• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ubercheez

I mentioned this in the community thread, but some of the j-pop stuff in X-2 is annoying me a little more now then it did when I was younger. I would think I would be "over it" and feel the opposite. I cringe when Yuna says something faux-tough and then the girls hop and high five each other.

I know the game is so much more than that, though.

It's pretty front-loaded with that stuff -- the opening mission in particular. Later in the game it's definitely still there, but not quite as in your face all the time.

XJF

GODDAMMIT! I forgot to speak to Clasko before the first Mushroom Rock mission... I hate this game

XJF

Aaaaaaaaan restarted... Fuck me. Guide says you can't skip any dialogue toe get 100% in one game. I knew you couldn't Skip Scenes, but I don't see why they're forcing me to listen to all this BS. Just gimme the trophies, Square!

Levyne

Banned
Aaaaaaaaan restarted... Fuck me. Guide says you can't skip any dialogue toe get 100% in one game. I knew you couldn't Skip Scenes, but I don't see why they're forcing me to listen to all this BS. Just gimme the trophies, Square!

To my knowledge, you can press x through dialogue except for

Bj18JKcCAAAIdD-.png

There are issues that could have made 100% less of a pain in the @$$. Like the chocobo race, they could give you a quit option if you don't get the starting balloons. Also forcing you to play 90% of the game to start doing most of the sidequests. I am going to take X-2 slowly and probably stick to playing it at home. Way too many chances to miss something just playing it for fun.

Alright folks, I need hard answers because frankly, this right here:

"Should I buy the PS3 or Vita version?
The PS3 version has crisper, higher resolution graphics and a slightly more stable framerate. The Vita version is portable and has suspend - which helps for things like lightning dodging - and still looks great. They both have the same content."

aint enough for me.

Just exactly how much worse is the Vita framerate? Don't tell me it's ok and then I buy it and it's downright chugging in areas.

You don't need to sell me on the games, I already own them for PS2, I know they're great. I just need to know if the Vita version is really worth buying. That's really the only one I want...if the PS3 version is that much better, so be it, but if I'm gonna play it on my TV, I may as well hook up the PS2 again and save $40.

XJF

To my knowledge, you can press x through dialogue except for

Bj18JKcCAAAIdD-.png
First off, I would play the shit outta that game were it real lol
Secondly, New guide SPECIFICALLY points out not to skip ANY dialogue or scenes. I'd rather not taking any chances with this BS lol

There are issues that could have made 100% less of a pain in the @$$. Like the chocobo race, they could give you a quit option if you don't get the starting balloons. Also forcing you to play 90% of the game to start doing most of the sidequests. I am going to take X-2 slowly and probably stick to playing it at home. Way too many chances to miss something just playing it for fun.

No Joke. This time I'm going to follow the "100% Completion Checklist" in the back of the new guide instead of the Walkthrough section. Makes like easier.

Spiegel

Alright folks, I need hard answers because frankly, this right here:

"Should I buy the PS3 or Vita version?
The PS3 version has crisper, higher resolution graphics and a slightly more stable framerate. The Vita version is portable and has suspend - which helps for things like lightning dodging - and still looks great. They both have the same content."

aint enough for me.

Just exactly how much worse is the Vita framerate? Don't tell me it's ok and then I buy it and it's downright chugging in areas.

You don't need to sell me on the games, I already own them for PS2, I know they're great. I just need to know if the Vita version is really worth buying. That's really the only one I want...if the PS3 version is that much better, so be it, but if I'm gonna play it on my TV, I may as well hook up the PS2 again and save $40.

Vita version is fine. There's some slowdown in a few cutscenes with lots of character models for example:
Yuna summoning Valefor outside of the temple
but otherwise it plays and looks incredibly good.

You using an official guide?

FDC1

Wait, what's about this "must not skip dialogs" thing? I tought the only "missable" element for platinum was the al-bhed books?

Levyne

Banned
Wait, what's about this "must not skip dialogs" thing? I tought the only "missable" element for platinum was the al-bhed books?

Anyone worried about "percentage" or talking to everyone and not skipping dialogue or following a guide strictly is talking about X-2.

X is a lot more lax, and you only need to worry about the four primers.

Anyone worried about "percentage" or talking to everyone and not skipping dialogue or following a guide strictly is talking about X-2.

X is a lot more lax, and you only need to worry about the four primers.

Which is funny because after X-2 years ago I now play a lot of RPGs like this! God damn SE using dirty tricks. Can't skip dialogue, can't open treasure chests...what next? Can't play the game?!

Part of me is looking forward to replaying FFX-2 since I haven't touched it since the game released years ago. The battle system was fantastic - can't wait to dive back into that.

But then I think about the whole story %, and I KNOW I'm gonna want to get 100% to get the best ending. I don't really like using guides while playing through a game, but you really have to with X-2 if you want to see/do everything.

XJF

Part of me is looking forward to replaying FFX-2 since I haven't touched it since the game released years ago. The battle system was fantastic - can't wait to dive back into that.

But then I think about the whole story %, and I KNOW I'm gonna want to get 100% to get the best ending. I don't really like using guides while playing through a game, but you really have to with X-2 if you want to see/do everything.

just in it for the pretty Platinum. Can't believe they didn't name it something cool, and just settled on "Completion"... so lame.

RpgN

If you already did 2 matches on tournament, will the third match always be there even if you play league matches? I was doing so well on the first 2 matches but the Al Bhed are too overpowered with their stats. I definitely need to grind a bit to be strong enough. And the first price is attack reels. I don't want to lose that and have to make it appear later.

