• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Rosur

Just about at the Thunder plains on my X play-through. Missed one primer so far though :( (mushroom rock one).

Aiming to get the plat trophy as never got 100% when previously playing X. Also want this before starting on X-2.

Falk

that puzzling face
Here is a strange thing, I have all Primers, but I haven't got trophy yet. Should I compile them to get it?

Popped for me a few seconds after I got the last. That's weird.

edit:
This isn't FFX related, but maybe someone can help me out. This video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v-YUXNmNDJY
Starting at 0:20 in goes into a theme that i swear is a straight up rip off of an old FF song, but i can't put my finger on which game and which song. Anyone know?

Doesn't sound familiar to me
and I have a self-proclaimed double PhD on Squaresoft music. D:

It does sound like a straightforward melodic structure though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's inadvertently been cooked up elsewhere very similarly, if not identical. Really not outside the realms of statistical possibility at all considering how much stuff is out there.

Banzai

Played through the story on PS3 and now started doing some of the grindy stuff on Vita...and wow does this game look gorgeous on the Vita.

Anyway, still havent completed monster hunting. Finding 10 of every single monster in the game might be one of the most boring sidequests ever conceived. I mean, 10? 3 would have been enough. maybe 5...

Arthea

Played through the story on PS3 and now started doing some of the grindy stuff on Vita...and wow does this game look gorgeous on the Vita.

Anyway, still havent completed monster hunting. Finding 10 of every single monster in the game might be one of the most boring sidequests ever conceived. I mean, 10? 3 would have been enough. maybe 5...

It does take lots of time, especially for rare encounters, I still would take that over chocobo catcher or lightning dodging. FFX is a great game, but some sidequests are horrible.

Here is a strange thing, I have all Primers, but I haven't got trophy yet. Should I compile them to get it?

Have you spoken to Rin yet? I haven't gotten that far in the game on this playthrough yet so I don't know what triggers the trophy but, try speaking to Rin and getting his reward.

Attack, def, magic def, evasion, agilty and accuracy all at 255. Need to grind luck, magic and hp spheres. I'm getting there. Slowly

You didn't need to raise your accuracy and evasion. You could have just raised your luck to 140 or higher. Luck is accuracy + evasion combined(so I've read)

Korezo

Hunting is the biggest time sink. Some monsters take hours to capture 10... Nemises has to be the worst trophy because of the long ass grind to get him..

Mario007

Finally, took me ages to download this thing.

I still think it's incredible coincidence/great choice that the first words ever spoken in a FF are "Listen to my story, this may be our last chance". Kinda echoes the "final fantasy" theme.

Anyway, with regards to stats, I've heard that standard sphere grid is actually better than the expert sphere grid. Is that true?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Finally, took me ages to download this thing.

I still think it's incredible coincidence/great choice that the first words ever spoken in a FF are "Listen to my story, this may be our last chance". Kinda echoes the "final fantasy" theme.

Anyway, with regards to stats, I've heard that standard sphere grid is actually better than the expert sphere grid. Is that true?

Pretty astute observation.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hunting is the biggest time sink. Some monsters take hours to capture 10... Nemises has to be the worst trophy because of the long ass grind to get him..

Yeah, it rivals "Mixer Maxed" (Maxed out your Eleth Mixer by boosting its eleth capacity to 9999.) from Tales of Graces F and "Mad Scientist" (Awarded for alchemizing 120 different items.) from Ni No Kuni for tedium required. Of course, filling the sphere grid out is a whole ton of tedium too....

Only if you are going for Max HP of 99,999, otherwise it does not matter much. Standard Grid has more spots to put spheres. Conversely, it takes longer to multiclass with Standard.

Mario007

Pretty astute observation.
It just kinda stood out to me now that i heard it.
Yeah, it rivals "Mixer Maxed" (Maxed out your Eleth Mixer by boosting its eleth capacity to 9999.) from Tales of Graces F and "Mad Scientist" (Awarded for alchemizing 120 different items.) from Ni No Kuni for tedium required. Of course, filling the sphere grid out is a whole ton of tedium too....

