• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

burgerdog

How come the girls stop attacking whenever enemies are casting magic(X2.) It's been more than 10 years since I've played X so I don't exactly remember if it's the same in that game. It really slows down the battles, not a big fan of it.

Levyne

Banned
Oh. That explains why my 720p display seems a whole lot more responsive.

I had to switch to that one for X-2 tower calibration.

Atlantis

How come the girls stop attacking whenever enemies are casting magic(X2.) It's been more than 10 years since I've played X so I don't exactly remember if it's the same in that game. It really slows down the battles, not a big fan of it.

There's a queue. I guess the PS2 just couldn't handle all that stuff going on at once, FFXII is the same way,

You can take advantage of it though since regular physical attacks go off no problem while everything that tries to cast is bogged down.

Tiamant

Now that I WANT to catch a chocobo, they don't appear.

I was catching the Kilika monkeys when 1 chocobo appeared, I hit him accidentally and he casts Chocometeo, my party is wiped, 2 hours lost.

I don't want to see another chocobo at least until FFXV.

Levyne

Banned
Speaking of, I got too comfortable mashing x through some battles and just killed the first one that showed up. Way to go, me.

I was catching the Kilika monkeys when 1 chocobo appeared, I hit him accidentally and he casts Chocometeo, my party is wiped, 2 hours lost.

I don't want to see another chocobo at least until FFXV.

*immediately heads to save point*

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Really loving the Creature mode they added to FFX-2 Int.

Some even add to the story, others are just fun.

No Encounter Armor customized! Now to fight the bosses for this area...

To make it, steal 30 salts from the Zombie soldiers in Zan.

Levyne

Banned
Aww yiss the Hot Spring Scene :D

:|

I forgot about the Hypello chilling in the back. I don't use this often, but "lmao"

braves01

Banned
Where do I find, or how do I make, the no encounter gear?

edit: whoops posted above me. Steal stuff from zombies in Zanarkand if I understand what Zan means correctly.

Nexas

Did no one at Square playtest this Chocobo race back in the day? It's such a broken piece of shit that I have to question how they let it ship. I get the basic strategy of it, but there are so many elements that are outside of the players control.

ramyeon

Just finished going through the desert. You know, I wonder why the game didn't have more open parts like the desert and the Calm Lands? The engine is obviously capable of it. While I won't say the exploration in the desert is super amazing, it was at least a lot bigger and you had more than one way to go (with chests and such). Would have been awesome if they had turned some of the various forests into wider areas - I always love exploring forests. :p
The wide open areas are terrible though. Calm Lands and Bikanel are both just boring slugs, especially since you have to run backwards and forwards across them so many times (At least Calm Lands you can ride the Chocobo I guess). Getting Rikku's Sigil was so damn boring and time consuming.
Did no one at Square playtest this Chocobo race back in the day? It's such a broken piece of shit that I have to question how they let it ship. I get the basic strategy of it, but there are so many elements that are outside of the players control.
I think that's the point. I mean if you were totally in control it would be really, really easy.

edit: whoops posted above me. Steal stuff from zombies in Zanarkand if I understand what Zan means correctly.
Yeah, or you hope from a drop in Baja. I am doing the temple and I cannot believe it is literally Tetris!

ramyeon

That is probably one of the slower ways to get it, yes. Otherwise wait till you get the airship and kill Geosgaeno (Has a 50% chance of dropping a weapon with it) or capture 4 of each of the Dragon species fiends (Vouivre on Mi'hen, Lamashtu on Mushroom Rock, Kusariqqu in Thunder Plains, Mushussu in Sanubia and Nidhogg on Gagazet) to get 99 of the salts.

Is it just me or do the enemies get a lot harder to defeat on Mt. Gagazet? I died 3 times so far.
Yes, the game difficulty spikes after Bevelle for some reason. I find you have to abuse Bio when under leveled.

That is probably one of the slower ways to get it, yes

Not with Master Thief customized after getting 4 chests during the Remiem race. You get it every steal. So you are bound to get 2 each encounter. Haste and you can easily get 5 in 5 minutes. Took me only 30 minutes!

