• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Holmes

Just remembered that you can't get Minerva's Plate or Key to Success if I want 100% in one playthrough. :/ Although for Key to Success, I have to leave Garik be and
let him slaughter the Guado right?
That's shitty.

ubercheez

Did you screw up your compatibility stat in your previous playthroughs, or answer the first question differently perchance? Those two are huge factors.

Compatibility got a massive buff in the International version. In the old version, it started at 50 and had a Compat/30 effect on Yojimbo's attack (so a +1 effect when you first get him, and +8 at most if you get him to 255). In this version, it starts at 128 and has a Compat/4 effect (so a +32 when you first get him, and maxing out at +63).

And that's not even all -- his motivation via payment was doubled in Intl, and a full Overdrive is now +20 rather than +2.

Falk

that puzzling face
Compatibility got a massive buff in the International version. In the old version, it started at 50 and had a Compat/30 effect on Yojimbo's attack (so a +1 effect when you first get him, and +8 at most if you get him to 255). In this version, it starts at 128 and has a Compat/4 effect (so a +32 when you first get him, and maxing out at +63).

And that's not even all -- his motivation via payment was doubled in Intl, and a full Overdrive is now +20 rather than +2.

Yeah, the tables in the guide I linked at the top of this page are massively different. A huge block of zeroes on the originals even with Overdrive, compared to a healthy dose of 100s on International/HD (impractical, but they exist theoretically)

Ourobolus

Banned
I never ever saw it in the original release, but I used it a couple of times here reliably.

The thing is, the dark aeons have horrible locations that can prevent someone getting the weapons they need to even fight them. I didn't feel bad at all Zanmoto'ing dark bahamut and dark valefor.
I just discovered the Dark Magus Sisters yesterday. Luckily you can apparently run right past the summoners though to get the Masamune.

HeelPower

Those two, along with, again, the fact that she hits for much less than other bosses, ARE the gimmick in that you're expected to have Zombie on you. Mega Death is part of the gimmick.

This is in contrast to Seymour where the Zombie debuff is much more integrated into a 'normal' boss fight, in that it's something you don't want on you.

Oh I think I got what you mean.

any tips on that chocobo race at remien temple? I've beaten the other race, but this one seems even worse.

This video was extremely helpful.

SkylineRKR

I think I'm on 400 dodges now with the crater. At first it was hard, I did 50 and paused. Then I prepped meal and did another 40 or so. Then another 30 ish. But after meal my stomach is full, my head is empty and i'm dodging for 15 mins straight...

Its really easy once you get the 'hang' of it. I feel its even easier with a clear head.

EDIT: 455!

I went sort of over the top on that one.

Son Of D

I think I'll give up grinding for luck once my main team has reach at least 100. I really don't want to do this any more (I'll probably just clear the Luck Nodes on a separate save for the Sphere Grid trophy).

Jisgsaw

Pfiou, finally threw Home in FFX.

All the time I heard the background "music" (rather sounds) as "I'm annoying, ya?".
Annoying it was.

Wazzy

Banned
I just beat
Yunalesca
and got Tidus's Celestial weapon maxed so now I'm working on the others. I'll leave BB and Lightning dodging last. I'm currently working on getting Kimari's lance.

ZeroX03

Banned
Essentially yes. If you're end game, I'd recommend either Auto-Potion or Ribbon instead of Auto-Regen.

Yeah, Auto-Regen is only worth it if you're making Break HP Limit armor. Recovery isn't enough otherwise. Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix & Auto-X-Potion is the ideal build I believe. A few Ribbons for Dark Aeons as well.

HeelPower

Yeah, Auto-Regen is only worth it if you're making Break HP Limit armor. Recovery isn't enough otherwise. Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix & Auto-X-Potion is the ideal build I believe. A few Ribbons for Dark Aeons as well.

Break HP limit + Auto Regen could be very interesting!

Korezo

I think I'm on 400 dodges now with the crater. At first it was hard, I did 50 and paused. Then I prepped meal and did another 40 or so. Then another 30 ish. But after meal my stomach is full, my head is empty and i'm dodging for 15 mins straight...

Its really easy once you get the 'hang' of it. I feel its even easier with a clear head.

EDIT: 455!

I went sort of over the top on that one.

what crater? im trying to get dodging trophy now but cant get past 5 because its too random for me to get a flow.

SkylineRKR

what crater? im trying to get dodging trophy now but cant get past 5 because its too random for me to get a flow.

At the first part of the plains, to the far left behind a pillar. There was also a video posted. You basically run in the crater, dodge, run out towards visible tracks and run in again. After some time its second nature and I could probably go on to 1000 if I wasn't getting bored (I wasn't struck, just quit).

