• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man I hate SE for not including an option to skip cutscenes, getting killed in the Yunalesca fight just to rematch the whole shitty cutscenes again. Why SE? Is there nobody working there who thinks about essential stuff like this? It's not all about the graphics :-/

Luigi87

Just got the Jupiter Sigil, which I originally wasn't intending to do, but realized how useful Wakka actually is...
No more Blitzball for me @_@

Man I hate SE for not including an option to skip cutscenes, getting killed in the Yunalesca fight just to rematch the whole shitty cutscenes again. Why SE? Is there nobody working there who thinks about essential stuff like this? It's not all about the graphics :-/

Cutscene skip and dark aeon availability in the monster arena were the two things I was wishing for the most, but in the back of my mind I knew they weren't going to be included, well because SE.

Holykael1

Banned

Do you actually think the cutscene is shitty? :(
I thought that was one of the best moments in the entire game personally. It sucks that you can't skip it after seeing it once though.

Shahed

Penance down! Killed Dark Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion and Shiva legit. Zanmoto'd the rest. Yojimbo was an effort though since I never bothered with Luck

Son Of D

Do you actually think the cutscene is shitty? :(
I thought that was one of the best moments in the entire game personally. It sucks that you can't skip it after seeing it once though.

After watching it multiple times due to dying in that battle can get annoying fast.

OmegaDL50

Omg, I get dizzy now when I play FFX. Trying to complete those grids are bad for your health. Did you kill bosses first or did the grid first?

I did the bosses when I felt I was ready for them. The Perfect Sphere Grid for all characters was the last thing I did.

Dark Bahamut, Anima, and Penance were the only bosses I used Zanmato on, Everyone else I beat the regular way.

Still my clock said 132 Hours all said and done. I could have did everything quicker if I wasn't trying to take my time as I was enjoying the game like I was playing it for the first time again.

Also this was the first time I ever used the Expert Sphere grid so planning the right route also made me lose time as characters tend to grow quicker due more nodes and set progression with the standard grid. (There is a lot more empty nodes on the Expert Grid despite it having 70 or so less overall to work with.)

All in all. I am done with the game, and I won't replay it for quite some time.

As much as I love the sphere grid as a progression system, I don't like how your characters can get stuck at the end of their path. I have 3 characters right now who are stuck behind level 3 keys at the end of their respective paths and it's annoying. :( I have one friend sphere, but I'm not sure who needs to use it more. To be fair, in a normal playthrough, you won't run into this issue until about the time you already have some level 3 keys, but I tend to grind off and on during FFX.

Shahed

Yeah maxing the sphere grid is something I left till last. Just got Tidus, Wakka and Rikku strong enough and killed the bosses first. This way I don't need fortune spheres anymore and can just clear them and replace it with a random Sphere.

As much as I love the sphere grid as a progression system, I don't like how your characters can get stuck at the end of their path. I have 3 characters right now who are stuck behind level 3 keys at the end of their respective paths and it's annoying. :( I have one friend sphere, but I'm not sure who needs to use it more. To be fair, in a normal playthrough, you won't run into this issue until about the time you already have some level 3 keys, but I tend to grind off and on during FFX.

That's why you should have played on Expert!

Behemoth King just meteor me. He didn't do it the first time I killed him, what triggers him to use it?
Did you catch him the first time?

Atlantis

I had her cut in to Yuna's a few times, but since Yuna was cutting into hers as well it ended up being a bit of a push. Kimahri likely ended up ahead because he and Wakka hit the end of the path they were on way faster due to the absence of detours.

Well, Lulu's grid doesn't give many Magic boosts outside the last section with Doublecast, so Yuna doesn't really gain much in the way of stats from using it. The benefit for her is the spells.

Speaking of that last section with Doublecast, it actually might be best to have Yuna grab Curaga, then cut into Lulu's grid near the -aga levels spells and just have her ignore the end of her own grid completely. I never thought of this. :eek:

Shahed

If you're using Expert Grid, then the end of Yuna and Lulu's path lead into each other anyway. It's easy to take both characters through their own area, and back down the other's to place them back at the beginning ready to go through another characters route

Balphon

Speaking of that last section with Doublecast, it actually might be best to have Yuna grab Curaga, then cut into Lulu's grid near the -aga levels spells and just have her ignore the end of her own grid completely. I never thought of this. :eek:

I actually did the opposite and had Lulu cut into Yuna's grid at Curaga. It was about the same distance to Doublecast and had more magic nodes.

