• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

OK so I think I'm stuck here... I just saved Yuna from the Al-Bhed in Luca and am about to fill in for Wakka vs the Goers in Blitzball, and I'm supposed to go play but can't go anywhere from here except back into the locker room. I try to go towards the screen like in this screenshot but it's like I'm walking into a wall.

J2KarMp.png

OK so I think I'm stuck here... I just saved Yuna from the Al-Bhed in Luca and am about to fill in for Wakka vs the Goers in Blitzball, and I'm supposed to go play but can't go anywhere from here except back into the locker room. I try to go towards the screen like in this screenshot but it's like I'm walking into a wall.

Talking to Wakka in the locker room should start the Blitzball game.

I just beat the Goers on my third try. I decided I was going to make one more go at it and just move on with the game regardless of the outcome. Fortunately the opponent AI decided to pass rather than shoot while right at my goal and the clock ran out.

Shahed

J2KarMp.png

Go talk to Wakka

It's always Lulu for me. I think the reason being she acts as your guide to Spira, so after a cutscene I'm guessing most people usually talk to her first to get the gist of things and have everything explained. Thus she gets all the affection parameters

Yeah, that's true. Lulu is one of the first people you meet in the game, so there's more time to build up her affection stuff as well. It was nice finally getting to see Rikku's ride, though - I liked it.

Yeah, I managed to do that this time as well. It's definitely a nice cutscene given the events that had just transpired.

I also got Rikku to talk to me in Guadosalam for the first time, which is tricky because she's new in the party at that point and you haven't had much chance to raise her affection. I smacked Lulu around with Tidus on the Moonflow to ensure it. :p

Yeah, for sure. It gives really big hints as to the
fate of Yuna
as well.

Oh? Damn, I got Lulu to talk to Tidus in Guadosalam as usual. One of these days, I'm gonna get Rikku's cutscene there! xD Either that, or watch it on Youtube somewhere. :p

HeelPower

DAMN!

Auron's Masamune is just badass!

Such a good weapon and really fun to use.Love how lower HP deals more damage.

Its sigil is also one of the easiest to get.

Korezo

Ok I'm never getting Lulus sigil. Again @ 170 the lighting gets retarded and stops, then I have to move a bunch or zone for it to resume again to then get hit with a unexpected bolt...

I'm having an aweeeesome time playing FFX. I'm not going for all the secrets (or even close, really) and it's nice to just run through the story/upgrade the sphere grid. Hopefully I'm not underleveled, as I remember the fight in
Gagazet
being kind of a PITA when I played FFX a long time ago.

SkylineRKR

I'm having an aweeeesome time playing FFX. I'm not going for all the secrets (or even close, really) and it's nice to just run through the story/upgrade the sphere grid. Hopefully I'm not underleveled, as I remember the fight in
Gagazet

You'll be fine as long as you don't flee much, and don't forget to let every party member do something even though they're not needed in the battle. They gain AP this way.

Honestly, i'm surprised at how fucking beautiful this game still is. The views around Zanarkand, Macalania... its excellent art direction. And the NPC's walking around, creating a more lively world. Fuck FFXIII's Cocoon in the ear.

Holmes

I never did bother with Blue Bullet whenever I played X-2 on the PS2, but I think I will this time around. Can't pass up Mighty Guard and White Wind, and every other useful blue magic spell that hits all enemies.

Gagazet

Unless you spend literally hours and hours grinding that fight will always be a PITA. IMO it's the toughest fight in the game.

Manu

I hate tower number 7.

This is harder than the Chocobo Cather race.

35 minutes later, I'm still stuck in this shit minigame. Whenever I get to 25 hits it gets waaay too fast and twitchy to keep up.

Fuck these calibrations so hard.

HeelPower

Honestly, i'm surprised at how fucking beautiful this game still is. The views around Zanarkand, Macalania... its excellent art direction. And the NPC's walking around, creating a more lively world. .

The way the world finally comes together after you get the airship makes for one of the most beautiful worlds ever in a game imo.

You'll be fine as long as you don't flee much, and don't forget to let every party member do something even though they're not needed in the battle. They gain AP this way.

Honestly, i'm surprised at how fucking beautiful this game still is. The views around Zanarkand, Macalania... its excellent art direction. And the NPC's walking around, creating a more lively world. Fuck FFXIII's Cocoon in the ear.
This game puts XIII to shame in every aspect except polygon count and English voice acting.

And that's pretty sad.

Yeah, I try to swap all members in/out for battles for the most part (unless they are really low-AP battles). I'm also really impressed with the graphics too. Love it.

ubercheez

Last night when I was playing, I hit the part in Gagazet where
Tidus gets pulled into the fayth dream and learns that he's a dream
, and I was just standing there in that tiny
Zanarkand cityscape
in awe of how amazing it looked. Like, you're only there for about 10 seconds, but everything looked gorgeous. They really went all out with the environment reworking.

Tiamant

* sleep in the Cabin; when you wake up, walk toward the railing
to trigger a scene with Brother and Barkeep (this won't happen if
you did not sleep in the Cabin in each of the previous chapters)

Another little % missed, how swell.

Definitely agreed. Spira is one of my favorite FF worlds. I wish it were a bit more... explorable, though. I love how there are npcs in a lot of areas as you progress and come to small settlements - some providing small back story details, giving you an item, etc. It really makes the world of Spira feel truly alive unlike say... FFXIII.

Prototype

Just got the Berserker dresssphere, but I'm having too much fun spamming Darkness with Dark Knight and just having a Whm/Alc heal me every round.

Wazzy

Banned
I just got the spirit lance and now I'm doing the butterfly game. It's not great but it's a lot easier than chocobullshit racing.

