• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Manu

Just passed the
hot water springs scene
. Whenever I see something like that I automatically think "Toriyama's idea. Yup."

Do Overdrive kills capture monsters? I feel like the answer is no.
I spent forever trying to figure out what the last monster was I hadn't captured in the Calm Lands, because I wasn't using a guide and I hadn't checked the arena place. Turns out it was one I killed with an overdrive and didn't realize I hadn't captured. Like a dope.

Korezo

This damn game just fucking bugged me. Loaded my synced save on vita and lulu completed celestial weapon and thunder progress wasn't in the game. So I go to my ps3 load game everything is perfect with Lulus celestial fully upgraded and thunder dodge history recorded. I then go to save game to sync back to cloud, go back to vita load cloud synced save and again no lulu fully upgraded weapon and no thunder dodge history recorded. Both my ps3 and vita save show the exact same hours of playtime and date. So I delete vitas save file and desync game and go back to the ps3 and now the ps3 save is fucked up with same bs that was on the vita. My hours saved but my thunder and Lulus celestial weapon progress isn't.. Wtf? I was @101 hours when I didn't do the thunder dodging and saved at 102 hours when I was fully done with weapon fully upgraded. The stupid fucking game is showing 102 hours progress which was after completing Lulus shit but have none of that progress done...
I got the trophy but shit got me so mad I feel like listing the whole game on eBay, I hate wasting my time. Kills the whole game mood for me.

koopas

Playing this game for the first time and I just want to say fuck blitzball and everything to do with it. I just get owned every match.

I just beat spheromorph and headed back towards Besaid. Sadly the albehd left junk on the road near mushroom rock and I couldn't get through. So when exactly can I head back to Besaid before dark aeons? Should I have done Macalania temple events first?

Ostinatto

i'm five hours into the game, the game looks great, great memories, just one thing bothers me.

PIC

looks worse in some angles. never thought this would bother me, but it does :(, can't forget the original face.

ZeroX03

Banned
I just beat spheromorph and headed back towards Besaid. Sadly the albehd left junk on the road near mushroom rock and I couldn't get through. So when exactly can I head back to Besaid before dark aeons? Should I have done Macalania temple events first?

You just walk up the boxes, you aren't blocked.

I wanted to go get the destruction sphere from Besaid and Dark Valefor wrecked me. I reset and Zanmato'd his ass on my first try.

Then the villagers called me a bad man :(

I feel like a cheater

VRMN

g4hgrEI.jpg

...I think it's time to call it a night.

Falk

that puzzling face
Armor is all custom. Celestial Weapons on the other hand have the benefit over customizing the same 4 attributes in that they ignore certain amounts of defense and power up depending on HP or MP.

Zephyx

Armor is all custom. Celestial Weapons on the other hand have the benefit over customizing the same 4 attributes in that they ignore certain amounts of defense and power up depending on HP or MP.

Thanks. I will start building my ultimate armor now. :)

ZeroX03

Banned
20% completion of X-2 and man they put a lot less effort graphically into this. X was near flawless with visual issues - Tidus and Yuna's faces not withstanding - but there's been lots of weird pop-in, poorly done collision, wind, etc in X-2. Yuna's skirt looks ridiculous in the Bikanel Desert. In turn it doesn't seem to have X's audio issues though.

ZeroX03

Banned
Define pleasant?
Time and Eternity is an easy plat but a horrible game :p

Tales of Xillia's is pretty easy and a good game, but you have to play through twice

I could so easily go back and plat Xillia but I didn't like the story enough to feel motivated to immediately replay it. Graces f on the other hand is slightly more challenging I think, but the second playthrough was fun for me.

XIII-2 I recall being easy and required little grinding compared to XIII.

OmegaDL50

Thanks. I will start building my ultimate armor now. :)

I highly recommend Auto-Haste (you need Chocobo Wings which can be bribed from Machea's in the Omega Ruins for 360,000 Gil for 60. (You'll need 80 to craft Auto-Haste into Armor)

Auto-Protect is another highly useful ability as it cuts all physical damage in half. i.e if an attack were to hit you for 5000, you'd only get hurt for 2500 instead. Also far more monsters in this game use physical related attacks over magical ones.
Beating Fafnir in the Monster Arena will drop 40 Light Curtains, you need 70 to customize Auto-Protect on armor.