Only if you are going for Max HP of 99,999, otherwise it does not matter much. Standard Grid has more spots to put spheres. Conversely, it takes longer to multiclass with Standard.

Oh right coolio, will pick the Expert one so. There's no boss that can do 99 999 worth of damage, right?

Ourobolus

Banned
Yuna and Tidus celestial weapons complete. I'll get Auron's while I'm hunting...I get the feeling Wakka's and Lulu's are going to be the last ones for me again. As usual.

Saphirax

So, I was taking random screenshots and...

i3vLbge.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
That's ridiculous.

It's a really bizarre outlier compared to how well-thought-out everything else is, from X and X-2 on PSN to FF7 and all the other FF8 Steam achievements. FF8 even has a cheevo for beating the final boss with Squall still at lv7 which is as close to official a 'challenge run' has ever been acknowledged.

And then suddenly you have a ~70-hour grinding requirement for a single achievement that accomplishes nothing else. Someone must have been smoking something good that day.

ZeroX03

Banned

Mixer Maxed wasn't that hard, after two playthroughs it's an hour or two of grinding. FFX is more like 10-20 hours.

Shahadan

To be honest we should acknowledge that playing the games back to back is a weird experience. The beginning of X-2 is even more jarring than usual, even if you've already played it in the past.

Also I wish they didn't add that monster tournament thing, I'm already lvl 20 and have not begun the game.

Holmes

It's a really bizarre outlier compared to how well-thought-out everything else is, from X and X-2 on PSN to FF7 and all the other FF8 Steam achievements. FF8 even has a cheevo for beating the final boss with Squall still at lv7 which is as close to official a 'challenge run' has ever been acknowledged.

And then suddenly you have a ~70-hour grinding requirement for a single achievement that accomplishes nothing else. Someone must have been smoking something good that day.
FFVII has an achievement for having 99,999,999 gil. I think that might require more grinding than 10,000 enemies.

I am never going to get 0:0.0...
D46PXOk.jpg

Ah well, tackling the Remiem Temple now. Sure they have more HP, but the tactics are the same. The only one I am worried about is the last one.

anyone tried the cross save feature yet?.. is PS+ required due to syncing to the cloud?

I think not because the cloud stuff is launched by the game. You have to go to Data Transfer when you want to send or receive data. It is not automatic.

Falk

that puzzling face
FFVII has an achievement for having 99,999,999 gil. I think that might require more grinding than 10,000 enemies.

Not even a comparable fraction of that. You basically max "ALL" materia via magic pots to sell them off and you're done in a matter of a couple of hours.

edit: my own steam profile says 4 hours timestamp difference between hitting lv99 with any character and 99,999,999 Gil.

Ourobolus

Banned
D46PXOk.jpg

Ah well, tackling the Remiem Temple now. Sure they have more HP, but the tactics are the same. The only one I am worried about is the last one.
Anima hits like a truck in this version. Her overdrive hits multiple times instead of once. One use and the sisters should be toast.

At least that's how it worked for me last night. :)

Finished off lightning dodging last night... jeez even with the crater trick that shit is still so stressful. Never again!

Only Sigil I need now is Auron's. On to monster catching then!

Damn, think I just missed Primer XX. Better reload my last save to be sure.

What is with the horrible, horrible repetitive vocal in Al Bhed Home?
Sounds like someone shouting 'an annoying c*nt' over and over, which is fitting.

Anima hits like a truck in this version. Her overdrive hits multiple times instead of once. One use and the sisters should be toast.

At least that's how it worked for me last night. :)

Ah, so get Anima beforehand. I guess that makes sense. I will try to beat up to Shiva then. Guess I will go get the hunting weapons for Wakka and Auron since they make the most sense and then Defender X/Cavern afterwards. I found Yoji not that bad. You just need the gil.

Sounds like someone shouting 'an annoying c*nt' over and over, which is fitting.
It sounds like "ATTA BOY TA TA" to me. It is probably something in Al Bhed. You can check Key Items if you missed one. Yeah, you have to be very careful at Home because you can miss lots of good things.

D46PXOk.jpg

I think not because the cloud stuff is launched by the game. You have to go to Data Transfer when you want to send or receive data. It is not automatic.