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzI_sbsTXI

For the first time in any of my multiple playthroughs, I had Rikku ride with Tidus on the jet ski thing. Was a nice cutscene (that I had never seen before). Usually, it's Lulu who rides with Tidus on my playthroughs.

squall211

Out of curiosity, does it list somewhere what everyone's stats are by going through the entire sphere grid but NOT activating any of the empty nodes?

HeelPower

Wow I tested the delay and there is a big one. I just press X as soon as i hit the hole on the ground and it still dodges like one second before the flash.

Its devilish to do without this method.

I imagine it could be nerve wracking.

Idk square soft went overboard with some of the late game stuff lol

Shahed

For the first time in any of my multiple playthroughs, I had Rikku ride with Tidus on the jet ski thing. Was a nice cutscene (that I had never seen before). Usually, it's Lulu who rides with Tidus on my playthroughs.
It's always Lulu for me. I think the reason being she acts as your guide to Spira, so after a cutscene I'm guessing most people usually talk to her first to get the gist of things and have everything explained. Thus she gets all the affection parameters

Tiamant

It's really bullshitty that you have to speak to a certain random npc in chapter 1 to be able to finish miihen's highroad quest in the final chapter. I mean, don't tell me "lol hope you did this and that 15 hours ago buddy".

HeelPower

I love how they added the airship to the background in Luca and Kilika (maybe other places?) when you explore the world later on.Nice detail.

Also you can see clasko on S.S.Liki and Dona in Djose Temple later in the game.

Wonder if you see them in different places if you choose different dialogue.I told him to become a chocobo breeder and her to
quit her pilgrimage

always wondered, is it possible to beat the final boss(es) without doing ANY endgame sidequests bits and with no grind?

i remember failing as a kid, hmmmm

squall211

I love how they added the airship to the background in Luca and Kilika (maybe other places?) when you explore the world later on.Nice detail.

Also you can see clasko on S.S.Liki and Dona in Djose Temple later in the game.

Wonder if you see them in different places if you choose different dialogue.I told him to become a chocobo breeder and her to
quit her pilgrimage

I'm pretty sure that if you choose that option for Donna she doesn't show up
at the entrance to the Zanarkand Ruins cloister, and you miss a short scene with her and Bartello.

HeelPower

at the entrance to the Zanarkand Ruins cloister, and you miss a short scene with her and Bartello.

Interesting
I saw her in Djose and she said she's going to Bartello's hometown

Korezo

so im at 179 bolts dodged and lightining just stoped falling.. I keep runnunig back and forth in lightning spot and nothing... scared to do anything now.

Wow this bs, at 179 lightning stopped falling.. Had to zone to chest and claim rewards and then when i zoned back out bam hit by lightining..

So I'm trying to get Anima and..

I have all the statues except one lit up in Baaj temple(the top left, purple one, which I'm pretty sure is Besaid) I already got the Zanarkand one. Isn't the Rod of Wisdom the Besaid treasure? because I know I got it, and I still have the Rod in my inventory, is there a different treasure I missed in Besaid? or if not then why isn't it lighting up?

I have all the statues except one lit up in Baaj temple(the top left, purple one, which I'm pretty sure is Besaid) I already got the Zanarkand one. Isn't the Rod of Wisdom the Besaid treasure? because I know I got it, and I still have the Rod in my inventory, is there a different treasure I missed in Besaid? or if not then why isn't it lighting up?

Well time to kick Dark Valefors ass Freaky Fred!

Levyne

Banned

A quick google tells me that the top left should be Besaid...

are you sure that isn't another Rod of Wisdom in your inventory?

(My google -fu might be inaccurate as well.)

Son Of D

That explains why I saw her
at Zanarkand then. I never spoke to her on the airship on this playthrough.

A quick google tells me that the top left should be Besaid...

are you sure that isn't another Rod of Wisdom in your inventory?

(My google -fu might be inaccurate as well.)

I actually have 2 of them and am 99.9% sure one is from Besaid. I remember getting it, but I guess I'll go smash Valefor and find out. maybe I reset and forgot to get the Rod the second time

Atlantis

Anything different from the instructions on the original ps2 version?
1. Get a Overdrive to AP weapon/armor.
2. Kill off party
3. Defend with AP chatacter
4. Kill enemy
5. Profit?

Use two characters with Comrade and one with Stoic. Have the Stoic character attack the boss and get counter attacked.

ubercheez

Yeah, I managed to do that this time as well. It's definitely a nice cutscene given the events that had just transpired.

I also got Rikku to talk to me in Guadosalam for the first time, which is tricky because she's new in the party at that point and you haven't had much chance to raise her affection. I smacked Lulu around with Tidus on the Moonflow to ensure it. :p

Top Bottom