• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

Erm, did Yuna just say "zenkai de iku yo" at the beginning of battle?

Yea, we've already discussed this. The English VA is saying Japanese battle dialogue. Only appears to be Yuna though

Any advice on armor for end game? Was thinking:

Auto-phoenix
Ribbon
Break HP Limit
Auto-haste

Not sure about auto-haste and have read that BHPL isn't worth it? Seems crazy to me but would like to hear what people think.
I have the Plat. BHPL is useless.
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
are ALL MANDATORY. End of Story.

For the Arena you want Auto-Potion as your 4th. Sell every potion you have that isn't an X-Potion.

For the Dark Aeons you want the last slot to be for Ribbon. Some of them counter with attacks that cause status ailments. There really is NO substitute for Ribbon. You'll get a free one for unlocking Ultima Buster. You should get enough Dark matter for a second from farming Arena drops for Stats. You can farm Dark Yojimbo for rest. He can drop Armor with Ribbon and 3 free slots. He dropped one for my Lulu that Had Ribbon and Auto-Protect already on it.

Yea, we've already discussed this. The English VA is saying Japanese battle dialogue. Only appears to be Yuna though

I have the Plat. BHPL is useless.
Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
are ALL MANDATORY. End of Story.

For the Arena you want Auto-Potion as your 4th. Sell every potion you have that isn't an X-Potion.

For the Dark Aeons you want the last slot to be for Ribbon. Some of them counter with attacks that cause status ailments. There really is NO substitute for Ribbon. You'll get a free one for unlocking Ultima Buster. You should get enough Dark matter for a second from farming Arena drops for Stats. You can farm Dark Yojimbo for rest. He can drop Armor with Ribbon and 3 free slots. He dropped one for my Lulu that Had Ribbon and Auto-Protect already on it.

Did you gear 3 people or all 7 with these armors?

flyover

I wish people could just send me their save and I could do chocobo racing / butterflies for them. I actually kinda enjoy that stuff lol

I'd take you up on it! I've never been able to win the race (and only once got the butterflies), yet the lightning dodging is usually no problem for me -- so long as I have a No Encounter weapon.

Hell, I wish someone could play blitzball for me, too. I should hire my 8-year-old nephew to get the celestial weapons for me. All the games he plays on the iPod are the perfect training for the RPG mini-games I can't (or don't want to) do.

XJF

Did you gear 3 people or all 7 with these armors?

Just my main 3, but I had Ribbon Armor for all (from Yojimbo), just didn't add extra 3 skills for the ones for the other people because I never used them.
It should also be noted that I only Legit fought Dark Aeons Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion, Shiva, and Yojimbo. I Zanmato'd Bahamut, Anima, the Magus Sisters, Nemesis, and Penance.

Aurizen

Well, all of the dressspheres, but there are some items mutually exclusive with 100% completion.

I followed one guide that told me to go to guadosalam just to test the percent in chapter one when i was suppose to go to besaid, i saved and then right after the guide said dont save. Would I be ruined?

Levyne

Banned
I followed one guide that told me to go to guadosalam just to test the percent in chapter one when i was suppose to go to besaid, i saved and then right after the guide said dont save. Would I be ruined?

Seems like a weird thing for a guide to say to do. It could have been just to get you to a base X.0% to check something. That said, in the long run it shouldn't matter. I can't think of anything is early Guadosalam that requires a choice or doing something that hinders 100%..

Aurizen

Seems like a weird thing for a guide to say to do. It could have been just to get you to a base X.0% to check something. That said, in the long run it shouldn't matter. I can't think of anything is early Guadosalam that requires a choice or doing something that hinders 100%..

it was just 2 cutscenes that was all, I dont think it should ruin me either.

It pretty much was this

- after the cutscene there, continue up to the upper levels of
Guadosalam and attempt to enter the Farplane entrance and you
will see a second cutscene (this gives another 0.2%)
- use a temp save file and save in Guadosalam; if you see 7%, then
you have done all the steps from 0.0% to 6.0% correctly; if not
then you messed somewhere between 0.0% and 6.0%)
- if you did get 7% on your temp save file, then you're good to go;
just load the 6.0% save file (again, it's technicaly not 6.0%)
and proceed normally by comforting Brother, and then move on to
the Besaid section below

BESAID .......................................................... 2.2

NOTE: If you used the test described in the NOTE above, make sure
your current game does not have the Guadosalam events as having
already been seen; those were used for testing only

XJF

You just need to approach the Farplane some time in Chapter 1 for 0.4% completion, according to official guide.

