• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Holmes

9A7CuOy.png

RpgN

*Sigh*... the Psyches. Low level beasts.

Nimrook, aka "The Wall", in particular. Frekin bastard.

I think you can play a few league matches without it going away but not sure the exact formula.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but just save your game and give the psyches a go. If it goes wrong you can just reload. They are tough at that level but I still beat them the same way I beat the goers in the story - Jecht Shot those f****ers

I tried taking them on and they were beating the crap out of me :/ It wasn't a good idea that this is the first time I played blitzball after Luca. Seeing Attack Reels on there, I remembered some gaffers having difficulties getting it and something else to appear, I decided to do the tournament straight away. I'll try again and grind if it's not working.

At least I got the trophies and prizes for the chocobo catcher and racer.

Ostinatto

i'm about to start the game, i've never played International version before. any tip for a first time run? i plan to platinum this game :D

Holmes

ok guys i got the game
so ?
normal or expert sphere grid
and is it similar to Xillias system?
It's different from Xillia's. Xillia (and FFXIII)'s system is deceptive in how much customization you really have. With the sphere grid, it's all about customization. Everyone's path is unique, you can cross paths to make your characters more diverse, you can add stat spheres to empty nodes, and late in the game, you'll also be able to clear nodes and replace them with stat spheres of your choice.

ubercheez

ive heard bad things about yuna being a heal bot for the first half?
is it true?

It's true; Yuna's default Sphere Grid path gives her no means of dealing damage other than via summoning. Summons are very powerful though.

i'm about to start the game, i've never played International version before. any tip for a first time run? i plan to platinum this game :D

Use bonus stat nodes as soon as you get them. Their relative value will be much lower in the late game, so there's no point hoarding them.

If you're going for the plat, be careful to get the four missable Al Bhed Primers. Also, make sure to get the Destruction Sphere treasure in Besaid and the Sun Crest after fighting
Yunalesca
. Those two aren't missable, but they will be guarded by dark aeons later.

JimPanzer

seriously, who thought that chocobo race is fun.
after one hour of trying the best I got was 23 seconds. guess I'll never get the trophy, might as well stop playing now. fuck this shit.

after one hour of trying the best I got was 23 seconds. guess I'll never get the trophy, might as well stop playing now. fuck this shit.

Stop playing as in stop trying that race or not even finish the game? Would be silly to not finish the game!

JimPanzer

Stop playing as in stop trying for the platinum or not even finish the game? Would be silly to not finish the game!

I've finished the game. but I wanted to platinum it :( I have no problem with hour long grinding, but this shit is worse than ornstein & smough in dark souls.

Ostinatto

It's true; Yuna's default Sphere Grid path gives her no means of dealing damage other than via summoning. Summons are very powerful though.

Use bonus stat nodes as soon as you get them. Their relative value will be much lower in the late game, so there's no point hoarding them.

If you're going for the plat, be careful to get the four missable Al Bhed Primers. Also, make sure to get the Destruction Sphere treasure in Besaid and the Sun Crest after fighting
Yunalesca
. Those two aren't missable, but they will be guarded by dark aeons later.

i don't play this since 2005/06, i have a couple of questions, every temple has a secret "destruction sphere" chest right?
i don't remember those four missable primers, the first one i think is outside the temple where
Tidus meets Rikku
?, the second one is on the dessert
inside al bhed's home?
, the third one is after
Yuma and Seymour get married in Kilika right?
, i don't remember the last one xD .

Emitan

i don't play this since 2005/06, i have a couple of questions, every temple has a secret "destruction sphere" chest right?
i don't remember those four missable primers, the first one i think is outside the temple where
Tidus meets Rikku
inside al bhed's home?
, the third one is after

3 are in Home one is right before the Bevelle temple

Shahadan

Just started Final Fantasy X for the first time ever and been given a choice of Standard Sphere Grid or Expert Sphere Grid. GAF I'm scared, tell me what to pick.

One thing to remember if you don't want to be screwed later : in each temple you'll have to endure Trials (you'll know what it is) and in each one there is a secret chest to find using a Destruction Sphere.
Do not proceed until you get it. Watch videos for the trials if you have to, they're a pain anyway.

ubercheez

Tidus meets Rikku
inside al bhed's home?
, the third one is after

Yeah, every temple has a Destruction Sphere treasure. You can always go back to them later if you miss them the first time through, but Besaid will have a dark aeon parked in front of it.

Missable Al Bhed Primers: Three in
Al Bhed Home
and one in Bevelle after that, in front of the Cloister of Trials.

Emitan

BkKFzRpCMAAnehl.jpg:large

If the balloons had shadows I'd have it by now

And if the controls werent awful

and if I could see where the boundaries of the course were

And if birds wouldn't spawn in front of me with no warning

ubercheez

Since there's two of you working on the Chocobo Race right now, I'll throw this guide out as something that helped me get the Sun Sigil in about an hour:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/17803 (search for 4.10 for the relevant section)

Try to be well ahead of the trainer when hitting the final turn, because it's fairly narrow after that and that makes it easy to get hit by birds aiming for her as well as your own. If she's still back in the open plain area, you'll only have your own birds to worry about down the home stretch.