Ended up being somewhat of a moot point though since I just went and powered up Onion Knight first thing when I got the airship.

Holmes

Finished!

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2358-FINAL-FANTASY-X-HD/OmegaDL50

I'm debating if I should take a break from Final Fantasy X related stuff for about a week before jumping into FFX-2.
Congrats on your first platinum.
UCvydaz.jpg

So I was able to finally do it. My advice is to do sets of 10. I did not realize how many I dodged after the fact. I only died because a bolt did not spawn when it was suppose to.
gA2wrwj.jpg

YTnNWs3.jpg

Now to ice my arm and play the game normally! That undead fiend is going down!
Edit: That was only a bronze trophy? Screw you Square! XD
Good job!

Shahed

I hate the Sphere Grid now. They shouldn't have bothered making you have Power, Mana, Speed and Ability Sphere's on top of needing to level up. Ability is okay actually, but constantly needing to get the rest doesn't really add anything and just becomes annoying

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just got the Jupiter Sigil, which I originally wasn't intending to do, but realized how useful Wakka actually is...
No more Blitzball for me @_@

Blitzball is really easy to cheese though. You literally just need one really fast swimmer, like Brother, and just swim around "picking up" defenders until they're following you around and then take them to one side of the pool, and swim back faster than them back to their goal and drop a boosted shot into the net. I win games like 7-0 all the time, and I don't even do that anymore. You can win against practically anyone who isn't Nimrook by just shooting past a single blocker on a shot, and if its Nimrook, just abuse the fuck out of Jecht Shot.

The problem, of course, is that I think you were supposed to be doing it the whole game, but the games take far too long. There shouldn't be a halftime. That's why Triple Triad actually worked. It was fast enough to actually be addictive.

If you're using Expert Grid, then the end of Yuna and Lulu's path lead into each other anyway. It's easy to take both characters through their own area, and back down the other's to place them back at the beginning ready to go through another characters route

I am on the Expert sphere grid, lol. Auron, Wakka, and Rikku are still stuck at the end of their grids waiting on a level 3 unlock for them to continue on into someone elses grid. :/ I could potentially move Wakka and Auron into anothers grid close by (it would require some backtracking though), but Rikku is just stuck. She has no links to any other grid until near the very beginning of hers for some reason.

ubercheez

Which one is closer to where I'm at? I can get out of the Macalania Woods now.

Ghosts will be your only opportunity prior to getting the airship, but they have a pretty paltry drop rate. I killed a few without getting the drop and just decided to move on. There are some much more reliable options once you have the airship, which will be a few hours after that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The boss on revisit to Baaj can drop a weapon, Ghosts in the Cavern of the Stolen Faith can drop armor.

I'm like pretty sure they don't drop No Encounters armor. I thought it was just the Demonolith enemies in the Omega Ruins that did that.

Shahed

I am on the Expert sphere grid, lol. Auron, Wakka, and Rikku are still stuck at the end of their grids waiting on a level 3 unlock for them to continue on into someone elses grid. :/ I could potentially move Wakka and Auron into anothers grid close by (it would require some backtracking though), but Rikku is just stuck. She has no links to any other grid until near the very beginning of hers for some reason.
Where are you in the game?

ubercheez

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I made sure to use one to let Tidus cross over into Auron's, so I can keep buffing him up enough to farm them from the Arena eventually. But there really is an imbalance between how many L3 locks there are and how many keys you get on a normal playthrough.

I'm like pretty sure they don't drop No Encounters armor. I thought it was just the Demonolith enemies in the Omega Ruins that did that.

This poster was apparently successful in getting an armor drop. Only a 6% drop rate though.

Gah, thanks guys. Guess I'll just backtrack to Besaid now without NE armor. What should I do while backtracking to Besaid aside from picking up the Jecht Spheres? Anyone I should hire on my Blitzball team?

Where are you in the game?

