• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

jaxword

Does anyone here have the FFX SCENARIO Ultimania?

There are 3 FFX ultimanias. I'm just asking about that specific one because it's the only one that has a picture that locates D-Zanarkand.

It's the one that looks like this:

T9MlnRC.jpg

Manu

Finished Chapter 1 of X-2. So far so good, if a bit easy.

I loved the self aware bit at the end,
where the girls try to make an action pose and everyone is like "what the fuck are you doing?"

And my completion is at 25%, just like the guide says.

XJF

Finished Chapter 1 of X-2. So far so good, if a bit easy.

I loved the self aware bit at the end,
where the girls try to make an action pose and everyone is like "what the fuck are you doing?"

And my completion is at 25%, just like the guide says.

I'm finishing up Gagazet right now. Then to Z. Calling it a night after this chapter. Ready for some much needed sleep

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got the PS3 limited edition from Amazon (I'm not American). Thankfully the saves sync so long as it's the same account (even though my Vita copies are the R3 hard copies and my PS3 copy, the R1 copy). Of course if you have the Japanese language or Chinese language ones they won't work.

The loading times on the PS3 are certainly longer than the ones on the Vita. Anyone experiencing this or is this just my copy? Could be my PS3 Slim (first iteration) too I guess. Also, isn't Last Mission suppose to ask for a save load from the main game?

currently farming spheres at monster arena. trying to fill in the sphere grid then defeat the dark aeons. current game clock is at 64 hours so i'm guessing the platinum takes about 90-100 hours. It's ridiculous how good of a game FFX is the story is amazing, and the battles are really addictive. and seeing dat 99,999 when powering up characters to max is so nice :)

Erigu

Does anyone here have the FFX SCENARIO Ultimania?
There are 3 FFX ultimanias.
Four, now, with the HD Remaster, actually. ^^

I'm just asking about that specific one because it's the only one that has a picture that locates
D-Zanarkand
(spoiler tagged just in case)
I'm pretty sure the actual location wasn't specified. Not sure where I put my copy, but I just checked the map of the HD Remaster Ultimania, and it's exactly how I remember it from the Scenario Ultimania:
the fake "dream" Zanarkand
is in its own frame/corner, separate from the main map.

Welp, just need to play some blitzball and complete 2 more grids and I've got my platinum. I've gotta be honest, I'm kind of sick of this game at this point. Haha.

Just got my third celestial weapon, God hand!
Now only the tedious remain :/ not looking forward to it. Kimahri or Tidus are next not decided yet who to do first.

Jacobbles

Having real trouble with the Dark Yojimbo fights. I can get through the first two (though it takes AGES as my characters have low luck and miss all the time) but something always seems to go wrong on the third fight.

What should I do? I really don't want to go back and start grinding for luck spheres just so I stand a chance against this one boss. I've already beaten the other Dark Aeons but this guy is doing my head in.

Falk

that puzzling face
Having real trouble with the Dark Yojimbo fights. I can get through the first two (though it takes AGES as my characters have low luck and miss all the time) but something always seems to go wrong on the third fight.

What should I do? I really don't want to go back and start grinding for luck spheres just so I stand a chance against this one boss. I've already beaten the other Dark Aeons but this guy is doing my head in.

With the right setup your characters should not be dying at ALL, and Wakka's Attack Reels should be your main (if not only, to manage his Overdrive meter) source of damage. This frees up the need to have Auto-Phoenix on your armor.

On the other hand the 'right setup' includes having Auto-Protect, Stoneproof and Def+20% though (I chose Auto Potion for the last one with a stash of X-Potions to give me more turns to do stuff) so you need to be very sure to dispel armor break and keep Haste applied at all times.

Footos22

Is it just me but playing the Vita version drains the battery insanely fast.
Seem to get a battery low status when using a summon overdrive. Then when its finished i check and its back into green again. Is strange.

ZeroX03

Banned
For both sphere grid trophies are you suppose to only fill the grids of your characters spot or the entire grid?

You have to use the special stat spheres to fill in every empty sphere on the grid, and activate every sphere with every character.

Is it just me but playing the Vita version drains the battery insanely fast.
Seem to get a battery low status when using a summon overdrive. Then when its finished i check and its back into green again. Is strange.

Go 2000 ;)

Arthea

You have to use the special stat spheres to fill in every empty sphere on the grid, and activate every sphere with every character.
you kidding, right? April first is over! just reminding.
I was sure maxing grid entails only activating all nodes, not filling empty ones too...

ZeroX03

Banned
you kidding, right? April first is over! just reminding.
I was sure maxing grid entails only activating all nodes, not filling empty ones too...