Ribbon is good but it's very hard to get. It provides almost complete status immunity., Auto-Phoenix is decent as it automatically revives a character upon death minding you always have at least one phoenix down in your inventory (and the auto-revive does not waste a character turn too)

Falk

that puzzling face
Define pleasant?
Time and Eternity is an easy plat but a horrible game :p

Tales of Xillia's is pretty easy and a good game, but you have to play through twice

Xillia is sitting at 70% for me, while KHFM1.5 is at 60%.

Meanwhile FFXIII, XIII-2, LR, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4 and X HD are at 100%.

I guess there seems to be some sort of correlation between a game having an upcoming sequel and me putting off the grind till the sequel gets closer. :V

(Ni No Kuni being the exception, sitting at 64% and I don't have any plans ever to revisit it to finish off the grind)

Levyne

Banned
Sphere break is pretty cool, but I'm not sure I understand it "in world". Does each player give the other their core and then sit down with it and their "deck" of coins and see who can reach the quota first?

Zephyx

I highly recommend Auto-Haste (you need Chocobo Wings which can be bribed from Machea's in the Omega Ruins for 360,000 Gil for 60. (You'll need 80 to craft Auto-Haste into Armor)

Auto-Protect is another highly useful ability as it cuts all physical damage in half. i.e if an attack were to hit you for 5000, you'd only get hurt for 2500 instead. Also far more monsters in this game use physical related attacks over magical ones.
Beating Fafnir in the Monster Arena will drop 40 Light Curtains, you need 70 to customize Auto-Protect on armor.

Ribbon is good but it's very hard to get. It provides almost complete status immunity., Auto-Phoenix is decent as it automatically revives a character upon death minding you always have at least one phoenix down in your inventory (and the auto-revive does not waste a character turn too)

Thanks for the info! I'm planning to get those abilities but I'm not really sure where to start. :D

Past

So how long does it take approximately to complete a Sphere Grid for a character? I assume there's an AP exploit?

Levyne

Banned
That's a tough one to answer. It depends on if you already obtained your AP gathering weapons, whether you've place down spheres in all the blanks yet, etc. Even with being able to get 99 slvl in a few minutes, moving along the grid will require several trips to Kottos for spheres and to Don T for s levels. It takes awhile. It's lot of clicking, watching the nodes fill in, and shuffling the character along.

OmegaDL50

That's a tough one to answer. It depends on if you already obtained your AP gathering weapons, whether you've place down spheres in all the blanks yet, etc. Even with being able to get 99 slvl in a few minutes, moving along the grid will require several trips to Kottos for spheres and to Don T for s levels. It takes awhile. It's lot of clicking, watching the nodes fill in, and shuffling the character along.

It would have been great that on paths you already filled on the grid wouldn't require movement node by node but rather to instantly teleport to the node you select, this would have dramatically sped things up.

In fact I don't even think the Teleport sphere item was barely used for anything but this purpose. Better for it be removed and the function be integrated for already cleared paths while consuming the appropriate amount of sphere levels for such movement to be done in the first place.

This sort of streamlining, I'd think would be acceptable, especially considering the time sink required to traverse already lit paths to backtrack when trying to max the grid for Sphere / Perfect Sphere Master trophies.

Levyne

Banned
I think the grid (especially expert) works wonders during the main game, but it would have been nice if some conveniences were unlocked in endgame. Two things I can think of would be the ability to set a destination and for the game to fill in every node on the way until it runs into one it can't if you run out of spheres. Of course, you could be at the mercy of some pathfinding here. Another would be to activate any node on a path you've already traveled from anywhere without having to backtrack to that same spot. In addition to the free teleport idea mentioned, I think it could be a much better system and it doesn't really compromise anything. Of course, square had the chance to tweak some of the systems but decided to fix people's faces instead :p

OmegaDL50

Fight Kottos in the arena. Chuck any distiller at him and you will get 40 of whatever distiller you used. You might be unlucky and get 2 because of his low chance Dark Matter drop.

Getting spheres to fill the empty nodes on the grid such as Strength, Magic, Defense, Mag. Def, etc will need to be grinded though.

Fortunately all of them can be obtained in the monster arena, however they drop two a piece for an overkill.

Yes, Kottos does speed things up activating the new nodes though. Of course there is always just flooding the board with Mag Def spheres if one doesn't want to fight any of the superbosses and just wants quicker method of getting the sphere grid related trophies.

Top Bottom