BkKFzRpCMAAnehl.jpg:large

If the balloons had shadows I'd have it by now

And if the controls werent awful

and if I could see where the boundaries of the course were

And if birds wouldn't spawn in front of me with no warning

The birds have spawn points at 2 or 3 parts of the course. When you're near the spawn points, just drift over to one side and you won't spawn them.

RpgN

By the way, the game becomes very emotional after you reach Home. And from that point on, it is very on point with what's happening. Despite completing the game a couple of times, it always gets me. The last time I played it was too long to remember though. That
Yunalesca fight
and the boss before it was very rewarding. I was taking things very slowly and thinking about every action carefully, that way I managed to beat them both first time.

Not sure if I'm going ahead with getting a platinum, the sphere grid is very time consuming and I'm pretty scared of the thunder plains mini-game. But...I'm going through it for the time being. It's just too enjoyable to finish straight away :3

You guys who already have a platinum are true heroes!

Hollycat

I don't think I can go any higher. Just finished a 16-0 game against the luca goers.
After I finish this league, I'm resetting blitzball, this has gotten way too easy.

I think it's pretty funny that the Aurochs use Keepa as a goalie considering he is the only character that can get a 99 on SHT, at least if the original guidebook is to be believed.

Any advice on armor for end game? Was thinking:

Auto-phoenix
Ribbon
Break HP Limit
Auto-haste

Not sure about auto-haste and have read that BHPL isn't worth it? Seems crazy to me but would like to hear what people think.

Here's are some tips when you start off always stay on your side. Next when you turn that first corner two birds are always going to come at you and the trainer. So when you make that first turn always prepare to dodge. If you don't get hit the next set of birds will go after the trainer or who feet is in the back. At the next turn you'll have 3-4 seconds to get some balloons if they are there. But the first set of birds will come for you if you are leading, then after that just watch for a pair of birds near the end. Follow those steps and you should get it in about 25-30 minutes

ubercheez

I don't think I can go any higher. Just finished a 16-0 game against the luca goers.
After I finish this league, I'm resetting blitzball, this has gotten way too easy.

I think it's pretty funny that the Aurochs use Keepa as a goalie considering he is the only character that can get a 99 on SHT, at least if the original guidebook is to be believed.

Haha, yeah, but all of his stat gain in SHT happens after level 70 or something. So you'd have to use him for a rather long time before he'd become useful.

I'm sure some dedicated fan out there has done it for the laughs.

Shahadan

Auto-phoenix
Ribbon
Break HP Limit
Auto-haste

Not sure about auto-haste and have read that BHPL isn't worth it? Seems crazy to me but would like to hear what people think.

Well iirc you can't heal more than 9999 in one shot and even Full-Life can't cross 9999, so...if you have auto haste and auto-phoenix dying is a minor nuisance anyway.
BHPL just offers you some tranquility for a bit longer I guess. There are very few attacks that can hit you for 99 999 if your defense stats are high.
I guess it's a matter of preference.

Even Ribbon is debatable if you have quick pockets and a lot of remedies, since Ribbon doesn't protect against everything. Some people prefer to just heal the status.

Shahed

Why have the worms stopped spawning in Bikanel desert? I only need 1 more and they were coming every other battle. Haven't had one in 20 now...

X-2 is ridiculously awesome. All the outfits look fantastic and Rikku's animations are great.

Is there any reason to mess with monster capturing in my first playthrough if I'm waiting until NG+ to 100% it? It seems like a lot of work.

Well, I did it guys! 12 balloons, no hits. Got the Sun Sigil. Never again! Honestly, I think this is the hardest of the mini-games. At least the butterflies are consistent in their placement unlike the seagulls. Lightning Dodge is repetitive sure, but you can reduce the input lag using the lightning crater.
tdxi9HY.jpg

Edit: Yeah, I just figured out how to snap screenshots on the Vita. It is very neat!

Auto-phoenix
Ribbon
Break HP Limit
Auto-haste

Ribbon and Auto-Haste are a must, IMO, but on the other hand Ribbon's only consequential against certain enemies (but by the time your stats get high enough, you'll not have to worry about any enemies *except* for the Dark Aeons and Penance and the occasional Great Malboro ambush if you're not paying attention).

I know one popular one is Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Auto-Shell, or occasionally substituting out Auto-Shell for Defense+20%.

Auto-Regen's surprisingly not-terrible either. Auto-Phoenix really comes in handy sometimes too.

Once you've actually got the Dark Aeons/Penance out of the way and your stats are maxed, you might as well go with Ribbon/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix/Auto-Regen, I think, in order to make fights against even Nemesis as mindless as possible. Some folks may disagree though.

Top Bottom