I fear for my health once I decide to start lightning dodging.

I just got the spirit lance and now I'm doing the butterfly game. It's not great but it's a lot easier than chocobullshit racing.

Indeed, the Choco Catcher is without the doubt the worst of the mini-games. Honestly Lightning isn't bad since you can mess with the RNG using a spot that hits. My advice is go for sets of 20 to 50 and then rest. You are bound to do 5-10. I still got Keeper and Y to defeat before I can do those quests though!

Manu

35 minutes later, I'm still stuck in this shit minigame. Whenever I get to 25 hits it gets waaay too fast and twitchy to keep up.

Fuck these calibrations so hard.

Almost one hour later... I'm still here.

Whoever desgined this needs to be trialed and jailed.

Cheddahz

Banned
you are saying this before entering Thunder Plains? You might regret those words very soon, depends on how many battles you run from!

I just might regret them (who knows), but it's been about eight years since I last played through FFX and I'm just finding it to be a whole lot easier this time around

Tiamant

Come on man, you do IV training, this is childs play.

Manu

After over two hours trying to calibrate tower 7 I just gave up.

That shit just put me off of the rest of the game.

Shahed

I can't believe it. I have caught 10 of each monster! In my several playthrough's on the PS2, I never managed this. I grinded for hours trying to catch the likes of Tonberry's and a few others, having save files of 130+ hours to no avail. This time I managed to do it before the 60 hour mark!

Guess the platinum is in sight. I feel like I've done everything in the game now since I killed Penance legit back in the day, but never fought or even seen Nemesis. I'm probably gonna kill the Dark Aeons normally at first and then Zanmoto my way through the harder ones

are there any jrpg plats that are pleasant?

Not sure about pleasant, but XIII-3 was very straight forward. No grinding, just finish all side stuff and complete the game. Then an hour extra cleanup.

God damn it....Bad breath is so overpowered...

I keep losing so much progress to that attack...its getting infuriating.

First Strike is crucial. You can customise it onto a weapon via a Return Sphere. using Provoke on a Marlboro will prevent Bad Breath as well when you decide to capture them (may as well do it now)

Not sure about pleasant, but XIII-3 was very straight forward. No grinding, just finish all side stuff and complete the game. Then an hour extra cleanup.

Yeah, LR was actually quite easy to platinum with no grinding involved at all. I actually enjoyed the "end game" there (even if it wasn't a ton). Although thinking about it, you did kinda need to "grind" sidequests, but that's far more interesting than anything FFX requires (like grinding for spheres/capturing 10 enemies each, etc).

kadotsu

Banned
Just dodged 201 lightning bolts without counting #YOLO. Butterflies took 10 minutes, did they make it easier or is Tidus moving faster than Int PAL?

HeelPower

First Strike is crucial. You can customise it onto a weapon via a Return Sphere. using Provoke on a Marlboro will prevent Bad Breath as well when you decide to capture them (may as well do it now)

I do have First Strike with Auron's Masamune.

It immediately does the attack the first turn and wipes me out when I actually try to catch it.Unless I use an Aeon to kick its ass.

Its a pain.

EDIT: Thanks for the provoke tip.

Just finished going through the desert. You know, I wonder why the game didn't have more open parts like the desert and the Calm Lands? The engine is obviously capable of it. While I won't say the exploration in the desert is super amazing, it was at least a lot bigger and you had more than one way to go (with chests and such). Would have been awesome if they had turned some of the various forests into wider areas - I always love exploring forests. :p

Shahed

Yeah, LR was actually quite easy to platinum with no grinding involved at all. I actually enjoyed the "end game" there (even if it wasn't a ton). Although thinking about it, you did kinda need to "grind" sidequests, but that's far more interesting than anything FFX requires (like grinding for spheres/capturing 10 enemies each, etc).

That wasn't really a grind though. You're doing something different each time so it's fine. It's when you're doing the same thing again and again until you get the results you want that it become grinding. In that aspect the most annoying thing in XIII-3 was time management and sometimes needing to burn an hour here or there. Far preferable to catching monsters and stat maxing. While I love the game, FFX has some of the most tedious end game content in JRPG's

I make so many typos on mobile compared to my laptop :(

blackflag

Just dodged 201 lightning bolts without counting #YOLO. Butterflies took 10 minutes, did they make it easier or is Tidus moving faster than Int PAL?

You are a ninja. I tried this for like 5 minutes. Missed almost every dodge, and moved on with my life. Feels bad.

Tiamant

I didn't remember how Wakka's story ended in X-2, that was... nice, I had a smile on my face :)

(too bad in the audio drama he turns again into a meathead)

That wasn't really a grind though. You're doing something different each time so it's fine. It's when you're doing the same thing again and again until you get the results you want that it become grinding. In the aspect th most annoying thing in XIII-3 was time management and sometimes needing to burn an hour here or there. Far preferable to catching monsters and stat maxing. While I oove the game, FFX has some of the most tedious end game content in JRPG's

Definitely agree about the tedious end game of FFX (which I have talked about a few times in this thread). As much as I love the game (it's one of my favs in the series tbh - there's a lot to love about it), the end game is certainly not one of them. I keep telling myself I'll try to do everything this time, but I already dread most of the work required for it. Chances are, I probably won't end up doing a lot of it. :/

And yeah, I don't consider sidequests in LR really "grinding" either, but I've seen people say that about the game. The sidequests in LR were all unique and sometimes interesting, other times completely stupid (more so regarding the story of the sidequests). But you never knew what you were in for, lol. xD The time management ended up not being nearly as bad as I thought it would prior to playing either.

Top Bottom