If the balloons had shadows I'd have it by now

And if the controls werent awful

and if I could see where the boundaries of the course were

And if birds wouldn't spawn in front of me with no warning
Yeah, I agree with you. The way I did it was this:
  • Tap when you are not making a wide turn
  • Do not bump into the invisible wall. You will get hit...
  • Try to get at least 4 balloons at the start with no seagulls. Just let the race play out if you do not.
  • Stay behind the girl during the first part. She will most likely get hit. You can then veer right to avoid seagulls.
  • During the end, you should hug the left side. Less chance of getting hit by a gull.
  • Do not do the math. Just try to not get hit. Most likely you will get 12 to 13 with luck.
  • This is primarily luck based. The only skill is learning how to navigate the Chocobo. This can take you 30 minutes to 3 hours. (3 hours for me because my luck sucks)

JimPanzer

Since there's two of you working on the Chocobo Race right now, I'll throw this guide out as something that helped me get the Sun Sigil in about an hour:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/17803 (search for 4.10 for the relevant section)

Try to be well ahead of the trainer when hitting the final turn, because it's fairly narrow after that and that makes it easy to get hit by birds aiming for her as well as your own. If she's still back in the open plain area, you'll only have your own birds to worry about down the home stretch.

thanks! I'm now at 6.9. damn.

Tiamant

To all of you starting X-2 GO TO THE CALM LANDS and start the PR and marriage missions! Both of them start at chapter 1 and require a lot of points before the last chapter so the sooner you start the better.

On another topic, Samurai Yuna or Samurai Rikku? I can't decide hhnnnggg!

Levyne

Banned
To all of you starting X-2 GO TO THE CALM LANDS and start the PR and marriage missions! Both of them start at chapter 1 and require a lot of points before the last chapter so the sooner you start the better.

whynotboth

And yeah. I stated PR. Part of me wants to undergo the effort of maxing both companies but I am unsure I will bother. Onlyneed one for 100%.

XJF

You have to start these in Chapter 1 for 0.2% Completion points. Anyone following a guide will do this.

Dark Knight Everyone lol

Holmes

Two Dark Knights and an Alchemist, obviously.

X-2 is soo fun. The mood is so light. Yuna sounds so much more fun and confident, and Paine is the best.

XJF

Just took down a Tonberry on my first trip to Mushroom RR. Two Warriors and 1 White Mage spamming Pray. No effort required lol I got screwed though. Only got like 120 EXP.

Emitan

BkKfCvMCYAA8QyI.jpg:large

I can feel my blood pressure rising. I'm done for today. This is so RNG it hurts.

Tiamant

whynotboth

And yeah. I stated PR. Part of me wants to undergo the effort of maxing both companies but I am unsure I will bother. One need one for 100%.

My OCD beeps like crazy with this game, every girl must have very specific jobs that cannot be repeated. It's like those FFV runs that GAF likes to make every year

Levyne

Banned
I just sort of wish her name wasn't Paine. Just seems to really be pushing her general demeanor by naming her that. It's a frivolous thing to think about too much, however.

Unless I am forgetting something about the game, which is likely.

5/7 celestials unlocked. I think you can imagine who I don't have.

I will never be able to complete those lightning bolts. I don't think I physically have it in me.

I also unlocked One Eye finally. Any tips for taking him down? That fucker seems to regen every turn.

3 completed sphere grids and defeated Nemesis.

The platinum is in sight, I can see it.

I still have to start blitzball to get Wakka's weapon and reels, I need to beat Dark Yojimbo to unlock Penance, and do the butterfly mini for Kimarhi's weapon. After those, I will max the rest of the grids, I am about 75% with Rikku right now. Then I think I am done. 112 hours so far, lmao.

Levyne

Banned
5/7 celestials unlocked. I think you can imagine who I don't have.

I will never be able to complete those lightning bolts. I don't think I physically have it in me.

I also unlocked One Eye finally. Any tips for taking him down? That fucker seems to regen every turn.

You could always just stock up a Blitz Ace and Attack Reels. If you have triple overdrive and Victor overdrive mode, you'd just need to kill a dingo in between each one eye fight.

Does the new stuff in X-2 not have any bearing on completion percentage? Also, is it easy to miss the new stuff or is it just end game stuff?

Levyne

Banned
Does the new stuff in X-2 not have any bearing on completion percentage? Also, is it easy to miss the new stuff or is it just end game stuff?

Well Last Mission takes place after the main game, and to my knowledge is mostly separate. The extra other stuff is mostly introduced early on, and seems largely related to Shrina's creature creator stuff. From what I can tell there's really no bearing on percentage.