You think that's bad? Last night I finished with 0.1 seconds lol. Drove me crazy. It took me 15 minutes more to get it.

Arthea

I thought it's some pre-recorded danger warning in the Al Bhed language, but never was able to check is it true or not, as I can't figure what a word exactly was repeated.
edited: it can be "intruders!" too, or "flee!", or "will blow up in 10 seconds"

You think that's bad? Last night I finished with 0.1 seconds lol. Drove me crazy. It took me 15 minutes more to get it.
I saw a Youtube video where 0.0 is 14 balloons and 1 hit. I swear it would be so much easier if Tidus did not drive a Chocobo like a drunk. When I go for balloons, I get hit. When I avoid the gulls, I do not get enough balloons. It is a test of patience.

Now that I have the airship I can look for Al Bhed Primers!

BkGwdFYCcAAyxdK.jpg:large

Yeah, that is why I decided to just restart completely when I missed some. Takes way less time to just push through the game again. I also found I like the Expert Sphere better, even if it does cripple your stats a bit. Getting Bio so early really helps against most enemies. I am only 10 AP Ups away from Hastaga, so Seymour should be going down in Mt. Gaz!

Levyne

Banned
I mentioned this in the community thread, but some of the j-pop stuff in X-2 is annoying me a little more now than it did when I was younger. I would think I would be "over it" and feel the opposite. I cringe when Yuna says something faux-tough and then the girls hop and high five each other.

I know the game is so much more than that, though.

Saphirax

I can't get Kimahri's celestial weapon. I prayed at 3 cactuar stones, can battle them now but I can't pray at the broken tower in the Southern Thunder Plains. I also can't see the Cactuar Ghost... No idea what I'm doing wrong.

Tiamant

I mentioned this in the community thread, but some of the j-pop stuff in X-2 is annoying me a little more now then it did when I was younger. I would think I would be "over it" and feel the opposite. I cringe when Yuna says something faux-tough and then the girls hop and high five each other.

I know the game is so much more than that, though.

I like to think that Paine is the player because how she tells the other two to shut the fuck up every now and then.

I can't get Kimahri's celestial weapon. I prayed at 3 cactuar stones, can battle them now but I can't pray at the broken tower in the Southern Thunder Plains. I also can't see the Cactuar Ghost... No idea what I'm doing wrong.
I figured out that you don't need the ghost. The south-east part of the map has a broken lightning tower. Just go to it to activate the cutscene. You do need the Mirror before though to obtain the weapon. I never got the ghost to appear either. I think it is just a bug.

Try looking for the ghost in the northern part too, he can spawn up there as well. Just keep zoning between the 2 areas and you should spot him eventually.

Saphirax

I figured out that you don't need the ghost. The south-east part of the map has a broken lightning tower. Just go to it to activate the cutscene. You do need the Mirror before though to obtain the weapon. I never got the ghost to appear either. I think it is just a bug.

I have the mirror and tried going to the tower but I can't pray at it. I've read that you're supposed to see 3 Qactuars in battle if you activated all 3 stones. I only get 2. Naturally, it means I actually prayed at 2, and not 3 stones. But, I've been at this for more than 30 mins and none of the stones light up anymore.

ramyeon

I have the mirror and tried going to the tower but I can't pray at it. I've read that you're supposed to see 3 Qactuars in battle if you activated all 3 stones. I only get 2. Naturally, it means I actually prayed at 2, and not 3 stones. But, I've been at this for more than 30 mins and none of the stones light up anymore.
So have you prayed at 3 or 2 stones? If only 2 then you need to do the last one. I don't know if it's random but my last one was hidden in a pocket to the side of an area, where there's a chest as well.

If you prayed at all 3 you need to find and follow the ghost Qactuar before you can pray at the tower.

Saphirax

So have you prayed at 3 or 2 stones? If only 2 then you need to do the last one. I don't know if it's random but my last one was hidden in a pocket to the side of an area, where there's a chest as well.

If you prayed at all 3 you need to find and follow the ghost Qactuar before you can pray at the tower.

Yeah, going to go look for that hidden stone now and hopefully I'll be able to pray at it.

Top Bottom