I'm not joking. You've always had to fill the empty nodes. It's practically required for optional bosses if you don't use Yojimbo.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why would anyone joke about something like that, and why do you think we were talking about spamming Magic Defense nodes. :|

Arthea

I'm not joking. You've always had to fill the empty nodes. It's practically required for optional bosses if you don't use Yojimbo.

not true, I never filled all nodes my first time around and I killed all Darkies and Penance without using Zanmato, I filled only so many that I could kill them, many, but not all, too lazy for that.
It seems I don't have such a choice anymore :(

Why would anyone joke about something like that, and why do you think we were talking about spamming Magic Defense nodes. :|

I totally get it now lol

SkylineRKR

I tried yesterday, it was disaster. I dunno how I did it first time, but now I lose concentration sooner or later, it'll take a lot of tries to get to 200 :\

Same for me. I usually lose concentration after 4 or so minutes ie 50 bolts. I should take a break, because before that happens I feel that its ridiculously easy to dodge bolts.

I use the crater at the left, behind the pillar in the first area. First bolt takes some 7 seconds, and the second hits when Tidus looks at the screen after he turns around. Its kind of easy to predict, but its just concentration that drains away.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you're doing the stand-still method, it may be easier to focus using the laps method because 1) you're more actively involved 2) it takes shorter repetitions per bolt (meaning if you can concentrate for ___ amount of time you get more mileage out of that period) 3) it may be easier to time walking over the ditch than waiting for an animation.

At least try it, nothing to lose!

HeelPower

I did it in ten installments of 20 dodges each.

20 , shortbreak , 20 etc.

It really felt a lot simpler. Counting 200 didn't work for me psychologically.Too stressful.

Haha I love the subtle irony about hating lightning dodges while your avatar is Lulu.
(But yeah it sucks...sucks hot melty garbage).

Lol yeah...I really do like Lulu.

But right now I can tell you...I am not too fond of the thunderplains...lol

ramyeon

If you're doing the stand-still method, it may be easier to focus using the laps method because 1) you're more actively involved 2) it takes shorter repetitions per bolt (meaning if you can concentrate for ___ amount of time you get more mileage out of that period) 3) it may be easier to time walking over the ditch than waiting for an animation.

At least try it, nothing to lose!
This is much easier than the stand still method with the two bolts. Since you're actually forcing the bolt to appear there's no need to worry about timing.

I can't recommend enough not counting the bolts. Seriously. Just set yourself a timer for 5 minutes, dodge until it goes off, pause and take a break and then do it again until you get 25 minutes total. You'll have more than enough by that point to stop.

Counting makes you get anxious as you get closer to 200 and it takes your concentration away from the game.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNjKL7aZY4E

This video shows how to use that spot most effectively. I tried over and over again by dodging the two bolts and it was so much harder than running around in circles to force one bolt every time.

HeelPower

The hardest part are the controls where the shifting camera angle change the direction the analog stick moves the Chocobo. My Chocobo always ends up running into the right side of the final curve to the center. Never beat the race on my PS2 run through, so the win was really satisfying for me.

Yep.

It SUCKED.Controlling the chocobo was highly frustrating but the final win was satisfying.

This video shows how to use that spot most effectively. I tried over and over again by dodging the two bolts and it was so much harder than running around in circles to force one bolt every time.

Yeah. Run around in a circle and use that little black spot in the ground as marker for the circle.

Arthea

Same for me. I usually lose concentration after 4 or so minutes ie 50 bolts. I should take a break, because before that happens I feel that its ridiculously easy to dodge bolts.

I use the crater at the left, behind the pillar in the first area. First bolt takes some 7 seconds, and the second hits when Tidus looks at the screen after he turns around. Its kind of easy to predict, but its just concentration that drains away.

That's just it, as we talked a few days ago in this same topic, running in circles and staring at occasionally flashing screen or standing and doing so for 20 minutes is incredibly boring and tedious.

I found quite a few spots with sure strikes in some intervals, one of them is a cactuar stone in southern part. But that doesn't change the outcome, it's just mindnumbingly boring. If they did it, let's say you need to dodge for 5 minutes without fail, or you need total 200 dodges, it would be OK, not really a great sidequest, but some challenge and doable. Requiring to do 200 non stop, is sorta sadistic (><)
Then there is Chocobo catcher, which is much worse than dodging, as you need luck and patience, and a lot of luck at that.
As Maechen says and that is that not all!

I did it in ten installments of 20 dodges each.

20 , shortbreak , 20 etc.

It really felt a lot simpler. Counting 200 didn't work for me psychologically.Too stressful.

Lol yeah...I really do like Lulu.

But right now I can tell you...I am not too fond of the thunderplains...lol

You know... I might try your method, it could help and there is no harm in trying. Thanks for posting it.

Everybody likes Lulu and hates Thunder plains, it's law of nature!

JimPanzer

just beaten the crap out of the chocobo challenge. FUCK YEAH.

now I've got some leveling to do. I have celestials for auron and rikku completed, my characters are around 6000-7000 hp. where would be the best place to grind? and which setup of items to use?
I've got 99 doors of tomorrow and have unlocked one-eye's but currently lack the strength to fight them.

Falk

that puzzling face
So here I am replaying X-2 and the one thing that keeps running through my mind is how people could get hung up over the writing or storytelling direction in LR being bad. I mean, really now. Every hop-hi5 is cringeworthy. :|

(They're both fun games if you just... not expect Shakespeare to begin with)

Tiamant

So here I am replaying X-2 and the one thing that keeps running through my mind is how people could get hung up over the writing or storytelling direction in LR being bad. I mean, really now. Every hop-hi5 is cringeworthy. :|

Because X-2 doesn't take itself serious unlike some other shoehorned female lead that saves the multiverse with every sigh.