This chocobo racing is pissing me off....I don't know if I should blame it on the vita stick? I've replayed this game numerous times, and even though I've always heard people complain about the race, I've never taken longer than a few retries to get it. I'm nearly 30 minutes in now and can't get under 15 seconds. My chocobo likes to pull directions I'm not telling him to go....

ramyeon

This chocobo racing is pissing me off....I don't know if I should blame it on the vita stick? I've replayed this game numerous times, and even though I've always heard people complain about the race, I've never taken longer than a few retries to get it. I'm nearly 30 minutes in now and can't get under 15 seconds. My chocobo likes to pull directions I'm not telling him to go....
That's just how the game is, it isn't the Vita sticks.

The controls suck there no matter which version you are playing. I find that using the dpad is easier.

The wide open areas are terrible though. Calm Lands and Bikanel are both just boring slugs, especially since you have to run backwards and forwards across them so many times (At least Calm Lands you can ride the Chocobo I guess). Getting Rikku's Sigil was so damn boring and time consuming.

I disagree - at least in that they are terrible/boring. I think part of the issue is just sometimes the random encounters can happen way too often, and you do not have free camera movement. That was my main complaint during the desert. It was still more fun exploring that area than walking down a straight road like Mi'ihen Highroad. Like I said in my other post, the desert isn't amazing or anything (there's not much to see, but maybe if they had put more detail into the environments and more to find, it would have been great), but it's better than the alternative (imo).

I don't really like how they handled chocobos in the game - I don't see why they are limited to just those two areas. It really doesn't make any sense. What is so special about the highroad that lets chocobos work there but not in other areas? I think every area (minus towns/temples of course) should allow chocobo travel, but maybe only after you beat the area since if you could ride a chocobo, you could run through areas super fast. It would at least make back-travelling somewhat bearable.

------

I just got past the
Al Bhed Home
stuff. Man, even after all these years, I absolutely love the cutscene there when
Tidus learns the truth.
. dat fucking music. So good.

9abd9eb9-e23f-49c5-84f9-fbefe571e77f_zps90be9543.jpg
I can't stress enough the importance of using that d-pad on the Vita---maybe PS3 version also? It allows for much easier, fine tuned adjustments during the race.

Just beat Spectral Keeper. Man what an annoying boss he was. I used Rikku to dish out damage and Bahamut used his overdrive twice. Not looking forward to Yunalesca having such low stats.
Edit: I figured it out! Deathproof and Zombieproof armor! Takes away the two worst attacks and she will try to heal me. Win!

B.K.

Just got the last of my Luck Spheres. Now, I just need hundreds of Fortune Spheres. I need to find a good way to make money, too. I don't have enough money to buy all the Clear Spheres I need.

Holmes

Just got the last of my Luck Spheres. Now, I just need hundreds of Fortune Spheres. I need to find a good way to make money, too. I don't have enough money to buy all the Clear Spheres I need.
Sell all the equipment that's been dropping while farming.

Levyne

Banned
I'm glad things finally get "real" in Bevelle in chapter 2. Game feels a bit like a series of carnival attractions before that point.

Chesskid1

Banned
put in a few more hours and now i'm at rikku's home after the oasis

story is getting interesting now i suppose

i've put in quite a bit of time grinding since fights give so much AP here, but i'm prolly wasting my time because i usually never do the sidestuff because they are usually uninteresting, i just do the main quest stuff and that's enough for me

Windforce

Chocobo racing is pissing me off. If it wasn't for the trophy I'd rather not power up Tidus' weapon at all. Holy crap I'll need a ton of luck for this.

Hellix

What's the most efficient way to do that?

I been doing the AP Trick with Don Tonberry from the monster arena. Also from the monster arena, I am throwing distillers at Kottos to get 40 of a specific sphere. I'm just going to fill all the empty nodes with Magic Def spheres since I got 99 of them from fighting One Eye so much.

DPtheGod

Anyone have any good video guides on this bullshit chocobo race? I remember getting 0:0.0 like nothing when I was younger, but now I can't do it to save my life :(

Anyone have any good video guides on this bullshit chocobo race? I remember getting 0:0.0 like nothing when I was younger, but now I can't do it to save my life :(
1) Use d-pad

2) When the race starts, don't move. Let your chocobo run straight. In most cases, you'll bump/cut in front of opponent. At this point, feel free to start adjusting. Getting ahead is key, and grabbing all those early balloons.

3) As much as your brain is going to tell you to go for beautiful red balloons, they are second priority. Once the birds start coming, dodge dodge dodge. Of course, you still have to get a lot of balloons, but I always get whacked by birds ten times more when I'm obsessed with getting a balloon.

That's all I have.

Top Bottom