Just got through with the kiss scene. On my way to the Calm Lands now. I'm not too far away from the fight that will let me steal a bunch of level 3 keys thankfully. Although I usually spend a good bit of time in the Calm Lands doing random stuff first.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I made sure to use one to let Tidus cross over into Auron's, so I can keep buffing him up enough to farm them from the Arena eventually. But there really is an imbalance between how many L3 locks there are and how many keys you get on a normal playthrough.

Yeah, agreed. I'm just hoping I can steal a lot from the upcoming boss fight.

Tiamant

So that publicity side-quest in FFX-2 you only need 400 points correct no matter the chapter correct?

Right. You must have 400 points before entering the Calm Lands on chapter 5, if you follow a guide you should get there around chapter 2-3.

kadotsu

Banned
Gah, thanks guys. Guess I'll just backtrack to Besaid now without NE armor. What should I do while backtracking to Besaid aside from picking up the Jecht Spheres? Anyone I should hire on my Blitzball team?

You should say hello to the summoner at the Besaid town entrance.

Shahed

Just got through with the kiss scene. On my way to the Calm Lands now. I'm not too far away from the fight that will let me steal a bunch of level 3 keys thankfully. Although I usually spend a good bit of time in the Calm Lands doing random stuff first.

I had a similar problem and used the same Boss to get my Level 3 Key's. Make sure you overkill both enemies as well so you get 4 Return Sphere's. The boss at the end of the mountain cave also drops Returns Sphere's. I remember having several Spheres Levels ready to go!

Levyne

Banned
The mission in Mi'ihen in chapter 3. Some guides mention taking out a specific group of Machina but other guides ignore it. I feel like I am going to screw something up :/

Balphon

Vilucha in Besaid is a fairly good forward.
And Ropp at the travel agency on the Mi'hen Highroad is probably the best defender in the game if you don't already have him.

Angry Grimace

This poster was apparently successful in getting an armor drop. Only a 6% drop rate though.

I don't think getting No Encounters before Gagazet is very useful though. No Encounters is very easy to do once you have the Airship. Just capture the Dragon set to get 99 Purifying Salts.

The only thing its vaguely useful for is going back to Besaid post Spherimorph, but honestly, its probably faster to just walk back and spam Flee the entire time.

I had a similar problem and used the same Boss to get my Level 3 Key's. Make sure you overkill both enemies as well so you get 4 Return Sphere's. The boss at the end of the mountain cave also drops Returns Sphere's. I remember having several Spheres Levels ready to go!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)

---

So... I dunno if this makes me a sap, but I still really love the "kiss" scene in FFX, lol. It's cute! :p

Shahed

If you plan on resetting Blitzball to force the right prizes to appear, then you could pick up Kyou as a defender in Djose. Starts off with Venom Tackle 2 so effectively 20 Attack as soon as you get him. Not so good in the long run, but initially he tackles people for fun. Even the Ronso's!

However if you aren't interested in Blitzball beyond the prizes, I'd say get Attack Reels now if you really want it, but otherwise hold off till you get Brother. Makes it so much easier

Tiamant

The mission in Mi'ihen in chapter 3. Some guides mention taking out a specific group of Machina but other guides ignore it. I feel like I am going to screw something up :/

You just have to be fast and kill a lot more machina than the albhed, at least 7 if I recall correctly, and don't forget to kill the machina at the tiny "island" and after that the one that is at a tiny ledge.

got tidus, wakka and auron maxed out on sphere grid. what an annoying trophy trying to max out the sphere grid :( It looks cool as hell once you are done and zoom out just very boring and time consuming.

beaten dark valefor, ifrit,ixion and sihiva so far. Might just zanmato the rest since i never upgraded luck except for a few nodes. game clock is 75 hours now. Probably take another 10-15 to finish everything up.

ubercheez

I don't think getting No Encounters before Gagazet is very useful though. No Encounters is very easy to do once you have the Airship. Just capture the Dragon set to get 99 Purifying Salts.

The only thing its vaguely useful for is going back to Besaid post Spherimorph, but honestly, its probably faster to just walk back and spam Flee the entire time.

Agreed, and in fact you can't even backtrack to Besaid after you get to the Calm Lands. So the only thing it would do is get you through Gagazet/Zanarkand faster.

Top Bottom