• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Dice//

Banned
Oh goood.This is gonna be a nightmare.

I am kind of exhausted after dodging the lightning and need a break.Can't deal with that shit right now. lol

Haha I love the subtle irony about hating lightning dodges while your avatar is Lulu.
(But yeah it sucks...sucks hot melty garbage).

shahkur

Been playing this game and got up to
Mi'ihen Highroad

I've been wondering, how can you check if a buff/debuff is still running? Skills like Cheer for example. It doesn't tell you in the description how long it lasts.

XJF

Mi'ihen Highroad

I've been wondering, how can you check if a buff/debuff is still running? Skills like Cheer for example. It doesn't tell you in the description how long it lasts.

Pretty sure it's duration of battle, for all characters that haven't been KO'd and who were in active party upon using ability

ubercheez

Mi'ihen Highroad

For status ailments and buffs (Darkness, Haste, etc.), you can see them whenever the cursor is on the character.

Stat buffs like Cheer don't show up because they stack and don't expire.

shahkur

For status ailments and buffs (Darkness, Haste, etc.), you can see them whenever the cursor is on the character.

Stat buffs like Cheer don't show up because they stack and don't expire.

Pretty sure it's duration of battle, for all characters that haven't been KO'd and who were in active party upon using ability

Thanks for the help guys. So, from what I gather, I can keep using cheer and my attacks will keep getting stronger until that character dies/switched out?

XJF

Thanks for that, can't find my physical guide anywhere after so long.

Any missables that aren't covered there to look out for? I'm assuming that gets you all the garments and stuff.

Consult a dressphere list for that. This list is ONLY for 100% story completion in one playthrough. It does not explicitly list where to collect all the dresspheres, GG, Al Bhed Primers, etc..

Consult a dressphere list for that. This list is ONLY for 100% story completion in one playthrough. It does not explicitly list where to collect all the dresspheres, GG, Al Bhed Primers, etc..

Oh OK, assumed they counted towards the percentage.

I can already see needing multiple browser tabs open to get everything.

ubercheez

Thanks for the help guys. So, from what I gather, I can keep using cheer and my attacks will keep getting stronger until that character dies/switched out?

Actually, switching a character out will not remove the stat buff. But yes, dying will.

Stat buffs stack up to 5 times.

shahkur

Actually, switching a character out will not remove the stat buff. But yes, dying will.

Stat buffs stack up to 5 times.

Thanks again for your help Ubercheez.

I gotta say, I'm loving this game. My first real time playing it. Tidus is one goofy character LOL. The fact that he looks like Chucky the doll mixed with that voice, and not to mention that
laugh scene
. I hope this is maintained throughout the whole game.

Got my first 'game over' in FFX against
the wendigo
. I had totally forgotten about this fight, and how to deal with it. I eventually just summoned valefor and figured out I could spam sonic wing since it wasn't immune to it. Overall though FFX is a lot more easy than I remember it being...hopefully the fights in the second half of the game that I remember being difficult will still provide a challenge.

mstevens

Man.. This game just came in the mail today, but I'm leaving Friday for about a week and won't be able to take my Vita. It's so tempting to start a game up now but I know I should wait until I can put the proper amount of time into this. I need to finish up my inFamous plat first, too...

So excited for this, though.

Shahed

Moment of truth for me. I've caught every monster 10 times up to the Calm Lands. Now I need to catch Tonberry's. In all my several playthroughs I've never managed that. It's all been the make or break point that eventually leads me to give up on the game and the extra content

So like a crazy person, I went back and got all the Jecht spheres. I shouldn't have Auron's final Overdrive yet should I? I take it I need the last one in Mt. Gagazet?

Shahed

Auron's final limit isn't that good anyway. Shooting Star is useful to eject certain monsters you might already have 10 of or robots. But otherwise Banishing Blade is the one for guaranteeing Breaks against enemies that while not immune, are resistant to them

Saphirax

Question for those that did the Tonberry AP farming trick.
I'm currently in the process of grinding sphere levels in Omega Ruins because my characters are nowhere near strong enough to kill One Eye.

However, it's proving to be a rather slow grind, mostly because even in Omega Ruins some fiends can easily kill me.

Should I switch to farming levels inside Sin, or are there any tricks to make the overall process easier?

The hardest part are the controls where the shifting camera angle change the direction the analog stick moves the Chocobo. My Chocobo always ends up running into the right side of the final curve to the center. Never beat the race on my PS2 run through, so the win was really satisfying for me.
Yeah, I find the chocobo is odd, but you get used to it. Now I did the Vita version and wow that is the best case why the nubs suck. Took me 30 minutes!
ZSfJ2YM.jpg

Shahed

Question for those that did the Tonberry AP farming trick.
I'm currently in the process of grinding sphere levels in Omega Ruins because my characters are nowhere near strong enough to kill One Eye.

However, it's proving to be a rather slow grind, mostly because even in Omega Ruins some fiends can easily kill me.

Should I switch to farming levels inside Sin, or are there any tricks to make the overall process easier?

I'd stick with Omega Ruins. Just have a character with First Strike so you can run from the enemies you find difficult and take tbe others on. You could always get the Celestial Weapons for your more powerful characeters like Tidus, Auron and Wakka first and then go there

The Jason

So I just started playing and I have to say the game looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

I've played the ps2 version recently (on a SD TV) and the improvements are very noticeable.

Great job SE! Makes me want FFXII:IZJS HD even more.

Also, the soundtrack is actually pretty nice in-game, even though a few tracks are still inferior to the originals.