Sooo... the PR/matchmaking stuff only works for certain NPCs, and I need a guide to find the correct option for each NPC if I actually want to win something?

Right, fuck those minigames. Completely stupid.

Falk

that puzzling face
Because X-2 doesn't take itself serious unlike some other shoehorned female lead that saves the multiverse with every sigh.

Well, we can't really discuss this without getting into massive X-2 spoilers but I feel that under the surface X-2 did wholeheartedly attempt something of a meaningful subplot as well.

(You're absolutely right that nothing is going to come close to the ending sequences of LR in the 'they did WHAT?' factor though hahahahah)

ZeroX03

Banned

This. This is why I give X-2 significantly more room to be experimental and weird, it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's honest about indulging gameplay, nostalgia and fanservice over a serious plot. XIII-2 and XIII-3 think they're the shit and are telling a monumental story... except they're not, so they're going to get judged significantly harder for their narrative shortcomings.

HeelPower

You know... I might try your method, it could help and there is no harm in trying. Thanks for posting it.

Everybody likes Lulu and hates Thunder plains, it's law of nature!

Good luck :)

The writing in LR is worse than X-2 by ten fold.

X-2's tone and silly antics don't mean it has bad writing.Well except one of the endings is really bollocks.

LR's story is just awful.From the ending to zero character depth, LR doesn't leave much space for appreciation when it comes to story.

The two are incomparable imo.

The world in X-2 has actual depth to it and develops from where X left off quite organically.

LR is just bullshit.

Holykael1

Banned
Good luck :)

The writing in LR is worse than X-2 by ten fold.

X-2's tone and silly antics don't mean it has bad writing.Well except one of the endings is really bollocks.

LR's story is just awful.From the ending to zero character depth, LR doesn't leave much space for appreciation when it comes to story.

The two are incomparable imo.

The world in X-2 has actual depth to it and develops from where X left off quite organically.

LR is just bullshit.

Good job at stating why LR sucks. Here are your arguments.
- Story is awful
- Zero character depth
- IT'S bullshit

Where is the actual argumentation on why it's that way? Nowhere. Your post is as empty as you claim LR is.

As far as X-2 goes, my gripe is with is that it assassinates Yuna's character and shits all over the amazing and meaningful ending of FF X. So much worse than anything LR did in comparison. In fact I would argue against all your complaints but this is not a LR thread so whatever.

ramyeon

Good job at stating why LR sucks. Here are your arguments.
- Story is awful
- Zero character depth
- IT'S bullshit

Where is the actual argumentation on why it's that way? Nowhere. Your post is as empty as you claim LR is.
Can we not do this again in this thread?

Holmes

X-2 does take itself seriously after a certain point though, and Yuna goes through some important character development (and Paine too, not really Rikku though).
Which upsets me in the audio drama (leading up to X-3, no doubt) that she's back as a reserved and mousy hermit.
But yeah, the general atmosphere is very fun and light, which I think let them tell us how Spira has evolved the way they have, instead of the story being all "two years have passed, and Spira is back in serious conflict!"
They saved that for the audio drama.

Falk

that puzzling face
Welp, sorry for the derail then. I guess what I wanted to say is I really, -really- had to disengage my brain to even get past the introduction sequences of X-2. (I want to point at Brother but he's hilariously enough not the biggest offender)

That aside though I'm enjoying all the extras that weren't in the PS2 X-2 that I played. And the core gameplay systems themselves hold up really well a decade later.

ramyeon

Welp, sorry for the derail then. I guess what I wanted to say is I really, -really- had to disengage my brain to even get past the introduction sequences of X-2.

That aside though I'm enjoying all the extras that weren't in the PS2 X-2 that I played. And the core gameplay systems themselves hold up really well a decade later.
Yeah I personally never played X-2 on the PS2 but I tried out the starting bits a few days ago and it was pretty jarring coming off X. The battle system seems pretty interesting though so I'm willing to give it a shot, and I like that it embraces the cheesiness.

I wish I had known about the loner over drive mode before I spent days grinding and farming fortune spheres the hard way in the monster arena. Tip for anybody in the monster arena, use the loner overdrive mode on IronClad and Earth Eater.

QP3

I am probably behind most of gaf, but Just got the Jecht Shot. Can't wait to get back into Blitzball.

I am also realizing I never got to X-2 back in the day, and how it is a nice bonus that they both came with the purchase. I know next to nothing of X-2. How is it received on gaf? Does it play similar to X?

Holykael1

Banned
I am probably behind most of gaf, but Just got the Jecht Shot. Can't wait to get back into Blitzball.

I am also realizing I never got to X-2 back in the day, and how it is a nice bonus that they both came with the purchase. I know next to nothing of X-2. How is it received on gaf? Does it play similar to X?

Gameplay wise it has a well done job system. Absolutely excellent from what people say.
Story wise.. Well, I would invite you to see for yourself.

Top Bottom