, Omega was a joke for me and I still can't take Valefor.

HeelPower

To get the Weapon you just need to win a Blitz Tournament. To make this simpler keep leaving the menu and re-entering until the tournament prize is Attack Reels.

Winning a Tournament (2 to 5 games) will fufill the qualifications to get both Wakka's first OD, which you can then talk to the Bar Keeper in Luca Tavern and he'll hand over the World Champion.

Status Reels is a Prize for League, that's 10 games, Auroch's Reels is another Tournament Prize (2 to 5 games) and one last League for the Sigil, So you can everything in as little as 25 total.

Both the Weapon and Wakka's first OD are counted together, and Attack Reels IS worth it, as it is the most powerful attack you have control of in the game.

ok thanks for the tips!

Btw should I keep Belgimine ? Do you think what she drops is important or should I move on to get Yuna's sigil ?

Arthea

Darkies aren't just super bosses, these are ubersuperduperbosses (><)
I remember even after doing some serious leveling I couldn't hit Dark Shiva for a life of me, not even single attack connected, that was hilarious.

Vashetti

Banned
Playing X-2 for the first time and wow this is so weird. Lol at Lulu
being "pregnant" with the exact same character model.
The combat it pretty great though feels really hectic.

While I'm going to save my 100% playthrough for my New Game+ I'm glad I looked at that guide. Basically I should should just be going everywhere every chapter?

Lulu spoiler:
Can't believe I was deluded enough to think they would make her a new character model for this remaster

HeelPower

Just send her. There's no missable items, they're all farmable late on, except Primers obviously.

She is so easy to beat and she seems to drop a lot. Sure farming from her isn't easier than later ? Or are here items not valuable to begin with ?

I am just really hesitant about it lol

Top Bottom