If you already did 2 matches on tournament, will the third match always be there even if you play league matches? I was doing so well on the first 2 matches but the Al Bhed are too overpowered with their stats. I definitely need to grind a bit to be strong enough. And the first price is attack reels. I don't want to lose that and have to make it appear later.

*Sigh*... the Psyches. Low level beasts.

Nimrook, aka "The Wall", in particular. Frekin bastard.

Manu

Three hours into X-2, some appreciations:

Once you get past the opening sequence, I'm really digging the visual and music contrast with X.

The game reminds me a lot of the Mega Man Legends series, for some reason. That's a good thing.

I love how Paine's VA clearly didn't give any fucks, but it suits the character.

Holy shit that battle system is fast and twitchy. I'm still having some issues with it after having all the time in the world to think your strategy in X.

I'm using a guide for completion on my first playthrough, it kind of sucks because I don't feel like I'm actually playing the game at times, but I want the best ending :/

I'm currently giving balloons to people while dressed as a Moogle and I'm having a blast.

EDIT: Oh, and Brother is a creepy son of a bitch.

I think you can play a few league matches without it going away but not sure the exact formula.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but just save your game and give the psyches a go. If it goes wrong you can just reload. They are tough at that level but I still beat them the same way I beat the goers in the story - Jecht Shot those f****ers

Robin64

Just started Final Fantasy X for the first time ever and been given a choice of Standard Sphere Grid or Expert Sphere Grid. GAF I'm scared, tell me what to pick.

Levyne

Banned
Just started Final Fantasy X for the first time ever and been given a choice of Standard Sphere Grid or Expert Sphere Grid. GAF I'm scared, tell me what to pick.

Probably standard if it is your first time.

Though it is impossible to "screw up" your characters with expert. You could do that if you want a slight challenge (though the game as a whole is not hard).

wiggleb0t

Banned
Pre order finally arrived today :) $30 AUD delivered was very welcome. Also snagged Toukiden at that price too :D
Was not aware FFX2 was downloadable only :-s Disappointed a lil, not that I've played FFX2 longer than 2 hours as the jpop was not really my thing. Was willing to give it another shot and look past that as the turn based system seemed intact and with a few quirks compared to X also the high quality production values I assume carried over from X.

Expert lets you decide right away which direction you want to take the characters. Standard is the original version character progression. IE everyone is mostly pushed in a certain direction like high evasion, high accuracy, or magic damage blah blah blah.

I say standard if its your first playthough. Expert can cause a few headaches early in the game if you are not entirely sure how the stats work.

Levyne

Banned
Pre order finally arrived today :) $30 AUD delivered was very welcome. Also snagged Toukiden at that price too :D
Was not aware FFX2 was downloadable only :-s Disappointed a lil, not that I've played FFX2 longer than 2 hours as the jpop was not really my thing. Was willing to give it another shot and look past that as the turn based system seemed intact and with a few quirks compared to X also the high quality production values I assume carried over from X.

The J-pop stuff subsides a little as you progress, though it never disappears completely. There are some awesome mechanics and a great game underneath all that.

krae_man

Battles Seymour for the first time. Those auto potioning jerks were no match for my TKO ball. Then I made a boo boo when I didn't summon a second aeon and I got punished by the game giving Seymour like 50 turns in a row guaranteeing death. Second time I didn't make that mistake.

X-2 has a rather serious/tragic story hidden under that pop stuff. It isn't all goofy fun with FF X2, but I could imagine it feeling that way from first impressions.

Gaz_RB

The only time I've stopped playing this game for more than a day since buying is when I get to a Cloister of Trials.

Sooo boring

Manu

I've been playing for a few hours and I want to save, but this guide doesn't tell me when I can or can't save. Is there a restriction for that too?

*Sigh*... the Psyches. Low level beasts.

Nimrook, aka "The Wall", in particular. Frekin bastard.

To beat Nimrook, get any character with Nap shot. Shoot nap shots from anywhere. You'll knock him out enough that the next shot will score guaranteed as long as you are close enough that the SH value doesn't reduce all the way to 0 on its own (which will wake Nimrook up instead of scoring).

You will be winning 3-1 instead of 10-0, but you will still win.

Cornbread78

I just wanted to say that the devs of the mini games have no souls.... just sayin' Blitzballs and sniper birds... F U, my poor chocobo... !!!!!!!

Gaz_RB

I've been playing for a few hours and I want to save, but this guide doesn't tell me when I can or can't save. Is there a restriction for that too?

I mean, there are save points spread out through the game. Those blue sphere things? That's the only place you can save.

Unless that's not what you're asking...

Levyne

Banned

Just keep some multiple slots.

If you are following a guide exactly, and at any point you are on a percentage exactly (6.0%, 11.0%, X.0%) and your navigation menu shows that, it means you're good to have a new "base" or "main" save.

Manu

I mean, there are save points spread out through the game. Those blue sphere things? That's the only place you can save.

Unless that's not what you're asking...

Yeah, it's not :p

The question should've been if saving often affects my percentage in X-2 in some way.

ytgT8cJ.jpg

I was really excited to get this, but then I realized I got exactly the time. I needed 1 more balloon to get the reward. I am just going to hack it in because screw it.

I actually played on expert grid 10 years ago and this is my first time using standard grid :lol. Can't really say what I prefer since it's been so long.

Top Bottom