Levyne

Banned
Shinra has arena tournaments of sorts nested within the creature capture stuff. Make sure you do the first one :)

(It can be a little tough if you literally just started)

Shahed

I can't believe it. I have 10 Tonberry's! 3 playthroughs back on the PS2 and I never managed this. I think I might seriously consider going for platinum now

XJF

Shinra has arena tournaments of sorts nested within the creature capture stuff. Make sure you do the first one :)

(It can be a little tough if you literally just started)
I still can't beat this bullshit lol I want to though. Heard Psy is super OP

Oh man. Lightning tower calibration x_x

I had completely forgotten about this until you mentioned it. Way to totally ruin my day lol Off to Guadosalam now. Hopefully I can finish chapter 1 tonight. Off to Panama City Beach tomorrow night!

SougoXIII

Do anyone here thinks that it's silly for a fraction call 'New Yevon' that's actually popular in X-2? It's like 'Hey there's this religion that
caused a thousand years of grief and suffering, was exposed only 2 years ago
... Let's associate our party with it!!'

Best idea ever.

Tiamant

Is festivalist a new dress sphere? Seems kinda weak so far, but I'm still in chapter one.

I chose Yuna's festivalist because of the elemental spells and I thought the same until she cast "Piro++ 2" which in english should me something like "Firaga 2", dealing 3000 damage. Meanwhile the rest of the party struggled to do 200's.

Do anyone here thinks that it's silly for a fraction call 'New Yevon' that's actually popular in X-2? It's like 'Hey there's this religion that

Best idea ever.

Well, you have people siding with the Catholic church nowadays so definitely there's a precedent.

*runs away*

Panthers

Best idea ever.

A lot of people have a hard time letting go and still believe in the positives of the religion, not just the corrupt leaders

SougoXIII

A lot of people have a hard time letting go and still believe in the positives of the religion, not just the corrupt leaders

But see, that's a problem.
There's no positives of Yevon, FFX have expose it to be an entire lie. Like everything about Yevon only exist to oppress the people and give the corrupt leader more power. I can't believe that there isn't more backlash of Yevon in X-2, cause you know, people just found out that there entire belief is a horrifying lie and they just sent hundreds of summoners and guardians to their death so that they can sleep soundly at night, never questioning it. Not to mention that operation Mi'hen where Yevon deliberately lead the Crusaders to their death only to reinforce the believe of their faithful - which is an extremely disgusting act.
So X-2 is telling me there's enough people who is willing to support a party that associate themselves to that atrocious religion for it to be one of a major power in Spira? And only 2 years after FFX? A minority I can definitely understand but a major faction? No X-2, no.

.Well, you have people siding with the Catholic church nowadays so definitely there's a precedent.

*runs away*

Haha, I was avoiding mentioning any real world religion then you do this :p

I think Yevon is a more extreme example though. If I want to use the Catholic church as an example, it would be: If 2 years ago everyone found out irrefutable evidence that everything about the Catholic Church is a lie. Not only that, until 2 years ago, the Catholic church is the only governing power of the world and had undergo numerous 'purge' to cover up their lies destroying millions of homes/lives in progress. Now then, only 2 years after the mess, we have a party that call themselves the 'Neo-Catholic Church' and they some how manage to gather enough support to be one of the major faction of the world. It would be ridiculous.

Zephyx

Finally finished Chocobo Racing after 1.5 hours of trying! Finished the race with 35.1 secs, 15 balloons and 1 bird hit. I really got lucky! Got two "I want to throw this game" moments when I got 0.3 and 0.1. :D

ramyeon

But see, that's a problem.
There's no positives of Yevon, FFX have expose it to be an entire lie. Like everything about Yevon only exist to oppress the people and give the corrupt leader more power. I can't believe that there isn't more backlash of Yevon in X-2, cause you know, people just found out that there entire belief is a horrifying lie and they just sent hundreds of summoners and guardians to their death so that they can sleep soundly at night, never questioning it. Not to mention that operation Mi'hen where Yevon deliberately lead the Crusaders to their death only to reinforce the believe of their faithful - which is an extremely disgusting act.
So X-2 is telling me there's enough people who is willing to support a party that associate themselves to that atrocious religion for it to be one of a major power in Spira? And only 2 years after FFX? A minority I can definitely understand but a major faction? No X-2, no.
I think you're really underestimating the power that religion has over people.

Yea, screw it. I'm just going to 100% FFX-2 in one go. Got totally destroyed by the boss in Zanarkand and I'm only 4 hours in so I'll restart tomorrow.

SougoXIII

Eh, it seems reasonable; they're just cautious about what technology will do in society rather than wanting to bring Yu Yevon back.

That's the thing. They can be an anti-machina faction without the name 'New Yevon' Why would you want to be associate your faction with a name that should be universally reviled? And only a short time after Yevon have been defaced. More importantly, how the hell did they succeeded?

I think you're really underestimating the power that religion has over people.

I'm understand no illusion that there are some people who will still cling on to their belief even after their religion have been exposed as a lie because they have nothing else to believe in. But there's no way they can be a major power after only 2 years of Yevon's fall. There should still be enough backlash to snuff out any mention of Yevon (justify or not). Now if X-2 was taken place centuries after then it would be believable but setting it so soon just make 'New Yevon' so lazy and contrived.

Crusader

Banned
Because Yevon is not just a religion but a complete way of life virtually unchanged for a thousand years. That doesn't get undone after two.

Top Bottom