XJF

112 hours so far, lmao.
DAAAAAAMN. I platted in 102 Hours. You're looking at 5-7 hours for Wakka Reels/Sigil if you're good. At least 6 for remaining grids. 1 for Butterfly, super easy once you learn what wall to hug at each point. Then 1 hour total for all 5 Yojimbo fights assuming you Double-Cast Flare like I did. Good luck. I hated every second of all those things lol

DAAAAAAMN. I platted in 102 Hours. You're looking at 5-7 hours for Wakka Reels/Sigil if you're good. At least 6 for remaining grids. 1 for Butterfly, super easy once you learn what wall to hug at each point. Then 1 hour total for all 5 Yojimbo fights assuming you Double-Cast Flare like I did. Good luck. I hated every second of all those things lol

Yeah, I have been grinding a lot for sphere levels on top of everything else and only consulting a guide when I absolutely have to.

Levyne

Banned
That requires me to have played blitzball.

; ;

You can have attack reels in 2 or 3 games I would think. Just keep re-entering and exiting the Blitz menu to reset tournaments until it appears.

Of course, if you want world champion fully upgraded you'd need to do a bit more...

Well Last Mission takes place after the main game, and to my knowledge is mostly separate. The extra other stuff is mostly introduced early on, and seems largely related to Shrina's creature creator stuff. From what I can tell there's really no bearing on percentage.

Hmm, I might actually just move onto X-2 and leave all the extra stuff in X until later
more likely never.

You only have to win 3 blitzball games for attack reels.

I think the guide says you have to play a grand total of 17 blitzball games to get all the rewards. I am going to wait until end game for that. Then again, if 3 for one overdrive, then I bet Wakka has like 5 overdrives.

Dodged 200 lightning bolt and OMG I somehow managed to win the Chocobo race with all five chests. Having a video of someone winning the race in the background magically gave me the power to win as well.

OmegaDL50

I steamrolled through Dark Valefor, Ixion, Ifrit, and Shiva.

Decided I was confident enough just to go straight to Dark Bahamut, thinking I'd save Anima, Yojimbo, and the Magus Sisters for later.

Nope.

Dark Bahamut absolutely destroyed me.

Levyne

Banned
I think the guide says you have to play a grand total of 17 blitzball games to get all the rewards. I am going to wait until end game for that.

Well it's two tournaments and two leagues I think. So that would be 24 if you get the bye twice. Of course, depending on the performance of other teams in the league, you may be able to forfeit games at the ends of them to pare down the time. This would likely also involve a reset or two to not have to chew through junk leagues with the wrong reward.

XJF

For those Platinum'ing X-2. Are you going to do a NG+ or just reload a save before the Sphere decision in Chapter 2?

Not sure if the bestiary trophy is for the Game beastiary or for Shinra's Creature Creator Beastiary

Dodged 200 lightning bolt and OMG I somehow managed to win the Chocobo race with all five chests. Having a video of someone winning the race in the background magically gave me the power to win as well.
I find the Remiem race not that bad actually. It is really about memorizing the places. It only took me three tries.

Levyne

Banned
For those Platinum'ing X-2. Are you going to do a NG+ or just reload a save before the Sphere decision in Chapter 2?

Not sure if the bestiary trophy is for the Game beastiary or for Shinra's Creature Creator Beastiary

NG+.

I really think and hope it's his regular bestiary

Tiamant

First run will be Youth-league and trying to get 100% for mascot, second run will be new yevon and focused on the monster minigame.

I find the Remiem race not that bad actually. It is really about memorizing the places. It only took me three tries.

The hardest part are the controls where the shifting camera angle change the direction the analog stick moves the Chocobo. My Chocobo always ends up running into the right side of the final curve to the center. Never beat the race on my PS2 run through, so the win was really satisfying for me.

Holmes

Youth wins again!

I had forgotten how fast paced the battle system is in this game. I really need to get used to it again. I find myself thinking of what to do during everyone's turn and slowly executing it. I need to know what I want to do before their turns even come.

Most likely Creature Creator. I'm probably going to do two playthroughs myself.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ribbon and Auto-Haste are a must, IMO, but on the other hand Ribbon's only consequential against certain enemies (but by the time your stats get high enough, you'll not have to worry about any enemies *except* for the Dark Aeons and Penance and the occasional Great Malboro ambush if you're not paying attention).

I know one popular one is Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Auto-Shell, or occasionally substituting out Auto-Shell for Defense+20%.

Auto-Regen's surprisingly not-terrible either. Auto-Phoenix really comes in handy sometimes too.

Once you've actually got the Dark Aeons/Penance out of the way and your stats are maxed, you might as well go with Ribbon/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix/Auto-Regen, I think, in order to make fights against even Nemesis as mindless as possible. Some folks may disagree though.

There are very, very few cases where Auto-Shell would reduce an otherwise fatal magic damage ability below the 9999 threshold. Also, Auto-Regen is only in any means efficient or worth its slot if you pair it with Break HP Limit. I'd really avoid either of those unless you have a very specific battle and thus armor setup in mind.

Top Bottom